•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Everyone, thanks for your comments, I'm a bit behind still, still posting pics from last fall. Here is Riot Seed Chocolate Dawg..cheers..

... so can i ask what flash speed you are using...

Bagwell, I can't really explain, answer this unless I know which image you are referring too, even then it might be tough as I shoot many different set ups and don't keep records. I am shooting with an Einstein flash now and acheiving the best results ever, nonoe to show you yet.

Choc Dawg

IMG 0922 choc dawg W

IMG 0919 choc dawg W

IMG 0913 choc dawg W

IMG 0910 choc dawg W

IMG 0908 choc dawg W

• Like 5

Epic plants Doobie!

regarding icmag heres my story.

I once attended a select gathering of some of the top growers at an ICMAG cup many years ago. I was gonna go another year, but at the last moment they said they could not ensure privacy, citing immediate pressures of the us government of said gathering this year so I dropped them all. They respectfully gave me back every cent it was a lot of money the powers that be owed me. I also got some very high quality gifts.

Ive not been around them since and this was probably about a handful of years ago but their are many reasons for the paranoia but I would not judge too hard as the complexities and pressures that it takes to operate their business are beyond what most people would understand to genuinely be able to appreciate. They have shoes I would not wish to fill.

With that said, I have seen alot of things over there make you scratch your head so pissed off people on them at least to some extent is probably more than valid.

It was after this that I found Sannie and opengrow and couldnt be happier.

• Like 2

Running Water many thanks for saying something...why small, well I am a member of 10 sites I post on daily, this takes hours when I update them all. OG has one of the hardest systems to work with that also takes the longest of any, thus I post thumbnails. The ratio of people that take the time to view my images and complement me for my work, compared to those that want instant full size pics is extremely small. Considering the time it takes my to grow, shoot, process, upload, and post them here I feel users could click once in return. Peace....DD

Epic plants Doobie!

regarding icmag heres my story....... but I would not judge too hard as the complexities and pressures that it takes to operate their business are beyond what most people would understand to genuinely be able to appreciate. ..it was after this that I found Sannie and opengrow and couldnt be happier.

Hempy you make some good points Sir, thank you, but in my case it was quite different. They, all sites like this, have more to making them work than most would ever understand. Peace...

Going thru the pics still from last fall 2014 here's Apollo Purple 11 enjoy...DD

IMG 0924 Devil Purps W

IMG 0928 Devil Purps W

IMG 0936 Devil Purps W

IMG 0941 Devil Purps W

IMG 0967 Devil Purps W

• Like 1

Nice work Doobie. That Devil Purps W look nice. What does the W stand for? I am not familiar with this strain

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for looking,

Nice work Doobie. That Devil Purps W look nice. What does the W stand for? I am not familiar with this strain

Devil Weed Apollo Purps is what she is, the W by itself in my images refers to ones I've re-sized, and saved for "Web" in Adobe, just means I've processed them for the forums.

A finale’ for one variety? Yes these will be the last of the Apollo Purple shots from the studio last fall, before we tear up, I have another going indoors now. She's very small but the good news is, she's dating! Yes the Apollo Purps girl has a boyfriend with her. So some time in the future there may be F2 children playing in Doobies' garden. Enjoy, I'll have more of several other varieties still to come..DD

IMG 0975 purps Lt W

IMG 0977 purps Lt W

IMG 0981 purps Lt W

IMG 0988 purps Lt W

IMG 0990 purps Lt W

• Like 4

These really not from fall. I see some Peeps left me some likes..thank you guys so much. It's kinda like saying "Doob I was here" to me..peace.

This Pollen Storm 2015 by DoobieDuck. I strive to capture images no one does, or can! I hope these hit the mark. These a Apollo Purps male stud, shot in my studio, on my front porch yesterday. I'm collecting pollen to create a couple F2 girls for images only. No intent to breed with or add to my gene pool. Peace..DD

gallery_10071_4607_9933.jpg

LA1A5678 purps pollen W

LA1A5676 purps pollen W

IMG 0421 pollen pile purps W

IMG 0422 pollen pile purps W

• Like 10

....stunning pix,no doubt Doobie ....this pollen fallout is awesome :tu but maybe you´re expecting too much tribute & compliments(as you maybe get on other Boards?)

please don´t get me wrong,Bro...you make excellent pix,sure,but you just make pix,you do not cure cancer

• Like 1

....... but maybe you´re expecting too much tribute & compliments(as you maybe get on other Boards?)

please don´t get me wrong,Bro...you make excellent pix,sure,but you just make pix,you do not cure cancer

Well done Saxo with the "cancer" comment, you made me think.. That I'm not trying to do, I did not do, May I clarify? I don't think I'm hinting at too much, I don't ask anything at all. I make comments like the one I did to remind people of what they could do very easily to show their appreciation, consideration and respect.

Especially when I come back to a thread of images I worked hard on, posted a week or so early, and have no comments or participation at all from others.. Not often the case here but it's happening more and more nowadays everywhere. A single click of the mouse or a short comment by people that come and view my images will at least let me know they were here.I'm not trying to set any "likes" record either.

I don't expect anything of them, I'm just hoping they'll participate.. A "like" from people, is to me just letting me know they were here, goes a long ways with me to show me their appreciation of what all I do.

I work thousands of hours sharing my images on the boards and when no one comments or gives me a like I sometimes wonder "why- what for?" ..did anyone even see this? I love cannabis and the photography and most likely will never quit, though my health is getting in the way a lot now, to do all I do and never know if anyone is even looking, that's another story..

Considering I breed most of the varieties I display images of, I grow the weed out, capture the images-sometimes with very time consuming set ups and techniques, I process the images re-sizing etc. to make them the best I possibly can which takes hours and hours considering the number of images I shoot, upload them to the web, and usually say something about what strain etc.

I don't think I'm hoping for to much. I rarely visit a thread without commenting, or at least leaving a like.

With my health issues I may be forced to cut down the number of boards where I share my art and this site is one of my Favs. I hope you understand buddy...Cheers..DD.

• Like 1

Every artist has to deal with these demons. Often, the images that people like are not the same as what the artist himself likes. That could be for various reasons, maturity, education, etc. I won a major contest with a picture of my kids in a Radio Flyer Wagon a few years ago, and to me it was just a snap shot of my kids. It was cheesey kind of thing taken on 6x6 color film with a Mamiya camera. I like it still, because it is a memory of my kids.

If you ever get to the point you have a super large following you can feel you either sold out or have reached the most common denominator. Like when you have the best tv program.

I would care more about Who likes your work than how many.

I like it, but don't want to look like a total doob fanboy.

• Like 2

@randude, thanks for your comments, but my objective is communication not likes! I just never know if my art is seen in some threads. I'll post 5 or so images come back every day for a week, and no hellos, no likes, no thanks for posting Doob, nothing, nada, zip. So I wonder why I do it all sometimes. It is truly like no one even visited he thread! And again, leaving a like can be just like saying hello or "Kilroy was here". I understand completely your "doob fanboy" but that is really not what I'm after. Just plain ol conversation, friendship, letting someone know you appreciate their art and all they do to display it for you. Peace brother..DD

Pollen Storm 2015 is one great set of photos DD 87.gif Thanks for posting your pictures :wave:

on wanting to see if members are viewing this thread (counting yourself) 86 replies and 2,721 views.

This is mainly a growers site and we are blessed with not having the run of the mill immature, angry and know-it-all attitude members that other sites have. Most of our members have jobs, families and stop by to update their grow logs. 7,285 members and less than 200 are active in the past 6 months.

• Like 2

I was going to say that, there are not that many people that post daily.

I know when the pictures are big, like the pollen storm the viewer has no other choice but to see it. And it is it a great picture they should comment. We see a lot of frost bud shots on here, so not a great many are going to make one large enough to see in a list. That is my opinion anyway.

The Pollen storm is an awesome shot btw. But looking at it makes me sneeze and worry about my females

• Like 1

also you can select many pictures by selecting/high-lighting them, I usually load 10-20 at one time :wave:

(members before 2011 have to load one at a time)

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone who has commented, liked, or shared my images.

Coping with winter has me not updating as often as I’d like, but don’t give up on me. From last fall in the grow I’d like to share images of a White Jones Casey cross, WJ2 x AS ..seed gifted from a breeder I’ve known for years on the web; described to me as:

WJ2 x AS... White Jones (the white x casey jones (tru cannabliss cut reversed) from CSG. #2 was a pheno leaning towards the Casey side, with bigger yields, larger stretch, and a Casey dieselish funk. She was hit with pollen from Arne's Forgetful Snowdog from Esben of hybrids from hell. AFS is Reservoir's Snowdog BX1 x Amnesia Haze/Arne from Esben's breeding work.

IMG 1142 casey As2 W

IMG 1135 casey As2 W

IMG 1132 casey As2 W

IMG 1129 casey As2 W

IMG 1125 casey As2 W

• Like 9

With those pics, you more than repaid the gift to your friend.

I have to say, speaking on the whole of all your pics I have seen and I have seen elsewhere as well, are some of, if not the best pics I have seen of our beloved plant. Thank you and please keep on keeping on! It makes my day and im sure the same for others who appreciate beatiful things.

• Like 3

IMG 1125 is my favorite, very nice bud but those sexy long - thin leggy fan leaves really brings out her great colors 4.gif

• Like 1

There are a couple things I look for when I look at weed pictures. I like to see close-up of the frost and resin and then the whole plant to get an idea of structure and yield. That is not art, it is just marketing for a strain.

My favorites of yours have always included humming birds. They are shy birds, tiny and beautiful. Their wings flap almost as fast as a bee. Seeing one in a cannabis picture is true art and a magical memorable shot. Of all the years I have been watching you, those have been my favorite. But... If you do nothing but that it seems too used, or gimmicky. As an artist and especially a photographer one has to be constantly reinventing himself.

A lot of really uneducated photographers can take a picture of some resin, and after lots of practice and 100 takes find one that is great. That doesn't make him a great photographer, but just someone that tried really hard to get that single image.

Of the shots above I liked 1125 because it showed the plant structure. I don't think you would have taken the shot at all of there was no resin on it Hahaha.

Live long and enjoy my friend

• Like 1

gallery_10071_4607_9933.jpg

Pollen rain, What a beautiful picture! What did you use to take that shot?

That falling pollen sack Lower center of pic really is the cherry on the cake for me, Like a parachute.

• Like 1

Been awhile in this thread, Today on lookers-HammerHeads Sour Dubb x Querkle up close and personal. I have a vault full of late flower pics and still shooting, wearing me out...you'll see them soon, enjoy..DD

sour dubb 1918 W

sourdubb 1836 W

sourdubb 1749 W

sour dubb 1667 W

sour dubb 1419 W

• Like 2

Beautiful as always.

Love it.

Hempyfan,

Jah Bless!

• Like 1

Thanks all of you for the comments, and the likes. Back to flowers, I know you're not tired of macros but you can visit the macro thread for those, I have many flower shots from the fall to get off the hard drives...cheers...Doobies' Cripple Creek...

LA1A6786 cripple W

LA1A6783 cripple W

LA1A6780 cripple W

LA1A6779 cripple W

LA1A6778 cripple W

• Like 2