•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Shedmonster

Psilocybin inhibits the processing of negative emotions in the brain

that would explain why I always laughed my ass off on shrooms. Damn, that's been awhile.

Damn, that's been awhile.

July, 1985, somewhere in Glacier National Park was the last time for me. I didn't know it would the the last time, at the time. just turned out that way.

Ya know Mr. D, that's about the same time as my last ride on the shroom train. Can't say I remember the year for sure but it was mid 80's sometime.

They grow all around here in the pastures and I used to gather my share back then. Dried them out, ground them up and filled gel caps with them. Two or 3 of those and it was laugh city for hours. Makes my gut hurt just remembering about it...lol.

Damn I coulda told em that! Shrooms n cid is hard to get down...i never understood a bad trip... freakier the better for me! Its a wonder im alive...or sane, but that ones debatable.

• Like 1

Yeah, respect to nature, we are too but sometimes we forget. I'm taking it easy on psychedelics as well. To all youngsters, remember your minds, don't exaggerate it only exacerbates.

Indican, your avatar says it all. Stay away from that horrible sanity :)

• Like 1

Come to think of it I developed depression after I stopped doing psychedelics. It’s was not a conscious thing to stop, just I never get the chance any more…all the mushroom fields near here have now got houses built on them :( Some lucky buggers have got mushroom fields as there gardens…lol…I don't know any drug dealers, my tripping days could be in the past :( but never say never ;)

IF you did too much it's only natural you developed some bad moods, as with cannabis, science has shown that cannabinoids exist in all living things, higher multicellular organisms anyway. Their purpose is to deal with stress, makes total sense regarding our lovely plants. However if you smoke everyday, the brain won't generate it's own cannabinoids, then when you stop smoking you instantly feel the urge to start again, hence the addiction. Just be moderate with anything.

Should you feel the need to experiment on your own, magic mushroom kits can be found in various headshops online, they're fairly easy to grow in a cupboard under a single T5 light, they just need a sterile environment, the main factor of failed shroom grows.

I haven't tried it myself, prefer the ones on the fields, found about 350 little nipply huggers 5 years back about a week before my birthday on a lovely sunny day. Remember talking to the wind blowing with it in all directions, it was quite a peaceful affair, the rest I shared with friends.

And never support drug dealers, unless they only sell cannabis and you absolutely have to, never know where the money goes, you could be financing all sorts of nasty shit.

• Like 1

Last set I had was a mix I had of mexican cubensis and B+. Made some gnarly tea and watched the snow fall in the forest on a clear November night. Truly an amazing night.

Man the day I left okinawa, barracks inspection from base general..these two bulk fuelers lived a couple doors down from me..cool guys but stayed to themselves for the most part. These two fuckers were growing shrooms in the barracks up in the cielotex, had em growin in a fridge, under their beds, friggin everywhere. Dudes got the idea cuz they sat by a cattle farm fuelin helicopters all day. Friggin weather there is like south florida year round, just hot n humid...put two n two together n they got shrooms outta those fields n somehow got em to the barracks. I figured theyd do brig time n shit but because shrooms arent illegal in oki, nothing the Cotps could do...blows my mind to this day.

• Like 1

First time I ever did shrooms some friends called me and said go get some. I told them I didn't know shit about them they told me that when you break the stem they bruise or turn blue. I said ok see ya in a while. I lived in the country so I said screw and hopped a fence to this cow field. Before me lay the most beautiful sight, fairy rings everywhere! Wouldn't you know that they were all the right kind. I showed up to the friends house with two brown paper grocery bags full. The tea we made that day I remember made me feel one with the cosmos and all that shit lol blew their minds that I came through.

• Like 1

That's a study that anyone could have written after actually taking mushrooms. Studies are just a joke, they always were and always are.

I personally love mushrooms, but for galactic oneness nothing beats nice clean clinic grade LSD. I found that the trip from LSD was much more rewarding and a brought a lot more back with me consciously then with mushrooms. I prefer Mexican cubensis over anything else, you can eat 14g and breath under water…or truly believe that you are lol.

RM

• Like 2

Yeah, I'm with you on that Rev. Shroom's were a nice distraction but a good acid trip was so much better.

Acid was always a 3 day event for me. A day to plan for it, a day to do it and a day to recover. You should be ready for an acid trip to enjoy the ride, spontaneity I think is the cause of bad trips.

• Like 2

The thing about acid is that you come down slowly, and while you do you could gain some control over your thoughts and direct them toward whatever philosophical topic you happened to be reflecting on. With 'shrooms you're parachuted to a quick, soft landing, and there is not that multi-hour period of examining ever aspect of life on Earth. There was that total mental and physical exhaustion thing with acid the next day. Like a tornado went through your head, and you have to clean up.

• Like 3

Smoked DMT in summer '07, the natural extract, not the chemical 5-Meo-DMT. It's just too crazy I've heard, doesn't give you time to realize you're being sent off. DMT beats them all, you have a split second to realize you're on it.

We took one deep and slow toke each, passing the pipe to the right, I took the last one, the deepest and heaviest also was the one who got most blasted, upon exhale the smoke formed beautiful geometrical patterns, much more intricate and sophisticated than any other psychedelic I've tried, mescaline comes close, it's more peaceful and forgiving. Then a sphere jumped out of chest, my soul I reckon, the same happened to the other 3 guys I'd been smoking with. The spheres merged in the air in the middle of the circle we were sitting in, either vanishing in the air or splitting back up into 4 surrounding or hovering above our heads, can't recall that part clearly. Oh yeah, when the sphere came out of my chest, it greeted me with a floating face very much resembling the image Shpongle is using, and with a very psychedelic grin :P

I remember wanting to tell the others, but it was pointless, before my thoughts had formed in my limbic system, the one part that was the characteristics of my face floating around and merging with the other 3's traits in their faces, already said the words to me grinning, letting me know I shouldn't waste my time with nonsense. For a second I felt panicking, my rational mind couldn't cope explaining what was going on. All that happened in less than 5 seconds I think. I jumped up from the log I was sitting on exclaiming WTF is going on here. The others were like, easy... easy calm down, I could see the guy who'd made the mix knew I'd been hit hard by the spirit of DMT. He didn't smoke he was like watching over us, never met him since. I then looked around me and everything was like a very much alive Picasso painting, the closest definition of that situation I can come by. To my left everything was moving in slow motion, to the right everything was sped up, like on of those early motion pictures, except it wasn't black and white. Some things were miniscule while others were gargantuan, all morphing. A focal point emerged in the middle of it all, I looked up in a 45-60˚ angle and was catapulted into space, right into the control room of the universe and the electronic machine help elves, as McKenna used to call them was there too. I then collapsed losing consciousness. While all this was happening, one of the other guys later told me, I'd been rolling on the floor making noises like a mad cow, could as well have been one of his hallucinations but probably right. When I gained consciousness again I tried to get back on my feet, but collapsed several times, I was also very distant in my mind. The extraordinary stream of information I'd received had totally knocked me out. The others, rubbed my limbs and gave me hugs to get me back to "reality" or should I say unreality. Not sane, not insane but unsane, that's where the truth lies, and there's absolutely nothing we can use it for in our daily go-abouts. After that I came down to what I would call a "normal" acid trip, with the exception that the whole experience seemed so incredibly truthful. I had tribal visions, I didn't need a microscope, I could look into every plant and being, seeing exactly what was going on in there on a molecular level. That last part of the trip lasted for a couple of hours, it had a very smooth progression in time. The first part lasted for something like 15 min but felt like an eternity. Coming down was quite easy, lying in a hammock smoking chillums with some hippies. Didn't feel exhausted the next day, rather energized actually. The whole thing started about 5 in the morning in the twilight zone at the peak of a psychedelic forest party.

Nothing's ever been the same since, used to say the same after my first acid trip.

Shrooms much more natural and good vibes for me back in the day, cid depended on environment.

This reminds me there is iwasaka vine or whatever... Jaguars eat it and trip in the jungle, people use the juice to overcome past emotional trauma, interesting stuff if you must relive something that keeps playing in your head that is depressing ... Trip balls with the negative stuff turned off...

• Like 1

Joe Rogan has a room dedicated to DMT trips, the dude is pretty knowledgeable on the subject, he mentions it a lot in his pod casts.

Moved from my grow journal, fits better here:

Went to the doctor, he said I had a problem regarding abuse of drugs. I said everything and anything can be used as a drug. Now he's the listener. It seems like I'm lecturing him on how to improve on your health, physically and mentally. There's a reason why people are misusing and abusing the things around them. We're disconnected with nature.

Every morning when I get up, I feel so tired, have to get a couple of cups of coffee and a couple of cigarettes just to get me going. You're addicted!

All that is about to change when I can smoke my good joint in the morning. You're addicted! Yes I'm addicted to life, cannabis is my ginseng. One good joint gets me going for the whole day, it connects me with nature.

I know smoke is harmful to my lungs, soon I will be making cookies, tea and cocoa, hopefully I can get past my addiction to pulling smoke into my lungs.

Nature will teach me. I'm part of nature's body and mind, so are you, just an aggregate but important to the whole. Please don't abuse yourselves, please don't abuse nature.

Cannabis is a mild psychedelic, mildly consciousness expanding. Treat it with respect and it will treat you with respect, both part of nature, deeply entwined.

Stronger psychedelics will take you farther and faster, the same rules apply. They should be used rarely and in small doses, they're not for all to use.

There's a reason the native Indians and other prehistoric societies only had one shaman and an apprentice. I believe some shamans went too far, disregarding and abusing nature for their own personal gains, mixing stronger and stronger brews, adding datura, nicotine and what not along with DMT and Ayahuasca (wine of the dead). Using and abusing it, nature didn't accept this, turning them insane.

There's a mythical brew called Soma, said to have been used in prehistoric India and central Asia, the recipe has been long lost. One of the ingredients supposedly was Fly Agaric (Amanita Muscaria)

Another ingredient is mentioned in a Hindu myth/saga:

Once a very special plant grew on Earth, a plant so special that upon consumption man would gain the insight of the gods. People started abusing it and the gods didn't accept this, so they removed the plant from the earth and instead Shiva came down with the plant Cannabis to comfort and guide the people in the times to come...

Peace and good vibes to all :)