•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Hybridhygro Soliloqueen NFT grow 2014

First of all can I say I’m doing this dairy for a bit of fun, not to show off or convert folk to hydro growing :) I enjoy keeping a diary and looking back at how my past grows and stupid things I’ve done and said in them. Lets get started

Started 5 Soliloqueen seeds, 100% germination.

System : Start in dwc moving to NFT 420, 20ltr tank + air curtain.

Light : 300w CFL, 600w MH, 600w HPS (still to get my uvb bulb)

Shade : Ajust-A-Wing (MH) Air Cooled (HPS)

Nutrients GH Grow, Micro, Bloom + Silica and cal-mag

I started them overnight in a cup of water, I let the water get to room temperature before I put the seeds in, next day I put them between some tissue paper. Then I remembered I had got some sponge pots from Sannie. I dropped the seeds in there and next day away they went. 4 seeds germinated around the same time, 1 seed took a few days more to germinate, I decided I don’t like uneven numbers and threw that one away. Now down to 4 seedlings.

gallery_9653_4482_213042.jpg

I’ve decided to go back and see what I can achieve using my first and forever favourite growing method NFT. I’m doing a slight variation. I’m not using the usual rockwool blocks. I’m using net pots and clay pebbles. I’ll also be adding an air curtain to the tank, it should end up a combination nft-dwc. Depending on how many Female plants I get will determine if I do a scrog grow or not?

I was a bit slow getting the light on them. They get tall fast in the wee sponge pots. Not so good for my hydro style, much better for soil or coco ;) They were all got to about 2-3 inches tall and ready to fall over.

gallery_9653_4482_282804.jpg

I had a think about it and came up with this. Each 5 inch net pot has a layer of pebbles then a root riot, Sannie’s spong pot inside that, then a grodan jacket with clay pebbles around the long stems. It’s worked a treat. Next I made 2 mini-twin-dwc tanks. Feeding Canna start at 140ppm in the tank water ph 6.0 ish. They will be in here for the next 4-5 weeks. I’ll top and train them when I know what sex they are.

gallery_9653_4482_91631.jpg

gallery_9653_4482_242413.jpg

Next update will be when I know what sex they are, hopefully in the next 3 or 4 weeks? Take it easy until then

Hybridhygro.

• Like 6

Nice Start Hybrid. The lil Ones look nice. Mine over here just came out of the Soil with the Heads last Evening, Im defo curious how they will turn out in Nft System,over here they go with 2 Gallon Smart Pots and gd ol Soil. Btw i recon a 100% Germination ratio over here too. Gd n Strong Genetics.

• Like 1

Thanks mate, they look fine to me ;) I felt bad ditching the other one , nothing was wrong with it, it was just getting in the way and making things awkward for me. even numbers from now on...lol...

Wow nice one Hybrid. Mine just got Transplanted in 2 Gallon Root Pouches as i write this. They grow really fast i am thinking to switch them under the 200w Cfl this Evening. Atm they under a 30 w T5 and already shoot out of the Soil like mad.

• Like 1

1 Soliloqueen diary is enough. I’ll just stop this one here ;)

more the merrier!! :D

Feel free to show us the end results if you don't have the time to document the entire grow.. I'm sure the members will love to see how your plants bloom out ;)

Cheers

• Like 2

Yeah also from me just go on posting as im really interessted to compare the Soil vs Nft Soliloqueens. We cant have enough Journals over here showing theese Bad ass Genetics in diffrent Systems and Grow Techniques

• Like 1

more the merrier!! :D

Feel free to show us the end results if you don't have the time to document the entire grow.. I'm sure the members will love to see how your plants bloom out ;)

Cheers

Thanks for that Prof :) I’ll do that mate ;)

Looks like I could be doing a diary for this grow after all. In the form of a video diary, if it's ok I'll post the links here.

Here is how they are looking today 10 days after I put them in the nft tray

gallery_9653_4482_371846.jpg

gallery_9653_4482_192386.jpg

Using Net pots is working well. i would only just be putting them in the tank if i was using grodan/rockwool. They are being fed 3 part GHE Flora EC 0.4 PH 6.0 I hope to post the 1st video in the next week or so.

Great start and good luck with your Soliloqueens, will be interesting to see if they'll catch up with mine. Spongepots seems like an unnecessary step, seedlings always get too tall too fast.

• Like 1

Don't know how I missed this one? I'll be watching. Good luck on this run, hybrid! :)

I'm happy you found it ;)

Great start and good luck with your Soliloqueens, will be interesting to see if they'll catch up with mine. Spongepots seems like an unnecessary step, seedlings always get too tall too fast.

Hi mate, yes spongepots were overkill on my part. Already gave then to a friend. 5 weeks ago today I popped then seeds. 3 more weeks veg and I’ll be flowering the girls killing the males. No sex showing yet. Have they caught up with your plants yet?

Zippo’s for size ;)

gallery_9653_4482_168834.jpg

gallery_9653_4482_151422.jpg

• Like 2

I think I should start this one again if that’s ok ;) I was hoping It could be a video diary but it’s not happening :( what happened to the other ones?

I’ve got loads of experience running nft and decided to go back to my nft growing roots after trying DWC for a few grows. Got a new tent, I might need a bigger fan at some point, I’ll see how it goes this time?

I decided to do half the pack, 5 Regular seeds ( I should have done them all) I started in my usual way, overnight in a glass of water, then into sannie’s spongpots (my mate forgot to take them) and away they went. I dropped one right on its head and killed it, only 4 left. I got them into the net pots soon as I could as they got tall fast. In no time at all they were in the nft tray with the pump running 24/7. PH is always 6.0 or as close as I can get it. I started them on EC 0.2 and build up slowly. I’m now at EC 0.8. Max will be about EC1.2 - 1.4 deep into flower. The main reason for using the net pots is the stabliaty of the plants in the blocks is terrible (they almost always fall over). Doing a scrog has already fixed this problem so next run (Killing Fields and AM’s XX Eufloria) no net pots ;)

I moved 2 of them into another nft tank, still that one plant lagging behind the others?

gallery_9653_4482_221961.jpg

Then they finaly show sex at 7 weeks old, All male apart from the smallest one…I half expected that was the case but it’s still a bugger… I was not planning on scrogging this time at all. After my last attempt I thought I should get a look at this plant first. It’s much easier to scrog from a clone. So what I’m thinking I might do is scrog berrybomb on one side and see what I can do with Soliloqueen on the other. It all depends on how she flowers? Berrybomb is almost ready to go, she was always my backup plan if It was all males…lol…

gallery_9653_4482_22448.jpg

Berrybomb dwc on the left, Soliloqueen in nft on the right.

gallery_9653_4482_16911.jpg

Soliloqueen I’ve only topped 5 branches so far. I’ll do a trim and take my cuttings this week just before I flip her.

gallery_9653_4482_72604.jpg

I put the net on just to see where I was at. I need to cut about 4 or 5 inches off the hight of the scrog net and we are good to go. I’ll do that tomorrow and flip them to 12/12 on Monday then the fun can get started ;)

gallery_9653_4482_2355.jpg

Hybridhygro

• Like 2

Bummer about the males and this gal being the smallest, but looks like some fun is about to start nonetheless as you say :)

Can't wait to see how she flowers, thanks for the continuation!

Your Jackberry looked and sounds awesome btw ;)

• Like 1

Damn all Males except one :( over here no male out of the beans i popped. but i had 2 youngsters that died cause we had a extreme heatwave over here :( ill switched 12/12 5 days ago and they making a incredible fast stretching round 2,5-3cm per day atm.

• Like 1

I know I was only started just this diary again, but I like to crack on when growing. I got into it today took a few more pictures. I’ll top her again, take my clones, then flip her to12/12 and hope for the best. By the sound of it I’ll have a bit of a monster on my hands in no time ;)

Profile picture

gallery_9653_4482_312478.jpg

Above the net. It’s looking no bad ;)

gallery_9653_4482_285658.jpg

This is the nutrient line up for this grow. Dwc is dialled in already but still to fined the sweet spot in the nft.

gallery_9653_4482_215257.jpg

I forgot to say the NFT is getting organic food...Take it easy until next time :) Hybrid

• Like 1

Bummer about the males and this gal being the smallest, but looks like some fun is about to start nonetheless as you say :)

Can't wait to see how she flowers, thanks for the continuation!

Your Jackberry looked and sounds awesome btw ;)

Thanks very much mate. I figured out what the taste is..it's HAZE! some berry but mostly haze tasting. I love it. I'm using humi packs for the 1st time. Hell they make a big difference to the cure...10/10...

Damn all Males except one :( over here no male out of the beans i popped. but i had 2 youngsters that died cause we had a extreme heatwave over here :( ill switched 12/12 5 days ago and they making a incredible fast stretching round 2,5-3cm per day atm.

Unlucky with the heat bro, but lucky with the plants ;) I was cool as long as i got one girl lol Now she's in her space i'm sure she will grow fast ;) good luck with the rest of your grow :)

Hybrid i defo will run the Solilos again.... i discovered a Pheno which i realy call the Fastest Growing Plant i ever had in my Garden/Tents. Defo Worth a Keeper and as Prof. P wrote this is the more Space Queen dom. Pheno. its anyways a Keeper for me..... Clones Rooting from that one But i need to find her Again to have a Keeper Mum for the next few Years.

• Like 1

I figured out what the taste is..it's HAZE! some berry but mostly haze tasting. I love it. I'm using humi packs for the 1st time. Hell they make a big difference to the cure...10/10...

I suppose that could be what my favourite JB tasted like too (think it was the same pheno as your 2). I can't say I know exactly what haze tastes like, but after a quick google it kinda describes my pheno. Earthy/incensey but sweet too. It never fails to give me dry mouth, does yours do that too?

People usually tell me it tastes good, but I think it's kinda bland compared with some other strains (might have something to do with my dry/cure though). When I can grow again I'm doing Sannie's Jack; I should get a good idea of haze there :)

The humi packs sound like a cool idea thanks dude. I wonder if I can get something similar down here...

Anyway, Solilo sounds like my kinda vibe so I'll be following this one.

• Like 1

Hybrid i defo will run the Solilos again.... i discovered a Pheno which i realy call the Fastest Growing Plant i ever had in my Garden/Tents. Defo Worth a Keeper and as Prof. P wrote this is the more Space Queen dom. Pheno. its anyways a Keeper for me..... Clones Rooting from that one But i need to find her Again to have a Keeper Mum for the next few Years.

Hey ninja, I would love to keep mums too, but I just don’t have the room for them. I just keep cloning my clones. It’s worked well for me for years so why change now? I would have about 20 mums if I was keeping all the plants I’ve loved over the years…lol…If I ever find my “THE ONE” (I not even sure exists) I’ll keep that as a mum ;) I’m just into growing my plants, not into pollen chucking. I’ve got no worries about lost dna…as long as it’s getting me stoned then I’m happy :) The berrybomb in this grow is 7th generation clone ;)

I suppose that could be what my favourite JB tasted like too (think it was the same pheno as your 2). I can't say I know exactly what haze tastes like, but after a quick google it kinda describes my pheno. Earthy/incensey but sweet too. It never fails to give me dry mouth, does yours do that too?

People usually tell me it tastes good, but I think it's kinda bland compared with some other strains (might have something to do with my dry/cure though). When I can grow again I'm doing Sannie's Jack; I should get a good idea of haze there :)

The humi packs sound like a cool idea thanks dude. I wonder if I can get something similar down here...

Anyway, Solilo sounds like my kinda vibe so I'll be following this one.

Hey roodni. Hope your growing again soon mate. I find it had to describe tastes. No dry mouth, it’s sharp and sweet. I’ve not grown any haze strains (long flowering times put me off) but the few times I’ve smoked haze I’m pretty sure this was the taste of it ;) http://www.growweedeasy.com/how-to-cure-buds this link is where I first seen about the 62% humi-packs ;)

Soliloqueen nft / Berrybomb dwc update day 4 at 12/12

I noticed the plastic lid I was using for the dwc was going to break. I forgot I had made a lid for this size pot, I had to take the net off and change it..This is when I seen berrybomb has got root rot. It’s recovering now but who knows what will happen with her? I’ll try not to talk about berrybomb as this diary is for Soliloqueen ;)

The EC in NFT tank is at 0.8-1.0 the ph I let swing a wee bit but most of the time it’s at 6.0 or close as I can get. Don’t know where I got the idea the GHE Floranova was organic (coz it looks and smells like biobizz?… …) it’s working great anyway. 1 bottle is a nice change. In my 20ltr tank 10ml floranova grow +10ml cal-mag + 1ml silica = EC 0.8-1.0 PH 5.9. I do a top-up every 2nd day, full change every week. The food is going down, ph staying in safe zone :) I just need to remember this is not dwc she can take a wee bit higher EC in nft system.

Net off proper lid on dwc.

gallery_9653_4482_70646.jpg

Profile shot

gallery_9653_4482_400662.jpg

Above

gallery_9653_4482_68999.jpg

gallery_9653_4482_194003.jpg

gallery_9653_4482_422142.jpg

Berrybomb (notic all the 3 segment leaves all over the plant?)

gallery_9653_4482_444353.jpg

Soliloqueen under the net. She’s a big girl now

gallery_9653_4482_445976.jpg

We are up to date. I’ll keep you posted ;) take it easy

Hybrid

• Like 4