•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

smilestyle

Colombian Gold 1972 Question

I had the real deal back in the 70s and I could not get it finished 100% outdoors, I never grew it indoors , but I would guess 16-20 weeks if not a little more.I have seen it at a couple of seed banks, some say 60-90 days, I don't see the real deal finishing that fast from what I have seen, maybe in a cross.good luck if you take it on, you will have a treat.

• Like 3

Thx gregster, that´s what I thougt: 16 - 22 weeks...that fits in. My longestflowering strain in this planned grow goes up to 24 weeks.

I don´t fear the long time, I just want to know, wether it fits in or not.

smile

• Like 3

In the late 70s, I was able to give 12 weeks, and it seemed like it needed a month more. They had enough time to develop viable seeds, though.

• Like 3

Hi,

Approximately 18 weeks of flowering!

Performs a period of growth of 1 to 2 months (18/24) then collects cuttings, put your cuttings in bloom

If your plants are not mature at flowering or you put your plants in 12/12 too early, they have a lot of trouble for started their flowering

The technique of a long growth and collects of cuttings to put in bloom is the best for all 100% sativa strain

news stock colombian gold 1972 coming soon (2015)

Best vibes

• Like 11

A big commitment. When I have a 365 day/year flower room, I'll give it a try.

• Like 2

Hi Jahgreenlabel,

please can you elaborate on this a bit fro me please,

Is this method of putting cuttings into bloom rather than the 2 month veg'd plants how you grow all Sativa's because of space?

I have 2m height to use and was intending on growing some of the sativa's from USC and The Tropical seed company as i normally would, veg from seed with training in my veg tent for 1-2months, plant on into final 35L airpots and flower. would you suggest I do it differently?

I would also like to ask you about soil, I have up until now used a soil recipe called super soil, It is a very rich soil. I have now developed a Vegan potting soil and a vegan "hot" soil of my own which I will use from now on. but my question is would you recommend recycling my spent super soil for the 100% sativa's?

Performs a period of growth of 1 to 2 months (18/24) then collects cuttings, put your cuttings in bloom

If your plants are not mature at flowering or you put your plants in 12/12 too early, they have a lot of trouble for started their flowering

The technique of a long growth and collects of cuttings to put in bloom is the best for all 100% sativa strain

Thanks for any help and feel free to ask me to be more specific if my questions aren't clear.

Cheers!

So I have 2 packs of Colombian Gold. I read of someone that grew this strain and he said some of the phenos will not get you high, very weak. I am pretty sure he meant USC Colombian Gold. Does anyone here have an opinion on that? I usually only grow one or two plants of a strain so I can test it. Might have to make sure I have at least 2 plants of this?

I cannot speak directly but generically on some aspects people may have with long sativas.

I suspect this is why some people have a lack of appreciation of "long flowering sativas." Few truly see them correct including myself and can count on one hand where I can say I saw one correct but those are not my circles.

Some sativas need a longer "maturity" time frame. For some plants maturity matters more than others. generally tropics have stable climate and this can actually be problematic signally for some genetics to go into flower mode.

Internally these mechanisms are controlled by these types of plants via temperature and light, due to equator light is not such as a factor as in northern or southern hemispheres. So many genetic types from tropic require time to do all the internal pre-work for flowering.

Plant perspective - Hey, its a nice day, suns out, life is good, they are in no hurry up and die. Where the plants in unstable temperature regions (north and south hemispheres) the plants have to hurry up and this goes to the extreme end of that which is your auto strains who genetically said screw this, light is all the time (autos are arctic edge plants) and they develop as fast in development as they can. Temperature is driving factor in the evolution more than others in genetic past.

• This is why you clone them only before going into flower as then you have a "mature" clones going in.
  • Still will need long flower but the plant can reach potential, by flowering early in such plants you prevent to limit its potential.
  • This aspect can also pop up in hybrids where this trait has not been worked out of the line by competent breeders, free seeds, experimental pollen chucks, or the trait is linked to other traits and it just at best labeled as difficult.

When buying "long flowering sativa seeds, ask your breeder such questions if you can but generally you will want to follow their recommendation for veg period.

• When people go 12/12 with those seeds this is very good for shit quality. Even if able to flower, they will do badly as they had not time to process to do what you ask for it, it will try but it is the growers fault for not understanding and appreciating the produce they are growing.
  • The growers "I wants" get the better of them and their inexperience and lack of knowledge harms them.
  • When you see "connoisseur" genetics with the growers recommendations are higher than easy growing with a long veg recommendation it is in the category for which I speak.

Hope that helps.

• Like 4

@ yesum I´ve grown USC previous batch and "weak" would be the last association with this strain. It grows and grows and grows until laprox. 8-9 weeks of flowering ( 12 weeks 12/12) .

Yield is big with big plants, though the buds are light and airy.

Very clean high ,with aprodisiac potential- at least, when you have a dirty mind.

Long lasting (over 3 hours), fades out softly, no burnout.

smile

Colombian Gold 1972 (USC)

gallery_3033_4448_362061.jpg

• Like 11

Hempyfan is right. I let them in veg for 5 weeks. I knew that they ´ll grow big, but otherwise you put them into flower, when they are children literally, and that´s bad juju. Long flowering strains are easy to grow.

- Low nutes.

- Enough space for the roots.

- Not so much water.

- Patience.

smile

• Like 3

Sounds awesome smilestyle. I have experience with sativas in my little tent. Just keep bending them over and keep at it. Acapulco Gold and Guerrero I kept to 18 inches tall. I expect the same with the CG.

Yes, yesum, consequent bondage with colombian gold 72 and you`ll have no problems.

Horizontal bamboo-bondage stick in CG72

gallery_3033_4448_90843.jpg

• Like 5

I have a few CG going now. Hoping for a psychedelic pheno in the bunch. I am guessing with my 9 hours 40 minutes lights on schedule that I will have them done in 16 weeks or less. Gonna veg 4 or 5 weeks.

smilestyle, what you grew are old time sativas, you can tell by looking. Airy 'buds', no weight, lots of slender leaves. That is why it all but went extinct. No money in it. Even in the late seventies it had been hybridized to make it shorter flower and heavier buds. Lost the better high when they did that.

If anyone has any info on this strain I would like to hear it. jahgreenlabel I am wondering how this '72 version compares to your '80 version or any other you have, in terms of the high it produces. I had Colombian Gold back in 1979 and while good was not very trippy or producing transcendent feelings. I think it had gone down hill by then. Never had the late sixties to around 1972 Colombian Gold, so this will be a first.

• Like 1

if u went already 16 weeks, does 2 weeks more make a difference? :huh:

• Like 3

Two weeks is a long time when you want something real bad. Not easy growing these with the wait and the way they stretch, but worth it. I have Acapulco Gold growing next to the Colombian Gold and they look almost identical. I wonder if they are related strains or even the same?

Even 16 is too long in my garden lol That is so long! I guess If I was only growing for myself that time wouldn't seem quite so bad, but still 16 or 18 weeks! Whoa, let's see do any veg, you will have a harvest, twice a year? I have a couple I throw in that do not produce much, because I like the smoke so much, this would be like that for me, on occasion would grow it out. I still cant' get over 18 weeks lol whoa!

• Like 3