•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

santero

how to detect CBD presence at home

information:

i recently read an older member act all savvy and

saying there is no way of measuring CBD in buds.

How to detect the presence of CBD, for home growers

http://www.madchat.f...2nd_edition.pdf

Page # 127The Beam Test aka Beam's Test

If you read the section "Colorimetry" in the first paragraph on Page #127 you will see a simplified method for detecting CBD using a spot test called "the Beam test"

The needed reagents are:

5% KOH(Potassium hydroxide) in 95% ethanol

(5g KOH in 100 ml 95% ethanol)

Petroleum ether, Naptha or other organic solvent to remove the cannabinoids from a sample of your choosing.

Place 1-2 grams of your sample flowers in an oven until dry @ 150 degrees Celsius for 5 minutes. Extract in a small glass vessel (shot glass?) for 10 minutes in 10 ml of your Petroleum ether, other organic solvent, naptha, etc.

Filter and remove the leaf material using a coffee filter or similar, catch the liquid extract

Take 1 ml of the extract and dry on a white porcelain dish like an egg cup, saucer, or similar. (Gently heat the dish to evaporate the liquid phase of the extract). You will have a dish with remnants of resin leftover once the liquid has evaporated.

Place 5 drops of your 5% KOH in ethanol solution on your plate, and wait about 10 minutes. You will see a distinct violet/purple/pink color from samples containing CBD which could be Chemotype II or III plants - in the case of CBD Lullaby they will be only Type I and II plants- THC only plants (chemotype i) will not show this colour.

It's a relatively simple test and anyone can do it, you just need to order KOH from Amazon or your local soap making store and pick up a solvent from your local hardware store. The ethanol will probably be the most difficult thing to source, but it is available as "Everclear" or 190 proof ethyl alcohol from your local provincial or state run liquor store, depending on your location.

Hope that comes in handy....

-Chimera

source:

https://www.icmag.co...080&postcount=2

i hope it helps anyone interested ...

just stumbled over this in another place.

many greetings,

SAN

• Like 4

KOH is a very corrosive substance, organic solvents pose a great danger due to their likeness to be inflamable or explosive. I strongly advise everyone who wishes to follow this badly documented recipe* to work with greatest care and attention. Organic Solvent and Corrosive Material precaution measures must be met before handling those substances.

*Example: No detection limit of method used provided.

Stay safe everyone.

KOH is a very corrosive substance, organic solvents pose a great danger due to their likeness to be inflamable or explosive. I strongly advise everyone who wishes to follow this badly documented recipe* to work with greatest care and attention. Organic Solvent and Corrosive Material precaution measures must be met before handling those substances.

*Example: No detection limit of method used provided.

Stay safe everyone.

not more or less dangerous then your 'ph-' or

'ph+'. these are very dangerous on paper too.

in real life? ...

well, depends on how stupid you act.

btw.

chimera posted this 'badly documented recipe'.

(maybe you don't know him ... doesn't matter.)

and yeah, of course only experts should do this :rolleyes:

this here is just information, nothing much more ...

information:

so you understand:

there was a sad bloke over here that recently

claimed there'd be NO way to check for CBD.

well ... yeah. there is ...

and that's the point of this thread.

enjoy your day, pinky :)

• Like 1

Why shouldn't there be no Way to Check cbd? There's allways a Way...you See 😄

I think it allways Depends on how someone acts...

96 % alc like prima Sprit is also very dangerous but it Makes the best AHO.

Keep away from children!

Nice Weekend bros

should I be smoking when I perform this test?

• Like 2

hahaha

I wouldn't suggest it...

seriously though, ya gotta be glad for all the progress being made with cannabis.

When I started growing people hardly, if ever, spoke of cbd's or even testing their weed

I'd love to be a fly on the wall listening in to my great great great grankids conversation one day in the future.

"My grandad says they used to grow in CLOSETS way back when this stuff was illegal..."

"Whaddya mean ILLEGAL?"

Funny, when my grandad was born weed was legal and booze wasn't!

Thanks for the info, Santero!

I'm definitely trying this this fall. It's a win win situation. CBD check or flames. Can't lose either way.

about the same caution as making BHO/AHO applies, so ...

please, 'kids' ... be careful :) (lol)

• Like 2

Thanks this is good is their a way for THCV in the PDF aswell cant find it

Edited by Malarkey

I saw the Chimera post and shared this to some UK med groups recently. Got a reply from an ex lab technician saying they worked with KOH for years and saw no real safety concerns using it at all in a home environment. Follow the instructions on the label or in the Beam test breakdown and it's fine. Really good information thanks for posting to the forum.

Guest Soi

interesting san will you try and post result?

working with chemicals, as long as you work safely you are fine.

make sure you have the correct safety equipment, etc ventilation bla bla and so.

great info san

all the best

ask chimera, he posted the "tutorial" at ICm and he will answer to you if you ask him, top bloke.

• Like 1

What is the recreational effect of pot that is really high in CBD, anyway?

Sleepytimes?

I don't know if this is the same thing you are talking about, there is a Dr. T H Hunt showing everyone how to safely make a small batch of Rick Simpson Oil on youtube. Just type in How to make a small batch of Rick Simpson oil, in youtube. Hope this can help someone. dsj

what home made method is used to detect THC levels instead? I found this very useful though but I also need to detect THC presence

On 6/3/2019 at 1:12 AM, survivor said:

what home made method is used to detect THC levels instead? I found this very useful though but I also need to detect THC presence

Smoke that shit. You'll know for sure. :D

• Haha 1