•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Guest BrockSamson

wtf is this? Spidermite?

All it would take is one moth getting in. But I don't think it's a moth, anyway. I had a ton of caterpillars last summer, and the species that hit me left no filaments. Might have been a number of different species.

• Like 1

That's not a mold problem, you got bud caterpillars.

Inside that mess is a small green worm that wants to be a moth some day.

You can tell cause its webbing and poop and its only in one or two buds.

is this diagnosis for the first picture in the thread or for the pic robogro posted?

just the fact you can see on the outside like that means the whole thing is scrap from inside :( man that sucks

you said 80-90% humidity cause the ac did not start...how is it usually?

man i get uncomfortable when it's over 50 in mid-end flo..

...found this webbing on one of my buds...

may be mold?

open your bud to the stem. may be there is same web.

Guest BrockSamson

It's more than likely mold, but that still doesn't explain the webbing. Before I took that picture, what caught my eye was a thick layer of webs on that part of the bud, which is why I initially thought it was spider mites. But once I opened it up, that's the picture I took, and it definitely looks like mold.

Also, if it was mold though, I would imagine it being on other parts of the plant, or in any of the denser nugs that surrounded that area, however it was only located on that one budsite. I'd take another picture, but that bud is long gone. I'll do another check (which would be the 4th) tomorrow when I water for more mold or similar sites, and I'll post it up. Seems there's mystery afoot here.

As for moths, there are some that end up in my house almost daily, however it would have to get past 4 doors and a layer of panda film before it can even get in the room, which is very highly unlikely (both that it would make it to and plant at the otherside of the room, and that I wouldn't notice it when I'm down there working on the plants).

I'll go check my ducting to see if there is any gaps for reflector intake, that a moth could get through outside.

you said 80-90% humidity cause the ac did not start...how is it usually?

man i get uncomfortable when it's over 50 in mid-end flo..

It's a minisplit ac unit Old Schools, It stays within range of 50-60% and at 80 degrees (CO2) within the room with the lights on

s this diagnosis for the first picture in the thread or for the pic robogro posted?

This is Brocks pick from the begining, robos was probably mites.

I had the things before indoors, they always only hit a few lower buds and they cause budrot in the buds they are in.

The webbing is a dead giveaway,

catepillar leave traces they poop every were and almost never eat from side buds always the tip top and that looks like fungi somedays later but if you have these fokking green worms cattepillar or what this punk is called that becomes a butterfly later green bastards

follow the poop if so..

but in this matter is fungi bud root i belive from what i se is from high ec and low evaporation due lack of leaves to evaporate its just a strain thing

cut of infected lower ec to 1.1-1.3 only

higer the temp if posiible and you be fine you are close to the end so

good luck bro!

have you ever tested if it really is around 50-60..cause if it is over that all the time , there's your problem dude

Guest BrockSamson

lol thanks for the concern oldschoolsg. I've got about 3 sensors in there, the main one that controls pretty much everything in the room (not the ac though) is the sentinel. There's also a sensor on the minisplit and I've got an independent stand alone sensor in the middle of the room.

• Like 1

alright ;)

Guest BrockSamson

alright yea.....it's bud mold. Left town for 2 days, just got back and I lost 3 colas. I'm trimming overtime at the moment to get everything harvested before I start losing more.

Can I turn the molded colas into hash oil?

What can I start doing to reduce the spread of the bud mold in the meantime? (I was thinking about bringing room temperatures down significantly)

Will this start affecting them while they are drying?

You have to remove the infected parts or it will continue to spread, and spread fast. You do not want infected parts on the plant when you chop it.

I'm sure you can make something from the moldy weed, but I always throw it away, in case there is some allergen in there that will give people problems.

Sucks big time. Last time it happened to me, it was some big Shackzilla colas. I could have harvested a week earlier, but I just figured a little more time wouldn't hurt. Oops. Harvesting those few days earlier would probably have meant no significant loss in yield.

Can you lower humidity? Lowering temp might slow growth, but it will also slow the growth of the plants. You can also spray with products like Green Cure, which is just potassium bicarbonate -- about as safe as baking soda. It desiccates any fungus, including spores, that it touches. If you have white pistils on the buds, it dries them out and turns them red, too. If the bud is still growing, the new growth will have white pistils again.

Guest BrockSamson

Yea this is some bullshit alright. I've been cutting off the moldy parts, but I guess there's always that chance that i might've missed something

The plants are about done growing. I'm thinking that the AC will suck more moisture out of the air and lower the temperatures.

I've got some potassium bicarbonate lying around, Will spraying the buds have any adverse affects on the taste?

Ahh man….don't spray anything at all at this stage it'll make shit worse. Just keep physically removing affected parts and don't be overly gently, get right in there brother.

Your AC if the correct BTU's will be a game changer.

Peace

RM

Can I turn the molded colas into hash oil?

Yes, I know a old guy in my town who has to do it all the time... he's not a very good listener... but he makes good hash. He makes bubble hash with it, he tells me... " just make sure your last bag is under 30 microns... that way its small enough to catch the majority of molds and their spores, that frequently grow on pot."

I'd rather smoke hash made from molded tops than smoke those molded tops! Just my opinion.

• Like 1