•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

The_Organic_Obsession

"Unkown" Breeders worth exploring?

Alright - so I thought I would try to get a little thread going....

This is not to take away from Sannie and his crew. I have ran a ton of their stuff and most of you have too. I was glad to find this place and haven't looked back since. Hell I just bought 3 more packs today.

We have all tried the "Big Brand" seedbanks and know how that usually turns out.

Rev and some others have been exposing us to some other lesser known breeders. JOTI for example.

Please post your experience with strains you have personally grown. Is there something we have to have? A breeder we should steer clear of? Everyone's pictures and experiences welcome!

Dude

• Like 6

Very cool thread. I have to confess tho that I tend more and more just to buy from Sannie as it just dont feels like Buying at all.... more like trading some few bucks for a complete dream.

I liked the Channel+ from Medical Seeds alot! Ive actually smoked so much of that gear I dont like it anymore :D I dont know if that is a good or bad thing. It will never be on par with Anesthesia or Kolossus, but it was and is some very nice generic 50/50 hybrid. Not much ceeling but loads of taste and the most easiest and quickest Bud out there.Couldnt stand the taste anymore at some point. Its really like smoking a perfume.

Mandala hat some nice phenos in the Satori and Speed Queen. Sadly the fattest Satori pheno tastes like an asian-garlic-shrimp-lemongrass-TomYum-soup and gets on my nerves very quickly tastewise.

The strongest SpeedQueen pheno does just the opposite of what-it-reads-on-the-label. PURE coma. You smoke one, you go to sleep.

Not really small breeders but also no Greenhouse dimensions.

Iam sure there will be loads of good posts here, cant wait to see em!

Grobers

• Like 3

Short list

La Plata Labs (upstarts from Colorado that obviously have their shit together and locked tight)

JOTI (Most consistent breeder on the planet, this I am sure of)

East Island (ran the catalog more than once, one of my faves of all time)

Cannacopia (running their C99 x Deep Chunk…impressive so far)

I'll add the last 2 smoke reports soon.

• Like 6

does fem-only SeedBanks count too? ...i recommend Sweed Seeds, they got some nice strain as well

S.A.D. ,SweetCheese and BlackJack,to name a few...GaneshSpirit is great stuff also

...The HubbleBubble from Mandala,i´m running currently,looks Bomb too

• Like 3

I haven't grown any but I've smoked a ton of Sweet Seeds S.A.D. this summer from a friend and it's top notch. They love growing it and it never spits out a single banana so it's sturdy.

No hate for fems here….embrace all things cannabis and fuck the snobbery :)

RM

• Like 10

I've always been a fan of TGA Subcool, and I would say their Chernobyl is my favorite. The look and the smell was like a jar full of fruity pebbles cereal, which if you can't get around the world, I am so sorry, it's DELICIOUS. I have not grown very many of their strains repeatedly so I can't speak about stability though.

As far as breeders to stay away from. Matthew riot and Riot seeds. I've had nothing but bad experiences with him

• Like 2

Hello @ organic

and all@

what i have tried and was solid is himalayangold from Greenhouse seeds regular and then the fem when they change it was quite good too no hermies so you can seed from em any ways on the same generation

humbolt seed org chemdawg

emerald triangle super sour og

serious seeds ak47 and chronich

calli connection tahoe og kush not stable but those i had was regular and wicked phenos small not big plant

but the buddha tahoe is big

cheese dna seeds found some nice phenos in their fem section

Positronics - Afghan Express

is an autoflowering harvesting about 100 g its amazingly big quick and nice buds but some phenos have banana and will pollinate the plant so be carefull but its worth it

be cool all@

• Like 3

I thought I should note that I have nothing to offer :smoke

I was lucky enough to get a few nice clone genetics shortly after I started with bagseed. Then after an exhaustive search to pick a breeder, I ended up here. I have been working with clone only cuts, Sannie, E$ko, Dynasty and crossing them all together myself ever since.

I will however be venturing out and trying some new things, hence the thread. Thanks for contributing!

Peace!

Dude

• Like 2

a friend that i've been helping with her grow recently harvested 3 solos stash from bodhi seeds and two blue dream from humboldt seed org. the solos stash is completely amazing, heavy yielder and incredible quality. the blue dream is very worth while but didn't yield nearly as well an d while it is a very good smoke, it didn't compare to the stash in any way.

their still in veg but i'm running a full pack of choco dog from b seeds. their looking pretty sweet so far. i think the breeder is in argentina. might be another south american country. i think these were listed as untested when i got them so the pack of 11 regular seeds was 25 or 35 $. the secret must be out 'cause now there $90. glad i got 'em when i did, i think he raised the prices on most of his gear but only the choco dog jumped up in price several times more than any other.

there are a bunch of lower priced strains on seed hay that i want, alot of what's in their private breeders section looks promising. but after the order i just placed here and having a shiz ton of seeds of my own sorta accidental crossing and seeds of more than a dozen other strains in my stash i've yet to run, i shouldn't need any more for some time. but i'm an addicted strain whore, so my will power might last two months be for i add more to the list.

cool idea for a thread. hope what i wrote is clear, i'm a little drunk, really really high and watching @midnight.

there's a vid showing with a back ground song,"smoke weed, smoke weed...".

@Dream - I got it, slightly beer buzzed too :) Only because I am on the road and can't smoke :(

I was waiting for Bodhi to pop up. They are definitely in my near future. Picking a strain seems to be the hard part there, his shit looks good. I have been going through the 150 page IC Mag thread of his unofficial fan club. Definitely some fire.

Can't remember who is testing for his gear here, but they showed off his product well.

Dude

have you ever felt like someone hit you in the knee with something hard but you can't remember anything happening to it? i had a family fish fry today. so i cook drink smoke eat laugh drink clean smoke drink and so on... but i haven't been so buzzed i shouldn't know why my left knee feels like it does. uh, back to thread topic.

haven't read anything but good of anything bodhi's released. i was expecting something really good, but what she grew surprised me. two hits and you can feel a change of pressure inside your head, three hits and i had near shut eyes and a constant grin. sadly, she had a learning experience and lost the clones. i think she's already ordered another pack.

some time in the future i plan to get dream beaver and at least 2 others.

devil weed and cannafornia seeds both have some tempting choices. i read a bunch of thread of the dude that is cannafornia, he's inexperienced as hell for being a pro breeder, but he seems humble and honest, and smart and most important, started with top notch genetics.

Sonic seeds, kgbeans, ugorg, bald man lala, Jordan of the island, jaws, zoolander

The one Peakseeds strain I tried was good. Northern Skunk is a solid hybrid, powerful with interesting scents, tastes, kind of 90s old school, but scents are more impressive. Anyway, I'm convinced enough to try their sweet skunk.

• Like 4

Got one for ya Mister Dirt. This just dropped.

http://www.vancouver...tomic-Love&r=mn

So I'll add some more.

Dr Atomic - best NL in seed form

medman - breeds for potency and exceeds. Good guy.

Next Generation - Very pricey but legendary results, especially from their Rom and Rom crosses.

• Like 3

I'll take the smaller and lesser known breeders any time over the big guys, even it's a gamble. If you order from the latter and are a very small time grower like me, the chances of getting what is advertised are not good in my experience. Not necessarily a bad product, but not what you were hoping for. So if it's a gamble anyway, I'll go for something that I know is made with a passion. Usually the small-times provide much more and better information also.

Atomic Love definitely looks interesting.

Oh, in case no one mentioned Leprechaun, let me say Leprechaun. Lollypop is a classic C99 crossed with an indica (Romulan). Smells and tastes great, easy to grow, clear and powerful sativa dom buzz. I'm going to try their cross between Lollypop and Burmese this fall. They are also good for belting out IBLs sporadically, like a C99 IBL, a Romulan IBL and a Herijuana IBL (from Woodhorse stock, not Sannie's). None of these IBLs are available at the moment, though.

• Like 3

I have grown countless strains over the last 3 decades, some strains stand out in my memory... some do not!

These breeders have strains that stand out in today's crowded seed business.

Next Generation - Dynamite is kick ass strain... up there with Romulan in my book. They really don't have a bad strain in their catalog.

Ice River Genetics - Some unique and great genetics here.

Gooeybreeder Seeds - This breeders Kona Sunset is something else.

Snow High Seeds - Another good breeder, his strains are frequently 'sold out' when you can find them.

Irie Vibe Seeds - includes Motarebel Genetics, The Blazing Pistileros & Green Lantern Seed Co.

Chimera Seeds - This guy has some amazing strains.

Sinister Seeds - This guy doesn't clown around!

• Like 10

+1 on Peak Seeds BC at peakseedsbc.com . I have harvested Sweet Skunk and Skunkberry from them and they were both killer.

Sweet Skunk has a good, uplifting, but not jittery/electric high. It can handle large feedings. Smells nice in the jar, not skunky really.

Skunkberry is more balanced, middle of the road high. It often has some purple stuff going on from the Blueberry. It smells like blueberries/fruity and tastes that way also.

Both are potent. Both are true to their descriptions on the site, with a high degree of uniformity in offspring. You can tell this guy is really breeding vs. pollen chucking. The guy sells very few strains, and is not in a rush to market untested pot. I have sent cash through the mail to him about 5 times with no issues. He is helpful via email. Cannot say enough good about this breeder. He would totally fit in with the sanniesshop lineup.

Great thread, especially because hype often eclipses quality in the ganja seed biz. I will work on trying some of the above.

• Like 2

Calyx Bros

GreenBeanzSeeds

THCDevelopments

CabinFever

PacificNWRoots

SeedsofCompassion

Swami

DNS genetics

Sin City seeds

Bomb Seeds

World of Seeds

Mr Nice seeds

Frost brothers

Bonguru seeds

Peakseeds Sweet Skunk can bring some paranoia. Nice stability. They are awesome genetics. MJ does outstanding work and the prices are great.

Got one for ya Mister Dirt. This just dropped.

http://www.vancouver...tomic-Love&r=mn

So I'll add some more.

Dr Atomic - best NL in seed form

medman - breeds for potency and exceeds. Good guy.

Next Generation - Very pricey but legendary results, especially from their Rom and Rom crosses.

Peakseeds NL is excellent representation of an old line.

Peakseeds Sweet Skunk can bring some paranoia. Nice stability. They are awesome genetics. MJ does outstanding work and the prices are great.

Peakseeds NL is excellent representation of an old line.

SS is in my seed vault. Sounds to me like it will be in my grow room soon.

The peak seeds guy (Mike?) has been by here to read my last tortured grow thread. If you do a grow thread with his wares, he appreciates it.

I'm not sure what qualifies as a "small" breeder, so I'm just going to compose a list of my favorite breeders.

Karma Genetics. I have *yet* to grow a pack that didn't possess something of keeper quality. If you havent tried karma yet, get you a pack of head banger asap.

Eskobar. One of the reasons I joined this forum. Only grown a couple freebie packs and working on some lady cane now. So far I've been very impressed with his work.

Motarebel. Haven't seen him around since the seed depot went down.

Bodhi, very nice and consistent work.

Gage green genetics

Teichome Jungle

• Like 1

Erb: You'll find the same is true for the other breeders who sell through Sannie's shop. I haven't tried USC and NAW, but I'll take care of that, soon.

The only time I've been disappointed, it was because I was too smart to bother reading the strain description.

• Like 1