•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

The_Organic_Obsession

"Unkown" Breeders worth exploring?

edit: I run the straight goji as well. I've had that one going for quite a while now. Its a better all around strain imo than white goji.

But you know the potency issue you bring up between clone only strains and their hybrids is very interesting and really important to me too.. With my favorite breeders I can usually find something as strong as the original in one pack. But obviously not every pheno comes out like that.

Glad you said that weedmon just scored a pack of goji gonna run ASAP

• Like 1

It really does yield well. Works best for me with multiple tops and staked out. Its almost too fast in veg and stretches a lot. It likes a lot of root space, at least with soil.

Sound, thanks for the info, might try in vert scrog. Really looking for a mate for this white walker og, either goji or loompas yeti or abominable snowman looks likely

• Like 1

Sounds insane man.

Funny you mentioned sunshine daydream, dude. That's the bodhi strain that I've heard the most good things about. I don't know why I haven't grow it yet.

The SSDD is one of those ones that has been around long enough that it has been pretty well tested. Seems to be a good combination of taste, power, and high where it would be hard to go wrong. Its a polyhybrid which can rock when done right and all of her parents are rock stars.

Maybe I will pick up some Gogi too. Most things today are plenty strong, looking for those flavor queens with a great quality to the high.

Dude

• Like 1

Yes Goji will give you that super loud flavor. Same with Synergy (pinequeen x snow lotus). Chernobyl from subcool is like that for me too. Super strong lemon lime funk. Also I just got a pheno of Pineapple Fields thats like pineapple with hair spray.

@Weedmon

Yeah I would run a good clone of Chernobyl for sure. The high potency lime to the max pheno that people speak of sounds killer. This is the one strain of his that is tempting actually. I just don't see my money ever headed to sub for what could be a crap shoot on over priced seeds. A little too much hype in his game for me even if good stuff can be found.

And I hear ya on pheno selection. I only expect one standout female out of a pack and possibly a male depending on the strain. My expectation of a good breeder is that I CAN find a keeper and the rest of the plants are generally good smoke. Of course this doesn't always happen as its a numbers game and I understand that, but you get the idea.

I am now thinking about getting some Gogi in addition to SSDD. I think there is some potential there to find a F1 keeper, make F2s where some treasures lie according to Bodhi and let a male do some work as well. From that standpoint, its hard to argue.

Dude

• Like 2

I have some old stock Blue Hawaiian from JOTI about 4 weeks into flower right now. Every new leaf is just soaked in crystal-clear resin, it puts many other plants to shame. The other jaw-dropper is Sweet Tai, pistils on her are twice the length of any other plant, I have to admit I have never been disappointed with any of Sweet Seeds strains.

• Like 2

if no thread at least some pics of said "soaked leaves", quit bein such a tease gimme...

Hang five Seeds Bespoke which is La Confi x Afghani was a very cheap strain but made me wonder what came out...was almost better than the real la confi. Also Honey Haze from Simply Female Seeds and Black Domina x Bubblegum(had a strawberry pheno) was wicked. I mostly look beside the Big Name Breeders cause i know the Underground has defo Potential.

Chernobyl is sort of on my list too. Vortex and Jack the Ripper are probably worth hunting through, but I'm with you - priced too high. Probably won't be searching for anything in those, I'd take a good clone though.

You ever run Mr Nice gear? You can get some good deals on it on his auction site. I realize not exactly unknown, but just curious. I love his Black Widow.

I hope nobody minds but I thought I may chime in to contribute.

Fortunatley I am in contact with many private breeders therefore I do not need to seek the global breeders market.

The only exceptions are falling in love with Sannie and Eskobar's genetics that show very experienced selection and stability, another breeder I enjoyed growing was a lady by the name of Dutchgrown.

Im not sure if she is breeding again, but her strains have been lovely including Magenta99 (Pakistani Chitral Kush x Cinderella 99) & LUI-13 (Legends Ultimate Indica x G13BX) among my favourites.

Here is my little breeder M99 that kept me company in my garden.

gallery_54603_1380_60108.jpg

Another picture here of a Barney's farm LSD that has been inbred for Sativa dominance.

Fantastic oil and resin production.

gallery_54603_1380_35238.jpg

And of course for Sannie, a lovely and somewhat freaky Sannie's Jack F6.

It foxtails so bad the canopy resembles a rave party with everybodies hands in the air.

gallery_54603_1380_40586.jpg

Thank you.

Rose.

• Like 7

That PCK is sure involved in a lot of good crosses. I like it when breeders show what they've used. I don't think I'd ever buy any "secret" seeds.

@Weedmon

Yeah I would run a good clone of Chernobyl for sure. The high potency lime to the max pheno that people speak of sounds killer. This is the one strain of his that is tempting actually. I just don't see my money ever headed to sub for what could be a crap shoot on over priced seeds. A little too much hype in his game for me even if good stuff can be found.

And I hear ya on pheno selection. I only expect one standout female out of a pack and possibly a male depending on the strain. My expectation of a good breeder is that I CAN find a keeper and the rest of the plants are generally good smoke. Of course this doesn't always happen as its a numbers game and I understand that, but you get the idea.

I am now thinking about getting some Gogi in addition to SSDD. I think there is some potential there to find a F1 keeper, make F2s where some treasures lie according to Bodhi and let a male do some work as well. From that standpoint, its hard to argue.

Dude

Yes I like that lime chernobyl pheno the best too. I have a purple pheno thats pretty good but the lime one is more potent. I wouldn't buy seeds of his other strains either.

It does sound like bodhi is going ape shit with the goji breeding. I'm not surprised. It is such a special plant. I actually popped two more seeds the other day just to see what I would get. That berry pheno I disposed of was just as good as the OG pheno. I just didn't realize I was looking for it :D

did anyone say "goji", hehe ...

bodhi's GOJI OG

'french OG-cut'

day 49 of 12-12

gallery_3734_2425_49121.jpg

this is good stuff indeed B)

• Like 2

There was a great quote by motarebel over on another forum when someone was moaning to him that another breeder was selling an f2 of motarebels stock, moats chimed in with

"There's really nothing you can do,once you sell/give said seeds/clones then you no longer have control of it. I don't care who you are, the plant belongs to all so start spreading the love. I can only do my best and if someone else can make it better then i congradulate them. I'm not in competition with no one,i do my own thang and let the haters sqabble amongst them selves. I want to produce the strongest meds possible and the future looks bright., let the haters hate..."

The reason Motas my favorite US based breeder. Not much difference in sannie n eskos style. If I get seeds and I see ptential that motherfucker will be bred or cloned or both...Fuck the bullshit WE MADE IT shit...It can always be tinkered with...as long as im not monsato who gives a shit?

• Like 14

shit i dont know about yall but im waiting to grow some crazy clown shit! i might even tinker with yo shit Indi! lol

• Like 3

in september i'm gonna fly to marocco... i'm gonna meet some "unknown breeders" to collect some seeds from them to explore pure maroccan genetics. I'm sooo damn excited! :jump:

I hope i dont meet the guys arjan visited....i dont want GH genetics mixed in it lol

kepp it green guys! :dope:

• Like 3

I hope nobody minds but I thought I may chime in to contribute.

Fortunatley I am in contact with many private breeders therefore I do not need to seek the global breeders market.

The only exceptions are falling in love with Sannie and Eskobar's genetics that show very experienced selection and stability, another breeder I enjoyed growing was a lady by the name of Dutchgrown.

Im not sure if she is breeding again, but her strains have been lovely including Magenta99 (Pakistani Chitral Kush x Cinderella 99) & LUI-13 (Legends Ultimate Indica x G13BX) among my favourites.

Here is my little breeder M99 that kept me company in my garden.

gallery_54603_1380_60108.jpg

Another picture here of a Barney's farm LSD that has been inbred for Sativa dominance.

Fantastic oil and resin production.

gallery_54603_1380_35238.jpg

And of course for Sannie, a lovely and somewhat freaky Sannie's Jack F6.

It foxtails so bad the canopy resembles a rave party with everybodies hands in the air.

gallery_54603_1380_40586.jpg

Thank you.

Rose.

These all look awesome. Never heard anything of Dutchgrown before but tracked them down on Seed Boutique. All Dutchgrown seeds are half price currently so that Magenta99 could well be on the cards.

Griot Im tryin man. Someone asked about my family/chik assembly kine last week...shit...total chaos here. It WAS NOT A GOOD WEEK. Ill leave it at that but got the weekend off n cant start seeds right now so Ill concentrate on the oacks goin out. The psychosis x ghash are in em so each week longer it takes more breeds to be had. Olskoolog is rite with you griot. A few others too but you two Ive been owin a minute. This summers fuckin flown by. Geez...aug 14th? 2 weeks ill have a stash of indicas to make me smile awhile!!!

• Like 1