•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

The_Organic_Obsession

"Unkown" Breeders worth exploring?

true,

kez is legit and a cool cat ... he's been around for a while.

i know indi worked with Psychosis Bx2 beans made by kez ;)

(2nd bx to the clone only, bridged via ugorg 'Blues Bx2'-male)

best vibes to my bro in UK !

• Like 4

I agree with the hispanic guy above... :D

Kez is a nice guy and he works seriously, I have his Double Diesel Haze clone at home and I plan to test it soon... :)

I vote for Kez as well.

He helped me out once upon a time with some good info and advice on a few technical questions I had at the time.

Ace, Cannabiogen and Original Delicatessen.

You just can't seem to find real 100% sativas anywhere these days, but these three breeders specialize in working with them and they do it right. They each have some truly unique and amazing genetics and I always run at least one of their pure sativas in every grow.

If you are a grower and a sativa lover, you owe it to yourself to grow at least one full blooded sativa at some point in your life. I'm a medical cannabis patient, so I have access to a very large number of strains from the dispensaries and yet I have to this day never seen a single 100% sativa strain offered in this state. It's extremely odd considering that you would think a place offering cannabis for such a wide array of medical uses would try to cover the entire spectrum of effects. In the end I had to just give up on the dispensaries and grow my own.

I've left Esko and Sanny off of my list since they are well known around these parts. Both do very nice work with hybrids. My hats off to Esko for having the guts to work old school IBL strains. I will definitely be trying more of their gear.

• Like 1

Another one I spotted is Zen seeds they seem to offer hybrids with their Krome kush especcialyl looking at Pineapple kush (c99 pineapple pheno and krome kush) and Grapefruit kush (Grapefruit kush from next gen x Krome kush) Anyone have any experience with them?

Guest padeen

I have grown countless strains over the last 3 decades, some strains stand out in my memory... some do not!

These breeders have strains that stand out in today's crowded seed business.

Next Generation - Dynamite is kick ass strain... up there with Romulan in my book. They really don't have a bad strain in their catalog.

Ice River Genetics - Some unique and great genetics here.

Gooeybreeder Seeds - This breeders Kona Sunset is something else.

Snow High Seeds - Another good breeder, his strains are frequently 'sold out' when you can find them.

Irie Vibe Seeds - includes Motarebel Genetics, The Blazing Pistileros & Green Lantern Seed Co.

Chimera Seeds - This guy has some amazing strains.

Sinister Seeds - This guy doesn't clown around!

Hey. I know but you posted this a year ago, but maybe you could help. Do you know anything about Warlock by Ice River genetics? I was thinking about ordering a pack. Thanks.

• Like 1

Ace, Cannabiogen and Original Delicatessen.

You just can't seem to find real 100% sativas anywhere these days, but these three breeders specialize in working with them and they do it right. They each have some truly unique and amazing genetics and I always run at least one of their pure sativas in every grow.

If you are a grower and a sativa lover, you owe it to yourself to grow at least one full blooded sativa at some point in your life. I'm a medical cannabis patient, so I have access to a very large number of strains from the dispensaries and yet I have to this day never seen a single 100% sativa strain offered in this state. It's extremely odd considering that you would think a place offering cannabis for such a wide array of medical uses would try to cover the entire spectrum of effects. In the end I had to just give up on the dispensaries and grow my own.

I've left Esko and Sanny off of my list since they are well known around these parts. Both do very nice work with hybrids. My hats off to Esko for having the guts to work old school IBL strains. I will definitely be trying more of their gear.

A few weeks ago I was gettin skeptical about ACE as Im growing their panama n it took sooooo long to do shit compared to all my other strains. Now shes really blew up. Still awhile before harvest but a very nice sample plant. This plant will determine if their free sticker gets put onn my rolling table lol

• Like 3

UGORG: fantastic seed versions of UK Clone only strains; psycho sister (psychosis) Blues (Livers) No Name (Jon doh) all top notch.

Mosca Negra: only ran Old time Indiana bubble gum, which is outstanding and smoked Tsi Fly which is a beaut apricot skunky combo. I hear good things on many of their strains.

Holy Smoke: some very nice strains, used to have their strawberry Diesel and Goldfinger both top shelf. Have a clone of Nepali rukum which is super nice. Always doing something different with rare crosses.

I haven't read the whole thread so apologies for any duplication.

Your friends are the best unknown breeder. A buddy gave me some Deep Chunk x Pure Kush, Goii OG x Cherry Pie, Goji OG x Cherry Pie x The White and Bubba Kush x Triangle Kush among others.... I made some Grape Krush x The White and those have turned out pretty good too. Make seeds from good genes and it's not that hard. Whoever did the original breeding did all the hard work. ( Big props to the unknown breeders who made the white , bubba kush and Northern lights...)

Indican, I'm so bummed those jerks stole all the seeds I sent you. . What happened to those losers?

• Like 3

indeed, just mix your favorite smokes, select your winner and be a proud daddy, easy peasy.

making seeds is no rocket science at all, imo.

blessed be the ones that made the many strains we ALL are using today to chuck for some gold.

• Like 8

Do you know anything about Warlock by Ice River genetics?

No Sir, I do not. When you said "Warlock", I immediately thought of Magus Genetics double skunk/afghani called Warlock. IRG doesn't give a very informative description of their Warlock, but what it does say, leads me to think that it may be the same as Magus Genetics Warlock... or maybe a knock-off, and that doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be shitty.

Pretty much everything I've grown or seen grown from IRG has been outstanding, especially their Grapefruit Badass, Detroit Badass, Northern Lights and Moon Baby. IRG have put together a nice catalog of strains and more than half of them are nicely yielding strains.

I'd say give it a try, it's probably not going to suck coming from these guys... they're good with plants and they know what they're doing.

• Like 1

indeed some nice combos to be found at exotics ... but they somehow lost a bit of

their attractiveness to me when they acted all dickish about people using genetics

that weren't theirs to begin with (i mean the starfighter-debacle on the TSD-board).

but that has nothing to do with the seeds quality.

have some starfighter F2s, made by rvd (thank you, brother) and some of exotics F3.

... when the hype is over, i'll have a look.

• Like 1

A few weeks ago I was gettin skeptical about ACE as Im growing their panama n it took sooooo long to do shit compared to all my other strains. Now shes really blew up. Still awhile before harvest but a very nice sample plant. This plant will determine if their free sticker gets put onn my rolling table lol

Their panama is a nice strain but it will be quite long flowering. Most finish by around week 12, but their are phenos that can go a few weeks longer than that. It's a pure sativa so don't expect it to produce dense nugs. Instead you will tend to wind up with huge airy foxtail buds with good frost. It's important to let her go the full course because that's when a lot of the frost comes in. I rushed her a bit once when she was holding up the room and I paid for it. The largest cola I have ever grown came off of an Ace panama. It was a rats nest of foxtails but it was a good 3ft long and 10" in diameter at it's widest. It is the worst plant I have ever had when it comes to trimming and that's saying something since I grow IBL sativas most of the time.

One big girl took me close to 30 hours to trim and it was still scruffy looking. On top of having airy foxtail buds filled with little sugar leaves the resin has that super sticky crazy glue quality that welds the scissors shut every five minutes. Some phenos have much better bud structure than others. If I remember right it is the green leaning phenos that have more compact flowers. Very nice, strong smoke, old school South American all the way. I still have some bud shots of it somewhere. One of these days I should get around to figuring out how the photo album works on this forum.

Since I know you like to do breeding work I should add that Ace Panama crosses awesomely with the more mainstream hybrids. The best cut in my room for a couple of years now has been a Panama x Sin Diesel pollen chuck I made using this awesomely vigorous and well structured Panama male. It even tops my Sannies Jack, Holy Princess etc. to give you an idea just how much I like that plant. I highly recommend crossing her with something that has really nice frost and dense bud structure if you get a nice keeper.

Like a lot of sativas, Panama unfortunately needs a long cure to really shine. If I remember correctly I liked mine best at about 2 months or so with a one month cure being pretty much the shortest I could get away with. It's one of the things I hate about sativas. First they make me wait forever for the flowering then they make me wait forever for the curing to finish. Best of luck with your garden. I hope your panama girl treats you right.

Edit: When I went back and read through my post I notice it came off like I was dogging this strain, but I just want to be clear that I think highly of it and I ran her for a good while until I found my Panama x Sin Diesel keeper which had that same awesome heady high but it was much less unruly.

• Like 3

I know who I am getting a hold of if I need ACE panama info. Thank you, my next joint, which will be badly rolled but is great for me, is in your honor.

I've run two stains with starfighter in their blood and they were both excellent stains (space jam and shadow star, pics in my gallery). I highly recommend soaking those starfighter f2s

• Like 1

I appreciate the info, but this plant is gettin really plump buds. Its not hard to control as far as height. Its one solid plant really. I took pics of it last night, but the hps drowned the appearance so no reason,to show it. The smell is very unique. Ive really not fone anything but let er grow. Its a very easy sativa to grow imo. And i hate sativas lol..pure ones n me, I dont have patience lol. Im def liking this plant tho. And 15 seeds per pack was a steal. Ur pretty dead on about flower time tho. Its maybe 7-8 weeks n pistils just slightly turnin colors. All I have to do now is wait n water lol...good info from ya tho man

Their panama is a nice strain but it will be quite long flowering. Most finish by around week 12, but their are phenos that can go a few weeks longer than that. It's a pure sativa so don't expect it to produce dense nugs. Instead you will tend to wind up with huge airy foxtail buds with good frost. It's important to let her go the full course because that's when a lot of the frost comes in. I rushed her a bit once when she was holding up the room and I paid for it. The largest cola I have ever grown came off of an Ace panama. It was a rats nest of foxtails but it was a good 3ft long and 10" in diameter at it's widest. It is the worst plant I have ever had when it comes to trimming and that's saying something since I grow IBL sativas most of the time.

One big girl took me close to 30 hours to trim and it was still scruffy looking. On top of having airy foxtail buds filled with little sugar leaves the resin has that super sticky crazy glue quality that welds the scissors shut every five minutes. Some phenos have much better bud structure than others. If I remember right it is the green leaning phenos that have more compact flowers. Very nice, strong smoke, old school South American all the way. I still have some bud shots of it somewhere. One of these days I should get around to figuring out how the photo album works on this forum.

Since I know you like to do breeding work I should add that Ace Panama crosses awesomely with the more mainstream hybrids. The best cut in my room for a couple of years now has been a Panama x Sin Diesel pollen chuck I made using this awesomely vigorous and well structured Panama male. It even tops my Sannies Jack, Holy Princess etc. to give you an idea just how much I like that plant. I highly recommend crossing her with something that has really nice frost and dense bud structure if you get a nice keeper.

Like a lot of sativas, Panama unfortunately needs a long cure to really shine. If I remember correctly I liked mine best at about 2 months or so with a one month cure being pretty much the shortest I could get away with. It's one of the things I hate about sativas. First they make me wait forever for the flowering then they make me wait forever for the curing to finish. Best of luck with your garden. I hope your panama girl treats you right.

Edit: When I went back and read through my post I notice it came off like I was dogging this strain, but I just want to be clear that I think highly of it and I ran her for a good while until I found my Panama x Sin Diesel keeper which had that same awesome heady high but it was much less unruly.

How da hell my response was added into,ur quote, no clue lol...anyway.....

• Like 1

I just read this thread and appreciate the effort people put in, so here goes with mine

KGBeans - 9-10 out of ten, Nice guy, good strains, Helpful and friendly

Matt Riot-- now this is a mixed bag of experiences, i have had experiences ranging from 2 out of 10 to 9 out of 10, the bad includes immature seeds being sold, poor germination on his fire headband - i got 1 to germinate out of the pack and it was a mutant. Then again i had 100% germination on the BBR and it was great, peeps love it. _ Did i forget to say he is expensive, i usually buy when he has sales on, i have had some decent genetics which means i buy there occasionally, Do your own research on Matt and his strains and decide if you want to take a risk. For me the result was worth it.

Classic Seeds , 9-10 out of 10. great strains, helpful in the TSD days, not sure were he is nowadays.

PeakSeedsBC - 9-10 ot of 10, grown the Texada Northern Lights ( gifted from a friend ) - this is very popular around here. Also have purchased the Northern Skunk, that is also popular and easy to grow. Good customer service.

Beanhorder - 9 out of 10, he has some good crosses out now and is cheap. Doing a massive pheno hunt now, I started with 160 seeds and 160 germinated, which i was very impressed with. Some of these are super vigorous, hardy nice looking plants. i am going to reduce this to 10 or so keepers.

Rcmcollective

has multiple Canadian breeders on there, friends have grown there stuff with great success, i have 8 packs of stuff from there in storage on the otherside of the country ( dammmmm ). i have had good experiences with this site. Got some nice freebies too.

I mainly find myself buying from Sannies shop nowadays, Good breeders with good strain selections, great prices and good freebies, and helpful service. 10 out of 10

Sugarpunch, Silverfields, Ladycane, Anesthesia, Cheestral ( need to get that again when it drops- lost it ) to name just a few.

• Like 4

Classic Seeds , 9-10 out of 10. great strains, helpful in the TSD days, not sure were he is nowadays.

@Budbuild Last I heard of him was a couple months ago, he said he had a stroke. He did not say how bad the stoke was though. Have not heard from him since.

• Like 3

Here are some little known favorites not in any particular order: Deep Creek Gardens, Bald Monkey, Jinxproof, Heroes of the Farm and Santero's elite F1s.

• Like 2