•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Mr. Bonzai

Selene, Madshack, Grapefruit Growing!

Bonjour mesdames et messieurs

Hello opengrowers :)

So this is my first grow on this forum,

I appreciate being here with you and sharing the joy of seeing wonderful plants grow into even nicer Buds!

Here with me is a long flowering Selene Pheno, a big-headbud Madshack Pheno and a crazy tasting and beautiful smelling fast flowering Grapefruit Sativa

They all grow in 10Liters of coconut fibers and get Canna-Coco as food and clear Swiss mountain water to drink ;)

Enjoy :)

• Like 1

Those are the ladies in their 22. day of flowering:

IMG 2484

PH 5,7 EC 1,2

The differences will become very obvious soon, at the moment they look quite similar dough:

Madshack is front-middle

Selene are the 3 plants behind Madshack taking over the centrum and branching outwards

Grapefruit is best visible in the back-right corner and on the right wall

Thats for starters, i first have to get used to the forum :)

Is that the best way to upload pictures? Or can you see it better like this?

Day 22 of flowering:

gallery_10434_4582_24830.jpg

• Like 2

Hi there,

They look great, where's the tasty grapefruit sativa from?

Thanks for sharing your grow (btw I like the second attempt at posting the pic :P ).

Hey Bro ;)

Ok the second way of posting pictures it will be. Nice Tutorial on how to post pics, really user friendly here on opengrow i must say!

The Grapefruit is a special phenotype of "Grapefruit" from female seeds. Its a cross between C99 and another strain with a good fruity taste.

There are at least 5 phenos, so i made a selection from 10 females and this one really stands out! So i cloned it and am running it again now :)

It flowers around 80 days long, forms buds the fastest of all, has the densenst buds of all and the odour ist just amazing! Very sweet, yet with a sour touch, almost like candy. While thinking about it i can almost smell it!

You live on the southernmost tip of Africa?

Really liked Cape Town, the last time i was there!

Nice work so far, those are some decent sized plant, I hope you have a fantastic grow.

Your plants are looking really healthy. Good job working the full sized pics in.

Looking forward to seeing some nice flowering action. I think it's a given that the pot will be good. Nice strains. :)

Hey, thank you all for the warm welcome :)

That makes writing a growjournal even more fun!

So i made some pictures today and here they are at Day 29. of flowering and already a lot more buds are developing!

gallery_10434_4582_95528.jpg

The Selenes fill out the center and on the very right side a Grapefruit tries to hide behind the cable but i caught her :)

• Like 2

Thanks for the info, she sounds tantalizing.

You live on the southernmost tip of Africa?

Really liked Cape Town, the last time i was there!

Yup, it's a beautiful place. I'm feel privileged to be able to escape to the mountain and instantly be surrounded by nature living here.

I am keen to see the Swiss mountains some day.

What are you feeding the gals?

• Like 1

Well thanks, good to hear that you like the ladies :)

They all get Canna Coco, which works nicely with the coconut fibre slabs.

They get watered twice daily with spaghetti drippers until i get drain :)

The water is EC 0,3 some people measure in ppm (parts per million) i measure in EC (electric conductivity)

I started the clones with EC 0,8 gradually went up to EC 1,3 and will slowly decline again towards EC 1,0 which is what they will get tomorrow and then we see from there until they are ripe :)

Here they are! Day 39 of flowering

Excel helped me calculate the exact day of flowering they are in, thank you Excel.

Our newcomer is on the very left, she is a fluffy Grapefruit pheno which sneaked into the Grow tent in the night...

The plant on the very right is Madshack, she finally also wanted to be in a picture :)

gallery_10434_4582_92083.jpg

• Like 6

Madshack turned really dark green now and the top leaves started to uhm kringel? Or twist maby?

So the new EC is now 0,9 to be on the save side. PH goes up to 6,0

Now i watch how this changes the tips of the leaves in general and the color of Madshack.

Is it normal to have such a low EC or how much do you guys and gals feed in the last third of the flowering phase?

Keep growing and have a nice day opengrowers :)

Mr. Bonzai

Back from hiking :wave:

lets have a look at the girrrrrrls yeah!

PH 6,0 and EC 0,9 in day 49 the beginning of week 8!

Curly Madshack and her Selene Harem:

gallery_10434_4582_8678.jpg

the one left from the rope is a fluffy type Grapefruit Phenotype that slipped in somehow. Very easy to find out, just touch and it smells like tropical Bubblegum!

Aaaaand my favourite Girl Grapefruit (Breeder: female seeds)

gallery_10434_4582_20620.jpg

• Like 8

While raising the PH it went too high overnight and the plants immediatly reacted by getting brown spots on some leaves. Now stabilised on 6,0 they are happy!

The colours of the leaves look really great, some lightened up a bit, some didnt. Therefore i will continue with EC 0,9 as the plants say that its just right for them :)

The most important and most common nutrient is water. If their water is full of fertiliser they can´t drink it anymore, so its better to stay with the lighter shades of green ;)

Can i continue to turn off the "ventilation for fresh air" after midnight and only run a fan overnight, like i do now?

Do you have any tips to prevent mold?

Mr. Bonzai

Grapefruit is doing fine, getting brown hairs, tightening her buds:

gallery_10434_4582_10593.jpg

Its day 54 and they went clone to 12/12 but add a little coco, water and nutrients and magic can happen :)

gallery_10434_4582_44024.jpg

Since i give EC 0,9 the colours of the leaves just scream! happyness its really wonderful to watch as a parent :)

Today i started to use more fans as i interpret the "folding" or twisting of the edges of the leaves,

as them feeling too hot. So one is blowing trough the Reflector to carry the hot air away.

• Like 6

Heyho :)

The EC of 0,9 has influenced the plants now. Generally a lighter green and i found 2 yellow leaves. It is autumn!

They are getting heavy and needed to be supported. Especially the back row, which was most difficult to get to! Quite a jungle!

gallery_10434_4582_88694.jpg

• Like 2

As soon as the Tank is half emtpy it gets more difficult to hold the PH steady at 6,0 it goes higher regularly and causes yellow leaves. Is there a trick to stabilise it?

They are in day 60 of flowering

This is fluffy grapefruit which wants to flower more than 100 days it seems!

gallery_10434_4582_32302.jpg

• Like 2

Hay bonzi looking good! 100 days to flower out would test my self control....ha ha

I get that "night before Santa comes" excitement going I might make 80 if I was lucky.

As growers the herb teaches us patience allways! (:

My two cents would be to increase res size, double what you have if at all possible. I ran a DWC system in individual buckets that was very high maintenance because of small Rez of water (2 1/2 gl each bucket).

I want to get back to playing in the water. Thanks for the thread, it keeps my hydro jones in check for now. (;

Stay sticky brother.

• Like 1

Hey Sticky !

Ah thanks! I will follow your advice and keep the reservoir full and find a tank with a bigger volume that fits.

Yeah every system has its tricks to keep it running smoothly :)

I started in soil and then switched to coco. Whats nice about soil is you can just tell your roommate to water!

Or try drip irrigation and put the pump into your inflatable indoor swimming pool and see if you manage to come back in time haha the good times :)

Oooookay, they are getting shiny, glittery and sticky!

Some got another 40 days to go, others like Madshack are getting some brown trichs!

Day 61 of flowering , PH 6,0 , EC 0,9

gallery_10434_4582_145656.jpg

gallery_10434_4582_712753.jpg

gallery_10434_4582_5813.jpg

• Like 3

Looking great up in here Bonzai, keep em green and thanks for sharin!

• Like 1