•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

jimmythesaintuk

Hi All, newbie on his first....be gentle...

Hi All, New starter...

Below is basics of what I have got...

DS120 II Tent Maxibright 600w Ballast 4 pot Wilma and and and.....

kit arrived, massive! imo, so a few hours later and most boxes open, tent is up, now fook me, where do I start....

sent me a CAN-FAN without any power cable, so butchered an old flat screen TV, that do? cid:18A4CF79-890D-4EC2-A8FA-32C6CBD124C3@Home

The Rhino Pro Filter 150/300 looks mahoosive too - need to find some decent set up pics so any pointers of anyone you know who has set up a DS120 II or that beast of a filter so I can get some ideas, bit anal with my work so want a clinical environment cid:BDF693FF-01AA-4C39-9801-EC29F1BDB513@Home

Also I need to extract externally so my own bit of DIY to do for that but would like to see some ideas on how to fix the ducting outside and inside of tent. Worried about bug intake around the intake and light as the exhaust site should be covered by the Rhino filter.

Haven't even looked at the Wilma system yet...

Feel like a kid in on first day of school but one who cannot even count!!

Please be gentle and appreciate any constructive help, thank smuchly..

Sweaty!

• Like 1

Hi All, newbie on his first....be gentle...

Dude... welcome!

I just want to say that everybody who is NOT gentle to a newbie here will get shafted quite quickly! :) We are here to help, not to have a contest about "who has the biggest wiener/tits". The few bullies that end up here get focked op quite fast . :)

If you have any questions, just post/ask them and you will get answers. :) Just remember:

-Pics may help alot for some questions

-Be sure if you post pics to keep em clean of personal informations for your general safety

-Post questions in the right sections of the forum to get help extra fast

-Just be a bit gentle about answers, some may take a while (extra true for PMs)

-Dont hesitate to ask the most basic questions!!! THERE ARE NO STUPID QUESTIONS HERE!

-Dont hesitate to ask the breeders/growers directly here. This is what its all ´bout!

-No (controversial) political(/religious) disussions outside the Canna world :) General non-Canna topics as much as you like down at the general discussions/grapevine sections!

I dont want to adverstise OpenGrow but I have to say that I stopped going to other forums in favour for this one. Its more like a "band of brothers" here than everywhere else. Quite an unique bunch here!

Cheers mate for comming here ^^

Grobi

PS:

If you feel like you dont get enough anwers for your posted/mentioned questions about your future grow room, dont hesitate to ask the question (as clearly as you can and with as much pics as you can safely provide) in this section of the forum:

https://www.opengrow...ow-room-design/

This one deals only with the technical questions and layout problem of the very grow/vegi/mother rooms.

I wish you much fun here and loads of new friends in the future :)

PSPS: Be sure to get up to date about how you post pics here. I have to confess I dont know the currently best tutorial here, but Iam sure you will find answers here:

https://www.opengrow...w-for-starters/

Postingt pics on Opengrow may seem a bit compilcated at first but you have to know that the forum will strip any of your pics off the EXIF data that could be used to trace you back via the pics. :)

(Sorry for all typos, half of my markings on the keyboard are worn out :D )

• Like 5

Hello jimmy!

Welcome and happy growing friend... (:

Grobi hooked it up with the knowledge........great post bud. Learning new things about OG every day.

Piece

• Like 1

welcome aboard!

what medium will you be using in your wilma system? Is it the new 2014 model you got?

I am also running 4 plants in a wilma system right now. they are terribly constantly plagued with thrips through. can't wiat to rid my tent of this coco, i am sure the day i brought that bag i brought the thrips. Every time i empty my reservoir the amount of dead/alive thrips and eggs floating around in the bottom is crazy.

Anyway enough about my problems.

Enjoy your grow!

welcome aboard!

what medium will you be using in your wilma system? Is it the new 2014 model you got?

I am also running 4 plants in a wilma system right now. they are terribly constantly plagued with thrips through. can't wiat to rid my tent of this coco, i am sure the day i brought that bag i brought the thrips. Every time i empty my reservoir the amount of dead/alive thrips and eggs floating around in the bottom is crazy.

Anyway enough about my problems.

Enjoy your grow!

Sorry to hear that EcB.

Ouch @ EcB, sorry to hear that also man, I bought a kit and it came with clay pebbles so I am going with that as I have over 100l to use :rolleyes2:

@bluebach thanks for the welcome bud, just trying to work out the pic thing, but only just 20% set up as still to decide where to make holes for extraction and intake, finding out I have to get a secondary fan possibly, bug cards/screens/tights, stealthy covers for the holes, blackout stuff for my groom location, water storage/buckets, pipettes/syringes for the nutes/feeding etc, some initial rock wool to start my beans off as well as small pots and or a propagator, an oil filled rad in prep for winter, yadda yadda yadda :blush:

So its gonna be a journey for sure.... B)

@EcB I believe the brand is Hesi, Hesi Hydro Starter Kit includes:-, 1 litre Hydro Grow, 1 litre Hydro Bloom Complex, 500ml PK13/14, 500ml Roots Complex, 10ml SuperVit & 500ml Powerzyme

​My set up so far....those straps don't feel like they man enough to hold that filter, might have to add something else as well...

Out of the box

Ouch @ EcB, sorry to hear that also man, I bought a kit and it came with clay pebbles so I am going with that as I have over 100l to use :rolleyes2:

@bluebach thanks for the welcome bud, just trying to work out the pic thing, but only just 20% set up as still to decide where to make holes for extraction and intake, finding out I have to get a secondary fan possibly, bug cards/screens/tights, stealthy covers for the holes, blackout stuff for my groom location, water storage/buckets, pipettes/syringes for the nutes/feeding etc, some initial rock wool to start my beans off as well as small pots and or a propagator, an oil filled rad in prep for winter, yadda yadda yadda :blush:

So its gonna be a journey for sure.... B)

No worries good fella!

I don't think you could find a better place on the net. Look at me. What an idiot. But they let it go..

It's all about the journey man. That is what is so great about this place..

Welcome.

You sound like you got it going on!

I don't think you could find a better place on the net. Look at me. What an idiot. But they let it go..

You sound like you got it going on!

Why you n idiot bud?

Just lost my career so I have no choice right now, life choices!

So I have a minimal amount of space for extraction, meaning it's approx less than a meter from fan to vent, I am worried if I have to lights on at any point it's dark outside I may create a little light house effect , what's the best way to minimise this? Or am I worried for nothing, I just think the duct is silver and would act like a fibre and shine bright across the town? Thanks

Why you n idiot bud?

Just lost my career so I have no choice right now, life choices!

Sorry to hear that too.

There are idiots and there are idiots in this life.

One kind, no one can help.

The other kind just keep grappling round in the dark, tossed by the storms of good fortune and bad luck.

I don't take it all too literally, so I hope you don't too. Just words. Though words have power.

Anyway, I hope you're doing well and getting things sorted out.

So I have a minimal amount of space for extraction, meaning it's approx less than a meter from fan to vent, I am worried if I have to lights on at any point it's dark outside I may create a little light house effect , what's the best way to minimise this? Or am I worried for nothing, I just think the duct is silver and would act like a fibre and shine bright across the town? Thanks

You want to google 'Light Traps'. I even have one in my little microbox, coz you would be surprised how much light 95w of CFL kicks out in the dark of night! Plus it attracts bugs and shit. It's not difficult, but just learn the concept. Trap that light!

A few right angles and you'll be good to go.

Wow! So been offline for a few days due to internet issues so I have been trying to get tucked into this set up as best I can and here is where I am so far...

Extraction vents done and dusted, fitted stockings over them to act as a bug blocker, will this work?

Next was to fit the duct from inside to fan then to one of those above. Had to dig deep for the patience as wasn't as simple as I would have liked. I also added some white velcro straps to the Rhino filter as the ones supplied with tent were slipping and just not fit for purpose on their own.

So here is how the internals look thus far...

So next I wanted to tackle was the set up of this Wilma 4 pot system, sheesh, next 2 pics show the tray and then a close up of the tips, which ones are which?? Also if you look the centre piece is too long for the pre made holes!!! Or am I missing something? Also I now need to study how to use the tap on this pipe 'if' I manage to get it to fit. It also looks as though I have only been sent 18L pots that look like monsters, my missus nearly dies when she seen em...

I have added some ambient temp readings using the temp/humidity unit, if interested, this is with no intake fan, just one of the unused vents open, do i need to add a tuber piece of duct to this and bug screen it also, unsure if I need to extract from outside yet or not sad.png

All that said I have just spent a fun time trying to wash out 90L of supplied HydroCorn pebbles, what feckin mess, stealth?? they make a racket in a builders gorilla bucket and a plastic tub, I guess I washing them a little early, but too late, covered them in black bags but will re rinse closer to the time of needing them I guess. Just trying to work out how I can make the water they are soaking in pH 5.5 - 6.5 as the reading I believe if I am to believe the pen wink1.gif is about 7.2.....then to get 50L at least of same pH water to the res in time for when and if my seeds pop.....which I am hoping to do once I get my head around the light/ballast/maxi bright 2 way switch {with no switches visible} set up, am I going to have to have any plugs inside my tent at all?? Sorry for such a looong update..