•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
GreenGuts

Sugar Punch - Foxtails

Not sure where to post this... but anyway.

I have a question about foxtailing. I have a Sugar Punch, day 68 and she's been foxtailing like crazy the past couple of weeks. I know it's a genetic thing for haze's, right?

So I'm ready to harvest this girl but I'm having second guesses because these foxtails are shooting out new white pistils everywhere. Making me think twice about harvesting.

She's foxtailed so hard it's like little fingers everywhere on all the buds

Anyone have any similar experience?

Hey GG, I had the same pheno. Took her at 77 days. I just let her quit spitting out pistils, let her swell up for a week and chopped her.

She is the SSH leaning pheno. I hope my next one is like the Shack, more indica like.

Tiger

Yea, she's really stretchy, and top heavy? I had to tie up the colas because they were falling over. I was totally unprepared for the stretch and I did the best i could to manage it.

this cola here, streched into the light

P9oNlt9.gif

lJUTkau.gif

9cdWPzz.gif

SudzGv9.gif

FmdgvEd.gif

• Like 10

Fucking beautiful my impatient ass will chop now

But the grower would say leave her anouther 1-2 weeks won't do any harm

Prolly more good actually if you don't have to chop let it go

Such a bad ass plant!!

I have a purple and a big green monster about to chop, and had a fast finisher I chopped at 65 days in the jar now. My first SP run.

The stretch was surely a surprise,but I handled that and was able to keep them at around 3' under a 600w.

My fast finisher did the same as your's she was totally cloudy @63 days but kicked out some new white pistils all over...yep I shagged her at 65!!! couldn't wait, but she was the smallest too so its all good.

Looks great man!!

When SP starts to show amber she finishes quick, from the few that I ran. I would wait a bit more on yours. Yours look great, they will be tasty for sure.

Thank you guys so much for the kind words and advice.

This was my first run of Sannies gear and I'd never seen foxtailing before so I wasn't sure if it was a good thing or a bad thing and it was really confusing me on when to harvest. I did a lot of new things this run so I thought I could have very well screwed up something. Learned a few new things this run but most importantly I'm getting familiar with Sannies genetics.

that is one beautiful "stretched" cola. I will take em like that every day of the year. I am sure she is down after the pic. she sure looks ready to me.

That is gorgeous buddy

I am very happy you posted this picture because it shows me what i am hopefully about to see with my super silver haze pheno of sugar punch

This flower has been wowing me with her unique attributes and way of growing, she flowers for like 16 weeks he he

i can't wait to make hash/oil/edibles with mine; Stinky pink bubblegum smell galore :icecream:

Hey, very nice looking buds

but how are your temperatures? i noticed my plants foxtail more when they are grown in higher temps,

and the look of the foxtailing depends on when in the plants life the high temps hit them

btw.the SP can be a beast when it comes to strech, some phenos more some less

Nice work that's a fine example!

Nothing for looking the trichs closer ? It looks like you are in the beginning of maturing process, you can surely chop now but patience will reward you also certainly... nice ! :)