•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

WeedBaybe

Making tincture in four hours using the Magical Butter 2 machine

Hello, last month I completed my first grow. It didn't turn out quite like I wanted but ended up better than I could have thought of. My plant seeded - a lot. I used the left over flower to make a Vegetable Glycerine Tincture with a machine called Magical Butter 2 (MB2). I love this thing. It made tincture with very LITTLE smell in four hours. Clean up was a snap and the tincture came out great!

I used four 8 oz. bottles of VG, 8 grams of medicine (two grams per 8 oz because I knew my THC content), four teaspoons of lecithin, one large brown jar and four one ounce bottles with droppers. MB2 comes with an incredible recipe book with easy to follow instructions. I've been in friends homes that smelled for days after making tincture. That didn't happen to me. The smell was very very minimal.

gallery_10554_4677_132050.jpg

Here's the prep:

gallery_10554_4677_67664.jpg

Here's the final stage before cooking:

gallery_10554_4677_67664.jpg

Four hours later here's the finished product:

gallery_10554_4677_30205.jpg

And here's my finished work:

gallery_10554_4677_81854.jpg

It really was as easy as I reported. The rest of the pictures are in my albums. I didn't want to take up too much space here. I highly recommend this machine to everyone. If you purchase one, tell them WeedBaybe sent you. LOL seriously, they have no clue who I am - it sounded like the fun thing to say :)

• Like 6

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. How is the effect of your tincture? I wonder if this could be done in a crockpot. Did you use buds? How did your grow not work out? Just trying to get an idea of how I could do this. I'm way into green dragon tincture, but it would be nice to not have alcohol. I've heard alcohol absorbs the thc better, thus making it a better medium than alcohol. I've never gotten around to the glycerin thing.

• Like 1

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. How is the effect of your tincture? I wonder if this could be done in a crockpot. Did you use buds? How did your grow not work out? Just trying to get an idea of how I could do this. I'm way into green dragon tincture, but it would be nice to not have alcohol. I've heard alcohol absorbs the thc better, thus making it a better medium than alcohol. I've never gotten around to the glycerin thing.

The tincture is very nice. Due to the type of grow I produced, buds were the only thing available for me. My first grow seeded. I can't tell you why or how because it was my first grow.....instead of getting a plant filled with Trainwreck flowers, I got 629+ Trainwreck seeds. I guess you could say it turned out to be a good thing ;) I've already germinated one of the seeds and have started a new grow.

I haven't tried alcohol tincture yet. Working with alcohol and fire can be sketchy. Initially I wasn't even considering trying alcohol but my MB2 says you can use the machine for making an alcohol tincture as well so I'm giving it some thought. Vegetable Glycerine is excellent for those with diabetes and after flavoring it the taste is quite pleasant. I've purchased tinctures in the past and like mine better.

Oh - yes it can be done in a crock pot.

• Like 1

The path of growing is full of adversity, you just gotta keep at it. I've thought of doing it outdoors to reduce the risk of fire/explosion. I have a vent fan in the kitchen that gets it out real fast, and there's no actual flame, but it's a little meth lab-ish I admit.

• Like 1

I love the MB.

gallery_40416_16803_146572.jpg

Here some stuff i made with it (Dutch wietforum)

I love your pics especially the art renderings they're really really cool. I see you've successfully used MB for alcohol tinctures, that's great. Now I don't feel so apprehensive about making some for myself. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

After reading that cat's opinion, consider this cat's interest piqued. :)

@VaporizingCat - are you using this on the regular with the photos you drop in on this place? I make all my stuff manually, old school, call it what you will, but I am very curious how much of what I am seeing from your posts is pouring out of your butter maker and into the OG forums.

Aside from tinctures, butter and oils (like thats not enough), can you make BHO with this? Would you shoot straight to the bucket or are you running BHO like normal and just infusing the finished product into the tincture, sauces, etc?

And whats the funny glove all about?

<<<<<<<This inquiring mind wants to know.

• Like 1

@Weedbaybe - Just 1 of the 629? I would do a few, it could be a male.

• Like 2

I still use both style old school with the hand and wiht the MB.

When i`am very busy i always use the MB.

Will look into some stuff to drop on OG but right now i way to sick.

I am in a very deep depression and did get even kick harder in it.

My mother have tumors in here head (In the hospital right now) so i not really feel that good to translate with my very poor English.

But if you see something feel free to ask.

BHO i never did try ...

• Like 2

I still use both style old school with the hand and wiht the MB.

When i`am very busy i always use the MB.

Will look into some stuff to drop on OG but right now i way to sick.

I am in a very deep depression and did get even kick harder in it.

My mother have tumors in here head (In the hospital right now) so i not really feel that good to translate with my very poor English.

But if you see something feel free to ask.

BHO i never did try ...

So sorry to hear about your mum. Prayers up!

@Weedbaybe - Just 1 of the 629? I would do a few, it could be a male.

Great minds think alike :) I thought about that just yesterday and put a couple of seeds between a moist paper towel last night.

• Like 2

wow. so sorry to hear of the troubles, sending some positive and healing vibes your way. Keep your head up and be a pillar of strength for your mother, it is a hard time for you, but she can feed off your strength :showoff: and suffer from your concerns :no . I had similar struggles with my father and his heart several years ago, its not easy and I feel for you. Be strong VCat and thanks for chiming in on the thrread.

One day you should try bho, it is diff than iso and h20, very enjoyable.

@Weedb.. - :verrygood

• Like 1

Thanks you all for the nice words.

Good vibe will be sent to here.

The bad part is i was 3 month ago when there found it.

I already lost my mother in law this year and 2 uncles en one cousin its are heavy year.

----------------------

Yeah BHO is awesome i mean i did not try some with the MB will work.

Will collecting some this weekend maybe a good think to get the mind of the trouble`s.

--------------------

What i really like to make with the MB is making oil to use for dressing soem oil with canna and some fresh tasting herb.

gallery_40416_16803_420751.jpg

gallery_40416_16803_498610.jpg

gallery_40416_16803_32455.jpg

But then i am a real nature / herb sucker.

gallery_40416_16803_128832.jpg

Vapo.

• Like 2

Thanks you all for the nice words.

Good vibe will be sent to here.

The bad part is i was 3 month ago when there found it.

I already lost my mother in law this year and 2 uncles en one cousin its are heavy year.

----------------------

Yeah BHO is awesome i mean i did not try some with the MB will work.

Will collecting some this weekend maybe a good think to get the mind of the trouble`s.

--------------------

What i really like to make with the MB is making oil to use for dressing soem oil with canna and some fresh tasting herb.

gallery_40416_16803_420751.jpg

gallery_40416_16803_498610.jpg

gallery_40416_16803_32455.jpg

But then i am a real nature / herb sucker.

gallery_40416_16803_128832.jpg

Vapo.

Hey VCat, do you decarb before using your MB?

And whats the funny glove all about?

<<<<<<<This inquiring mind wants to know.

It's just cool......;)

• Like 1

Hey VCat, do you decarb before using your MB?

I did have try one time to decarb it was with BHO.

I did not like it any more the euphoria was change to and way more down and body feeling.

But i normally never decarb it maybe some times it happend with cooking.

But then maybe time to try it with eating don`t if the feeling change then.

:wave:

to all you magical butter machine owners...... Can i just change the plug from a US 110v for an EU 220v? they have no EU in stock. surely no internals are different and its just the supplied cable right?

to all you magical butter machine owners...... Can i just change the plug from a US 110v for an EU 220v? they have no EU in stock. surely no internals are different and its just the supplied cable right?

DON'T do it!!! unless it says or shows that the input can vary from 110 to 220. otherwise it will burn up and not function at best or start a fire or blow up on you at worst.

So sorry to hear about your mom VC, i pray for her now.

• Like 1

i am waiting on a response. hopefully find out when EU stock arrives.

DON'T do it!!! unless it says or shows that the input can vary from 110 to 220. otherwise it will burn up and not function at best or start a fire or blow up on you at worst.sory to hear about your mom VC, i pray for her now.

that is basically what i wanted to know. like my tv is 220 only but my computer PSU are 110 - 220.