•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

green path

What I Do ( Green Path Seeds )

like i said:

the asking for money-part is the problem.

btw, making F2s & crosses is pretty much the standard-

situation for almost any serious grower out there today.

• Like 7

like i said:

the asking for money-part is the problem.

btw, making F2s & crosses is pretty much the standard-

situation for almost any serious grower out there today.

Like.

• Like 1

i love how the thread starts out "so i was sitting in my dads basement one day"

i dont think theres anything wrong sitting around, being supported by your parents, and playing with marijuana seeds. theres nothing wrong with selling whatever comes out as cheap as you want.

you probably shouldnt go on the internet and tell the world that youre trying to copy a revered persons work and then undercut his business...those of us in the community who dont still live in our dads basements can remember dj shorts work from before you were born and his drive to search for diverse and unique genetics that would enhace humanity...and as far as i understand it, Daniel has always seen only a modest middle class income from doing so.

you sir are not a breeder, you are a pirate. youre not even the kind of pirate that burns dvds and repackages them...youre the guy who does that shaky movie theatre recording, slaps a photocopied movie poster on it and sells it for a dollar.

dont get me wrong, i like pirates......unless they are stealing from one of my heros.

so have some respect and call your shit something different.

To be honest though, nearly all breeders are selling their own version of another breeders work for better prices. I don't find your comment a fair statement at all. We have sannie's jack, which is his version of jack herer at a very nice and affordable price. Esko made amnesia crosses cheap for us who refuse to pay soma prices ( though he never tried to remake soma work and sell ). We have usc amnesia, and that's just here. Other seedco go even further to replicate and sell known strains with the same name. This is the seed biz as i see it. Not undercutting but making it more affordable for people with a lighter wallet/purse than a n or other, and a chance to try their version. I would find it insulting if he wanted dj prices

The name thing is fair to an extent, but as i said, it is being done all the time. How many different co offer white widow for example Looooooool :)

Best vybe og

Dr db

• Like 4

Just because "breeders" are doing things like this all over doesn't make it right. Also undercutting is exactly what he is doing. Well at least DJ feels this way. Read the info thread on icmag. To each there own I guess. But I will not contribute to it.

Initially I thought GP was doing a good thing...thought it was awesome someone was making DJ seeds at a very reasonable price. Was planning to get all of what GP was making. Figured he really cared. Until I read his info thread. DJ was never even asked if it was OK for someone to straight copy his gear and sell it. He never asked, even worse DJ was very up set, and told GP so. GP pretty much told him he didn't care what he thought, was going to do it anyways. This is what really turned me off about the whole thing. Like I said before, just feel it's very poor business ethics.

Brian (alaskagrown)

Couldn't of said it any better Dr Don Bonez

I've produced the same shiska strain for over 20 years Cash Crop Ken seeds! I didn't get his permission back then or now !What's a pack of shiskaberry going for these days ? I surely wouldn't pay 10 bucks a seed or some outrageous price! I'd say DJ suck it up you sold the seed not breeding rights (Monsanto)

It's sure nice we have options to the over priced seeds some breeder's prices command !

What if it was a almost extinct strain he reinterduced to the community 😀

Shiskaberry savior

• Like 1

@alaska

I'll have a look with regard to your post, but my first impression is dj knows many will buy the cheaper alternative as his prices are steep. I've never experienced none of dj work but i do know he his highly rated the green community.

@shishkaberry

Your so Damn right :) :)

Best vybe

Dr db

crossing genetics in agriculture is a human right as i see it. i think we should be doing as much of it as we can before agribusiness gets into the legal game and starts patenting genes. i dont have a moral problem with using djs genetic creation as a starting point to make something new, think of how much we all owe dj for blueberry for example...its in half the strains out there in one form or another... thats one thing.

its a whole other ball game to try to copy exactly the lifetime legacy of someone like this and sell it at a 90% markdown.

the fact that this guy keeps no records, no mother plants and has no quality control whatsoever will probably make this guy a shooting star at any rate, but the debate is still worth having given the changing nature of our work these days.

i personally would not give this kid space in my shop, not even for freebies

to clear up some miss-conceptions:

-yes I was sitting in my parent's house, like 9 years ago, sorry if I'm not 50 right now, and no I was not growing at my parents house or even had seed, I bought a book.. that's it

-alaskagrown is upset as he wanted to trade in PM, he came to the conclusion he didn't want to trade and I don't know what else he wrote.. he didn't want to upset his relations with professor trading me 'limited edition' of his Dynasty seeds and thinking I was going to F2 them, and then me telling on him that he gave me the seed I made F2 with.. so you know where his anger is coming from..

-pricing.. you can call it whatever you want. I price what I like to see, nothing more or less... if you want to compare pricing and such go ahead, but I do not.. I price according to what would make me happy when I go to seedbanks.

-call me a breeder, hack or whatever, a clown.. I don't care as it makes no difference to me.. or I think a pirate.. there is a specific aim here in this set / sets and it's not to create something new at all! it's to bring something that is "rare" to the table for everyone to experience regardless of income level.. that's it folks, nothing more behind it, or any other story to tell ya, it's that simple and will be that simple, so if you want to complicate it by all means..

-yes I do not believe in ownership of seed, as ownership in the real sense cannot even be traced to who first took care and make seed of the first cannabis plants.. if we owe something to someone, it might be some guys lineage Africa.. I dont care to use the words, mine, his, hers, theirs, me, my...... my belief is we are all here for each other, so there is no separateness in my sense, and making me split with other people who grow plants.. I do not like, but you are free to think / do / call as you like.. I am a caretaker of plants, as there is many such other people here with the same responsibility, and I would like to see long after I am gone to have seed available to any and everyone, with 100 times more genes then we do now to choose from. in a mini form as there is too much to explain what I have seen / experienced being around nature...

-there is other work being done on my side, but once again this aim with "these persons plants" was to replicate seed.. also given I do not hold this persons plants these plants are not the same, they will never be the same.. they are a sample.. I hold no mom, no dad, no pics of what they look like.. nothing, and they are one generation separated from what you ca buy if you like

-once again.. since shiska was the only person to get this... there is no seed being sold on this site, ever, never, will be.. I never intended to sell seed HERE, I intended to get people seed into another seedbank ( sannies seed shop ), as everyone who has actually purchased seed, has told me great things which you will not find many in the other place as it's through PM as they liked to tank me personally, and in person I know people who have told me what they thought.. so in an attempt to reach more people, I remember I ran across sannies seed shop a while back as someone mentioned the guy working with cocoa kush ( eskobar ) and his I believe it's called chocolate rain.. so in an attempt to get more people, reach more people, have people have more options, that is why I am here..

-you guys might want to take a step back and figure.. if I can afford this guys' seed was growing it exclusively for years upon end, have multiple setups each with it's own light, fan, venting.... do you think I'm doing this for MONEY....... the answer.... drum roll please.......................................... I don't need money... it's about getting people seed to experience what I thought was amazing, and doing that on my own time and will.

-so everyone knows, alaskagrown is wrong.. DJ was asked, and he never replied for months and months.. we ( not more then one, I do this solo, but I mean the seedbank team ) went forward then

any questions, PM me, or ask them here for others to see... if you got no questions or don't want to talk lineage.. I think there is other posts for that.. if you don't like what I do, put me on mute, change the page, go make a thread about the evil doings.... just try to leave this space for people who have questions, as I like to easily get on here and answer as I have a new baby, so time is limited, thanks

GP

what he's created and what he's done has made him a legend for good reason, he's had a huge impact on our community. but as much as i respect dj short i've always thought the prices he charges where bull crap.

that's nothing to do with anything gp's done or not done.

i'm not sure what i think of all the negativity going gp's way. i haven't read enough to say it isn't warranted, but i haven't read anything that makes me feel certain that it is.

DJ Short

"Okay, here we go again . . .

School's in:

Let's get a few things straight here--I do not charge $150.00 per pack of seeds, never have. The distributors (Boo and Bay for example) charge near that after their markup, plus there are numerous 'other hands' involved in getting these to market.

The approximate breakdown: For export seed I receive about $40.00 per pack, or about 4$ per seed. I pay a little over $1 per seed to the producer and a little under .50 cent per seeds for sorting, packaging etc. This brings us down to a little under $2.50 per seed left. Out of that I pay approximately $1.50 per seed (roughly 36%) in taxes to the government with absolutely no deductions (280E and all), which brings us to a little under a dollar per seed left. I donate well over 10% of my earnings which leaves me with a little under .50 cent per seed. Mind you, I do not produce a large amount of seed, average 15k seeds per year. By my calculations, the closet hacks' wares are fetching about $1.50 per seed meaning they are getting about .75 cents per seed from the distributor, or, more than I do!

Money? Really? Where? Oh right, it goes to the closet hacks who think they have a right to cheat and steal. No, it is not unethical or immoral to do a forward filial cross of breed-able seed, it is very unethical, immoral and illegal to charge money for it, though.

Also, if you buy a pack of my seeds and knock them off for market, they are not f2's, they are f6's because you started with f5's. Could we please get some truth in marketing here?

And woe to the closet hack accuser who needs to look in the mirror and ask themselves what they have done for the farmers of Thailand, Mexico, Afghanistan, etc., etc., because the money they are making is from the same genetics. (the hypocrisy and irony of that accusation astound me) Oh, and do you pay 36% of your gross earnings in taxes?

Sorry, had to get that off my chest. Selah.

Schools out.

Carry on."

1. Life is to be enjoyed.

1.a. Not to the detriment of another.

• Like 2

please allow me to amend that instead of say prices he charges, i should have said the price that gets charged for dj short gear is bull crap.

if the break down for pricing and cost is accurate that's a pretty shitty deal, the breeder making same as someone packing seeds is stupid. especially a legendary breeder.

any chance of operations moving anywhere else that wouldn't get so heavily taxed? i don't know what else could be suggested, but it seems some things need to change to be able to be more profitable and stay competitive.

I think the only one getting rich in this business is Arjan (GHS). Why aren't people hacking his genes?

• Like 3

No one hacks arjan because he's shit (plz excuse my French). Never had anything remotely successfully from ghs. I avoid them like the plague now. They even sell under another name "strain hunters". Avoid them.

Also if dj income is that low,considering seedbank price, i can see where his frustration stems from. That's a real crappy deal. He should go independent like sannie. I'd support his work. Still need to try his bb one day.

• Like 4

In my years of watching seed breeders and the politics I feel that None of them are getting rich. Arjan is not a seed breeder, he is a corporation owner. Most seed breeders have a ton of hard luck stories. Tom Hill, Rez, and pretty much all of them. DJ comes across as a wise old dude and he can communicate on paper well.

When he comes out he appears as someone that is important beyond just making seeds. He writes and holds workshops. Most of the other breeders are people that are doing it because they haven't got a marketable skill otherwise. That is no disrespect, but they are not writers or business owners, they just make great seeds. One may even call them artist, and like most artist they are poor businessmen. It is difficult to make art, and then try to market your own work with the risk of rejection and so on. An artist has to assume that role and appear unconcerned with finances. Being someone that considered photography as a vocation I feel I have some experience with this.

Making copies of someone famous and calling them the same name has always been uncool. I suppose it is different when you tell everyone what you are doing. And in that case you are just copying something and getting paid for your time to do it. Not everyone is set up to make seeds. With plant number limits in most places medical keeping clones of more than strain is pretty hard, but a person could have a mountain of purchased seeds and just plant 2-3 seeds of each strain to meet legal plant number limits.

DJ's products will be diluted a bit and we don't know for how long, but people will buy copies, just like people will shop Walmart and eat at McDonalds. It is just the uncool world it has become and staying out of that fray is actually hard. When you are stuck in traffic coming back from work and have a wife that is at work it is just fucking easy to eat at McDonalds. They can calculate how much business they will get in a location by things such as population density.

DJ will live, but it is best if he finds a way to change up his life a bit and concentrate on other things. I think people will buy cheaper seeds and will just not tell everyone they did it. Some will brag about it and you will probably see a frosty monster picture from it.

• Like 1

As a business owner and producer of a product, anytime you see a retail price knock off around 50% and that's what the producer actually sees. Add to that the work and effort and you really don't make much. It's basic wholesale to retail 101. That's why I also prefer direct to consumer sales. No middle man.

Anyone could buy some reg Sannie's seeds, toss around pollen then head to a different site, and try to undercut him. But we don't do that because it's a real jerk off thing to do.

Anyway...I'm not interested in this GPS thing. Personally it rubs me the wrong way. Sorry dude.

It is jerk-off and I won't participate. I just predict others well.

Look at any product in existence. There are knock-offs of Everything from cold medicine to detergents. Stores do it and write that it is the same thing next to it on the shelf, they even use the same colors on the box.

• Like 1

The problem with anything Marijuana related in this country is that Marijuana is still classified as a schedule 1 narcotic(No medical value). Meaning, that in affect of 280E you cannot use any business expense as a tax right off. Basically, let's say you purchased $1,000 in pot, then sold it for $1,000. The government will tax you for $2,000. The government needs to get their head out of their own ass! This war on drugs needs to be over.

That's why DJ is getting screwed.

Brian (alaskagrown)

• Like 2

oooh, hahaha ... careful, GP ..

if you want to sell at sannie's don't piss of the "crew".

with all respect to a fellow seedmaker and grower/lover of worthwhile genetics:

but i don't see how you possibly could have misunderstood the "chocolate rain"

lineage.

eskobar did not F2 a pack of cocoa kush and slapped his price on it ...

please don't get things twisted to your liking and stay close to the truth.

i still like what you do, but you are moving on thin ice, if you start to compare

your simple reproductions with planned amalgamations from seedmakers that

aren't making seeds for sheer lust for money, but out of passion for the plants

and nothing much else.

anyways, good vibes your way, GP ;) ... even if you hold your hand

open while making it look like you are not a dude that is just out for $.

• Like 4

I think that our seedmaking friend should go his way the opengrow way. Share some grows on o.g., place some feebees at sannies and maybe getting requests later for his commercial lines. There should be nothing wrong with that.

• Like 4

oooh, hahaha ... careful, GP ..

if you want to sell at sannie's don't piss of the "crew".

with all respect to a fellow seedmaker and grower/lover of worthwhile genetics:

but i don't see how you possibly could have misunderstood the "chocolate rain"

lineage.

eskobar did not F2 a pack of cocoa kush and slapped his price on it ...

please don't get things twisted to your liking and stay close to the truth.

i still like what you do, but you are moving on thin ice, if you start to compare

your simple reproductions with planned amalgamations of seedmakers that are

making seeds not for their lust for money, but out of passion for the plants and

nothing much else.

anyways, good vibes your way, GP ;) ... even if you hold your hand

open while making it look like you are not a dude that is just out for $.

let me clear up the last assumption

"I remember I ran across sannies seed shop a while back as someone mentioned the guy working with cocoa kush ( eskobar ) and his I believe it's called chocolate rain.."

I in no way said he was F2'ing the strain, I in no way said he crossed CK with CK... all I said was he was WORKING with cocoa kush... I have no clue the other plant so I didn't mention it what other side he was working it with..

can't really win when most of you just throw me false assumptions and miss-directed negativity....

----------------------------------------------------

Well I'm out of here, time to move on.. Thanks to all who liked what I do / am doing / working on.. If you like what I do, I'm sure you can find me if you like.. I am not gone, and there will be more and more things to come, It's just my time to move on from this site.

Sorry to those who were waiting for freebies / wanted freebies.. I apologize that my time was cut short here.

Thanks again to all the people with the positivity. keep growing, be safe, have fun, enjoy life

GP

• Like 1

Sorry to those who were waiting for freebies / wanted freebies.. I apologize that my time was cut short here.

GP

you dont have to apologize green path...you can still send them seeds directly for free via pm. of course the only reward for you would be karma and maybe some online praise....but that should be enough right? good luck!

• Like 2

I have no clue the other plant so I didn't mention it

well, then i'd do my research first and then try to implement this into my argumentation. no harm done, though ;)

indeed, eskobar WORKED with DJ short-strains, he does not just F2 them ... chocolate rain example was invalid.

anyhoo, i hope you get what you want wherever you try next ...

• Like 2