•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

MostlyMe

MM's extreme sativa's

Let's see if I can manage a grow journal. Usually as my small tent fills up, I lose the ability to make good pictures, which demotivates me to share my grows. But I'll give it my best shot and if I get some positive comments I might keep it up ;)

Here are my babies now, in their veg box:

gallery_7903_3456_53947.jpg

They are:

- 1 Eldorado (Nirvana, fem)

- 4 Double Jam (USC/Cannabiogen)

- 4 Purple Haze Thai (Ace)

- 5 Double Thai (Ace)

- 1 2046 (Medical Seeds, fem)

Had 100 % germ rate (!) and all came up, so I had more plants than pots (I always germ a couple more seeds than I need). So now two PHT's share a pot (I'll try to repot one soon) and one DT is in the paper cup (not yet visible, but this morning I saw it coming up).

They will spend 3-4 weeks under this 3x23 watt 4000 K CFL setup, while my current grow is finishing up. They were started in 24-0 for stable temperatures, right now they get 20-4 because it's cold with lights out. I'll shorten the days weekly until flowering starts.

Next they will get 250 watt MH in these 0,7 litre pots, and only when sex is determined a bigger pot (now: 0,7 litres, will be 4 litres for proven females). This to keep them smallish. It worked a little too well with my previous batch - quite small plants - but these ladies should keep growing a little longer. Finish will be under 250 watt HPS.

• Like 8

Some real sativas in that group. Double Jam could be with you longer than a pet goldfish.

• Like 9

Some real sativas in that group. Double Jam could be with you longer than a pet goldfish.

Yeah, only the Eldorado is a 12 weeker, the rest will take 16+ weeks. If you want the good stuff, you need to be patient. I use 11/13 lighting straight from the flip though, that shaves off some time. With these ladies I might go 10/14 at some point. Plus smaller plants seem to ripen quicker. I just harvested a Bangi Haze that needed only 9 weeks of 11/13.

• Like 2

MM,

this has caught my attention! I am pulling up a chair for the Thai parade!

WOW that is a satty lovers wet dream grow man!!

Good on ya! I've grow a few over the years, but they are so hard (for me) to time correctly, in my perpetual set up.

But I do run one now and then to have some sativa in a jar, in the freezer.

Best to ya and the garden.

Great lineup MM! Being the sativa/Thai lover that I am... I will definitely be keeping an eye on this grow!

There's something special about growing plants that can take 4 to 6 months plus, to fully ripen... and the sweet smoke that exudes from it!... man, don't even get me started!

• Like 1

Awesome lineup. I've done Eldorado twice and really liked it both times. Of 4 pheno's none went over 12 weeks.

Speaking sativa I just obtained some Ecuador landrace seeds from a notorious 10 week sativa Federation Seeds used for their Celestial Temple Sativa. Kind of stoked about that :) Hopefully they're viable.

All the best,

RM

• Like 2

Looks like a fun lineup, definitely along for this one!

@ Rev that sounds like it could be awesome. I'm real surprised there's 10 weekers in anything Ecuadorian.

I won't be putting any bank on it but the person that brought the seeds back for me said that the strain has been kept in his family for generations, he smoked some of the weed that the seeds came from and said "it's a no ceiling high, orange/spice flavor and smell and it only gets 4 feet tall with fat nugs at the tops and nowhere else"..we'll see about that :)

• Like 1

Welcome everyone, I did not expect so much interest to be honest!

@DG: special smoke indeed, but also surprisingly varied in effect. Happy, active, calming, racy, trippy, dreamy, there's such a wide 100 % sativa spectrum!

@Rev: nice! Those 10 weekers can be just as good as the 20 weekers. I wanted to do a long grow at least once. Incidentally, I had 20 landrace beans from Cambodia for this grow as well, but couldn't get a single one to germ :(

• Like 1

Getting viable seeds from people who just don't know how to store, let alone harvest the seeds correctly is like a fuckin crap shoot.

I think that's why when you find a good landrace, you keep it or breed it!

Wish the very best with this run MM, thanks for sharing (sorry for the thread jack).

Peace

RM

• Like 1

Best of luck on this MM, You mention your small tent, I run a cab with a 4' height restriction, I dont believe I could even run some of those strains. The longer the stretch the worse it is for my setup. If I ever get a tent so I can stretch up a bit more, then I could try, til then I will enjoy the grow through your thread. Best of luck and keep'em green.

Good luck with them, hope you can picked specials phenomenons, Sativa will be certainly easier to find and a more compact Indica I will like finding too... :smoke

Best of luck on this MM, You mention your small tent, I run a cab with a 4' height restriction, I dont believe I could even run some of those strains. The longer the stretch the worse it is for my setup. If I ever get a tent so I can stretch up a bit more, then I could try, til then I will enjoy the grow through your thread. Best of luck and keep'em green.

Last grow most of my plants didn't get much higher than 2 feet - all mostly or pure sativa. The ones that did, got bent and tied to even out the canopy. Small pots + low nutes = small plants. Yield per plant is compromised obviously, but you CAN cram more plants on the same surface area.

And speaking of cramming: my tent is 2x2 feet and 5-something feet high. I will try to keep every female I get.

sent a friend some of the Eldorado beans that I ordered by mistake. I don't have the patience.

You sir, are a disgrace and should be publicly whipped! ;)

• Like 4

MM,

Me and you on same page. My cab is about 2 x 2 1/2 x 6 and I have 7 females in there right now. They are in 6in square pots for full term.

• Like 1

Quite the line-up. I wish you all the best.

I had some Double Thai, probably from Ace, a few years back. It was cheap; small buds advertised as "D" grade, but it was some good. Flavour and aroma are what I remember best. Very fruity... very nice. Yours should be teh bomb.

• Like 1

MM,

Me and you on same page. My cab is about 2 x 2 1/2 x 6 and I have 7 females in there right now. They are in 6in square pots for full term.

Yeah baby, cram that cab! Do you also strategically remove fan leaves to increase light flux to bud sites?

Quite the line-up. I wish you all the best.

I had some Double Thai, probably from Ace, a few years back. It was cheap; small buds advertised as "D" grade, but it was some good. Flavour and aroma are what I remember best. Very fruity... very nice. Yours should be teh bomb.

It's a sad thing when this kind of weed is labeled D grade, but I guess the kush crowd won't accept airy and lispy buds as A+.

• Like 3

There have been threads and sub-conversations on this before, but people want rock hard buds, and will bypass stuff they would really enjoy because the buds aren't solid enough. I think The Joker has mentioned a number of times that dispensaries in his area will not consider airy buds or buds with a heavy tail structure.

When we have a mature marijuana tourism industry, similar to the wine industry, people can be educated. I'd love to take a tour of weed farms someday, where at the end of the tour, you go to a room with your tour-mates and sample many varieties with an expert stoner as a guide. In fact, I should be a tour guide in my twilight years. It would sure beat being a greeter at Wal-Mart.

Edit: BTW, sorry to hijack your thread, MM. I can't say it won't happen again, but I'll try to stay on topic.

Edited by Misterdirt
  • Like 4

Don't worry about hijacking Mr. D. and others, in fact I like a lively topic. I run a workout log elsewhere, which frequently becomes an online bar for me and my buddies - whenever a couple of us happen to have a slow day at work :D

As for the airy buds and all, that's clearly something people need to learn. It'll never be everyone's cup of tea, but I do hope it'll get some more recognition. At the very least because it will help conservation along... it's important to keep this crazy kind of stuff around in pure form.

• Like 1

Mister dirt

Like the Appleton rum tour after the tour your ushered in to a fancy room with all their awards and history on the wall and encouraged to sample a buffet table 30 ft long filled with there wares ! Needless to say it was a interesting bus trip back to the resort !

I'm game to have 30 ft of various buds,bongs and vaporizers filled and lit to sample! Where do I sign up ? Shiska

• Like 1

Good luck on your run, MosltlyMe, and a nice line up and 2046.... you´ll be surprised how good it is... you´ll store it away like zamaldelica...

just a prediction... not an opinion.. I ´ll follow your grow and whish you all the best!

smile

Welcome Smile, I was saving a seat for you. 2046 is in the mix because of your raving review elsewhere on this forum :)

• Like 1