•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

mjs1392

Winter Run 2014 Fun

So here's the deal folks. I'm trying to start this thread but my router is out, cable company says I can pick one up but my work schedule says It'll be friday before I have time. So I need a favor. Put up a ton of pics in my gallery under the winter run 2014 title. Descriptions of each pic. If anybody has the time to toss them up it'd be cool. If not, fuck it, I'll wait until I get a router.

Grow is 3 weeks into flower today, the sinister seeds stuff is from seed, the others were males. The seed plants were 2 weeks or so from germ only so they're behind. I'm figuring I'll let the other three run long and end up harvesting those 2 a little early. A drawback of everything coming down at once.

My old core and coil took a shit 1 1/2 weeks in so I went from the 400 cmh to the 600 solistek running at 630 on overdrive, vert barebulb. 2 gallon smartpots in a mix of coco and rice hulls. Fed canna A&B, cannazyme, and calmag in RO PH about 6.0-6.2. Pretty damn simple.

I'm blown away by the difference in temps going barebulb and the massive growth I'm getting. Obviously adding a few hundred watts more helped. It also means I can keep the heat off in my apartment this winter. If I grow enough to last before it gets warm, I may just dial it down to 400 for summer to keep the AC use a bit lower or even just shut down. Shutting down isn't real likely.

Thanks again to Indican for making alot of this grow possible. He's sent some fine stuff my way, convinced me of the greatness of coco and canna and now got me to go bare with the solistek. You're welcome to anything in my jars any day my friend.

• Like 4

Hell yeah dude, love when people do bare, then love it...Just careful with forearms while reaching across the canopy lol...burns instantly lol..Long sleeves help! Ill try to get em over here man..Road trip today, so limited on time this am...What strains ya got growin?

Pretty soon, ul stop checkin ph...Its really a waste of time with canna man

LMAO, I can't say it's all from the barebulb. I think going up from a failing 400 to 630 watts of brand newness contributes a bit too. I don't think I'll ever quit checking PH Indi, my water sucks. Whenever I decide to quit checking PH or quit using the RO and just use my tap water the mom cabinet ends up looking like hell. I use that setup as a testing ground kind of. If the moms and veg plants aren't digging it I'm not trying it on the flowering girls. No worries about burnt arms and shit either. My plants all come out of the tent for any watering and shit.

As for the Strains running this time, I have Deep Purple, Anesthesia, Twisted Fruit, and your Angelica and CCK X Huck. On deck I have 2 each of Motabreath, Caramel Drizzle, (BBxRom) X Heri, MsU X UK Blues, Huck X Snowqueen, and a lone Mother Firefly(I kinda killed the others, oops) I think it should make for an interesting bunch of flavors and highs and hopefully I get 5 or 6 females out of the bunch. This lack of an internet connection sucks. Especially since I live in the sticks and have a slow phone connection too. Looks like I may get rained out tomorrow, if I do, I'm going to the cable company and getting the damn router.

@mowgli Thank you so much for posting those. I know they're a pain to do. The first 2 pics are the last day with a reflector. Was running 24" away and still hitting low 90's. The next 2 are after a few day bare bulb. 8" away and high 70's -low 80's, much better. Tomorrow I will post some more pics. Another week barebulb and the growth is rather impressive. At least to me.

Thanks for popping in here folks. Hopefully all keeps going well and they stay looking nice. The deep purple is looking a little light in color. She's a hungry bitch so I'm bumping up the nutes just a bit. Otherwise they all look nice. The cck x huck I believe to lean heavily toward the MsU in the CCK. She was the runt going in and now she's run past everything else. You'll see what I mean. Hope you all enjoy your holidays.

Peace

You have the indica leaning pheno of twisted fruit. Mine is the most delicate sativa I've ever grown. Might have to chop her early cause I can't take me me past 9 weeks this time. Your grow is looking great, good luck. G

• Like 1

@griot Yeah, I'd tend to agree with you. It is indica leaning but definitely sativa dom. It's an interesting high. Comes on real fast, makes my face warm, then settles a bit to a mellowness. Stinks to high heaven of skunky, sweet, gymscoks, and landfill. In a good way. Not at all sleep inducing. Not so great that it's a keeper but definitely good enough that I used it to make my fem crosses(seeds ripening as we speak) I'm most curious about the resulting anesthesia and deep purple fems I made with this as the he/she dad

• Like 1

good looking grow. you have done it right. I have a uk blue in flower and she is awesome. still have 6 seeds so I will ,if the smoke is as good as it looks, make some bx for sure. several crosses coming in the run I just turned.

Thanks for stopping in bigun. The next run should be real interesting. All Indi's stuff and even as seedlings I'm seeing some interesting variation in leaf shapes between strains But not much difference between each representative of the strain. Should bring some nice variation on stone and high and flavor. we'll know for sure in a few months.

Hired my old hippie neighbor across the hall to deseed my fem crosses for me. He just retired and he's bored as hell. He doesn't buy smoke anymore, I just try and keep him supplied. Told him if he deseeds them he can smoke them. He thought it was christmas. Win for us both.

And here's just a quick group shot until tonight when I can pull them out individually. You can see they really filled in more this last week. Except the CCK X Huck. She went taller.

gallery_5114_4806_1872823.jpg

Bottom Right = Deep Purple

Top Right = Anesthesia

Top Left = Angelica

Bottom Left = Twisted Fruit

Center = CCK x Huck

• Like 4

The girls werent looking real happy for photos today, a bit droopy and thirsty so I'll grab them tomorrow. But they just keep going. I had to reposition my filter so I could get the bulb up a few more inches. This CCK X Huck is really surprising me growing this way. It has to be leaning heavy to the MsU side of it's parentage. I loved the MsU leaning cck I ran so I don't see an issue here. My little fem seed project that some of you know about has come to completion. I have fat brown seeds literally falling out of plants.

So I didn't get pics up as quick as I thought. Sue me. I been busy Anyway here's the 5 ladies at week 5. Temps have been running consistently 76-80 lights on and 67-71 lights off. It's all just on autopilot practically. The CCK x Huck is the only real shocker. At the flip she was about 6" and 2 weeks behind the others. Now she's about 36" And obviously well behind in flower development. And definitely appearing to be way more sativa then I'd expect from the parentage. I have my doubts it'll be close to finishing when the others need to come down. I'm guessing it's destined for the bho pile. We'll see. It may surprise me. Deep Purple is developing it's sweet, chemically, berry smell. Twisted Frjuit is smelling like a roadkill skunks ass thats been eating rotten fruit. Anesthesia smells piney, hashy, and earthy and delicious. The Angelica has a musty berry sandalwood smell starting. And the pics....

gallery_5114_4806_195267.jpg

gallery_5114_4806_1692095.jpg

gallery_5114_4806_1177777.jpg

gallery_5114_4806_1931787.jpg

gallery_5114_4806_27055.jpg

gallery_5114_4806_665379.jpg

gallery_5114_4806_2203036.jpg

gallery_5114_4806_330487.jpg

gallery_5114_4806_560093.jpg

gallery_5114_4806_268404.jpg

gallery_5114_4806_1683530.jpg

gallery_5114_4806_2250313.jpg

gallery_5114_4806_209536.jpg

gallery_5114_4806_1005583.jpg

gallery_5114_4806_677820.jpg

And the fem seed project went well. I have a few dozen seeds of each cross I made. Should make for some fun stuff to pass along to my friends.

• Like 4

Looks like some serious Ms. U influence on that CCK X HK structure. It will finish fast, Like by about 10 weeks, I'll bet.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update mjs!

DEEP PURPLE! You're in for a treat from all that everyone's been saying about that one.

I've been watching those cckxhuck to see what they'll do. I think I wound up with one of the same phenos - MsU leaner. It's so great to be able to compare them. I appreciate it a lot. The other female cck I wound up with stayed shorter and the Angelica, too.

Some great looking buds you got there. Good luck with the FEMS!!!

:specool

Can't wait for the smoke reports on these guys...

@Misterdirt I think this one looks more sativa than the MsU I ran. I'm hoping for 9 weeks on her but I just don't know. 9 is as long as I've taken deep purple, Anesthesia works at 9 and so does Twisted Fruit. I think 10 weeks will be way too long on the DP. It really should come down at 8 for the most flavor, I'll compromise at 9. Drying and growing in the same tent limits me.

@madmaster I love this deep purple pheno. It's narcotic as hell and has a berry, chemical, funkiness when it's cured a bit. Not a great yielder but great smoke. This time I vegged and trained it a bit but as you can see it's still the smallest plant and is growing 4 beautiful colas. Zero side branching. She's one of my moms. And was dusted with the Twisted Fruit he/she pollen. Hoping the twisted fruit branchiness helps the structure and yield a bit.

I'm curious about the fems I did. Never did fem seeds before and this really was a pollen chuck. The Kolossus, Anesthesia, and Deep Purple are all my moms, the twisted fruit was a lone female from a lone seed I was gifted. I'm willing to bet though that they'll make some decent smoke.

And as always folks, thanks for stopping in.

It's so ridiculously cold and windy here today I finally had to turn my heat on. That's very rare in my apartment since I started growing. That one 400 watt bulb and old core and coil kept my little place warm and the 600 has let me keep the windows cracked until a few days ago. Not today. 8 below and 30mph winds have it down to 62 in here and a few hours before the lights come on. It's a cold motherfucking day. And in case you were wondering, I'm an ironworker by trade and spent most of my morning sitting on a 6"piece of steel 160 feet up, I want to come home to warmer than 62 damn degrees!

Weeklyish update for anyone interested in this one. 6 weeks or so in. Really only planniong to go 3 more based on my past experiences with 3 of these 5. May just push them out to 10 weeks though to see if I can get that CCK x Huck closer to finishing.

CCK x Huck, obviously lagging behind the others but she was younger at the start and obviously a hidden recessive sativa trait came out in this particular one. Finally starting to give off a nice smell. Pure pineapple candy. Makes sense if you go through the lineage of the MsU. She didn't care much for the p/k13/14 boost and crisped up several fan leaves, otherwise she's doing fine. I don't think she'll finish in the time I need though. Time will tell

gallery_5114_4806_1589431.jpg

gallery_5114_4806_1637087.jpg

Next we have Anesthesia. Starting to bulk up beautifully. I've run this same cut now every grow for the last 5 of mine, this next all Sinister Seeds grow will be the first without her in a long time. I love it. Skunky, hashy, piney, earthy, sticky as hell, and potent enough to put me to sleep if I don't respect it. This is the one really showing me the love of the barebulb and extra wattage, much bigger and denser than normal for me.

gallery_5114_4806_726843.jpg

gallery_5114_4806_2203893.jpg

gallery_5114_4806_1613880.jpg

Here we have Angelica, from Indican, Sinister Seeds. She's the other seed plant in this run, took a little while to get going but once she did, she took off. Just as Indican told me she would. She's been easy to grow and not fussy and looks like she'll yield well. It smells like Selene but different, it's really hard to nail down. Almost like a very mild cherry currant fig mix rubbed on a bud of Selene.

gallery_5114_4806_1779342.jpg

gallery_5114_4806_802524.jpg

Now we have Deep Purple. From JOTI. I'm really into this one. A chemically, berry, earthy, fruity, sweetness. Sticky, dense, narcotic. Only drawbacks are the slow veg and average yields. She's worth it and is one of my keepers. Lives next to my Anesthesia mom if that says anything.

gallery_5114_4806_551675.jpg

gallery_5114_4806_1014150.jpg

gallery_5114_4806_2053410.jpg

gallery_5114_4806_2501205.jpg

And finally we have Twisted Fruit V2 from Motarebel. Old school pot stink with a bit of rotten fruit. It's nice. Good yielder, branchy as fuck and needs some support at the end. She's a good laughy high that settles into a peaceful mellow and lasts about 1 1/2 or so. Liked enough that when I couldn't justify keeping her as a mom I did an s1 and a few fem crosses with her

gallery_5114_4806_1010924.jpg

gallery_5114_4806_1107117.jpg

gallery_5114_4806_1689876.jpg

That's about it for this weekend, I have half my Sinister seeds run in the micro cab getting sexed, the females will come back out under the veg lights and the males will move on. Once this current run is in jars and the tent is free, it'll be filled right back up with a crowd of Indican's ladies. Next round of seeds is already picked. Some more JOTI and Sinister stuff and since I need something a little more sativa for some in my circle, I recently came into some c99 crosses. Santa Maria x c99 and Durban x c99 from Griot. Thanks man. I think it'll make a nice mix.

Questions, comments, whatever. You know what to do

• Like 5

Pulled 2 males from the flourescent cab. One caramel drizzle and (bb x rom) x heri. 4 from that round left to sex and 5 more went in today. If I end up with 9 ladies that tent is gonna be packed. It's almost odd hoping to get a few males. The male caramel drizzle smelled great when I chopped him up. Very sweet, almost like a caramel sauce covered bud. Made me think the name it was given by , Misterdirt(maybe? don't remember) was very appropriate.

Looking great in here MJS. Best of luck on this run, just havesting some MsDrizz right now and wow, Indican aint kidding. Sticky and sweet smelling.

Happy growin hope you find some keepers

@starin I actually didn't take any clones this round. I think I have more cck x huck beans, this one isn't a keeper for me anyway. Not sure if I have more angelica or not but win a few, lose a few. I got a lot of beans in my stash yet. Not concerned. But yeah, after the light issues and shit this grow is going really nice. I might see a half pound out of the tent. That'd be a personal best and make me plenty happy.

Another male showed in the next run. Both bbxrom x heri came up male this run. They'll get another shot in the next round and thats a full slate now. Lots of fun stuff coming in my little tent.

On a side note, one of my female "acquaintances" stopped over last night. Brought some stuff she bought from her guy. Says it's blue dream. I'm not impressed. She asked me if we could smoke some more of my stash after a bowl of it. LOL She likes it. She likes anesthesia alot more

Nice looking grow. I was trying to remember which thread had the deep purple in it. Been interested in that one.

You got an odd ball cck x huck for sure. I am always amazed when I see this cross shoot out branches like mad when its 50% Bubba genetics. Some times a cross just comes out funny, has to be some MS U at play for sure. I am nearly equally amazed with the vigor and branching on the pure Huck, based on the two parents. The CCKs I grew went at about the pace of most my personal Bubba crosses, but this Huck just seems to shoot out of the ground and never look back.

Do you have the horny pheno of Anna? It tends to be the more Heri phenos that seem to really activate the blood flow.

Dude

• Like 1

@organic Thanks for stopping by. Always nice to have visitors. Deep Purple is gonna be around my place for a while. Just a great indica. CCK x Huck? Yeah this one is crazy on the MsU. My MsU didn't have this much sativa in it. She smells nice though. My keeper Anesthesia to me is a mixed pheno and well balanced but it does make my girl horny as hell. If she keep her eyes open. Here's another Deep Purple pic for you. About 6.5 weeks in

gallery_5114_4806_1905276.jpg

• Like 4

That is a pretty little indica for sure!

I am not sure I ever got the mixed pheno in all the Anna I have popped. Yours does match the look whazzup showed for that though. I have had two heri phenos that just really light you up, super high THC but clear headed too. Love the stuff....my keeper has been in the garden for years. All the other phenos dropped me like a 9lb hammer. Thats just not my thing 99% of the time, but I can see where these would have great medicinal properties.

Dude

I've run it from seed for almost as long as I've grown. Almost every grow has had anesthesia in it. Popped almost two packs of it and have had a heri pheno, branchy golf balls and not much for taste but devastating. She was a keeper for a bit, found a straight pole structured skunky beast, she was close to the strongest smelling pot I've ever grown. Rocs Chemdawg was the only stinkier one I've run. Found this one and it seems to mix the best of everyh pheno I've seen and it's my permanent keeper. Easy as hell to grow, decent yielder, nice skunky, earthy, hashy taste and will lead to uncosciousness if you're not careful. And I have a male I've found that grows identical to her. I think that'll be the next stud I use.

• Like 1