•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Love&Inity

Has anyone been to the Carribean or W.I.? Share your stories!

Greetings and Salutations from father and son farmers here in Jamaica. Just out of curiosity, anyone else here from the Caribbean or West Indies?

PLEASE, feel free to chime in even if you have only visited. We would to hear your experiences of the people, food and culture...good and bad.

I was in Puerto Rico once, about 30 years ago, so I'm an expert on all things West Indies! (As long as it happened about 30 years ago in Puerto Rico.)

Yes, I have been to ocho rios. I won a trip for 2 for 8 days. It was really

Nice there. I had alot of fun. We got smoked out. I took a box of

.Chocolate blunt wraps. The locals never saw them before. I opened up a pack. The

Guys that were the locals all got around and passed it around smelled it then

We filled it up with bud and smoked it. That was like 2002. The locals were the guys that work

At the resort. It was the grand rennisance by marriot. I hear they changed names. The hash i got was strong as hell. It was a really big chunk I got from a rasta walkin around .It was cheap priced.I was a lightweight back then. I always dream to go back. Very beautiful place. I was

Sorta sad there because the people have sorta not so nice accommodations that live on the

Beat and path the tour bus drives on. They all were good people we met.

We've been there twice nice country but poor economic troubles for the locals ! Jan was our last trip and we stayed in ocho rios the time before was in 2013 and went to a destination wedding in Negril ! We enjoyed the weather and friendly people we met and are thinking of returning soon ! Hello and welcome to open grow

Hey!

Been to Dominican Republic, bit over ten years ago, was a long wanted and deserved holiday.

Had a great time, although the armed guards at night gave me more the feelin of a prison than a resort...

After the locals found out we were not there to buy all there shit (they were salesmen on the resort), but did want to have a good time, they took us on night-trips and the fun began...!

Been too long since I had a break, Hawaï has some interestin spots (for me)..

Edit: Yeah! Welcome to OG!

Love St. John. Almost the whole island is a national park. We've camped at Cinannom Bay, Mahoo Bay and rented a house. Haven't been in like ten years but I liked blowing by the signs that said no rental cars past this sign onto the dirt road switch backs and picking up hitchhikers. The people were awesome.

Jost Van Dyke was great too. Ivan's at White bay was really cool. Honor bar, back packers etc. Ivan knew a lot about traditional medicinal plants. We didn't make it to Tortalla for the full moon party though. We got some ditch weed unfortunately but the setting made up for it.

The locals told us that St. John was where people from St. Thomas went to get away and Jost was where people from St. John went to get away. This comin year we have have Granada on our radar.

Edit. If anyone is cosidering a trip to St. John the guide book St. John Off The Beaten Path is great.

Does St Crox count? I was on the island in 2011 simply a paradise...