•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Greetings members,

Seeking a little feedback from any Opticlimate or Dimlux users.

After discussions with Opticlimate support they appear to be quite an ingenius climate control over conventional air conditioners.

With the prospect of a Dimlux controlled room on the cards, questions were raised as to the necessity of a an Opticlimate.

With adequate air exchange via a SMSCOM fan controller, any excessive heat spikes due to external intake temperatures would in order be controlled by -

SMS Fan controller - controls set temp.

Failing that and exceeding desired temp max - Dimlux Master Controller/IR Camera dims lights.

I understand in my experience there is no substitute for complete climate control, but with Dimlux offering insurance over leaf surface temperature, I ponder if the Opticlimate could be side stepped in a non sealed room?

Any thoughts/experience on the matter welcome.

Rose.

Out of curiosity were you extremely High when you wrote this post there Rose ???? what exactly are you trying to achieve

To my understanding opticlimate is one complete system more for a sealed room application, run on water to cool and heat your room

And the Dimlux is more of a central brain that allows you to add sensors to it at a cost for each so by the time you got relay boxes RH DEH, co2 light fan all this your going to be up there before you even purchased a AC unit , or Humidifier

IMO the Dimlux is out of date there are so many better ones there ones that will send you a alarm by phone if something is wrong , intruder alert and so on

I own a iponic climate controller and its my best friend i communicate with it from around the world if i had to via phone can change anything via remote

Here pic communicating via phone with my controller

Just don;t know what your wanting or comparing one is more for sealed other is all round but you still need to buy the sensors that kinda sucks there is ones out there now that lower light intensity as it fall to end of its cycle cool room

med_gallery_11738_4815_59120.jpg

med_gallery_11738_4815_24321.jpg

• Like 1

Guest Soi

this is different to maxi controller.

this switches off your lights,,, on high limit, the maxi dimms to a level,

aircon unit has nothing to do with maxi controller

I must admit I am a fairly perplexed person by nature Bagwell, but it is becoming increasingly difficult to 'bite my lip' and ignore many of your posts of late.

I am perfectly aware of the functions and parameters of both the Opticlimate and Dimlux and did not request overview of their use, only practical experiences.

My question was mainly to users of the Dimlux as if I could maintain suitable climate with the "old" dimlux system and fan controller, I may not require Opticlimate thus reducing cost and greenhouse footprint.

Im also quite familiar with the Iponics system (Which is very new groundbreaking technology) but I do not require control of my growroom on the other side of the world.

I suspect if you listened more to what people are asking instead of coming across as a condescending baffoon that spouts information nobody asked for.... then perhaps your "best friend" could one day become more than an Iponic controller.

Listen, ask and listen again.

You will end up learning more and offending less ;)

Apologies forum members.

Rose.

• Like 3

I apologize if i came across as rude or offensive it was not my intention Rose, just asked if you were stoned when you posted this thread didn't think it was that offensive being a marijuana site ( Just Saying :wave: ) I Was ( My posts as of late ????

I do not actually have experience with both systems that you ask ,,, But what i do gather is the opticlimate is more for a sealed room style set up and the Dimlux is more for ..... intelligent lighting system they suppose to work hand in hand ???? i Dunno

but again you want my honest opinion when any company boasts its the best on the market best par up to 25 percent makes me think there Full of it. Sales Gimmick and when Searching i found 2 reviews and probably reviewed by staff or people with invested interests

They mention that it eliminates timers and relay boxes you should ask them then what triggers the lights to turn off or on ??they will tell you it has a built in contactor which is a relay box,, like 90 percent out there

All good products will have a built in circuit breaker when it draws power a GFCI and that is standard industry procedure For Safety

All intelligent systems Eliminates the need for timers ??? actually every intelligent system has its own built in clock so timers are the thing of the past. everything that this system has has to be added on so costs increase they hook line and sink you in a sense like buying a ipad when it first came out i remember buying one for my daughter was on sale for xmass years back you know them ones you put into a base and it will play music well long story short they failed to mention i had to buy this part and that part etc to actually have it down load or even work on base station

Bottom line Rose its up to you what you want to choose for a controller i chose the iponic 600 cause it grows as i do and for its plug n play feature

Monitor and control EVERY aspect of your grow room or greenhouse — light timers, temperature, humidity, CO2, irrigation pumps — with the iPonic 600. This revolutionary controller is software based and allows you to monitor and control your grow room — via smart phone, computer, or internet — from anywhere, anytime!

Unique Features:

• Instant plug-and-play via factory presets

• Fully programmable and flexible

• Backlit touch screen display for ease of use

• Fully automated control of the growth cycle — early veg through final bloom!

• Remote communications and control

• Eight 120V outlets

• Fuzzy-Logic CO2

• High/Low temp, humidity, CO2 alarms via text or email

• High temperature shut off

• Warranty: 3-year (1-year on sensor module)

Guest Soi

hay the iponic looks nice,,, i like the fact of the data logger,,, very nice, but of course, in truth i have never used any of the controllers

dimlux gavita,,,,and so,,,, the adjustable pot on most digi ballest operate 0-10 volt adjustment.

in the controller, there is a variable potentiometer

example

manuel pot on ballest to control the voltage will dim the lamp but you need to be sure it can take the power it needs to absord when the lamp is dimmed.

for the controller, this has just been,,,, moved to another level. with out chating to much bs.

both interesting posts.

• Like 1

If this is the case and I misjudge the tone of your posts Bagwell, then the apology is for you.

I am generally reluctant to post too much on this forum as for myself personally I find therer are many of the most intelligent and talented growers on the planet on here and their is generally more to gain from listening than speaking.

Other forums are plagued with new growers who constantly protest wrong from right as opposed to more experienced growers here who dont necessarily see wrong and right, but share mutual respect of 'works for me or works for you' style of discussion.

The Iponics system is a very nice bit of kit, but I require functions that this system doesnt cover for my application.

I always look for the science in products, never the 'swindle' ;)

Rose.

• Like 1

What exactly you looking for ???

I am looking for advice from users of the Dimlux Master Controllers and lighting to advise on how effective the the system is at lowering temperatures via dimming.

If I can control any excessive heat issues with automated ventilation control and dimming, then I may not require an Opticlimate to keep things "cool" enough.

I expected with many Euro members on here that there may be more than a few running Dimlux systems already.

Rose.

Guest Soi

i not sure, but i now that with the maxi controller you can use solid state relays, that you can add to out port to turn heaters on and additional ventilation.

however due to never using one i can't tell you any more.

cost of maxi 200£ plus with out the co2 or the ir sensor.

why not email air supply in holland,,, get the upto date,,, user instructions. this will tell you everything or even call the office, = shop...

hope fully the instruction will be advanced and tell you all the options.

best regards

I think the maxi Controler is the only controler to consider and calculate VPD. Unlike other controllers that shut down based on AT the maxi uses VPD to shut down incase of excess heat. This allows the plants to safe and not just the room temp. I.e if your pump breaks down but room temp is ok the lights will not shut down and the plants will die. The maxi works on plant temp so if the pump breaks down then the lights dim or shut down if problem persists. The auto dimming also help the plants keep a constant rate of transpiration, which helps in many ways.

• Like 1

Guest Provence

Rose, I was looking at the Opti figures on the website.

The electric output might be low (740w for the smaller unit) but the water consumption is......insaaane :rtfm:

1-2L per minute....in dutch climate conditions....

That means rougly 1000L of water per day

60.000L of water for the shortest flowering run.....

To me this system is not viable and has zero eco-logic

wasting 1000L of the most precious thing in the world everyday is just absurd

interesting thoughts but i don't know nothing about this and these

I do suppose most EU commercial growers (that would buy this equipment)

don't show to often on forums, or on this one at least :innocent:

:hug:

what I would like when I'd get back to it is just a little airconditioning system so i can

re use the water the airco sucks up or something like that

Rose, I was looking at the Opti figures on the website.

The electric output might be low (740w for the smaller unit) but the water consumption is......insaaane :rtfm:

1-2L per minute....in dutch climate conditions....

That means rougly 1000L of water per day

60.000L of water for the shortest flowering run.....

To me this system is not viable and has zero eco-logic

wasting 1000L of the most precious thing in the world everyday is just absurd

At the time I spoke with Opticlimate distributor about the water consumption, and the usage through a municipal water supply was very large to scrub the heat, even worse if you were paying for it.

Questions were asked if it would be viable to pump recirculation through a resevoir/aquarium chiller, but the scrub rate would require a minimal of around 10 000L to be efficient.

The split systems are a much better option, but had 'teething' issues that hadnt been resolved yet last I heard.

If you have a 10 000L water tank or live next to a water course ie. Dam, lake, river. .. id consider buying :)

• Like 2

Well this post is pretty old but when i google opticlimate maxi controller this is one of the few posts that come up.

I dont post on forums ever but i thought i share,

i am in los angeles california  and i have opticlimte 3500 pro 2 that was recirculating swimming pool water without a problem

now i have it recirculating a 55 gal drum with a 1hp artica chiller and a 3/4hp leader pump in my garage i just recieved maxi controller and sensors are on the way.

i will be doing 1200 watts in clu058 1825 90 cobs on active heatsinks over 2 4x8's in the middle each table will have a dimlux 1k hps and a 630 cmh along with the cobs running vpd co2 burners standing res topfed via leader pool pump recirculating in florflex pro pots in  curtailing mini cubes/chunky perlite  10CF 3 pounds buildasoil  house mix organic admendments MBferts nutes and safergros calmag micros agsil16h whey glycine light malt extract azos mykoz and a hormone mix i made

will be flowering Triple og by exotic genetix and chaquita banana by rb26 

ive been working my regular day job building this room i will be flowering as soon as the sensors and lights come as i have sold my sun system 315s and nanolux DEs buying all the dimlux shit used as was the opti and everything else in my room.

I am no pro grower just interested in  seeing VPD first hand and ive so far broke evan on ny equipment change out.

please exscuse my room

fullsizeoutput_43ee.thumb.jpeg.bd1accfa5cb837868a8653e86aed670d.jpegfullsizeoutput_430d.thumb.jpeg.1d261cd9460608376c107c765aaa545d.jpegfullsizeoutput_43f4.thumb.jpeg.d007fc0f804011b3d8f6432eec699343.jpegfullsizeoutput_43f0.thumb.jpeg.e56bdfb120c92710b4a8a2abc24f84cd.jpeg

• Like 1