•           ai.php.gif

Hello Hello Opengrow,

after a long time I can finally present the promised smoke reports.

The first is Cherry Pie (newzealnd sour og x tangie)

During the grow it had some diesel tones, not surprising considering the heritage, but then it turned more strawberry or cherry like why we gave it the name Cherry Pie. Now after some cure, approximately 8 weeks, it became again more citric. I have to admit though that it was quite warm during the grow, spoiling the taste maybe a bit.

The effect is sativa dominant but has some body feeling that is present as well. My flatmate said it has also some nice trippy effects and asked for it a couple of times after having it tried ones. It seemed to have pleased him. For me I find it a good weed especially considering that it is a cross from a friend, but I probably won't grow her again. I would say there are many other good strains which have similar features, maybe not excatly in that composition though. It is a good cross compared to what one can get from seeds but it's not outstanding. However I was no fan of the parents highs either.

large.5b18586eae63f_02-CherryPie.JPG.928

large.5b185861b289b_02-CherryPie.JPG.95c

Chocolate Rain Fem

This one has already won many hearts around here, hasn't it? I haven't grown the reg version yet, but the Chocolate Cheese fem. We kept two phenos ans they are winners in taste, high and performers. Because of them I decided to give the CR fem a try to see what the Cr has to offer without the Cheese.

Generally CR and CC get better and more complex the longer you let them cure. There some strains where I prefere as Sannie not to give them a long time, but these gems are deep! Really the aroma of my pheno reminds me of the CC #1 and has some berry aroma mixed with red fruit citric gummy candy and some slight coffee. People are easily pocketed by her smells.

The appearance suggests a rather hybrid like effect as I would expect from my Fruity Chronic Juice, but this is not the case. The first sensations came quite quick but it fully unfolds within 30 minutes and can give you quite some groove. After a couple of joints though it starts to calm you down rather. Nevertheless I would also recommend it for clubbing if you have some tolerance. Also I should mention that I gave it 8.5 weeks, while some might prefer 9-10. I find that the aroma is oftten best just before the peak ripeness. Giving it a longer flowering time will probably give the effect also more body. I prefer it as it is though.

I would definately recommend this strain. Great work Esko

large.5b185c57edcfc_06-CR.JPG.7afc5d78ec

large.5b185c52045de_06-CR.JPG.d6d011069f

Shackzilla

I have grown her several times in the past 5-6 years, yet different phenos. She is a beauty and she is sow easy to grow, rewarding you with a nice harvest. The smell is like old-school SSH with some slight pine haze notes to it. However I had also some phenos which went more towards pineapple bubblegum haze. Generally you can't go wrong with this one and some might feel reminded about the beginning of the millenium.

The effect is very strong or potent. It has it's trippy features plus some body effects that are a bit heavy. I find it has quite some body stone but mixed with the haze sativa side it keeps you floating without any ants in the pants feeling. For people with less tolerance this can easily be to strong. I consider her a hybrid with strong haze characteristics, but it's not my up-beat sativa horse in my stable and although I always find her very rewarding she is not a favorite of mine as Killing Fields.

I think it would be a awsome combo with Sannies Jack. I would smoke SJ when I need to lift up and Shackzilla when I want to come down in a roller coaster. Definately recommended!

large.5b185bd6840d5_03-SZ.JPG.ceec9f7f04

large.5b185bd4731a1_03-SZ.JPG.104ce27d30

Lady Cane

Lady Cane has been always on my list and I was so sad that she never appeared in the shop again. Then I discovered the Lady Cane of Cannabella Seed Club called G13xSSH. This smoke report is based on their version of Lady Cane.

I have to say Lady Cane is a well bred stable strain. From ten seeds I had 6 females and they were all pretty similar. Also they rooted quite fast and had a moderate stretch for a sativa. The aroma was very citric lemony with hazy and incense notes but mainly lemony. One pheno had almoast this gluey smell like Uhu, a glue we have in germany, and it reminded me of our kindergarden times and you had to handicraft stuff with paer and glue.

The effect is very cler and sativa like. It gives you a strong up feeling without being so trippy. I was honestly a bit disappointed! It is a good quality weed and I don't want to shit on anyones plate, but I like sativas also for their trippyness and I was missing this as well as a bit tingling body sensations. One might get the impression that the Shackzilla has to much body for me while Lady Cane not enough. For me Killing Fields is the golden middle. To be fair I must point out that Cannabella Seed Club wrote that it is a very clear sativa high and this is what I got from all the phenos. It was not my cup of tea and I did not keep any clone (I crossed it though, but let's see whether it worked).

A friend of mine with a small tent got some different phenos of her from me and he loved her. It was mainly the aroma that impressed him the most but also the high was appealing to him as he does not smoke often. Also other friends loved her, especially with the good whether for outdoors. It is a good strain and as CSC promised, just make sure you really want such a high. I think the effect should not be taken as a weakness, rather as something special and specialities do not always appeal to everyone. i wonder whether Esko's Lady Cane would have met my expectations!?!

Lady Cane #9

large.5b185aa043c77_07-LC9.JPG.1397f0d71large.5b185a9debf12_07-LC9.JPG.05201d6fe

Lady Cane #2

large.5b185a9851e64_01-LC2.JPG.d17861dcf

large.5b185a93bd2bd_01-LC2ca.JPG.4bf2c54

ShackxAfghanSkunk #2

I already said that I think these freebees could become a long-term offer in Sannie's Shop! To lay the cards open on the table my expertese lays not with 50/50 hybrids but I do see real potential here. As the Anesthesia is gone and some people seem to miss her. They should give this one a chance! These plants pretty much grow by themselves, quite easy ones!

I had two phenos, one leaning more to the Shackside and one more to the AfghanSkunk. This one is more AfghanSkunk. The aroma is a complex one of spicy peppery hazeyness, but of a old-school character,  mixed with a lemony skunky funk to it. A friend said it has pepper, freshness like green herbs, lemon and cheese. I did not really get the cheese part, but people always associate quite different things and I don't take my impression as less subjective than hers. It will please older smokers because of some old-school flavors but also folks who are mainly kush-fanatics liked this one.

The effect is a strong one and I mainly smoke it before bed. There is nevertheless also some nice trippy parts in the smoke, giving your brain a slight spinn while your body feels pretty relaxed. I had from both phenos this feeling of a soft stream going from my head to the end of my toes, always a very pleasent tickle and joy for me. For me it is not the smoke that will lobotomise you into a chair, which I can rarely enjoy, but it gives you a nice relaxed feeling that calmes you down, while allowing you as well to visit the the fridge.

I would love to see a cross of the AfghanSkunk and the Godbud which is in the Purple Storm. If you are waiting for Kolosus, get some Shakzilla or an indica and take ShackAfghanSkunk, you won't be disappointed!

large.5b1859f5ba797_05-Shunk.JPG.1f94e00

large.5b1859f2a0956_05-Shunk.JPG.b8f6e03

ShackxAfghanSkunk #1

This one is more peppery spicy and reminds me a lot of my Neville's Haze from Female Seeds, just speaking of aroma and appearance. This one, unfortunately, had not such a good spot so it could have been better actually. It is nevertheless a very nice smoke and I enjoyed mostly that she has some warm body flow yet is not that trippy thus you can concentrate quite good. I think one could enjoy her when reading a book in the evening, provided that you just have a bit of it. I had from both phenos this feeling of a soft stream going from my head to the end of my toes, always a very pleasent tickle and joy for me.

The second pheno stood more out, but maybe due to a better spot as well, however, both are pretty good and I can easily recommend this strain if you know what you are going for.

large.5b18590882766_04-Shack.JPG.1a5725d

large.5b18590538ecf_04-Shack.JPG.477fd3c

Okay folks, I hope you enjoyed the pictures and descriptions and I could stimulate someone's appetite.

I wanted to post some more smoke reports because a friend here send me some very nice samples, but I had no camera and could not resist the temptation before obtaining one. I might post some short lines about it, but it's already a bit ago and then it's always hard to make a good assessment. Well I will try to move my ass...but for now I will enjoy some ShackxAfghanSkunk.

regards to all of you and especially Sannie and Esko who make growing so much more fun!

Luma

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

As always, thanks for the very detailed info bro. Great job with the pics too. I always look forward to your reports.

• Like 2

Luma,

Thanks for all the work you put into this.......very helpful for me as I am sitting on 4 seeds of the freebee Shack x AfghanSkunk and will be cracking them soon.

Peace

• Like 3

Luma, friend. As always is your smoke report so nice! So detailed, you should do it for your job ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sunnyvale said:

Luma, friend. As always is your smoke report so nice! So detailed, you should do it for your job ;)

If someone sends me some samples I will do it for free:rolleyes:

Oh I shouldnt have said that! i still owe a friend some feedback for his kindness.

However Sunny, it might take me half a year but hopefully by then some of your crosses will have made it into here!

@Justcozz Thank you for your compliments! I enjoyed your reports as well. Your NAW gear makes me salivate when sleeping! Also find it really cool that you go through the selection process with your own cross. I wanted to cross so many things already but rarely did in the end. Some day maybe I do it properly as you do.

@Billman Thank you for the nice replies! My hope the update will get some folks around here out of their lurking habits.

Enjoy the weather folks!

Luma

• Like 1

I hope it to my friend and by then, you'll got some new crosses (say someone said some Thai x Jamaican)?:rolleyes: . It's a pleassure to read your smoke reports!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Billman said:

Luma,

Thanks for all the work you put into this.......very helpful for me as I am sitting on 4 seeds of the freebee Shack x AfghanSkunk and will be cracking them soon.

Peace

If you like an old-school smoke ranging between peppery incense haze and skunk lemon pepper funk popp em all you will find your girl!

• Like 3

On 6/7/2018 at 3:41 PM, Sunnyvale said:

I hope it to my friend and by then, you'll got some new crosses (say someone said some Thai x Jamaican)?:rolleyes: . It's a pleassure to read your smoke reports!

How could I leave this one uncommented?!! With pleasure! By the way I popped two G39xJJ, but they are still just seedlings.

large.DSCF0014.JPG.7f25ddf79a03b22209908Hammer of Dawn

Hey there folks, so finally comes my HoD report. First of all I have to say that the grow was quite a messy one and the cuts just came in later than the rest. As my Barrie's SSH x BlueShaze turned out male, HoD closed the sudden gab in the tent. Yet that meant that they had to adapt to the feeding of the others, lacking 10 days behind. I harvested them day 51.

The flowers look like clusters of pistils with some foxy traits. The flowers are not that dense but could be also the result of the conditions. The smell is pineapple candy funk! It smells strong and sweet. Friends who tasted it found it very smooth, surprisingly as they just dried.

The effect is what really surprised me!! Here lays her very special charakter bare. The high is subtile, yet powerfull! The first time I smoked a little joint of it, I noticed while browsing some nice recepies that I had not even finished the joint. I was so curious about my task of preparing dinner for me and my girlfriend, that I had just forgotten about the J. Then I lit it again and finished it easily as it was so smooth. After I went for shopping. As I steped on to the street, I suddenly noticed the head pressure behind my eyes, a bit as if they might be softly squeezed out of your skull. I know some of you guys know that feeling. At the same time I felt like so stream was floating up my body into my head, lifting me up and giving me a groovy walk. As I noticed all that I felt so high as if she had sneaked op on you me to take over. I was quite unsure how it would be to do the shopping, but it was actually quite manageable! I would say the high can be very adaptive, yet I do not advice to smoke her at work. Although I could shop, I sometimes caught myself standing in front of a shelf of coconut milk, staring into the far far somewhere chasing thoughts. HoD can really change in effect quickly. On my way to the next shop, I actually quite liked the walking and buying of ingredients, I was in such a elevated mood noticing that I have not been high in such an appealing way lately. When I had to wait at a traffic light I was again drifting into far dreamy thoughts, then the light turned green and it was again easier to catch up with my stream of consciousness. I think she can be nice for walks and when going to fleemarkes and such stuff. The effect lasted around 2h and it was also a joy to cook with her.

Two days later some friends came by and i thought it was a nice opportunity to test her. I did not say anything, just to let them experience her themselves. It was funny that they were at the beginning not sure whether they were high, but then noticing  themselves how our conversations drifted into several other topics, making several u-turns until we all admit that we were quite high. Two joints were sufficient that evening to sustain ourselves. HoD is quite a social smoke I find, because she shows a really nice side of hers when you smoke in company. When smoked alone I would suggest doing something. Riding your bike can be nice too. You can enjoy her as well when chilling but then you can be easily staring at the wall, while going through a maze of thoughts.

I am very sad I did not save her. I will popp some seeds again, that is for sure. She is quite a fast flowering strain. She would have been the perfect partner for my Killing Fields #6 (8.5 weeks pheno). Also the candy smell is pretty appealing, this smoke won't go unnoticed!! Also this report is also a product of a small HoD J from my weekend left overs.

Good work NAW!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 7/31/2018 at 2:27 PM, Sunnyvale said:

Yes nice my friend. And as always, a good report. I can't wait untill you report SugerSlap

Thanks! I can not wait either!!!:verrygood