•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Weak_Lungs

First stages of the house of Jane

Hey fellow growers and showers.

Forgive me for my absence, it has been one of those weeks. It seams that I can't strike a good work/home balance at the moment, and it is becoming fatiguing. I hope this small house of Jane I have will enable me to look at going for part-time work this year.

I'd Like to show you guys a bit more of my garden, I thought I would add some more pictures in this thread instead of the introduction I did.

The strain is apparently Jedi Kush and as it's a clone off a friend and being in an illegal state, i have no way to verify it's authenticity.

I'm using 23L rocketpots, with Canna coco.

I run the BAC mineral nutrients, my schedule in veg was (it didn't change)

2m/l of BAC grow a

2m/l of BAC grow b

2m/l of Growtek Calmax

0.8-1.0m/l of BAC Root Stim.

EC 1.6 PH 6.0

I reduced the size of my pictures down to 1/5th of their original, so we'll see how this turns out :)

This is the 2 girls in veg.

1 growlite og hood burning a solistek 600w 4k bulb

week 4

gallery_11434_4834_136657.jpg

I got a second loaner ballast from a generous friend and put the second hood to use with another bulb.

I was changing things around and trying to find what works, those big clear tubs didn't work too well for me.

week 5

gallery_11434_4834_24447.jpg

I skipped week 6 pics for some reason, probably too stoned

After I vegged out the girls for 6-7 weeks, I flipped the light schedule to 12/12 and kept them under the 4k bulbs for a few days.

The nutes so far

2m/l of BAC flower a

2m/l of BAC flower

2m/l of Growtek Calmax

1-2m/l of BAC bloom stim

Week 1

gallery_11434_4834_26820.jpg

week 2

gallery_11434_4834_223397.jpg

week 3

gallery_11434_4834_78448.jpg

and now week 4

gallery_11434_4834_255459.jpg

gallery_11434_4834_167462.jpg

gallery_11434_4834_434424.jpg

(Edit on the above image, a week 1 pic slipped in and i've swapped it back to a week 4 pic)

And here's some stem work I've been working on :D I took Rev's advice and cleaned out a fair bit of loose stuff, there is still more work to be done though.

JK1 - named adele, because I thought she was gonna be the bbw.

gallery_11434_4834_194811.jpg

JK1

gallery_11434_4834_36834.jpg

JK2 - turns out the name miss piggy suits this girl, she gobbles everything.

gallery_11434_4834_100366.jpg

JK2 - Don't be deceived by this picture, I can no longer wrap my hand around the base of the trunk. It's huge.

gallery_11434_4834_45036.jpg

Here is a scale picture, unfortunately in Cm's not inches haha

gallery_11434_4834_264560.jpg

Last but not least is my veg room. I'm hoping to make the flower room the veg room eventually and build a new flower room with double if not triple the floor space.

We have a lumigrow 325 in there at the moment from another generous friend. We also have a big bubblegum ready to go, and some more jedi clones.

gallery_11434_4834_60248.jpg

and under normal white light

gallery_11434_4834_146357.jpg

I'm wondering weather or not I should put the second lumigrow in the flower room, just to go 'all out' so to speak. Heat is becoming an issue being in summer. My flower room is roughly 32C at the moment with 72%RH and I can't really bring either of those down, without increasing my power bill with a/c (I wish)

I have been learning about white fly, I've had a small infestation for a while but it is becoming a problem now and I have to work out how to eradicate them. I have been using scaridfly but tonight I bought some eco oil which is supposed to be good. So I will test spray a small patch under the canopy and see how it goes.

feel free to drop some bombs or advice, I will take it all in :)

Well I'm off to water them now, I'll check back in within a few hours.

WL

• Like 7

aaah wow just ridiculous mayne :D

really love your invention to give water for you Airpots, think I'll have to steal that one day...

good luck!! seems like this is gonna nice :D

did you mention the strain(s) somewhere? think I looked over that..

very nice,W_L :tu

......really love your invention to give water for you Airpots, think I'll have to steal that one day...

......have to second that :pi_lightbulb:

Thank Miami, I was going to go for a larger pot originally and I'm glad I didn't, I would have run out of room by now for sure.

Thank you Sativani, I spend way way too much time in there, I had to try something to help speed up handwatering process :D

I am growing out a Jedi Kush or so they say mate. It came from a friend who got it from a shop, so who knows really. smells really nice right now.

Thanks for the compliment, my lady-friend thought I was insane building my 'irrigation' hahaha.

Thank you for the kind words Saxo. :)

This is my first time growing and I'm actually amazed that I'm keeping them alive. I'm only half way into flowering so I could still make a few errors.

• Like 1

Looking mint WL, nice cleanup underneath the skirts on those lady's, they'll pay you back with huge titties.

The Adele/bbw thing made me choke on my coffee…well played!

RM

• Like 1

Nice grow Weak Lungs... looking really good. Great prune job on those ladies, as well... now the plant can direct its growth to where it needs it.. up top!

My flower room is roughly 32C at the moment with 72%RH and I can't really bring either of those down, without increasing my power bill with a/c (I wish)

I have been learning about white fly, I've had a small infestation for a while but it is becoming a problem now and I have to work out how to eradicate them. I have been using scaridfly but tonight I bought some eco oil which is supposed to be good. So I will test spray a small patch under the canopy and see how it goes.

This could turn into a disaster for you and your plants with the high heat & humidity you have in your growroom... it is the PERFECT environment for those whiteflies to take control of your grow, wreck or kill your plants and 'sooty mold' can grow from the 'honeydew' they secrete. All bad things man!! Sure, you could spray them off the leaves using water or use some sort of reflective mulch, but these things don't keep infestations from happening.

I dealt with a severe infestation in a greenhouse last season.. it was pretty bad and I lost some plants. I usually have a few yellow sticky traps hanging around, but ran out of them... they're good for letting you know what's creeping/flying around in your garden. I found that using a shop-vac or similar vacuum to suck up those little bastards works pretty good, so does spraying insecticidal soaps or getting live beneficial insects, ladybugs, green lacewings, whitefly parasitic wasps. Companion planting works well too, if you don't mind growing other plants in with your pot... nasturtiums, French and Mexican marigolds will keep these pests away with their fragrances(marigolds also keep harmful nematodes away from outdoor gardens too). Essential plant oils, peppermint, clove, sesame, ect. work for killing whiteflies and other pests too and are totally natural. Pesticides don't work very well, because whiteflies are very resilient and quickly develop immunities with even the harshest chemicals.

If you've ever grown pot outdoors and have seen a hummingbird scanning your plants, they're simply looking for insects to eat... and hummers love to eat whiteflies!!

Keep it green!

DesertGrown

Thank you Robo, I am really excited for harvest. I will finally be able to know what I am smoking :D

Thank you Reverend, It has made a huge difference all ready :) Hope you didn't spill any coffee mate haha

Thank you DesertGrown, what a wealth of information. I never thought of a vacuum cleaner to be honest. I will get in there tonight with a low power shop-vac and try get most of the bastards out. I'm interested in the French Marigolds also, the look amazing and planting them outside right next to my intake would probably do the trick. I can also have a single Marigold planted in a small pot which I could move from indoor to out. I was also thinking about buying or trying to catch some beneficial bugs to throw in there too.

I sprayed a small test patch with some garlic spray I made at home, but it left a residue on the leaves and I didn't want to risk it. I also tried a small test spray of eco-oil last night, we will see if it did any damage tonight. It has 8.5g/l of emulsifiable botanical oils as it's active ingredient, whatever the hell that means :lol: but it's safe for edible plant's which is my biggest concern.

I have peppermint growing outdoors in a herb garden, do you think a homebrew mint spray would work? I'm really trying to stay away from harsh chemical if i can avoid it all together. Thanks again for your words of wisdom.

@Weak_Lungs nice growing Bro, I see we're in the same part of the world, so heat and humidity is a killer right now! Hope you get on top of the whitefly... Mitre 10 have sticky fly strips etc.

I like your watering device, but have a look at the Blumat watering system, I just used it for my Coco/Rocket pot grow, and it was a lifesaver, and I think it is partly responsible for the hefty 18-19oz yield I got from 3 Autos... not that expensive, either.... less than 50 bucks.

Good luck with the rest of the summer man, anything like this last weekend, and it's gonna be hard work!

Thank you wrecks :)

Thank you teetee, I read through your thread and I liked what I saw, 19oz is awesome. I hope to hit a number like that but we will see, the heat is killing me :(

Funny you mention the blumats, I have the exact same set as you. I just need to stop being lazy and figure out how to do my reservoir :lol:. I don't have enough room to store 1-2 60lt drums inside my actual grow house.

I need to work out how to make a nute reservoir in a garage, not look like a nute reservoir in a garage. I can plumb the blumat through my walls no problem.

I will be taking more pic's in about 3-4 days for the start of week 5. I am thinking of adding canna pk13/14 into the mix possibly as early as tomorrow night.

I tried blumats for a while, one stuck on and I nearly had a flood, fortunately I keep my plants in trays and the one that failed didn't quite overflow.

needless to say I don't use blumats anymore

Stay Safe

BalzOut

• Like 1

I sprayed a small test patch with some garlic spray I made at home, but it left a residue on the leaves and I didn't want to risk it. I also tried a small test spray of eco-oil last night, we will see if it did any damage tonight. It has 8.5g/l of emulsifiable botanical oils as it's active ingredient, whatever the hell that means :lol: but it's safe for edible plant's which is my biggest concern.

I have peppermint growing outdoors in a herb garden, do you think a homebrew mint spray would work? I'm really trying to stay away from harsh chemical if i can avoid it all together. Thanks again for your words of wisdom.

Make sure the leaf temps are below 85F when spraying them, higher temps can cause spotting/discoloration on your leaves or do more serious damage to them.

Essential oils can kill/repel and are bad for many types of non-beneficial & flying insects, won't harm many beneficial insects and is good for you in many ways. A couple drops of the proper oil in a spray bottle and you're set.

Here's a short list for problem pests:

Ants - peppermint, spearmint

Aphids - cedarwood, hyssop, peppermint, spearmint

Caterpillars - peppermint, spearmint

Chiggers - lavender, lemongrass, sage, thyme

Cutworms - sage, thyme

Fleas - peppermint, lavender, lemongrass, spearmint

Flies - lavender, peppermint, rosemary, sage

Gnats - cedarwood, patchouli, spearmint

Mites - peppermint, spearmint

Moths - cedarwood, hyssop, lavender, peppermint, spearmint

Ticks - lavender, lemongrass, sage, thyme

These are just a few, of the many oils that can be used, also, for all you Guerrilla growers out there... a couple of drops of certain oils on your clothes can keep certain bugs(like fleas, ticks) from biting you altogether.

There are many, many essential oils to choose from. Essential oils aren't just for aromatherapy anymore... but it does smell good when you're done spraying.

Keep it green!

DesertGrown

• Like 2

Thank you Balzasteel, fingers crossed I don't run into that problem, but thanks for pointing that out. I'll definitely be keeping a close eye on things for a few days after installation.

Thanks for dropping in again DesertGrown. I guess I will be heading down to the local candle shop to get some essential oils tomorrow then :) I picked up some marigold seeds on the weekend, will take a little while to get them established (if i don't kill them)

Flush tonight, PK tomorrow. :D

Marigolds are really easy to germinate... cover seeds with an 1/8 inch soil and water. If soil temps are between 60 - 75F, it will take approx 2 weeks for the seeds to germinate, if the soil temps are between 75 - 82F, the seeds will germinate in approx 1 week. Marigolds and other companion plants not only add color to the growing areas, but they also attract beneficial insects that will prey upon the problem insects. There are very few insects that can stand the fragrance of marigolds.

Here's some other information I haven't shared in quite a while...

Herbs; Chinese parsley (in leaf form it's known as Cilantro, in seed form it's the spice Coriander),Dill, Garlic and Chives are all companion plants that are noted for their ability to repel spider mites. Garlic and Chives work very well on repelling red spider mites.

Flowers; Chrysanthemums (natural pyrethrum), Shasta Daisy. Shasta Daisy attracts beneficial insects that feed on spider mites, like predatory mites and pirate bugs.

Vegetables; Leek, Onion and Rhubarb will all repel spider mites.

There are other plantings that can be done, but I can't seem to remember them right now... I'll see if I can find my old "companion" papers.

I hope this is helpful to someone.

Keep it green!

DesertGrown

• Like 1

It would be very interesting if you could find your papers DesertGrown, You should sticky that information somewhere on the site.

I will be starting my vege patch later this year I will be coming back for a re-read over everything you have posted. :)

Small update this week. Week 5. I added canna pk13/14 4 days ago, no real change I have noticed just yet. Not sure if I missed the window by a day or two. The buds naturally started to swell about 2-3 days before I added the pk in. So I have no idea really. :rolleyes2:

I am a little disappointed in myself, I sprayed 2 very very fine mists of eco-oil above the canopy and it has dampened the aroma now. :( pretty annoyed about it.

Well to me the aroma is dampened, but my buddy came over and got smacked in the nose with the smell of the girls as soon as I opened the door, so my mind could be playing tricks on me about the smell.

Anyway here are some pictures of the girls for you perverts :lol:

The 2 twins

gallery_11434_4834_241376.jpg

Wax on

gallery_11434_4834_163798.jpg

Wax off

gallery_11434_4834_169948.jpg

Close up-ish

gallery_11434_4834_89726.jpg

And that's it for the update for this week folks. In a couple more days I phase out the PK and start the BAC F1 booster. Still waiting for my loupe and scales to arive.

The veg room is filling out quickly and I am running out of space. I can't wait for these 2 big girls to finish so I have some free space again.

WL

• Like 8