•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Daddylonglegs

Greenhouse experience needed !

Hey all, hopin for some experienced feedback..... Here's my obstacle ...

My outdoor spot this year is asking me to put a roof on it , due to paranoia ( even tho is legal) ( so much for being outdoors .....) and I was wondering what the most successful roofing options are that are being used with success.... It'll be nice to not have rain at end of season on buds, but I'm sure heat and humidity will rise ......

I saw Home Depot has corrugated green house paneling that allows 90%+ light transmission but blocks UV light... Is uv something that has to be sacrificed when roofing a plant? I tried to type in the great ultra violet light debate in search engine and it kicks back a message saying:

" One or all of your search keywords were below 4 characters or you searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords.

"- even tho none of words were abbreviated or under 4 characters lol

So.... If there is a thread to redirect to thanks, or if someone has experience to share, also thanks

Build a frame on the cheap, but sturdy and google up "greenhouse film".

Done and done. Don't use that HD shite, UV is required.

RM

• Like 1

look for pipe at a decent cost make a DIY bender i used bicycle rim and clamp to place pipe into as a jig i used a cheap 8" C clamp as for green house film i suggest 6 mill which also gives you the strength in the seams and can with stand mother natures hail and other elements

It also lasts for 5 years look for a high UV rating being UV destroys plastic rather quickly

gallery_11738_4815_9819.jpg

Thanks , very thankful for the input so I don't have to sacrifice As much as I adjust to the new variables. Ya , blocking the uv made me nervous , so film is way to go to accomplish what I need , humidity and heat drastically go up? Anything drastically need more attention when adding roof ? I'll post pics in about a month when weather breaks , it's a space about 40 x 100. Nervous about mold is all...

That looks so quality and nifty bagwell, thanks for the inspiration and for being conscious in recycling :)

Well humidity and heat goes up drastically what i did with mine is ran a rod along the very bottom and with some fucking around was able to open up the bottom of green house both sides litterally could raise it almost 5 feet with a winch type crank one side at a time

i have doors on both ends as well as a 60" fan you be shocked how fast plants grow with out direct light from the sun we even cover our poly with black mesh this will attract the heat and keep it in green house when we start up pretty much first month n change its black mesh on top of the poly end of march and still 20 below outside we still need to have furnaces on at night sucks cause i need to go out 2 - 3 times a night make sure all is good other then that your going to see great results

Thanks for the ideas, definetely have the gears turnin . In michigan outdoors must have sidewalls so no one can see plants from ground height, so Maybe I'll have like ten foot walls so I can roll up the top 3 feet and still have high enough height that plants can't be seen from ground level, like windows so to speak, hope fully that's enough with fans to move that humidity and heat around and out