•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

I have always read that f1 was more stabile and when you get to f2 is where you really start to see variation. After reading desert growns post I am confused now. Any thoughts on this from the rest of OG?

Happy birthday DG! Mines Sunday...uggh...AT LEAST I GOT NUGGGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Btw, read in anotherbthread about JOTI inbreeding god bud n such for yrs n its got weaker as such. Ive got god bud harvested and its definitely not the indica it was 10 yrs ago. His chemo actually looks better. So Idk. Ive got red heri fruit bud I just made f18s with. Lol

• Like 2

Just a crazy pollen chucking clown ! We all hated seeds until we wanted to grow from a good seed. As soon as you grow good weed, making more good seeds sounds like fun. :wave:

• Like 4

happy birthday desert grown! :D

Enjoy!! :j

• Like 1

@Dg thats wat i mean

and happy birthday to you :)

@griot

f1 is the beginning

then the work of breeding starts like i mentioned earlier in this thread

like DG explains

f1 cross (not a strain) have the most variation of pheno and geno type s of all.

its from there you isolate the plant you like to make a f2 with

you need a minimum of 50/100 F1 plants to select from.

a f1 cross is the start of making a new strain

imo a f1 cross isnt a new strain yet,

because it isn't stable yet

du to all the variation in the f1 cross

in skunkmonster his thread this(and more ) al gets explained

we can al learn from OG

and make this community a educated one

if we look at evreybody s threads and talk and learn from them together

• Like 1

You waited all day for that huh chucha? Lol I have X-ray vision

?

i dont follow you

you ask a question

you get a answer

and then this is how you react

imo a bit childish of you griot

dont ask if you cant handle the truth

No offense taken at all. My theory is this, if breeders charge $100 for a 10 pack, every gd plant better be a keeper. Im after the genetics within the strains. I dont care if a plant is short n her sis is tall. If theyre great strains, there is potential. Now, things like Yeti, Apollo 13, C99, LUI, no, no,real big selection was done. Nor are these my seeds I plan on ever selling as a strain. Mota worked apollo. Lui was an f2 by santero, again for sharing and playin with. But when I take a herijuana male and hit a few females like Selene that I did in 2011, to me thats not really pollin chuckin. U could call Bodhi a pollen chucker as half his shit is Appalachian. But youll pay $80/10. See where we are? I can get any strain on the planet usually free. Why would I not breed n share em?

• Like 5

yeah Indican! breed and share the goodness with the world (your dear Opengrowers)

And Chucha love you but and F1 is a new strain ey lol

some like it stable, some like variation i guess

• Like 2

Try holy princess x selene n see if its a plant worth havin. Mjs? How big n nice of a special plant did u get out of a 600 watt bulb? Theres just different mindsets. I had a guy on another forum, Griot will vouche, said it takes at least a 40 plant seselection to call urself a breeder lol. Yet his plants I grew sucked ass compared to mine in the same closet. So dont just believe the ol, oh it takes a huge selection blah blah bs. If u have true f1s, and ur creative, gems can be made. Are clone only crosses F1s or 2s? Gsc f2 i bet is nothin like the 1st gsc, which sucks in potency imo.

• Like 2

I think i just used my daily quota for likes in this thread :-)

Everything I have grown from Indi has been great. Exactly as he describes, always willing to answer questions about his crosses. More importantly to me, he does it for the love of the plant and shares that with us.

Looking forward to your new stuff and I for one am very thankful and glad you do what you do and share it with us.

Ps I am going to try to find that FB page haha, think you said it was private though. Pics get me googly eyed!!!

I have not posted in a while but hear me out.

Without a doubt, Indi has the knowledge and experience to predict and breed awesome F1 seeds. He has shared thousands with friends and Sannie's customers. His style is unusual and that's what we love about him.

Chucha is asking legitimate questions about breeding stable strains. @Chucha - Look at eskobar's work. I believe you will be impressed by his breeding style. Santero is the man to talk to regarding genetic history.

• Like 6

Also just took a big whiff of the blue chem x ms univ x ko x selene that I made on accident again. She smells like warm blue berry muffins with a faint ending of baby formula shits. Who knows what that means but never smelt that combo before!

• Like 1

@sinister

a clone is a selected pheno thats have become a mom

there for it s a clone only strain

for example og kush was also a clone only strain

there for there are no og kush seeds

but only crosses made with og kush

why your f1 seeds performed beter is the following reason

google heterosis it s the opposite of inbreeding depression

then you see why a f1 cross always

performs better then a f2 cross

if the parents have different genetics

the more diffrence in genetics from the parents

the more hetorosis you get in the f1 cross

there for a f1 cross performes beter then both of his parents

the more closer genetic variation in the parents

give less heterosis

its and art to create a strain that have potency yield and flavor

after the f1

put 2 proven strains together

and the f1 that s coming out of the cross,

is a winner most of the time( Du toe heterosis)

but the making of a strain only begins from there

@all i have never sad indy s crosses are bad

and i appreciate people like indy make the freebee s section possible

but making a strain can take a couple of years

there where a f1 cross only take s one round of pollinating

@bobbiro

ty for the tip

i will have a look

@all plz correct me when im wrong

I understand botany. Biology. All those classes bored me to shit in college cuz I knew all that stuff. I go for HYBRID VIGOR. Ido the same with Labradors. U keep inbreeding either, eventually recessive non,wanted traits come out. Herijuana today, even,with Sannies selective inbreeding, SUCKS compared to hero Circa 2008. Again, many reasons I dont carry lines too far. Mainly its boring as shit.

• Like 1

I like Sinister's Gear. The ones I have tried are mind bending rides, and the buds were thick and gooey. Thanks for all you do

• Like 7

Thx brutha man. I dont think anyone meant harm in the convo. And u guys that may not know, I was ripped off bad in December. I was down to,a single strain. In 6 months well over 120 strains acquired and grew or crossed. Griot has a right to trip on my behalf and his as he sent me n the fuck soooo many sought after strains. We got a few back,but gg#4 n shit, gone. That was Griots cash. Hes gonna defend me. Thats just how it is. So it really wasnt childish comments if u see the big picture, and then that kind of explains this rapid fire of crosses Im makin, er just finished. All are done. Just get the thread back,on track. I said earlier no biggie, lifes short. Grow hard lol

• Like 3

Right on brother. Hate a fucking thief. I've seen them tied up and beaten in an empty silo. Don't know you, nor did I know. But been at the game awhile. I feel ya. Good to have friends. Looking forward to giving your eggs as we call them, life.

@sinister

sry to hear a fucking thief stole everything from you

gl whit your adventure s

down to 1 strain and all your work gone

i hope when you find the dude

you give him something to remember you by

everyday when he wake up and looks in the mirror

he see you :)

good to hear you back on your feet now

gg#4 =gorrila gleu 4

i read many good things about it lately

i want to smoke and grow it

seeds are expensive tho

• Like 1

He was a member here. Fucked me. Thay aka Travis Larson. Arvada. Co. Son of Nathan n,Tanya Larson. He used to frequent rollitup durin that time but who knows. He took cash, everything down to protein powders n coffee maker. Really got me. So,yea theres tension. I stayed off og for a couple months cuz there were peeps basically on his side. So those can,lick my taint rod. Others, theyll be forever on the free seed list. Vriot sent unreleaed Dynasty shit, yes Gg#4, gorilla glue, but even,before that Griot had contributed n on,Dec 22, I was out of the house 6 hrs n came back to NOTHIN. Lil punk will be crippled if I find him. Deaths too easy out. I want his entire family to have to wipe his ass n wash his nuts for eternity cuz the mom knew he was settin,me up. Cops? Lol. A stoner got robbed. Funniest thing is he was textin,me that he ripped me as cops were there, still never found him. I found his parents house tho. Carved his name into the front door with,my frikkin knife lol. They werent home but they know I was there. Fuck em.

• Like 2

:no what a lame disrespectful asshole move from this guy...........who the fuck does that ,seriously? sounds out of this world how lame it is..

I believe karma will come right back to bite him in the ass big time and that will be sweet delight! ;)

stay safe

• Like 1

i know that stupid bitch boy must have some serious anxiety worrying about indi finding him.

more than once i've returned home to find that someone had helped themselves to my valuable possessions. it's a vile sick feeling.

it's amazing to me when anyone is ignorant enough to do shit like that and think they're going to disappear long enough for their victim to forget about it. when shit makes you that angry and emotional you don't forget, ever.

and i seriously doubt the waste of flesh has the intelligence, self discipline or resources to remain hidden for a very long time.