•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

OhWolfie

Monsanto owns General Hydroponics? WTF?

I may be a bit late to the party, but I just found out Monsanto recently bought out General Hydroponics. I would advise not using any of their products anymore. Monsanto is a leviathan, and we sould never support it. I had been using the floranova series, but no longer.

http://bigbudsmag.com/scotts-miracle-gro-buys-general-hydroponics-marijuana-growers/

• Like 3

I bet the ex General Hydroponics owners have mad skeletons in their closet. Normally those who act high and mighty do.

fuck monsanto and anything alike..i also don't buy "seramis" anymore since i heard monsanto owns this company....good stuff actually....but i dont support this evil beings

• Like 2

what can you substitute calmag+ for that isn't synthetic and full of chelated nutrients? the other calmag on the market is not organic (the label looks like it has scrabble tiles on it spelling ca mg in periodic table of elements nomenclature)

so now foxfarms and hydrofarms are owned by scott's and general hydroponics is owned by montsanto. these corporations want everybody's money, regardless of demographics and politics

what can you substitute calmag+ for that isn't synthetic and full of chelated nutrients? the other calmag on the market is not organic (the label looks like it has scrabble tiles on it spelling ca mg in periodic table of elements nomenclature)

To use in what, soil mediums or hydroponics?

This happened a lil bit ago. Been all over social media. Yea gh sucks dick,anyway. F em. The gh owner said it made since to sell. His biggest uses for gh,nutes is food, not mj, they claim. I say gh n fox farms will never ever enter,my,house again

Is there ever accurate information on pot forums ?

Scott's bought GH. Scott's makes Miracle Grow. Scott's is not Monsanto. Scott's distributes Round Up which is made by Monsanto.

• Like 1

Hmm joker however scotts is in leagues with monsanto they share patents and technologies. Same difference joker

• Like 3

A post i wrote in another forum

Sad truth is most people would be shocked who owns who when a company is incorporated you can have like 10 companies under that company but different names HERE is good one FUTURE SHOP still remains the name yet BEST BUY OWNS THEM

same thing applies with food manufacturing companies but some how it gets leaked out possibly from top end employees that get laid off or fired ,,

Remember back when you watched The Matrix for the first time and ran down to the store to buy sunglasses and a trench coat? There were so many sunglass brands to choose from: Oakley, Ray-Ban, Revo, Vogue, DKNY, and if you must have only the best, $500 designer glasses from Prada and BVLGARI (which has that V-instead-of-a-U thing, so you know it's classy like ancient Rome). All sunglasses are made by luxottica

Well, at least you get to pick between stores, right? If the people at the LensCrafters are being dicks while selling you different glasses all made by Luxottica, you can show them what you think of that by taking your business across the mall to the Pearle Vision. Or maybe the Sears or Target optical departments. Except that they are also all owned by Luxottica. Just for the sake of argument let's say that you're not a squinty-eyed nerd, so you pass by the prescription shops and go right to the Sunglass Hut. You guessed it. Luxottica.

Like an omnipresent starchy deity, corn is everywhere. Savvy consumers know that it doesn't just stop at corn on the cob. Word has gotten out that corn syrup turns up in almost every candy and soda, and is as addictive as crack. But how about Febreze? Hand sanitizers? Ethanol car fuel? That's all corn, too. Making rubber tires? You'll need corn starch. Spark plugs? Corn. Drywall? Corn. You can't build a car or a house without corn.

Whoever controls the corn controls ... maybe not the universe, but a lot of money. And the king of American corn is Monsanto, a biotech company. Unlike evil movie biotech companies -- with their dubious business models of inventing mutants or viruses that kill everyone -- Monsanto built their empire on a pretty boring one two punch: weed killer and seeds.

The weed killer, Roundup, is the biggest selling herbicide in the world. The seeds are genetically engineered corn seeds that are immune to Roundup. If you want to grow corn and kill weeds that hurt the corn, Monsanto has the best product on the market by a mile. That's why 80 percent of all corn planted in the U.S. goes into the ground with Monsanto's trademark on it.

But plants will be plants, and make more seeds, so the farmers don't have to keep buying Monsanto seeds year after year, right? Don't be silly. Monsanto's not going to let their money run away like that. Their first plan was to incorporate something called a "Terminator" (otherwise known as the "let's just stop pretending we're not evil") gene that automatically sterilizes the plant so it can't make any more seeds. Then farmers have to buy new seeds every time they plant, just like nature intended.

People objected to this quite a bit for some reason, forcing Monsanto to back down and instead just make farmers sign a contract saying that they won't use the seeds the plants make ... or else. So instead of screwing farmers with a terminator gene, they're just asking the farmers to agree to screw themselves.

So the next time you're deciding between a Coke or a Pepsi (or between a Firestone or a Goodyear), know that whichever way you go, you're buying Monsanto. You're welcome!

• Like 3

Our very large world is not as large as many think. I think.......

• Like 1

Guest Provence

Our very large world is not as large as many think. I think.......

The Octopuss Syndrome my friend....

Just google 'who owns who' and u get a little idea ;)

Almost every choice u have (votes haha, food, media etc etc) is no real choice unless u choose to dont give a Shit anymore and boykott everything belonging to the big corporations...DIY or with friends :)

Greetz!

• Like 3

@medipuffs - try blue planet nute's cal mag.

http://www.blueplanetnutrients.com/index.php/blue-planet-nutrients-products#!/Cal-Mag/c/3699186/offset=0&sort=normal

i've been using their organic line for a few months now. got a smaller yield than i'd like on the last harvest but that's almost entirely from errors on me, not the nutes.

why can't we vote corporations like monsanto off the island? any single person or group that did a fraction of the harm to the environment or was responsible for harming even a few people any where near as badly as they have to many in many ways would be doing serious time for their crimes.

i haven't yet been able to convince a farmer that uses their seed and herbicides that what they are doing is more bad than good. they are more focused on the bottom line just like their master, as well as getting spoon feed buy their insidious master that theirs is the best and only way.

their crime against the environment and how much harm they've done to people in many ways would result in

• Like 2

Ok...so someone here is correct but news n,us talkin is misinformation? Lol...Naive. This deal has been,in place awhile. The fox farms soil was changed awhile back. Notice bags dont say ORGANIC anymore. It says Simply Natural. Buy n believe what ya want but monsato has a hand in all this guys. No matter if u think u know all. I didnt learn,bout this shit on forums. Its called NEWS.

• Like 3

I guess maybe I hate society, because I figure it is our fault to begin with for creating the demand for more stuff...cheaper. We open the door wide for the Monsanto's of the world to step in, and then they go ballistic.

Hasn't greed become a virtue, nowadays?

Go, Monsanto, go! lol

• Like 2

Greed Wrecks? I dont know ANY GREEDY SUMBITCHES! Well I knew 1. Cost me all I owned.

I say nuke Monsatos facilities. Period.

• Like 1

Greed Wrecks? I dont know ANY GREEDY SUMBITCHES! Well I knew 1. Cost me all I owned.

I say nuke Monsatos facilities. Period.

I guess maybe I hate society, because I figure it is our fault to begin with for creating the demand for more stuff...cheaper. We open the door wide for the Monsanto's of the world to step in, and then they go ballistic.

Hasn't greed become a virtue, nowadays?

Go, Monsanto, go! lol

At the end of the day who really cares the food we eat today is not rich enough in nutrients cold this be why Soy beans are in almost everything ...

In one hand people scream about monsanto on other hand these people do not have a problem shopping at Walmart ...

where child hard labor is being used no problem with that most everyone flock there for there items

• Like 1

I think most people will gripe. Some people will try to find an alternative and may or maynot go back and some people wont fix what is not broke for them and so if the end product does not change the effectiveness of their end product. They truelly will not care. Thats pretty much just human nature i thinks.

I think that if we want to get these huge corporations off of our backs, we can't rely on the government to do it. We can't petition our congressmen, because they are in the back pocket of corporations like Monsanto and Wal Mart. The only way to defeat them is to quit buying their shit, and start growing our own food, making our own compost, etc... We have gotten into this mess by trusting slimy scumbags to be honest.

When we stop needing them, they will go by the wayside. Maybe every typical braindead consumer out there won't stop buying GMO's and supporting the problem, but we can.

Cut the fucker's head off (not literally). Take it's source of strength, which is our support.

• Like 4

Problem with that is governments get money from these corporate giants , if Gasoline was to go up 80 percent tomorrow, people would scream,, some may park there cars, and take other routes to get to work and most will eat it up and still pay that amount for gas

Same thing applies here in a sense , People have been screaming at monsato in one way or another has there sales hurt ??? not one bit appears they got lots of money to purchase GH ...

Governments , corporations will always win you mention well everyone should grow there own food ,, See then some corporate company will donate millions of campaign money,,, in turn to make some by law that you cannot do it .

See what i am getting at ????

Some stupid law like you cannot collect rain water which some states actually have in place , or mineral rights if you do not have mineral rights you can not grow on your property , its a pretty fucked up game that we as civilians will lose to government or corporations

How bout this i own 2 -3 acres that i build my home on out skirts of a city ,, just finished spending 50 - 60 k to finish basement

yet Get letter yesterday stating i have a certain time to have final grade , done as well as land scape all done before said time or i get fined

its my property i can have mounds of soil if i wanted or can I ???? obviously as a property owner someone still tells me what i can or cannot do or have on my property

Its all fucked up really

• Like 1

i could never live anywhere with an hoa dictating every little thing a bout your home and property. one of my sisters has constant prblms with hers. i can't let my grass go uncut or leave a large amount of trash in the yard. i'll get a letter or visit reminding me that i can be fined for it. but that's nothing compared to the crazy bs she gets, like if my niece leaves a skate board or soccer ball out side they'll get a letter that it could be a hazard and looks bad. she's been getting at least a letter a week for more than a decade giving directions, orders and reprimands for every little shit detail dealing with their property.

sorry that's nothing to do with monsanto being an evil punt of a corporation.