•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

OhWolfie

Monsanto owns General Hydroponics? WTF?

A post i wrote in another forum

Sad truth is most people would be shocked who owns who when a company is incorporated you can have like 10 companies under that company but different names HERE is good one FUTURE SHOP still remains the name yet BEST BUY OWNS THEM

same thing applies with food manufacturing companies but some how it gets leaked out possibly from top end employees that get laid off or fired ,,

Remember back when you watched The Matrix for the first time and ran down to the store to buy sunglasses and a trench coat? There were so many sunglass brands to choose from: Oakley, Ray-Ban, Revo, Vogue, DKNY, and if you must have only the best, $500 designer glasses from Prada and BVLGARI (which has that V-instead-of-a-U thing, so you know it's classy like ancient Rome). All sunglasses are made by luxottica

Well, at least you get to pick between stores, right? If the people at the LensCrafters are being dicks while selling you different glasses all made by Luxottica, you can show them what you think of that by taking your business across the mall to the Pearle Vision. Or maybe the Sears or Target optical departments. Except that they are also all owned by Luxottica. Just for the sake of argument let's say that you're not a squinty-eyed nerd, so you pass by the prescription shops and go right to the Sunglass Hut. You guessed it. Luxottica.

Like an omnipresent starchy deity, corn is everywhere. Savvy consumers know that it doesn't just stop at corn on the cob. Word has gotten out that corn syrup turns up in almost every candy and soda, and is as addictive as crack. But how about Febreze? Hand sanitizers? Ethanol car fuel? That's all corn, too. Making rubber tires? You'll need corn starch. Spark plugs? Corn. Drywall? Corn. You can't build a car or a house without corn.

Whoever controls the corn controls ... maybe not the universe, but a lot of money. And the king of American corn is Monsanto, a biotech company. Unlike evil movie biotech companies -- with their dubious business models of inventing mutants or viruses that kill everyone -- Monsanto built their empire on a pretty boring one two punch: weed killer and seeds.

The weed killer, Roundup, is the biggest selling herbicide in the world. The seeds are genetically engineered corn seeds that are immune to Roundup. If you want to grow corn and kill weeds that hurt the corn, Monsanto has the best product on the market by a mile. That's why 80 percent of all corn planted in the U.S. goes into the ground with Monsanto's trademark on it.

But plants will be plants, and make more seeds, so the farmers don't have to keep buying Monsanto seeds year after year, right? Don't be silly. Monsanto's not going to let their money run away like that. Their first plan was to incorporate something called a "Terminator" (otherwise known as the "let's just stop pretending we're not evil") gene that automatically sterilizes the plant so it can't make any more seeds. Then farmers have to buy new seeds every time they plant, just like nature intended.

People objected to this quite a bit for some reason, forcing Monsanto to back down and instead just make farmers sign a contract saying that they won't use the seeds the plants make ... or else. So instead of screwing farmers with a terminator gene, they're just asking the farmers to agree to screw themselves.

So the next time you're deciding between a Coke or a Pepsi (or between a Firestone or a Goodyear), know that whichever way you go, you're buying Monsanto. You're welcome!

You did not write that, Bagwell.

Your interpunction is different.

• Like 1

just another reason to start some base soil and learn organics. I have been hydro for years, and ran GH, AN, and others, all the salts seem to work good and produce results. Been studying organics and reading lots of threads and been thinking hard about going back to dirt and will be trying this real soon.

Hell, Monsanto probably has their hand in all the base minerals anyways, not sure if anyone can get away from that multi tentacled bohemoth.

Started a compost pile recently to put all my monsanto gmo'd scraps to feed a worm bin I will be constructing in a few more weeks, so that inevitably that worm crap can feed my plants, but I wonder If worms are eating monsanto'd and gmo'd scraps, will their crap still be considered organic?? I hope so....

Ethics eh??

I do agree that it is not a great situation but seriously none of the nutes/composts sold for cannabis growing industry are ethical.

Many companies unrelated to monsanto use rare and depleted minerals and ingrediants(bat shit /peat etc etc),so where does your ethics stop?

Going completely organic(while keeping an eye on the source and provenance of the ammendments added including compost) is really the only ethical way to feed your plants.

But where to stop,as how far has your ' virgin organic volcano rockdust ammendment ' been flown around the world or mined for that matter to keep your garden 'organic'.

My point is i will still use GHE if i choose and i will not feel guilty about it.

Sadly there are not many products/markets in the world not dominated by multi national companies

just my 2p

• Like 2

Urban Guerilla, I don't think anyone is trying to make you feel guilty about using GH products. Personally, I don't care what people use, because I have learned over my 30 years of life that people will do what they want. I agree with you about the fact that it is sort of wasteful to have exotic amendments from some virgin mountaintop, near some tropical rainforest. I was just pointing to the fact that the people have more power than they choose to exercise.

i could never live anywhere with an hoa dictating every little thing a bout your home and property. one of my sisters has constant prblms with hers. i can't let my grass go uncut or leave a large amount of trash in the yard. i'll get a letter or visit reminding me that i can be fined for it. but that's nothing compared to the crazy bs she gets, like if my niece leaves a skate board or soccer ball out side they'll get a letter that it could be a hazard and looks bad. she's been getting at least a letter a week for more than a decade giving directions, orders and reprimands for every little shit detail dealing with their property.

sorry that's nothing to do with monsanto being an evil punt of a corporation.

That can't be true lol whos sending these letters? dod you live in a private community?

Just a thought here, didn't GH get busted for putting heavy metals in their so called organics lines a few years ago? there goes their sainthood.

to my way of thinking it doesn't really matter who's bending you over, only real difference is that some corporations will be thoughtful enough to use lube, of course they'll include the lube in your bill, at a 1000% mark up.

On the other hand I'm glad for the most part that the things these mega corps produce are available, I'm also glad that the taxes they pay make so many services available.

Stay Safe

BalzOut

Alot of them over here are Parking their 'Taxes' on Sweet little Islands...no Service here :D

Fuck anything that is Not related to humanity/caring/non profit

My2c

Greetz!

• Like 3

Fuck Monsanto and fuck their Glyphosate shit! Its poisoning us all! :wtf2: ..prooved in vers. scientific studiies. no matter what they say.

I also have GH products but i will use what is here and then never again.! I will try to more

minimize and get away from these corporate bitches as i can. Mother Nature has anything we need..

Thanks for the info..

bOOm

• Like 1

@malarkey - if you're asking who sends letters to me, it comes from town hall but is because the major of the town happens to be my neighbor. their's a town ordinance about property having to be kept up and he's ocd about it.

if you're asking who sends letters to my sister it's a couple board members of their hoa. i think their community would be considered semi-private. it's not gated at all but is several dozen homes that all pay hoa fees to keep up a community center with a pool, ball courts, tennis courts, dog park and a few playgrounds.

• Like 1

i've been happy with the switch to blue planet nutrient's organic line, if anyone is looking for alternatives to gh and others. i hope they operate on solid ethics, i haven't heard anything to make me think otherwise.

If you are a soil grower you can get around buying cal/mag by amending the soil with things like dolomite and other similiar natural sources, but if you are doing hydro you don't have much choice in the matter. There are a great many benefits and draw backs to any medium you decide to grow with, but one of the benefits of soil is that you can get around supporting corrupt, environmentally damaging corporations by simply sourcing natural materials. You can even build your soil almost entirely from waste materials that would have just been thrown away. There are of course a lot of draw backs to going this route as well which include that it is a lot more work and you can't keep your grow room nearly as sterile as you can with hydro.

I was watching a documentary the other night in which a variety of greedy, amoral people from the world of big business were being interviewed. They are literally chomping at the bit to get in on the green rush. They are too afraid to get involved in actual cannabis growing themselves, but they are eager to monopolize the market for everything involved in the process of its cultivation. This is why we are seeing the small mom and pop start-up companies that original dominated this market getting bought up by large faceless corporations.

Yeah, the fact that small mom and pop companies are going the way of the do do bird is not a good thing at all. Very sad....

I may be a bit late to the party, but I just found out Monsanto recently bought out General Hydroponics. I would advise not using any of their products anymore. Monsanto is a leviathan, and we sould never support it. I had been using the floranova series, but no longer.

http://bigbudsmag.co...ijuana-growers/

Thats so disapointing to know. Anything they get their tentracles intol is bad for us.

Monsanto SUCKS...they are the inventors of the chemicial that we VN vets are dying of. AGENT ORANGE as it is now known by.

as much as monsanto sucks, it wasn't monsanto that dropped it on ya, it was the jackasses who paid Monsanto to make it in the first place.

SS

BalzOut

• Like 1

With probably over 70 percent of the foods we buy at the super markets containing GMO's we sure became hypocrites in a hurry one minute people are screaming about pesticides used in agriculture , and lets face it were talking chemical pesticides which many can say is poison literally..

But lets not forget even Organic licensed farmers use chemical poisons that are allowed in organic farming double standard don't you think ???

what one country allows for organic pesticide treatment in another country might be against the law so really where does the line start or finish ...

So with GMO's its made to use less pesticides more or less make the plant resistant to infestations of bad insects or disease

again ironic one way they spray crops with poison other way is make plant repel insects or disease hmm interesting

Curious on how many people are health buffs on this site ??? cause that power drink or soy based protein drink is 100 percent GMO

what about the bread who here eats bread again GMO

Who here enjoys the perfect BBQ steak ?? or pork chops Anyone ???? chicken

YUP GMO by product mmmmmm got to love a good mouth watering steak i know i do .. yum yum

With the average family being what 3 - 4 people i have read that it takes about 2 - 3 acres per person to sustain himself for a year growing i guess what about animal grazing ???? but for the life of me i cannot see to feed a cow calf you need 1.8 acres is one cow enough to feed your family all year ??? i think not your going to need min 2 - 3 cows lets not forget milk cows into the equation , and a Bull so now you need over 20 acres to sustain your self , and your family but hell what about cross contamination of GMO's some where down the line Your next door neighbor's farm ??? may- be that feed you buy to feed your bull and dairy cows over winter is contaminated

Only those in western society enjoy such luxuries.... This is in part, why some parts of the planet dislike western society.... Especially when we act all high and mighty... Could be said we are the pest and rarely does a pest actually fix itself... It will not get better...... though better is subjective.

oh it'll get better, when people get better, me, I'm not going to hold my breath

Stay safe

BalzOut

Does anyone know the Story about the haitian People burning down all the seeds they got from monsanto after te heavy earthquake?

The People rather die than take any Shit from these bastards! This is the right way to go.

You dont Need so much space to get the right amount of food for you just look up 'urban gardening' and u get an idea...in a good community you can absolutly be independent.

You just have to get rid of 'i need this'n that'...you dont need almost anything out there advertised ;)

Just Look around and support local People if they deserve it...i eat Perfect bbq Steaks without gmo :)

Greetz!

Not sure if its true or false but thinking if they did do it it would of stopped USA from sending anymore aid to them probably

Hell if i owned monsato and they did that ????

i would laugh and say publicly Starve you fuckers ,, would it hurt the business for sayin it ??? not one bit lol but thats just me again i gave you seed to start over remember FREE seed this does not mean next year you are forced to grow saame seed but atleast you will better odds of having a harvest, then not

With USA being the number 1 donor in humanitarian aid whats the odds of the soya based canned foods , bags of flour being GMO ??? lol

i would place bets 100 percent sure it has it

Do you think for 1 min you have a choice what you can eat or drink at a time of crisis ,, you will eat what ever humanitarian aid brings you or your going to die.. that simple

with death all around you not only contaminates waters it brings disease period

with crops destroyed mid season ??? there is no seeds to plant for next so if we were just to let these people alone with out water food that 300,000 people dead could easily be 3 milion pluss

Karma how do you know you eat 100 percent untainted meat of some kind ??? unless you fed it your self its the only way

Even farmers realize to stay alive they need to pump steroids / vitamins into there cows to meat weight per cow

you ever wonder when you drive by a elementary school or high school you see young women with huge knockers could that be from the easy cheap steroid pumped chicken out there ??? probably

cause when i went to school there was a few women with big knockers now there everywhere

• Like 1

With probably over 70 percent of the foods we buy at the super markets containing GMO's we sure became hypocrites in a hurry one minute people are screaming about pesticides used in agriculture , and lets face it were talking chemical pesticides which many can say is poison literally..

But lets not forget even Organic licensed farmers use chemical poisons that are allowed in organic farming double standard don't you think ???

what one country allows for organic pesticide treatment in another country might be against the law so really where does the line start or finish ...

So with GMO's its made to use less pesticides more or less make the plant resistant to infestations of bad insects or disease

again ironic one way they spray crops with poison other way is make plant repel insects or disease hmm interesting

Curious on how many people are health buffs on this site ??? cause that power drink or soy based protein drink is 100 percent GMO

what about the bread who here eats bread again GMO

Who here enjoys the perfect BBQ steak ?? or pork chops Anyone ???? chicken

YUP GMO by product mmmmmm got to love a good mouth watering steak i know i do .. yum yum

With the average family being what 3 - 4 people i have read that it takes about 2 - 3 acres per person to sustain himself for a year growing i guess what about animal grazing ???? but for the life of me i cannot see to feed a cow calf you need 1.8 acres is one cow enough to feed your family all year ??? i think not your going to need min 2 - 3 cows lets not forget milk cows into the equation , and a Bull so now you need over 20 acres to sustain your self , and your family but hell what about cross contamination of GMO's some where down the line Your next door neighbor's farm ??? may- be that feed you buy to feed your bull and dairy cows over winter is contaminated

Some pretty sketchy info you are putting across there my friend.

First off, its foolish to think you NEED cattle or any type of livestock to feed a family of any size. Secondly, your numbers are so far off from reality its not even funny. 2-3 acres to feed a family? How in the world did you even come up with that?

Do a little research and you will see how far off from the truth you really are. It can be done with a little planning and effort on much less than an acre, and even in a totally urban area. Non GMO Seeds are still plentiful thankfully..and if you grow your own produce you can harvest 1000s of non gmo seeds every season to keep the cycle going. Its a simple solution to a massive problem.

The 'its too hard' or 'its impractical or too expensive' are just pure good ol American laziness. Anyone and everyone can do it, for much cheaper than your yearly grocery costs.. Its just a matter of making the effort, which America has little interest in, as theyd much rather spend their time making excuses.

If the goal is to derail Monsanto, everyone who is capable needs to produce a portion of their own food or at the very least not purchase products that fatten the wallets of Monsanto. Everyone has a choice

It Doesn't take lots of space to produce seeds but to produce food it does wy do you think the big concern is on agicultural land these days were running out of farmers are topped they cannot produce any more then they already do

you have to think about it for a min,,,, how much grazing land does a cow need to eat in a year what about winter months for that cow then you need dairy product MILK , CREAM so then again you need more grazing land to free feed in summer what about feed for winter ???? were taking totally sustaining your self from the outside world

a cow needs 1.8 acres to graze its not about the amount the cow eats but whats left from the grazing remember its about animal performance if you do not have sufficient, vitamin rich forage the cow will suffer and also being grown naturally forage changes from year to year ...

here a average american

• The average American is 36.6 years old and eats 1,996.3 lbs. of food per year. The average man is 5'9” and weighs 190 lbs. The average woman is 5'4” and weighs 164 lbs. 73.6 lbs. of poultry, including 60.4 lbs. of chicken

• So one cow could sustain a family but if a person eats almost 2000 lbs of food including greens how much land you think it takes to make 6000 pounds of food for a family of 3 1 acre ??? i find that real hard i have a garden in my back yard grow the normal onions , potatoes , lettuce, beats etc it does not cover me for a full year by DEC i am already buying 50 pound bags of potatoes , onions let alone other greens...I honestly think a for one person min 1 acre is needed that is just to grow fruits n vegetables , nuts herbs etc anything less then a acre i think your rolling the dice i mean lets say there was no outside food would you bet you family lifes on growing your crop on less then a acre ?
  • Lets look at potatoes they say average person eats 140 pounds of potatoes 1 potato plant produces 3 - 4 pounds thats 47 plants you have family of 3 that's 141 plants how much space will that take ???? i grew 12 plants in a 5 x 10 area now u need space for 141 plants thats 600 sq feet for potatoes but lets not forget that 100o pound cow is eatting 900 pounds a month of graze forage

It's much easier in our economy/system to work and buy what one needs. If everybody grew their own produce or even most people it would hurt the small mom and pop organic markets/farms much more than mega corps like Monsanto who can just lobby for tax breaks and financial relief.

you'd be looking at massive unemployment in every stage of food production/ marketing as well as in support industries as so many people would have less to spend.

And rampant disease/ infestation in crops as pests that have had tens of thousands of generations to breed resistance to pesticides thrive in home grown crops where amatuer gardners would lack the skills/know how to diagnose and treat infestations which would then spread.

It's easy to dis mega corps like monsanto for doing sketchy stuff to make a profit, but how many growers here regularly sell weed that has been treated with all kinds of chemical crap?

yes the megacorps who make the shit say on the bottle that it's safe if used correctly, so why the hell would you believe it if mega corps are evil? Because it's only evil if someone else is doing it maybe?

and how many growers actually use the stuff correctly, like growers aren't going to treat bugs with whatever they have to to get the cash crop in.

And what's wrong with making a profit, do you think that sannie sells his seeds at cost? do you really think theres a single cash cropper on this forum that doesn't sell for at least 10 times his cost?

People go on and on about how bad GMO's are, well companies like exxon, budweiser, ford, chevy, cigaret makers, etc. cause much more damage to the environment and or humans as well as illnesses, injuries, death, etc.

you want to make a difference? give up your vehicle, can you imagine how unhealthy crops grown near a major highway are? Yeah, like that's going to happen, most people are too busy bitching about what others are or aren't doing to actually make any sacrifice/effort to make a difference themselves, lol, I'd bet my last dollar that 90% of the the people on this forum don't even bother to vote.

OK, all done ranting now.

Stay Safe

BalzOut

• Like 1

Figures is just information and not knowledge. ha ha. inside joke on that kinda.

What one really needs to live is far different than what one wants to survive. You take a person from a 3rd world country and just try to live a month in their shoes. You will realize what pigs we all are in western society. (excluding Amish and the like)

Playing games and acting all superior is what has gotten all of us hated by part of the world, they see your arguements as hypocritical as you enjoy many other aspects of your society that is problematic and yet you do nothing, but your panties are gonna get all wadded up over this. The fact that many people do not get this, only stirs more hate against us.

In the end its about money and were the fools with it, though someone forgot to tell me about that part, and thus those who want to part our money from us will keep finding ways to entice it from us and when they do this by sounding smart with economic charts that allows big money to pat themselves on the back believing they are doing good. Well, the view against this is gonna lose.

Reality, humanity will get farther and farther from nature regardless if we like it or not. How far do we embrace this and how fast is the only question. I believe it does not need to be at the speed or reasoning as it is today but it is human nature to go this direction I believe.

I wish I knew or could act like I knew an answere but acting all high and mighty on the issue simply illustrates us as ignorant and unless the aspect that drives that desire to create such things throughout our society than the issue and others like it will continue to come. It is our greed that drives this in its simplist form.

• Like 2

It's much easier in our economy/system to work and buy what one needs. If everybody grew their own produce or even most people it would hurt the small mom and pop organic markets/farms much more than mega corps like Monsanto who can just lobby for tax breaks and financial relief.

you'd be looking at massive unemployment in every stage of food production/ marketing as well as in support industries as so many people would have less to spend.

And rampant disease/ infestation in crops as pests that have had tens of thousands of generations to breed resistance to pesticides thrive in home grown crops where amatuer gardners would lack the skills/know how to diagnose and treat infestations which would then spread.

It's easy to dis mega corps like monsanto for doing sketchy stuff to make a profit, but how many growers here regularly sell weed that has been treated with all kinds of chemical crap?

yes the megacorps who make the shit say on the bottle that it's safe if used correctly, so why the hell would you believe it if mega corps are evil? Because it's only evil if someone else is doing it maybe?

and how many growers actually use the stuff correctly, like growers aren't going to treat bugs with whatever they have to to get the cash crop in.

And what's wrong with making a profit, do you think that sannie sells his seeds at cost? do you really think theres a single cash cropper on this forum that doesn't sell for at least 10 times his cost?

People go on and on about how bad GMO's are, well companies like exxon, budweiser, ford, chevy, cigaret makers, etc. cause much more damage to the environment and or humans as well as illnesses, injuries, death, etc.

you want to make a difference? give up your vehicle, can you imagine how unhealthy crops grown near a major highway are? Yeah, like that's going to happen, most people are too busy bitching about what others are or aren't doing to actually make any sacrifice/effort to make a difference themselves, lol, I'd bet my last dollar that 90% of the the people on this forum don't even bother to vote.

OK, all done ranting now.

Stay Safe

BalzOut

Figures is just information and not knowledge. ha ha. inside joke on that kinda.

What one really needs to live is far different than what one wants to survive. You take a person from a 3rd world country and just try to live a month in their shoes. You will realize what pigs we all are in western society. (excluding Amish and the like)

Playing games and acting all superior is what has gotten all of us hated by part of the world, they see your arguements as hypocritical as you enjoy many other aspects of your society that is problematic and yet you do nothing, but your panties are gonna get all wadded up over this. The fact that many people do not get this, only stirs more hate against us.

In the end its about money and were the fools with it, though someone forgot to tell me about that part, and thus those who want to part our money from us will keep finding ways to entice it from us and when they do this by sounding smart with economic charts that allows big money to pat themselves on the back believing they are doing good. Well, the view against this is gonna lose.

Reality, humanity will get farther and farther from nature regardless if we like it or not. How far do we embrace this and how fast is the only question. I believe it does not need to be at the speed or reasoning as it is today but it is human nature to go this direction I believe.

I wish I knew or could act like I knew an answere but acting all high and mighty on the issue simply illustrates us as ignorant and unless the aspect that drives that desire to create such things throughout our society than the issue and others like it will continue to come. It is our greed that drives this in its simplist form.

Agreed 100 percent i sickens me to think how people just blast them for gentically altering seeds to grow in deserts ,/ harsh climates or be more disease tolerant there bad real bad , there the Frankenstein of seeds , But guess what they are making a difference feeding more people bringing in larger harvests feeding the starving

I would rather have them doing it then some god dam solicitor or commercial asking for your money to save the starving ,,, how much of that donation money actually goes to them probably less then 3 percent where does the rest of the money go ???

med_gallery_11738_4880_1822.jpg

ts like slamming a pharma company for there ways yet when they do find the cure for cancer you will be one of the first in line to save a family member seriously if they feed the starving then i will support monsanto 100 percent