•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Bodderas

Original Blueberry

Ok guy's I keep asking myself why don't we have original Blueberry in Sannie's shop, not on about BB Sativa, etc, or True BB, I'm on about the couloured, Blue, Purple, red?pink flowers, that give you that real heavy narcotic buzz with heavy eye lids, and a smile from earth to heaven, :)

I noticed Esko, put alot of money, and some time and effort into giving seeeds, to people clones in return for the perfect BB batch of seeds. It just seems like such a waste, I think this forum has everything, except ORIGINAL BB,?? I'd like to know your thoughts dudes. :)

GreetZ Bodderas.

• Like 5

it was somewhat a waste, imo ... (perlen vor die säue).

this project needed input and feedback to get to the next step

and everybody just grabbed and ran, lol ... i fear people did not

really understand that they were supposed to help. some fellas

even started breeding with it, lol.

but i think esko might bring her back in feminized form...

let's see what happens later on. we have time, no? :)

• Like 4

Hey Bod i am working on a true blue berry line presently i have dedicated the next 5 years only working with it,,, making it more stable , and have a solid blue terp profile.... Like anything else Takes time Rome wasn't built in a day ,, I noticed Esko started on a blue line but appeared to stop that project ??? maybe on the back burner ... As well Sannie has no blue lines

As for my self have grown for a number of years, and now have the access to actually make a seed,, and have it out on the market for growers through friends seed company ... cn say my contribution to the MJ movement

I am super excited so far with up and coming personal projects crossing it with blue dream female clone .. and some other strains finding the right partners for something special

Anyways probably gong to send out test seeds in the near future if it doesn;t interfere with Sannie or esko on this site ....

med_gallery_11738_4818_64679.jpg

med_gallery_11738_4818_55665.jpg

med_gallery_11738_4818_594304.jpg

Collecting pollen from my male i call Hercules have lots of male clones F2 line already

My pheno 1 BDB showing some good purps :) plans are to surround 4 - 5 different strains with blue berry male clones and sex them out door all natural :)

gallery_11738_4815_50809.jpg

• Like 11

The top 2 pictures are of Carolina Blue from someone on icmag aren't they?

I think it was Grape Krush crossed to Blue Satellite.

• Like 1

yes Stank bro's/ Chili berkster's work male side and where part of the name comes from DIGI

Actually strain i believe was called DIGITAL BERRY Frank was nice enough to send VG some Bx2 seeds and VG crossed it with one of his BB cuts making F2's and what i have now BDB but its really Chili berksters work nd VG 's work picking out a male and making F2's and now i am paying it forward :)

giving out some true blue berry terps ,, but like any breeder or person growing blue berry lines ...

The blue line they tend to throw out nanners even VG mentioned it to me athough what i have appears to be more stable as no nanners or hermies happened , which is GREAT

Now my plans are to cross it with the blue dream clone even Frank is excited

and i think adding Blue dream into the equation will up this strains game big time in looks smell taste and most importantly YIELD

Here is more on it

Digital Berry Bx1 is the first generation backcross of a 21 year old Blueberry clone called Digital Berry. The legend of the seed line here is HONESTLY, the Bluebubble male. This male happened to be Digital Berry x Sour Bubble Bx2. It was matter of what was in the flower room, as I understand it, that the Bx1 exists. This makes the line we are working with Digital Berry x (Digital Berry x Sour Bubble Bx2) and many of the traits of the Digital Berry mom have been locked in and trapped in various combinations. The male saved, contains the most known Digital Berry expressions all in one plant I have seen throughout the Bx1 line currently.

Chili_Berkster used the original Bluebubble male to pollinate many things...all of which were superior to their respective parents. Other members of this site did have or maybe still do have some of those amazing gems. Chili_B did an amazing job with that male. I'm just fortunate to have the opportunity to sort through these amazing genetics. I was given the go ahead a long time ago to continue to share these genetics, as I've been sorting as much as possible since '09. The reason I am as excited about the male I hold, is the Bx line was based on a truly historic male and could potentially posses something of equal quality.

But whats really amazing is it pre dates Dj's work being its first generation back cross of a 21 year old blue berry clone back in 2009 which in todays terms is 27 years old art :)

med_gallery_11738_4815_67659.jpg

• Like 3

didn't dj come up with his first blueberry lines (temple flo and the next gens from that) in the end of the eighties?

could really be legit what you are saying, bagwell. nice score on genetics for sure. too bad they are not pure ...

esko works with pure lines ;) but yours look spectacular indeed (... even if partly

not your pics). keep up the great work, hope you find winners. best vibes, mate.

• Like 2

Wow some nice buds Bagwell :yummy:

Yea I realise what happened with Esko, and it wasn't nice what certain members did, took the piss in a major way.

Santero, :wave: yes DJ was the original breeder for BB, then he passed some of the work on to Dutch passion etc. Unfortunately I've not had the chance to try neither :thumbsdown: .

To be honest I'd be greatfull, if i could be Purple, or Blue both are devine. Just seems a shame to not have these in Sannies shop. Ok I've had some nice purple Jackberry pheno's, were at first i thought it was Purple Herijuana, reason being they came from the Indica mix batch.

• Like 1

Here's some pic's of the jackberry, which i thought was a Blue/purple Heri, these never got finished as I had to pack up, one of the saddest day's of my life lol.

gallery_1164_1395_63703.jpg"]http://gallery_1164_1395_63703.jpg[/url]

gallery_1164_1395_109444.jpg"]http://gallery_1164_1395_109444.jpg[/url]

gallery_1164_1395_132902.jpg"]http://gallery_1164_1395_132902.jpg[/url]

gallery_1164_1395_55881.jpg"]http://gallery_1164_1395_55881.jpg[/url]

gallery_1164_1395_117144.jpg"]http://gallery_1164_1395_117144.jpg[/url]

gallery_1164_1395_157393.jpg"]http://gallery_1164_1395_157393.jpg[/url]

gallery_1164_1395_48882.jpg"]http://gallery_1164_1395_48882.jpg[/url]

gallery_1164_1395_98970.jpg"]http://gallery_1164_1395_98970.jpg[/url]

gallery_1164_1395_121576.jpg"]http://gallery_1164_1395_121576.jpg[/url]

gallery_1164_1395_33744.jpg"]http://gallery_1164_1395_33744.jpg[/url]

gallery_1164_1395_166819.jpg"]http://gallery_1164_1395_166819.jpg[/url]

You see, this came from a Indica mix, and I really , really wished I could have kept her, let alone for her to finish off, and taste correctly. I dream of one day having this again when I can set up , but when that time happens I dont know when.

Maybe this is the reason Sannie doesn't bother, as certain Blue Phenotypes can be found in his JackBerry seeds, who knows.

GreetZ Bodderas.

• Like 4

The bb projekt didnt work on my end simply because those f2s were NOTHING like origional bb I grew around 2000. Not anything near a keeper was found in the f2s, makin my decision firm that dj short got lucky on the f1s, and all the reports of hermie prone and shit thru the yrs has kept me away from just bb. Now bb f1 is a great plant to cross with, but way too lanky phenos n shit in f2s. So after they werent performing, my experiment was terminated. UK Blues should be in freebies. Best bb tasting pot ive ever had

• Like 1

Indy, I grew dj's bb fr years and never had a hermi. as a matter of fact the first hermies I ever had was the blue nistic . I also got 2 hermies in the nl . never had one in my old nl. I had lots of bb bx ,nl bx and afghan bx and never had a hermie. none of your gear hermied. stii the uk blue is, in my opinion a better all around smoke than the original bb from short.

• Like 1

The bb projekt didnt work on my end simply because those f2s were NOTHING like origional bb I grew around 2000. Not anything near a keeper was found in the f2s, makin my decision firm that dj short got lucky on the f1s, and all the reports of hermie prone and shit thru the yrs has kept me away from just bb. Now bb f1 is a great plant to cross with, but way too lanky phenos n shit in f2s. So after they werent performing, my experiment was terminated. UK Blues should be in freebies. Best bb tasting pot ive ever had

I honestly think , in F2's that is where you will find the best variety of Pheno's and the keeper plants male and female if you choose even Dj , DF, agree's ,

Now Even though my male shows unbelievable potential i have to throw him at plants that i know to see what he has to offer,, this is why it also is going to take a while i sent male clones out to 2 other breeders that are seriously interested in working it if he has the Balls

So nothing for hermies or nanners next batch vegging ( growing outside 12 - 15 plants will see what happens this will also be a good indication on how it performs outdoor .. i will be making seeds crossing my male back to the DBD all is good tho i am really impressed with this line , and going to up the game with Blue dream cross ,

Chimera was trying to get his hands on this according to DF ,, either way TBH it pretty wicked i mean blue berry taste is off the wall it has also little sour after taste

Indy, I grew dj's bb fr years and never had a hermi. as a matter of fact the first hermies I ever had was the blue nistic . I also got 2 hermies in the nl . never had one in my old nl. I had lots of bb bx ,nl bx and afghan bx and never had a hermie. none of your gear hermied. stii the uk blue is, in my opinion a better all around smoke than the original bb from short.

Yes and guess what ??? it was crossed from a breeder in Europe with UK 's BB

• Like 1

It's just like a box of chocolates, you never know what ya gunna get,??? Huhu, well kind o,!!f unless we can design the label, ?? haha.

GreetZ Bodderas.

F1s I loved. The F2 pheno hunt, nah. Im not in this to pheno hunt. Its indeed part of alot of breeds including uk blues, and I know it makesa great breeder. Heris not my favorite pot to smoke by a long shot, but ask peepswhat theyd guess my go to dad would be. I dunno, I was growing sugarpunch, a couple of lady cane crosses esko sent me prior to the bb project, selene x heri, double koosh x heri, alotta strains blew the bb f2s outta my kiddie pools lol. The selene x heri will be re made as NO ONE GOT THOSE FROM ME, but wait til ya try her. By end of July they should be ready. Along with the new version of Angelica.

• Like 1

Just read thru the last few posts....there was a time in the 80s, maybe 87, 88...lots of buds came thru my hometown with bb scents. But those were heavy heavy indicas. There was so much weed back then tho, daily we werebuyin ounces of different buds. Much of it has me on thestrain hunt now. Panama I got just to see if it remotely resembles the 80s panama red I wassupposedly getting. I say supposedly cuz i came from a real small town, but pounds were movin daily from a few different peeps. Bigun can tell ya. Hell, INPicer was a year behind me in high school. I doubt he ever saw me NOT HIGH after 8th grade lol..Anyway, bb was kind of common, but DJs became the most famous.

• Like 2

Blueberry has nothing to do with the color blue. It's about the taste. The taste of blueberries which are a fairly subtle taste. A good blueberry is very rare, most are fairly bland. A lot of the herb from the good old days is pretty bland compared to some of what we have today with a few exceptions.

Some of the BB crosses were much better than the original. I grew seeds I bought in 2006 from DJ Short and they were ok in terms of flavor and super shitty in terms of vigor. Lots of the stuff that has been the staple of Dutch genetics have gone the route of bland.

I really liked Blue Sat 1.1, and Sweet Tooth 3, as well as the Grapefruit x Blueberry which was Sweet Tooth 1. But original Grapefruit would seem bland by todays standards. Doesn't hold a candle to OG Kush, Cherry Pie or even a good Amnesia.

The favorite blueberry I grew for years was knock your socks of strong and had a phenomenal taste. We thought it was Blueberry Sativa, but it ended up being a Blueberry Haze. The flavor came from the Haze side, , sweet tasting, not incense , sativa tasting. When I grew a good cut of Amnesia it was very similar and we realized they were related. That BB Haze would sell out in dispensaries even when place alongside a good kush.

I always thought Esko's Cheeseberry Haze would be similar. I've got 6 more seeds of Blueberry from DJ, but have extremely low expectations. Lots of weak mutant plants with tiny wispy buds. Kind of culty, the thing with DJ Short.

Last year I grew some sativa from Michoacan for a second time that a coworkers family grows in Mexico. The high was very interesting sativa, but flavorless and boring. Almost no smell, no taste. I read about all these Mexican strains and I wonder, how come none of the Mexican I smoked tasted like that. As soon as indices and hybrids came in, we stopped smoking that shit.

• Like 3

Yup DJ i have respect for there are allot of good breeders out there and new up and coming ones,, This is my concept on why I choose F2's for keeper plants to move forward. in the strain

one being fist generation Hybrids can still have genetic problems cause you are crossing 2 strains with that said you do not know in the f1 line what they will actually throw at you ,, You can get any combination from either side of the strains tree line so i think its great to pick what you are looking for and cross them back and look in that batch for the traits your looking for

and that is the problem in knowing what F1 line to work forward in the F2 line you get a wider broader spectrum to choose from allowing you to actually find the profile / traits you are looking for cause

I honestly think if you breed two pure lines there is no guarantee you are getting 50 / 50 pure on both sides one side can be more dominating then other so in other words if a person chooses F1's he can be actually losing out Dont quote me on that this is only how i see it could very well be wrong again were here to learn and broaden the spectrum of whats what right lol

i am no pro but learning.

I seriously think top end breeders go this route using multi generation crosses where you will greaten the chances of zeroing in on the specific trait a breeder is looking for sometimes its better to lose vigor for the desired trait once you got the trait your looking for then you work on other things i guess

Joker its funny you say that cause you are right i am glad others have worked with the strain i have now cause she is very blue berry tasting strong blue berry taste with some sour bubba after taste interesting blend but the blue berry is extremely dominant

i was also looking at haze as a add on to this strain in the future this one right here

http://www.vancouverseedbank.ca/product.php?id=868

• Like 1

Last year I grew some sativa from Michoacan for a second time that a coworkers family grows in Mexico. The high was very interesting sativa, but flavorless and boring. Almost no smell, no taste. I read about all these Mexican strains and I wonder, how come none of the Mexican I smoked tasted like that. As soon as indices and hybrids came in, we stopped smoking that shit.

I hear you and used to think and tend to still think along the same lines. But then again the only mexican herb I was familiar with was what made it across the border. Still, I never ever once heard about killer mexican herb but it would not surprise me if I just did not hear of it. I have only ever seen mid grade quality myself. I would think using plants from there would be for more for making plants for warmer/heat tolerant rooms/areas maybe. I do not really know and that is what is interesting and gives me something to look forward too.

Totally agree on this buds being mutant and whispy like JOKER mentioned, yes you would be lucky to find a keeper from DJ short first pack of BB, wouldn't mind they are not cheep,? . I wonder if Dutch Passions are any better as there BB genetics were passed down from DJ to DP as you may already know. :innocent:

I like the colour and the taste as well as high, good bag appeal and the yeild isn't always the best but there must be some BB out there that fits the bill. :dribble:

PS This was a hack of mine, KillingF X Madonna X Accidental haze

gallery_1164_1181_559993.jpg

GreetZ Bodderas.

gallery_1164_1181_339013.jpg

gallery_1164_1181_559993.jpg

gallery_1164_1181_78691.jpg

gallery_1164_1181_102171.jpg

gallery_1164_1181_85413.jpg

And I got at least a 100+ off each to play around with when the right time comes. I miss this smoke especially because it had CHERRY RED, trichomes, real amazing high, no paranoia, v little CBD, v up party high.

But to add to that I like the opposite to, cauch lock, numb heavy man lol,?? catch the drift.

So I'm sure I can find a nice IBL Indica, or a 4 way like Sensi Seeds Black Domina,? ora Herijuana Stud maybe, but I want to keep the pink, tutti fruityness, as well as hash like this did, .

GreetZ Bodderas.

ACTUALLY THE CORRECT GENETIC LINEAGE IS.

ACCIDENTAL HAZE X KILLINGFIELDS X MADONNA :whistle: :withstupid:

GreetZ Bodderas,.

• Like 2

dutch passion still offers dj shorts original blueberry,approxomately 19%thc back in the 1970"s,ahead of its time,up to par with todays strains.ive grown it out recently and the quality and flavor was there,but lacked quanity compared to other strains with just as good flavor and potency.still a legend everyone should grow it at least once.

• Like 1

I thought I read somewhere that Peakseeds also has a bb and that it is a mix between the dutch passion genes and the dj short genes. I was thinking about trying them to see if I could find something fruity and strong.

• Like 1