•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Skywalker69

Question about Aloe Vera (for plants)?

Hi OG,

Is there anybody over here that has used this new product: www.worldwideorganics.de/products/organic-activators/activeratm or any other form of Aloe Vera in a product for plants?

When i read the compagnies product info, i don´t really get the benefit of adding this to the plants food regime (i am already using Algamic...). What more can i expect?

All info and wild ideas are welcome ;)

Grtz

• Like 1

i use freeze dried aloe powder when i water and i put aloe fresh from the plant when i make a.a.c.t.

I believe it helps with the flowers immune system and general well being i.e. stress reduction. My flowers are a lot healthier since i started keeping up with my aloe feedings. It is relatively easy to do and i have enjoyed the benefits. It suppresses pathogens too

good luck :)

• Like 3

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought aloe was added to soil mixes to improve water absorption. I didn't know it had another effect on the plant.

• Like 1

who said it could it only do one thing?

No one. Give a few links to the various claims for aloe, and I'll consider myself educated.

Aloe is desired for her saponins and her salicylic acid (hormone found in willow and aspirin as well).

I had a few of these bookmarked. they all link back and forth to similar studies and pdf's

aloe and cannabis http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/792832-aloe-vera.html (Go to page 2 and read lumperdawgz2 posts)

here is another cannabis specific link https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=214405

here is a scientific study of the plant itself

http://www.mdpi.org/molecules/papers/13081599.pdf

And this is just a lot of information about health benefits of aloe for people and how the plant works in relation to our body(a lot of research papers included)

http://nupro.net/aloe/aloebook.pdf

I have to re-read a bunch of this as well :)

• Like 7

Thanks for the insight OG!

I can´t buy this product at my local shop for now, but i got a fat Aloe plant (i will show some pictures later on) and some fresh cut clones... I feel like testing something!

Grtz

One uncoated 325 Mg aspirin in a gallon / 4 liters once a month does the same .

• Like 2

Hi OG,

Is there anybody over here that has used this new product: www.worldwideorganics.de/products/organic-activators/activeratm or any other form of Aloe Vera in a product for plants?

When i read the compagnies product info, i don´t really get the benefit of adding this to the plants food regime (i am already using Algamic...). What more can i expect?

All info and wild ideas are welcome ;)

Grtz

i use aloe vera 200x powder it works great for a sticker with neem oil. it also activates SAR in the plants to make them stronger against pest and disease

I started some clones with the fresh Aloe gel... Every clone rooted nicely! Not enough to prove causality but im happy with the result!

These are my Aloe plants... Gel supply garanteed ;)

gallery_11320_4851_1043290.jpg

gallery_11320_4851_920121.jpg

Thanks again for teaching and inspiration OG!

@ Joker: Your right, but i just prefer getting my hands in the dirt as much as possible :D

They got the Acti-Vera in my shop now... I will be back with a review after using this product...

Later...

• Like 1

I also have an Aloe plant and do several Things with it, but didnt put it on plants...for now :) i'll try also!

Thanks for this idea!

Greetz!

My yucca extract from Sannie ran out a a couple of weeks ago and I've been using fresh aloe from the plant instead.

Stuff works great---it definitely helps the soil to accept and retain moisture, and my plants seem to really be digging it after about 3 waterings...

Question is, how much fresh leaf should I be using per say 10 L (2.5 gal)?

So far I've been winging it at around ~6 cm (2.4 inches) of a fat section of leaf/10 L (or double that for the skinnier tips) at every watering.

The cocopeat/wormcastings/perlite-based mix that I'm using seems to make overwatering rather easy, and leaving it too long between waterings causes it to become hydrophobic, hence using the aloe at every watering.

Also, the juices are quite a mission to crush and extract from inside the leaf. Kinda difficult to get the snotty stuff dispersed in the liquid too. Any suggestions...?

Your mix if mixed correct should have very good drainage. Make sure you are not root bound or if something is preventing drainage.

I am sorry, I do not know the answer to the aloe question but I think a little goes a long way. Maybe check out the site permies.

Its a permacultrure site and not about this plant but much information. http://www.permies.com/

• Like 1