•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Scone_Of_Ark

Rosin Tech

Oh you guys are gonna Love this!

Using a hair iron, some cooking parchment and a few pieces of 90u screen, I can make shatter in a few seconds without any solvent.

gallery_833_383_10013.jpg

I caught this new technique on Hash Church this morning, and it was so cool I went out and got me an Iron. Turns out the things run just the right temperature to vape the stuff out of whatever your pressing with it.

gallery_833_383_39298.jpg

They're calling it Rosin Tech. Its simply using a hair iron and cooking parchment to heat press melt out of kif and or buds.

gallery_833_383_74911.jpg

Its great for small batches and comes up similar to shatter with a better taste.

gallery_833_383_64480.jpg

It works with buds too, just use the paper alone and place one in the middle of it and fold it in half, leaving the open end hanging out of the iron. Press kinda hard.

gallery_833_383_62020.jpg

Its a 'skill thing' like all hash making, I started out getting dark glop and its slowly getting more and more golden as I get better at it.

Apparently it can be done to whole plants using a shirt press...

This should make butaine a thing of the past, the guys on Hash Church were getting almost white stuff back from the kif they were squeezing.

Oh and be ready to burn yourself a few times till you get the hang of it.

• Like 11

it has been out there for a year or so, but nonetheless it's an

effective tech to get smokable shatter in minutes / seconds :)

I thought that you can put dry sift or even high quality ice water extract on a silicon mat and pop it into a vac purge oven and get the same?

Thank you for the flat iron tip, Sconey!

...without any solvent.

The sulfuric acid is a solvent. This type of baking paper takes a small amount of sulfuric acid and can transfer a bad taste to food, this is widely known in the world of top chefs. Not all trademarks are equal and carry the same amount of sulfuric acid.

Parchment paper

Greetings SiCKNeSs.

• Like 1

Well, the stuff I got is untreated and chem free, but you can also use that ptfe film if you want to be all tidy about it.

Its also a neat way to compare two strains.

interesting. Never seen this but I am not well versed in concentrate making.

interesting. Never seen this but I am not well versed in concentrate making.

Same here. Hash is about as far as it goes for me.

Not being a med user, whenever I feel the need for something stronger than what I grow, it's time to slow down, maybe take a few days off.

• Like 1

I had known about something called shatter many years ago but it was another drug and I wouldnt recommend it.

Is this just making it oil like or does it harden?

Since its heated and the THC converted it shoud be actively edible. Interesting.

It's just oil, itl harden in the freezer.

The names like wax and shatter are stuff people came up with.

And yes it decarbs the oil as its made, and leaves enough in whats left over to use as edibles.

Its less selective than solventing so the result is more like smoking buds than dab.

What this is really good for;

Evaluating strains, and rescuing stuff that has gone off.

• Like 3

Thanks for the info, Scone. I saw this over at IC and I almost bought a shirt press off amazon. I believe these are for making thermal transfer t-shirts? It was about $250 but I have enough weird stuff delivered to my place as it is.

I have to do something with a ton of hermi bud besides fill my lungs up with tar.

I thought that you can put dry sift or even high quality ice water extract on a silicon mat and pop it into a vac purge oven and get the same?

Thank you for the flat iron tip, Sconey!

More on this technique my man' sounz creamy. Check out the moonrocks thread! I wud use to make special occasion "boogerballs" as starinhazy calls em. Yum :P

Some cheap hair straighteners have a temperate guage on them you can set : )

eBay is where I would look

I don't think I would my kief tho

It's good enough as it is lol

Crap bud only

You put the weed, wrapped in parchment, between the two sides of the straightener and then you have to press it firmly, for 5 or 6 seconds... the harder the press, the more, and better, product you can get. Try to get a straightener that has a heat setting for 150C/300F... that seems to be the temp range that gives the best yields.

This is simply a quick way to make a little dab for yourself.... if you desire to make a lot quickly, then you should look into purchasing a larger heat-press. When your done pressing the buds, why not use them to make some qwiso hash too. Double your fun!

• Like 1

Wear an oven mit and lean on it as hard as you can with the palm of your hand against on top of a table ( as hard as you can without breaking the hair straighteners is the right presure )

Or the table lol

• Like 1

You put the weed, wrapped in parchment, between the two sides of the straightener and then you have to press it firmly, for 5 or 6 seconds... the harder the press, the more, and better, product you can get. Try to get a straightener that has a heat setting for 150C/300F... that seems to be the temp range that gives the best yields.

This is simply a quick way to make a little dab for yourself.... if you desire to make a lot quickly, then you should look into purchasing a larger heat-press. When your done pressing the buds, why not use them to make some qwiso hash too. Double your fun!

I bought myself a hydraulic press and I love it because it doesn't need an air compressor and the pressure is fantastic. Seeing what results I get, compared to what I see hair straighteners get, I just wonder what people are even getting out of the hair straightener because in the pictures it doesn't look like much.

I extracted some insane Sugar punch dabs from kief using hair straigtener at 120celsius and T-bag as filter.

My only problem is that I don't have 'legit' dabber I was wondering if my tweezers would make it? I heated them with torch and they seem ok so can I take few dabs using that? I got real Titanium kit on the way from china but I don't want to wait anymore to taste that insanely terpy yellow goodness :D

TLDR: can i use tweezers or somethign else "ghetto" as dabber? knife?

of course dude- I would stay away from anything with a chemical-plastic coating (like paint) over the steel-titanium-aluminum. Remember that rosin sticks to everything. One of my fav. ghetto dab tools is a simple steel kinda triangular skewer. Careful, can very get hot! The tacky firm rosin seems to work best like this. (as opposed to the more gooey or wet oil rosin some buds produce) It all vapes though. :)

Ok thanks for the reply I'ma get my first dabs tonite with tweezers and glass nail.

My Sugar punch rosin from kief came out actually super smelly. The Tea-bag filtered the not so good trichomes so I think it'll be full melt too. It must be absolute blast when I hit it :D

• Like 1

careful man- the S.P. rosin I made was IntenSe. :) as in take 2 dabs then wait 5 minutes for full effect before hitting it again.

• Like 1

I was a trip awhile ago and went to the land of dabs. No different than any other high grade concentrate in my view.

I met a concentrate maker who does bho and rosin and he preferred the bho for effect all things equal but dispensaries are going away from bho regardless of vacuum purge or not.

Well, I do not really personally like it. It zombies you for a day and it sorta brings back the creepy in cannabis.

• Bong with dab attachment
  • Torch
  • Nail
  • Heat dab attachment on bong
  • Use nail to get
  • Take dab.

We look like junkies :whistling I like the reclaim aspect though, I did not know that before the trip. (similar to wand vaporizer residue)

Now I am more cannabis than human and no matter of attempt to put me on my ass was successful nor would I expect that, but I hope!

I personally would prefer a high quality charas but you can bet I would not pass up a dab if it was offered but I doubt I would buy under normal use aspects for myself. I got to much to do, it is the zombie aspect I dislike and the creepy part :fish:

• Like 3