•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Misterdirt

Adventures in Abstinence!

Good luck on your job.

All great advice I'm sure....bur here is the real deal. I use a producr called "Xxtra Clean". Google it, it works. Just follow the instructions to T. Don't improvise or anyrhing just follow the directions. They're cheap enough you can buy 2 and do a test run to be sure it will work for you. If you are over 200lbs there is one specifically designed for larger people. Check it out...it works.

• Like 1

Ladies and Gentlemen (I think there's a lady or two who pop in here now and then), I am ON THE BORDERLINE!

gallery_3138_1947_326155.jpg

If you look real hard and squint a bit, you'll see the red bar is beginning to appear. I would not feel terribly comfortable about going in for this type of test today (or any type of test they have for THC metabolites).

This is the official timeline:

June 9th -- last day I was smoking weed like a fiend.

June 13th -- I did one or two one-hitters of Huck Kush that evening, just before bed. Then that was it.

So I guess that means it's been about 29 days. Right on schedule! The Powers That Be will make their decisions this week, so I'm sure I have at least another week before I have to go in for the real deal. It may not happen at all. In fact, I'm mentally preparing myself for "sorry, we chose another candidate." If that happens, I'm moving anyway, and I'll just transfer my "office" (my spare bedroom) to another state.

Just for everyone's information, I did NOT drink a lot of water, or any more than I normally do. I did NOT attempt to dilute at all. Out of my total body mass, I'm probably about 20% body fat. I probably do more exercise than the average guy my age, but not much more -- especially during the last week (I did almost none, except for one day).

I'm finding that as long as I'm busy, I don't care whether I smoke weed or not -- though the option is awfully nice to have.

• Like 3

Hey Misterdirt,

Hope it works out for you mang...the instructions that came with my test stressed that even a faint line is read as a negative...I get to smoke today for the first time in a little over a week...got my Chong Bong looking like new ready for a serious smoke session...best of luck...

Yea, abstaining from weed isn't all that hard...alcohol as an alcoholic on the other hand...man, no addiction has come close to me...nicotine was a breaze comparitively...

Peace!

• Like 2

the faint red line (for me) is always there..it's a PASS . I bought a box of those testers and the instructions that were included even said as much. Best of Luck with with the new job :wave:

• Like 3

I haven't heard from them yet, so it may be a bust. I'm not going to worry about it. I'll tell the boss I'm moving anyway. It will give me more time to rip that fucking grow room out of the attic.

• Like 2

I would like to wish you luck on the job and even if it doesn't work out, I hope you are moving to somewhere you can grow a bit more freely. Maybe not in a attic this time. I know you got the seeds to start up something very nice if you choose haha.

Best of luck.

• Like 2

Yes, I do have a seed or two lying around. Or maybe 700. Either 1, 2 or 700. Many are never-before-grown-by-me "store bought" strains, so I'm aching to get going again.

• Like 2

I got unofficial word from the interviewers that that job ain't happening. I'm over it. I'm leaving as soon as my wife lands something in the area. Keeping the job I have now works out much better, salary-wise.

This also means I caught a major buzz on some peach-scented CCxDizella last night. Holy shit! Two hits and my born-again-virgin brain was still buzzed when I woke up this morning!

I need to keep my indulging to a couple of times a week, because I sold or gave away almost everything, leaving myself with a mere 1/4 pound or so. (How will I manage?) If I'm still here in October, I'll get a little tent and run some Sugar Punch and the fem Oaxaca. My cuts were given away or retired.

• Like 1

sucks you didn't get the job, think they recognized you were over qualified for the position?

i'm sure you'll find something that's a better fit for you. maybe start your own business.

I need to keep my indulging to a couple of times a week,

Good luck with that. Oh how many times I've told myself that. I know better know... I either got it and I smoke it or I don't got it and I don't. There ain't no in between.

Could be many things. First, it's an area where another type of licensed professional typically does the work involved, although the work involved was invented by people in my profession, and in some states is always done by people licensed in my profession. I know I could get licensed after taking some tests, but I'm not ready, right out of the box.

Second, these people are unionized, and they have to give first priority to people in the union. I'd join a union, if necessary, but I'm not in any union, at this point.

Third, they know how much I make, and they know that I'd be taking a pay cut to take the job. Maybe that bothered them.

Fourth, everyone else interviewed was local, or much more local than I am. This was a local government job, and they often want to give jobs to locals, in my experience.

So I had many strikes against me. Being good at what you do may be the most important consideration when a private company is doing the hiring, but governments don't think the way we do in the private sector. My legendary greatness and ability to entertain interviewers only goes so far B) .

But again, this is nothing to weep about. My interest is moving. I told my boss that I'm moving soon. No problem there. It's just a matter of my wife getting a job there. My work would include a LOT less adventure if I got this job

Good luck with that. Oh how many times I've told myself that. I know better know... I either got it and I smoke it or I don't got it and I don't. There ain't no in between.

I smoked about once a day for a long time, but in the last year or so, it got ridiculous -- perpetually stoned. Right now I don't even WANT to smoke. I'm sure I'll be smoking this weekend, though.

• Like 2

You're one cool fucker Mister Dirt. Takes a cool headed, intelligent person to weigh all of the factors and see them for what they are.

Surely if we ever met, we'd get right along.

Keep plugging away!

RM

• Like 3

The herb is habit forming, but it's not addictive (physically).

Apart from the politics of the personal intrusion of having to give someone your body fluids (I find it a form of rape akin to forcing a girl to give you her come, but I'm a nazi about these things so don't listen to me).

Yes, apart from the personal intrusion...

After a while it gets easier. After a year or two, you have forgotten about it and you move on. The trouble is, you might still be trying to close old wounds, and turn to things like alcohol, or crack or heroin, or glue!

:-)

But giving up dope is easy. Replacing it is the hard part. I've come full circle now.

Not sure I've added anything to the debate, but I feel a whole lot better.

• Like 1

After a while it gets easier. After a year or two, you have forgotten about it and you move on. The trouble is, you might still be trying to close old wounds, and turn to things like alcohol, or crack or heroin, or glue!

Yeah, I was hitting the glue pretty hard during the abstinence thing. Good times.

• Like 1

Celery - Natural Diuretic

Cayenne Pepper - Natural Metabolic Booster

Lemon - Natural detox of fat cells

Make a blended juice out of these guys with water to taste. Cleans everything out quickly and cleanly ;)

• Like 2

Yeah, I was hitting the glue pretty hard during the abstinence thing. Good times.

it starts with getting stuck on band aids... then you get fixated on getting a fix from adhesives...

then you accidentally discover the trick to flying is to throw your self at the ground and miss.

it's hilarious how close the pic in your avatar looks like my aunt ina.

is that from snl? ina could make a good comedy character, she's a liberal lesbian lawyer. but instead of practicing law she's been a baker for the last 12 ish years. she's a magician with food, never had anything she's made that wasn't awesome.

fortunately her sons, my cousins, are super athletic and stay active. if they hadn't been that way they would have been fat as hell before they were teenagers.