•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
dequelo

Lumatek or any dimmable electronic ballast question

I have to retake my statement grime above because i gave my Ballast to a friend and at his house it's working...he just finished a grow with a good result.

Maybe the socket in my old flat was just shit...idk.

So I will keep an eye on it :D

Happy growing friends!

If its set at 250 watts, thats what ur using, 250 watts, not 400...I use a 400/600/1000. All I do is look at my power bill when the wattage is set to 400 and its much lower than when Im usin i as a 1000 watter. Itd be pointless to make a dimmable ballast if there were no savings in cost to run it. Man Dequelo, ur simple question had people giving u all kinds of weird "pro" answers. Im not an electrician, but grew up with one in my house and its pretty simple stuff. But yes, if you set it at 250 its gonna use and produce the 250 watts output. And ur power bill will reflect the lower usage. Simple answer.

As far as lumatek sucking, Ive had 1 ballast blow on me in well over 20 years of growin. Joker, if u tok that many ballasts back, sounds like they give u good customer service but ballasts that fail pretty frequently considering....

• Like 2

I bought a dimmable 1k lumatek EVSA and i was wondering the following. 

What bulb is the best? I prefer the cheapest option if it doensn't matter much. Do i use 240V or 400V lamps? 

When i dim the light to 600Watts, can i use a 600Watts bulb from 240V?

On 12/11/2018 at 10:34 AM, Hamme Hydro said:

I bought a dimmable 1k lumatek EVSA and i was wondering the following. 

What bulb is the best? I prefer the cheapest option if it doensn't matter much. Do i use 240V or 400V lamps? 

When i dim the light to 600Watts, can i use a 600Watts bulb from 240V?

Agrosun 600's, best bulb I've ever used, tried everything else, always come back to these.    Because of their spectrums, they do what they claim, in my experience, they shorten flowering cycles by 5-7 days compared to other 600's.       

Back in the day, my first ever grow was the Sun Agro 420, did a ton of research on them at the time.  Now they all sit under my bed gathering dust, since I switched to LED's.  

Loved my Lumitek ballast, when I'd tried the rest, buy the best.  Dad always said,  "If you never have enough money to buy a good one the first time, why do you always have enough money to buy another cheap one?"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigun said:

HYDRO..i use the Lumatek bulbs..i been using them for years and 0 problem..good luck

I went for a 1000 watt Lumatek bulb of 230 volts. Glad to hear you like those! 

1 hour ago, dieseldog381 said:

Agrosun 600's, best bulb I've ever used, tried everything else, always come back to these.    Because of their spectrums, they do what they claim, in my experience, they shorten flowering cycles by 5-7 days compared to other 600's.       

Back in the day, my first ever grow was the Sun Agro 420, did a ton of research on them at the time.  Now they all sit under my bed gathering dust, since I switched to LED's.  

Loved my Lumitek ballast, when I'd tried the rest, buy the best.  Dad always said,  "If you never have enough money to buy a good one the first time, why do you always have enough money to buy another cheap one?"

Your dad is right, but Lumatek ain't cheap! Led is just very expensive! That is why it has to wait. Even if it means a 1000 watt evsa catching dust. 

• Like 1

nah ... not at all (imvho) ... look here f.e.: https://www.todogrowled.com/es/

i recieved and setup my cabs with the tgl60's and i am very satisfyied with them.

12 minutes ago, Hamme Hydro said:

Can i run a 600 watt bulb in my Lumatek ballast when it is dimmed to 600 watts?

From my understanding the correct answer is no. That doesn't mean it won't work. But the ballast may not run at 600w, just close. So if you over run that bulb, it could very well cause damage to it and the ballast. Keep in mind, too many watts can cause a bulb to explode sending glass and chemicals all over your grow. Worst case scenario, a fire. I'd play the safe route and use the proper bulb, peace of mind is worth it.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2018 at 6:31 PM, dieseldog381 said:

Yeah, I’m wondering when LED prices will drop, they are pricey.   

https://www.ledgrowlightsdepot.com/collections/led-grow-lights?_vsrefdom=adwords&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-bex3ZjX3wIVCShpCh0nZg68EAAYASAAEgL1WfD_BwE

best prices I've found and they will price match anybody, super customer service.

ooh, very nice one, baqua !!!! thank you for this one, brother.

i used this shop so far and am superhappy with prices and efficieny.

https://www.todogrowled.com/gb/

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, santero said:

ooh, very nice one, baqua !!!! thank you for this one, brother.

i used this shop so far and am superhappy with prices and efficieny.

https://www.todogrowled.com/gb/

Yes, I looked at that link earlier and they have the best brands at a good price, plus no overseas shipping for you. I had looked at The TGLs, but went with a HLG 600 panel kit instead, I can't wait to get to Colorado to fire it up. If you look at the big picture LEDs aren't pricey at all anymore

• Like 3

The Lumatek 1000w bulbs unfortunately were sold out, so i still don't have a bulb for my Lumatek ballast. I've decided to go for Osram instead. Is the Osram Vialox NAV-T 1000W 230V E40 a good bulb? 

Edit: i found a Lumatek bulb anyway for a good price and bought it. 

• Like 1

Dang Baq, that site is offering the same LED  550 V2 @ $100.00+  LESS  than my local shop, and he swore I could not find it cheaper.....chaching!! 

It's one of the first LED's I've seen I would bet money it's brighter and with a bigger foot print then a 1k hps. These are going to be my replacements of 1k's as they die off.

Thanks for the link!!

I have been using led strips lately and have been very happy with them. Since I am not really the DIY type, I ended up getting 4 pre made sheets with 5 strips each for a total of 20 strips in a 4x8 tent (960w total). So far I have never had to run the lights on max and the light distribution is great. For those who are better at building things themselves, they offer parts to build your own rack style lights with strips tapped to heat sinks mounted on aluminum framing.

They were designed for and tested on cannabis.

https://solstrip.com/en/home/16-311-solsheet-x.html#/45-cct-3500k/63-driver-no_driver

https://solstrip.com/en/14-solstrips

1 hour ago, webeblzr said:

Dang Baq, that site is offering the same LED  550 V2 @ $100.00+  LESS  than my local shop, and he swore I could not find it cheaper.....chaching!! 

It's one of the first LED's I've seen I would bet money it's brighter and with a bigger foot print then a 1k hps. These are going to be my replacements of 1k's as they die off.

Thanks for the link!!

I got the HLG 600H V2 kit during their Xmas specials for $654, couldn't pass that up. It's rated 30% more efficient than a 1,000 HPS and was told I would need to use Co2 to get the most out of the light, amazing! Their customer service is awesome, they encourage you to contact with any questions and follow up immediately. They are the ones review all these LEDS on You Tube.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOBeZbILAQBV-SKwN9Kmtw

Baq

• Like 1