•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Shoeless

Shoeless's Shoebox

Both phenos of Silverfields have been harvested. The lemon cleaner pheno smells like lemon cleaner. The bubblegum pheno, which was cut 3 days earlier, now smells like dank fuel/rubber, kind of like PK/TW x NL#5. I gave a feeling the sweetness of bubblegum is gone.

• Like 2

On 8/25/2015 at 10:20 AM, Shoeless said:

I finally upgraded my flower tent and got a Gorilla Shorty 3x3. I gained some height, but more importantly concentrated the light footprint compared to the 2x4 I was using. I am flowering with a Blackdog BD450-U and generally grow in 5 gallon bags and use blumats. I use ROLS that I have been cycling for about 3 years. I am also trying something different and going 11/13 for this run.

You still running this basic set up?

BD450 in a 3x3, four plants in 5 gal cloth pots?

How long vegging on average? (Diff for sati-dom / indica-dom?)

Topping / LSTing / or straight up?

Sorry if you've already covered this... long thread, haha!

Thanks for looking in, Maria Sanchez. I am using same 3x3 tent, switched out the light for 400w of COB lighting.  I am still using bags between 2 and 5 gallons, depending on how many plants are going in.

Veg time depends on if I am running clones or seeds, but usually 30 days or when sex shows.  I top and train for the most part, depends on the plant.

• Like 2

Great thread shoeless 

I will be running a silverfields soon and was unsure of the flowering time 

now I know thanks 

looking forward to this one it’s the first time for silverfields 

love sugar punch and Madberry it’s got to be good 

thanks for the show 

peace 

paps 

• Like 1

Hey papalag. Silverfields can go up to 12 weeks, depends on your pheno.  Both times I ran her I had lemon dominant scents, with the bubblegum (now fuel/rubber) being an out lier.

• Like 3

Same here with SF, most of mine went 10-11, but had a few at 12.   I just decrease my veg time to compensate, which I do with any sativa, so I have harvests about the same as an 8 week strain, no big deal.  Most of mine were fruity burnt rubber.  

• Like 2

I love those over head shots, where they look like they are wearing crowns lol. I forgot to check back, they were babies last time lol Those look really good

• Like 1

I’d forgotten how sticky SF is.   Someone posted a pic of SF buds stuck to a mirror.   Feels like it’s been dripped in glue, and smells a block away. 

Im looking forward to comparing its cousin Sugar Punch to it.   SP seems to get most of the glory.   I originally bought SF because SP wasn’t available.   

On 10/31/2018 at 9:43 AM, Shoeless said:

@baqualin  How would you compare SF to BOH? Or any if his stuff. I've been staring at Swami gear for a while and he's got so much in there it is tough to decide.

Sorry I just saw this. That's a tuff question, SF has the BOH beat in flavor to me, but that's because I like fruit and berry, Hazy which all the phenos of SF I've grown were, sugar haze or fruity, never got a burnt rubber. That BOH has a good smell, more of a creamy, caramel smell and taste, one of my buddies described it as Lemon Yogurt, the scent and taste are not subtle, just different and are increasing as it cures. All 4 females were fairly consistent in smell / taste with a couple having a fruity smell in mid flower, so being open pollinated there's a good chance more scents and flavors will pop up. The Mr Green Genes Cherry Bomb X 88 RKS / mex female I had was rotten fruit, tells me once again open pollinated I will find old school RKS if I want to look for that, I think I would prefer rotten fruit / RKS flavor mix. I have lots of others to work and I'm pretty sure the Blue Zebra and The One / Panama X Paki / Chocolate Thai will be the next I crack. Now back to the Silver Fields, it is a modern poly cross of a well worked mother and father so it's more consistent in the phenos you get, where as the BOH as well as most of his crosses are beans reworked from the first landrace crosses with lots of variation, I had 4 females and all were potent, but different in structure, finish time and Calyx to leaf ratio. Now the buzz, depends on where I want to go, BOH is Thai leaning with no ceiling and can get intense, a couple hits with coffee in the morning will keep you going till lunch, if you push it, it's distractive / races your mind in a fun way, but remember no ceiling. Silverfields is more body with the rocket ride and very euphoric, my favorite, but so is BOH and a little more trippy, like I said hard questions. One thing to keep in mind is BOH will do good outdoors here, strong and gets huge, fast flowering Thai, the only plants that totally fought off the termite infestation I had! I'll be running lots of his stuff in 5 plant test runs to find what I really like and to use for breeding into some modern strains for a vitamin shot, so stay tuned. What helps me pick is I look at the genetics in the crosses and that will tell you what you can expect to find and if you might like it. Oh and I did get a keeper out of 4 females and I will run it until I find a pheno that I like better. So I guess my short answer is both.B)

Baq

• Like 1

Hey Baq. Thanks for the detailed info. I like trippy. I also like a really nice body buzz. Considering I have Black Afghani running, and should find a male or two, maybe a SF cut needs some love.

Just for you, GA, here's a shot of BA at 26 days. #1 and #10 have preflowers, #1 showed at 23 days.  It's time to pot up.

20181204_144242.thumb.jpg.ef18426b84ed7acd1ae7bd0d3a925118.jpg

Lemon cleaner pheno drying. Another couple days before trimming and the paper bag treatment.

20181204_145550.thumb.jpg.c6482af7146fe82319d6cfc3ffd8d1ff.jpg

Rubber pheno in the bag, still on their sticks.

767399337_2018-12-0415_03_28.thumb.jpg.376cc3e89baff89b65b289060eb5d140.jpg

• Like 6