•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
JetDro

Finally got some Bear molds

Could not find locally, had to order through Amazon. They worked very well, but are very small, even for Gummy Bears,

gallery_11129_4725_715136.jpg

• Like 7

Naw..............only 200 and a dozen roses...........................

These are low dosage Bears for a friends daughter with MS. She is always in pain, and my normal ones are too stong

for her to use during the day at work. I use my Widow Bud to make it for her. We have tried all my Ladies for her, the Widow

does best by a long shot.................bet she has good CBD numbers...............

This batch is only 1/4 cup of Tincture for all the molds..............as apposed to the 1 1/4 cups per 60 I did yesterday for asshole.........

• Like 5

Naw..............only 200 and a dozen roses...........................

These are low dosage Bears for a friends daughter with MS. She is always in pain, and my normal ones are too stong

for her to use during the day at work. I use my Widow Bud to make it for her. We have tried all my Ladies for her, the Widow

does best by a long shot.................bet she has good CBD numbers...............

This batch is only 1/4 cup of Tincture for all the molds..............as apposed to the 1 1/4 cups per 60 I did yesterday for asshole.........

This is awesome what is the self life on these?

I am looking for something for a friend of mind that got really badly burnt in a work accident. Those would be nice to carry around.

Can you send me in the right direction as how to make those?

I have never made candy/sweets before. I was going to making him some chocolate but that is not so easy to carry around.

Do I just use a gummy recipe on youtube/net and just add bubble bag extract?

Any help would be gladly recieved

• Like 1

I have to run to a function today. I have a thread here somewhere giving the recipe. I will post it again here later today or tomorrow for you.

Basically: 4 packets NON flavored jellatin................2 boxes flavored(try the Joly Rancher flavors!) 1/2 cup water.

I have to run to a function today. I have a thread here somewhere giving the recipe. I will post it again here later today or tomorrow for you.

Basically: 4 packets NON flavored jellatin................2 boxes flavored(try the Joly Rancher flavors!) 1/2 cup water.

Thank you I will try find it in the mean time enjoy your function

I ordered bear mold and a day later Prime comes through. I had some tincture I made 3 springs ago that has been sitting in escrow. It was made with 21 grams of ColJam and I fucked it away by keeping the alcohol on the leaf for way too long, therefore very dark green with chlorophyll. Anyway, a dropper full gave me the spins after an O's game in Baltimore and it sucked walking around, so I have laid off it and really forgot about it.

Here's how it went. I poured the tincture into a pan, added a teaspoon of lecithin, and reduced the mix down to 1 tablespoon. It was still runny but not thin like the alcohol. While that was going on I mixed up a half batch of gummy base using Fruit Punch Jello, let it bloom, then added that to the reduction. Mixed until smooth, then poured into molds. This made 68 gummies that are very dark in color.

So I let them set and ate one, which tasted like bitter shit with a bit of fruit punch maybe in there. The crappy taste lingered for a bit and it burned the throat a little. I ate another one 15 minutes later, and started feeling the effects maybe 30 minutes after that. I ate another one, because I am stupid some times, and realized that it was probably a mistake. I had a bit of an uncomfortable ride up for a couple hours, but it leveled off to a very nice UP buzz. The effects lasted over 7 hours.

I need to make a clean tincture and do this again so I can actually taste the flavor of the gummy. Thanks for the push Jetdro.

In terms of the tincture, would green dragon work (Everclear base) , or do you need to make a coconut oil base for this to work?

I used green dragon (WAY too green) and added lecithin while reducing. The lecithin gets gloppy but everything blends with the heat. For those that don't know what lecithin does, it increases the bioavailability of the thc, therefore making it more potent. There's more to it than that, but that is the gist.

• Like 2

When I start having a surplus of homegrown in the future I will be making things like this.

I have been buying Gummies in Seattle (Coke Bottles, Soda Bottles). They have a figure of 10mg on them. You get like 20 in a package for 20-25 dollars. A bit high if you ask me, but they are pretty handy to carry around.

• Like 1

Sorry...been busy with the ladies..................have time now.

I will only use Green Dragon Tincture from now on..................screw the budder and the oil, the tincture INFUSES INTO EVERYTHING PERFECT..........NO SEPARATIONS. No issues, easy peeze..........

To make the tincture you take the desired amount of herb, and put it into the 190 proof. I ALSO USE one heaping tablespoon of this:

gallery_11129_4725_164636.jpg

REALLY MAKES A DIFFERENCE...................use this stuff, off Amazon, like 25 bucks or so, LASTS FOREVER, lol.

I use to use the old croc pot method, can Google 1000's of vids on that. I now use the MBM.............Magic Butter Machine, works same as old croc methods, BUT,

NO SMELL, NO MESS, set it and forget it!!! Other have had issues with the machine, I have churned out MANY MANY BATCHS w/o a single issue. It has paid for itself

many times over...................if it breaks, I WILL BUY ANOTHER, lol

So, this is how I make them:

I take 4 ounces of prime Bud(this makes a KILLER strength tincture, NOT for the weak of heart, just adjust amount of Bud to your desired strength) . I break the Bud up,

but NOT grind it. I make it good and consistent, NO sticks, no crap in it. I put that into an aluminum foil "tent" and decarb for 1 HOUR AT 240 degree's. YOU HAVE TO DECARB the weed...................

After decarb, it goes into the budder machine. I add 1 heaping tablespoon of the sunflower stuff, and 1 full bottle of 190 proof. The bottle of 190 is about 3 full cups of liquid. I run the machine for 4 hours at low temps(160 on machine) . Tried 8 hours, made no difference, so I keep it at 4 hours.

After 4 hours it is done. Pull it out, run it through a fine mesh strainer that came with machine, but any good filter, even coffee filter will work, want to get all the

plant material out of it. I then take the tincture, about 3 to 3.5 cups and place it in a small Pyrex bowl on the stove and REDUCE IT to 2 cups. At low heat, takes a while,

boils off ONLY SOME ALCOHOL. None of the good stuff is hurt.

I put the 2 cups in the 190 proof bottle, and into the fridge, it is done at this point. Full of 190 still(i will reduce again when I make the candy) but done.

To make Gummies:

First decide on HOW MUCH tincture your going to put into the mix. I LIKE THEM STOUT, lol,so I use a LOT. The mix I made above, reduced down to 2 cups is MY NORMAL mix. Using 1/2 cup of this tincture will make: 200 gummies, or 60 mid sized molds, or 25 - 30 large sized molds. It must be REDUCED, or you have too much 190 in it to use for cooking. I take the above strength tincture, measure out 1/2 cup of it. Place it in a glass bowl and reduce it over LOW heat on stove until I boil off almost all the 190. Have to do it SLOWLY, very mild rolling boil, just enough to produce bubbles coming to the top of the mixture. Takes about 1/2 hour to reduce it down and NOT BURN IT OFF. Sounds hard, it is not, BUT have to stay right there with it, reducing heat as it boils off to keep temps the same. I stop when it looks like motor oil. There is still some 190 in it, but if you try to get ALL the 190 out, YOU WILL BURN IT. What little is left will cook off in the process. The 1/2 cup reduces down to a very small amount, less than 1 ounce.

1/2 to 2/3 cup COLD water into mixing bowl. Add four packets of NON flavored gelatin, one pack at a time, mixing well into the water. Then add 2 packs of flavored

gelatin of your choice..........I LIKE JOLLY RANCHER flavored stuff, works very well!!! Mix it well, it is still pretty liquid. Pour in your reduced tincture, mix it well.

Place plastic wrap over the bowl mixture is in, let it stand and set up(gets like playdo ) for about 20 minutes.

After setup, place mixture into a pan, and heat it over low to medium heat until it gets thinner and melts. Ends up like maple syrup. When it is the right consistency,

I take it off the heat, and pour it into the molds with a plastic(NO, it does not melt) candy funnel with a small pour spout:

gallery_11129_4725_170596.jpg

That funnel makes life easy, 6 bucks at the stores.

Pour into my desired molds, into FRIDGE for 1/2 hour, they are finished.

POINT: use your own strength for the tincture. MY 4 OZ's into 2 cups IS STRONG..............REAL STRONG. 4 tiny gummy bears, your gone.

Hope this helps.

Peace,

Jet

• Like 7

Sorry...been busy with the ladies..................have time now.

I will only use Green Dragon Tincture from now on..................screw the budder and the oil, the tincture INFUSES INTO EVERYTHING PERFECT..........NO SEPARATIONS. No issues, easy peeze..........

To make the tincture you take the desired amount of herb, and put it into the 190 proof. I ALSO USE one heaping tablespoon of this:

gallery_11129_4725_164636.jpg

REALLY MAKES A DIFFERENCE...................use this stuff, off Amazon, like 25 bucks or so, LASTS FOREVER, lol.

I use to use the old croc pot method, can Google 1000's of vids on that. I now use the MBM.............Magic Butter Machine, works same as old croc methods, BUT,

NO SMELL, NO MESS, set it and forget it!!! Other have had issues with the machine, I have churned out MANY MANY BATCHS w/o a single issue. It has paid for itself

many times over...................if it breaks, I WILL BUY ANOTHER, lol

So, this is how I make them:

I take 4 ounces of prime Bud(this makes a KILLER strength tincture, NOT for the weak of heart, just adjust amount of Bud to your desired strength) . I break the Bud up,

but NOT grind it. I make it good and consistent, NO sticks, no crap in it. I put that into an aluminum foil "tent" and decarb for 1 HOUR AT 240 degree's. YOU HAVE TO DECARB the weed...................

After decarb, it goes into the budder machine. I add 1 heaping tablespoon of the sunflower stuff, and 1 full bottle of 190 proof. The bottle of 190 is about 3 full cups of liquid. I run the machine for 4 hours at low temps(160 on machine) . Tried 8 hours, made no difference, so I keep it at 4 hours.

After 4 hours it is done. Pull it out, run it through a fine mesh strainer that came with machine, but any good filter, even coffee filter will work, want to get all the

plant material out of it. I then take the tincture, about 3 to 3.5 cups and place it in a small Pyrex bowl on the stove and REDUCE IT to 2 cups. At low heat, takes a while,

boils off ONLY SOME ALCOHOL. None of the good stuff is hurt.

I put the 2 cups in the 190 proof bottle, and into the fridge, it is done at this point. Full of 190 still(i will reduce again when I make the candy) but done.

To make Gummies:

First decide on HOW MUCH tincture your going to put into the mix. I LIKE THEM STOUT, lol,so I use a LOT. The mix I made above, reduced down to 2 cups is MY NORMAL mix. Using 1/2 cup of this tincture will make: 200 gummies, or 60 mid sized molds, or 25 - 30 large sized molds. It must be REDUCED, or you have too much 190 in it to use for cooking. I take the above strength tincture, measure out 1/2 cup of it. Place it in a glass bowl and reduce it over LOW heat on stove until I boil off almost all the 190. Have to do it SLOWLY, very mild rolling boil, just enough to produce bubbles coming to the top of the mixture. Takes about 1/2 hour to reduce it down and NOT BURN IT OFF. Sounds hard, it is not, BUT have to stay right there with it, reducing heat as it boils off to keep temps the same. I stop when it looks like motor oil. There is still some 190 in it, but if you try to get ALL the 190 out, YOU WILL BURN IT. What little is left will cook off in the process. The 1/2 cup reduces down to a very small amount, less than 1 ounce.

1/2 to 2/3 cup COLD water into mixing bowl. Add four packets of NON flavored gelatin, one pack at a time, mixing well into the water. Then add 2 packs of flavored

gelatin of your choice..........I LIKE JOLLY RANCHER flavored stuff, works very well!!! Mix it well, it is still pretty liquid. Pour in your reduced tincture, mix it well.

Place plastic wrap over the bowl mixture is in, let it stand and set up(gets like playdo ) for about 20 minutes.

After setup, place mixture into a pan, and heat it over low to medium heat until it gets thinner and melts. Ends up like maple syrup. When it is the right consistency,

I take it off the heat, and pour it into the molds with a plastic(NO, it does not melt) candy funnel with a small pour spout:

gallery_11129_4725_170596.jpg

That funnel makes life easy, 6 bucks at the stores.

Pour into my desired molds, into FRIDGE for 1/2 hour, they are finished.

POINT: use your own strength for the tincture. MY 4 OZ's into 2 cups IS STRONG..............REAL STRONG. 4 tiny gummy bears, your gone.

Hope this helps.

Peace,

Jet

awesome thank you very much. I cant wait to give this one a go.

What is the self life on the gummies?

after 2 weeks in the fridge they get a bit nasty around the edges, still ok to eat, but the edges get firm. Fresh out of the molds they are amazing, just

like a real gummy.

Great thread, the gummies look perfect!

I will definitely be making these next time I can grow. Very good instructions.

I always make butter after sifting the trim, always a treat.

Hahaa, I was cracking up reading Shoeless's story of over indulging . reminded me of batch of cookies I made, followed the nestles tollhouse cookie recipe , and ate three of them as I was heading to the airport (AK to east coast = 4 flights), holy shit was that a mistake. Used 2X the trim/popcorn for the batch of butter that I use now.

• Like 2

Great post Jet!

Your gummy's are becoming legendary. Just like your frosty 40 yr old lady's.

Badass :)

-B

• Like 1

I have to stay away from them now. I do not have the sense to not eat too many! I have been near sick a few times, had to pull over on the road cause

I could not drive, and PLANTED on my couch numerous times....................

If I eat one..................SHIT, gonna be a long day.....................lol..................4 or 12 later............................DOH!!!!

I'm going on a motorcycle trip this coming Tuesday, gonna bring some "ringers" with me for a "special" friend, but IM NOT TOUCHING them!!!!!!

Hope y'all enjoy them, just know this..............not like smoking where it tends to level off ..............more of these you eat, more stoned you get, to the point

of getting waves through the body you cannot control, and feeling sick. If you get the waves, or feel sick to your stomach, YOU ATE TOO MANY!!!

I never listen to myself......................

Peace,

Jet

• Like 2

Self-titration part 2 - Yesterday I figured I should eat 1 and measure the effect, so I did, around 3:30 or so. My bro-in-law came over and I gave him half the batch. He had one, along with a few pulls of BC x MsU. The ride up was much more comfortable but you still knew you were elevating. He went to home and I was getting ready to settle in, when I get an emergency call for work. I was wishing I hadn't hit the vape, but what difference did it make, I had to go. Luckily for me, there is a very nice clarity thanks to the ColJam and I was able to drive, minimally deal with the general public, and accomplish the task at hand.

At proper dosage these shitty tasting bears are quite nice, but definitely not for nighttime usage. The up energy really lingers and makes sound sleep difficult, even with night time meds. I am gonna decarb some trim and shake from BC x MsU and Pyschosis x Huck and try another batch.

• Like 1

hmmm, wonder how it would work with my infused glycerin?? Sounds like a good rainy day project this winter. Thanks Jet :tu

I like this recipe, works well with the green dragon. I think I gotta work on flavor ratios as they weren't the sweetest, lots of dragon flavor in there....lol, watching peoples reactions when eating one, priceless.....

WTF did I just eat?!?! LOL

• Like 1

I have started to filter the GDT 15 times through coffee filters before infusion, helps with the taste.