•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

JetDro

What is the WORST weed you have ever grown? I'll start

I like the "worst weed you have ever grown" interpretation of this thread :)

Some point at the genetic, others point at themselves. ;)

I find the observation interesting because many people blame the genetic for crappy weed and never their own growing skills.

Not inferring anybody here, just human nature sometimes ;)

BINGO...BRILLIANT...................you are correct!!! I personally..............DOH......................have BUTCHERED good weed growing it. Hate to admit it

but have. I really was not specific, but meant weed you grew CORRECTLY and was sill bad.................

GREAT POINT bro....................

PEace,

Jet

I know the Top 44 I grew could have been grown by God himself and it would have been the same

peace and be safe

Dequelo

• Like 2

BINGO...BRILLIANT...................you are correct!!! I personally..............DOH......................have BUTCHERED good weed growing it. Hate to admit it

but have. I really was not specific, but meant weed you grew CORRECTLY and was sill bad.................

GREAT POINT bro....................

PEace,

Jet

Just a funny little observation :P

When I grow, especially something new from seed I always just focus on keeping the plant as happy as possible.

Im very hard on myself and anylitical as to what I could have done better after every grow, very rarely am I comfortable that I have grown a plant to it's full potential.

If i grow something new and it turns out crappy, 99% of the time I will take responsibility and try again with what I have learnt from the previous.

If it turns out crappy again, well ok... this genetic just came from the shallow end of the gene pool and it gets donated to a nearby forest :)

• Like 2

@Misterdirt, lol

I had a similar bagseed experience. Looked and smelled ok, but taste was straight cardboard, and probably would have to smoke a pound of this shit just to get high.

100_1209.jpg

• Like 2

I find the observation interesting because many people blame the genetic for crappy weed and never their own growing skills.

yep no one will want to blame themself for it to much pride, it seems greenhouse is hated but ive grown great weed from them..good weed or not they wouldnt still be saleing beans if people wasnt buying them.. the super lemon haze is still my #1 smoke. their white widow will knock ur dick if the dirt and is hardy as fkk outdoors and the trainwreck real or not is some the most potent weed i have ever grown or smoked and it will not mold..i had people that was beating my door down to get more of all 3 of these strains.
  • Like 1

Guest Provence

Strainhunters videos were a big marketing error. Travelling in the last pieces of land untouched by the ruthless laws of globalization and trading to poor farmers huge amounts of heirloom seeds for their indoor feminized strains...

Monsanto does exactly that with corn and other vegetables.

Both companies have 1 single idea in mind : make sure that the genepools vanish from the face of the Earth except in their feminized seedbank catalog.

They price-tag biodiversity.

Even Soma now only produces feminized seeds.what a SHAME...

With all obvious consequences for future breeding...

2020 : LGBT crops :)

• Like 4

Prob,

I couldn't of said it better. I gave them a shot. It sucked and I moved on.

Kyg,

I'm glad you got your moneys worth for all the cash that not only me but it seems alot of the peeps on this forum have thrown that biz.

If they didn't suck they wouldn't of had to change their name. BIZ 101

-B

I enjoyed and was impressed by super lemon haze myself.

• Like 3

I enjoyed and was impressed by super lemon haze myself.

yep i grow super lemon haze ever year it will be in my garden forever. next year will be only 4 breeders in my garden sannie,paradise,dinafem and greenhouse. No one can deny the super lemon haze is just awesome!

I'm just trying to work out why this is in Sannie's corner?

Well I don't see anybody mentioning Sannie in here. Seems like another good reason to buy his seeds ;)

Some of the stuff listed I didn't find that bad. GH Trainwreck wasn't trainwreck at all but had beautiful huge calyxs. Pretty generic in taste and smell, but not in the realm of awful like the soapy kush I got from them. Also got some soapy kushes in a cali connection mix pack. I'm just not a big fan..

• Like 1

yep i grow super lemon haze ever year it will be in my garden forever. next year will be only 4 breeders in my garden sannie,paradise,dinafem and greenhouse. No one can deny the super lemon haze is just awesome!

That is one fucking great garden! I did not keep mine as it was an impulse buy and I am not a fan of Arjan so I did not back them up. Out of 5, 2 were down right special and one was in top 5.

Much respect for Paradise and Sannie as well. I have not seen dinafem but have not really heard anything bad.

Keep on keeping on!

Hempyfan,

Jah Bless!

• Like 1

different people, (different tastes), different opinions

• Like 2

:showoff: love this tread already

there was a time

chucha was still learning how to grow.

and he was sick of using clones.

that bring bugs and stuff

so he switched to using seeds.

first couple grows i bought from my local growshop

RQS seeds

bad bad genetics (but a noob dont know this yet :))

lucky me al went good so far

until the last time i use this brand seeds (hermie s )

so me lookd online for anotherseedbank

then i see a good movie on youtube

about a strain called the church (greenhouse seeds fuck you Arjan )

in my native language

so i watch and was interested

so me buy 50 seeds

then me got a good location to try a bigger setup

o.o

only half of them germ d

and instead of 100 procent indica

more then half was sativa dominant

so instead of 8 weeks

some go 11/12 weeks

only half of the room got up

long story short

i already knew about pheno s that where to find in this strain

but these where 3 different strains al together

wurst thing that ever happend in my grow career

so

FUCK Arjan

and

FUCK GREENHOUSE

That made me laugh my guts out!

Watching Strainhunters, is indeed painful ! Arjan and Co. seem to look at their happiest when they find

their own strains in amongst the landrace strains of old. (douchebags!) I swear to the Canna God's and ask

that they be forced to smoke their own stuff in some kind of canna - afterlife!

Those guys are tragic!

For me, starting my journey back into growing auto's sounded like the way of the future.

I remember reading the High Times, in the day when it sat as an underground magazine, when cannabis had

not become "popular" yet. Autoflowering plants were a dream of the future.

Auto Purple, from Pyramid Seeds, and Big Bud x NL Auto by World of Seeds were my first choices.

Thinking to myself that it would be a good way to get back to the routine of growing these strains wasted the better part

of four months, producing some smoke that may have been decent for a full on light weight.

My lesson being that nothing comes easy.

A few years on from that now and my grows are up to par, harvesting some lovely smoke! (even a few good autos! )

My sentiments, exactly!

Well spoken.

There were strains that I nearly "named and shamed" but had to think about the realities of the grow.

Human behaviour is definitely interesting.

Worst 2 weeds for me, first being Afghan Kush, world of seeds, was first grow, looked well good, ok hashy smell, just no kick to it, but i soon went to a pal who thought it was ok. "nd, is last years harvest of Erdpurt, which i'm now turning to ISO hash, wonderful smell, of fruity tutti, dark berries/Jam, sadly no high, just a real flat out stone with no kick to it, tastes disgusting, of rubber, so i need to try turn the lot into something a little better. Ps I hope it works pmsl.

GreetS Bodderas.

Worst is a very subjective thing. There are a couple of plants I would put on my worst ever list that my indica loving friends loved and I've seen indica lovers hate some sativas I really liked. For instance I liked Ace Panama and thought it was a very solid sativa strain yet I actually saw somebody else list it here as a dud. On the other hand I absolutely hate herijuana which is a plant I have seen people express a lot of love for. I could smoke an ounce of herijuana, assuming I was capable of staying conscious long enough to do it, and never achieve the effect I was looking for. I would just get that muddy, dysphoric, flat stone I hate so much then pass out in a depressed funk in a pile of Cheetos.

Having said this, I think the worst thing I ever grew myself was a Blue Cheese Auto by Dinafem. My friends liked this plant but I was not a fan. It was a small plant due to being an auto so the yield was not good despite it filling out it's small frame well. The bud looked and smelled alright but it had the most boring, sleepy stone I've come across in a good while. I should add this was the first plant I grew so it's likely my lack of experience hurt the outcome as well.

There was also a disaster I had with the original Zamaldelica but that was my own fault. It's an amazing strain if grown properly. My first Zammy run ended in a burned up rats nest of a plant that grew strait into the lights despite everything I did to stop it. This thing was a freak show that continued to stretch like mad for over 10 weeks. The smoke tasted pretty rough but was surprisingly good for coming down 3 weeks early and being cooked by the light. The moral of that story is that if you are stupid enough to try and grow a pure equatorial sativa in a smallish indoor space you better be ready for what's going to happen. I have since gone back and tried that one again and let it go the full 18 weeks it needed and it really is special smoke. The original Zamaldelica with the Meo Thai in it was a pretty unstable strain. I hear the new version doesn't throw out these crazy long flowering phenos, but conversely the most interesting smoke always came from those super long flowering freaks in the original. I thought I would add that experience to the list as example of a potentially very good strain that was a wreck the first time due to grower error.