•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

colt91

Breed your own seeds

Just wanted to stop by and share a success story. Ive now successfully had three good breedings.

Along with my "breedings" ive also had alot of luck with "pollen chucking" where along with my chosen plants i will throw in some elite clone only strains just to see what pops out.

I encourage everyone who has an extra light or closet to try it out.

A couple tips. If you have mites or bugs use a bug strip not spray. I had to spray my plants to avoid an infestation on my first go round alot of the seeds turned out unviable and never matured past a white hollow shell :( turns out water neautralizes pollen (so if you have a good plant that drops nanas you dont necessarily have to chop the whole plant)

My best strain so far was sannies jackberry male x with hazemans fugu kush. The offspring took the best of both parents and has a taste of a mouthful of skittles. Great yield and bud density. One of my favorite plants ever and i made it. It brings a whole new level of fun go this stuff.

My next planned breeding is selene dad x my favorite sugar punches, thseeds underdawg og (killer strain) Gorilla Glue, Grand Daddy Purp and OG Kush.

Now for the experienced guys. How many seeds can i pull from a 600w? My goal is a few thousand.

Again I'd love to help advise anyone who has less experience from me but I'd love even more to get advise from guys more experienced. How do you choose fathers? Any efficient pollen harvesting and storing methods?

Much love

• Like 10

Great topic! I wish I had something to offer. My seeds have always come by accident. However I would love to hear what other people have to say. I'd like to give it a try, don't know why I didn't think to try earlier. I think I was always just thinking of the buds. I'm actually pissed I didn't save my genetic collection by making my own.

-B

Yeah thats why i got started. There will always be stuff that messes you up and keeping clones becomes impossible or impractical. Save your genetics and nothing can stop you. Im mad i didnt breed my selene and sugar punch two years ago when i grew em the first time.

If youve never grown selene grow it. 2nd best strain in the shop behind sugar punch. I had a purple and pink pheno. Not the densest strain ever but 2 liter bottle colas.

• Like 2

its good you have made 3 crosses

now you must select your cross

and take that line further

for example

i just made a cross

then starts the real work

F1 test from a minimum of 50 plants

and also select 2 winners from that 50 plants to make a F2 with

its fun crossing your winner strains

i love it to

this week my Sugarpunch run starts (looking for the green dense pheno)

gonna cross here with ms.universe.

must be yum yum

thats gonna be my second cross using my ms.universe male

after this one

im gonna search for a nice pineapple diesel male

still have 3o reg seeds (must be able to find a decent male in there)

my first cross is drying now :)

ms.universe x Aztecrain

when dry and cooldown

im gonna make a F1 selection to see wat i have created

and select the 2 most fittest male/female to make F2

me will follow you

and i wish you the best of luck with your adventure s

first time me grow sugarpunch

me fall in love with here :)

• Like 7

Making your own seeds makes growing even more special.

So enjoy breeding

greetz sannie

• Like 12

I was wondering how a SP seed run would go. I asked a while back and the consensus was that she is fem and would not be good breeding stock.

So far my only intentional bean run was Anesthesia x Ko kush, made a few hundred beans and have only grown out a few but they were great.

@ak drifter

SP is fem yes

i m gonna pollinated here with ms.universe male

some say never breed reg x fem (because the think you get hermies in offspring)

wat the don't know is this.

you can do it when the fem you use is stable

and the fem dont have any hermie tendencies.

you can test this by giving here a stress test.

then she tells you if she is ready to get fuckd :).

or if she is likely to hermie under stress

meaning she carries hermie gene s

and if you pollinated here

the offspring will to

when you dont stress test.

you dont know ,

if she is likely to Carrie the hermie gene

because most fem strains perform good under ideal circumstances

and needs to bee stress tested to reveal here self

also the male you use(selected from reg seeds) needs to be stress tested

then the offspring is mixed just like normal

and the change of finding a hermie in there ,

is just as big when you use a regxreg strain.

SP is a stable strain

i have grown here before and love here

and she can really take a punch/abuse

all i can say about reg x fem = try it

and test the outcome

then you see wat s gonna happen

i just made my first cross

reg x fem

and im gonna test/share the outcome

so i/OG can see wat i have created

and how the offspring performs

as far as i know

only thing that s havent been done

in breeding=

fem x fem for multiple generations/etcetera

• Like 2

Thanks for stopping by sannie. @Drifter ive bred with fems and had good luck. Sugar punch is so special that i have to breed with it. I too am on the hunt for the dense green pheno. Last time i had one and let it run 10 weeks. Mmmm mmmm mmmm. Sannie keep breeding the goodness.

Anyone have ideas for a good indica dominant cross? Kolossus x mad kush and or herijuana?

I havent done any back crossing yet becauze of the time and space requirement to test 50 seeds and take clones. I still have to focus on my main production but this is becoming more and more important to me.

I have been experimenting with revegging and i have had great success. So i can now do 50 or 100 seeds cull the males and weeklings and choose my winner and reveg it without having 50 different clones wandering around.

Sannie and hazeman are the only "real" breeders i support.

Even though hazemans the white x 88g13/hashplant was the biggest let down of my career all of his bubba crosses are amazing like 10/10. Blue bubba had great color and the densest buds ever.

• Like 1

Very good info, thanks for the insight there I have not thought about stressing the plants to bring out the herm tendency.

Yes I have run SP a couple times now. For a while she was unavailable and I was asking about doing a SP/SF run , and was told it would not work out,( I have to find the old thread) because of the sp being fem. But, was told the SF was very close in reg seed.

When I can grow again I will definitely give it a try. But ,I think I will search for a different male donor, I have run SF four times and it was decent, but I am not sure its worthy of a roll with the SP just yet. I still have four packs of SF and will give it another go when I can, I am not sure I like it enough...the SP is my favorite that I have grown, just outstanding in every way!

Very good info, thanks for the insight there I have not thought about stressing the plants to bring out the herm tendency.

Yes I have run SP a couple times now. For a while she was unavailable and I was asking about doing a SP/SF run , and was told it would not work out,( I have to find the old thread) because of the sp being fem. But, was told the SF was very close in reg seed.

When I can grow again I will definitely give it a try. But ,I think I will search for a different male donor, I have run SF four times and it was decent, but I am not sure its worthy of a roll with the SP just yet. I still have four packs of SF and will give it another go when I can, I am not sure I like it enough...the SP is my favorite that I have grown, just outstanding in every way!

Does anyone know if sannie uses the stress method to make his fems or if he uses colloidal silver?

Also for your average grower or home breeder dropping pollen on fems is no issue. The question of morality comes into play when you are selling the seeds to someone else as a professional breeder all while purposely mixing questionable stuff. Breed with fems and if you get a hermie scrap em but i havent had that issue.

If you are willing to grow fems in your garden that in MY opinion is riskier than growing plants breeded by fems. Because fem seeds are made by a stressed out plant.

Again im no genius at this stuff i think ghe reason people get freaked out is that if you sell or trade those fem genetics without warning and someone else breeds it they unknowingly havs the herm trait brought into the gene pool

Made some Blue Shaze X SP a couple months ago...

Now looking for some nice pheno`s :)

This female will we cloned in a few days:

gallery_1753_4987_747731.jpg

Smell`s very good, nice build up

• Like 1

Can someone tell how many seeds can he pull from a 600w ?

...you´ll get thousands of seeds from

• Like 3

...you´ll get thousands of seeds from

wish mw luck. Lol my biggest so far was a 1.5ft x 1.5ft under a 125w cfl. Jumping to a 4x4 under a 600w hps in two gallon containers hopefully jam 20 plants in there thin the undergrowth and fan leaves. I think i can get 500 or more seeds per plant so that would be 10k seeds. But idk how realistic those assumptions are. Gotta keep my father producing pollen

Guest Provence

saxo

You're sure ? Thousands of seeds for 1m2 seems enormous

The thing is how many male plants do you need to pollinate 20 plants that will produce 500 seeds each ?

If you need 20 male plants, you acatually produce 10.000 seeds in 2m2 and 1200w

If you`ll get 5000 good quality seeds, you must be a happy men too....

You only go for seeds, or do you wan`t some good weed to?

If you pollin it to much you`ll quality in seeds and weed get worser

Guest Provence

Thanks Barrie

So you say that too much pollinating means overall lesser quality beans ?

And so what ratio male/female do you need ?

saxo

You're sure ? Thousands of seeds for 1m2 seems enormous

The thing is how many male plants do you need to pollinate 20 plants that will produce 500 seeds each ?

If you need 20 male plants, you acatually produce 10.000 seeds in 2m2 and 1200w

Maybe a pro can step in but in my experience 1 male can easily pollinate 10 females. And thats grown in half gallon containers. A full vegged father i think will pollinate 20 plants. The pollen is so small think about a fan blowing on a male just blowing on females for 3-5 dayz straight. Lots of pollen

If you`ll get 5000 good quality seeds, you must be a happy men too....

You only go for seeds, or do you wan`t some good weed to?

If you pollin it to much you`ll quality in seeds and weed get worser

I dont want any weed all seeds. If i sacrifice one grow it will provide me with seeds for friends and family and myself most likely for years to come. And i will only have to buy seeds for breeding and if something crazy drops that i must have. Right now i grow 90 % from clone but it has become a hassle to me. Id rather grow a bun h of vafiety and only keep one or two mothers for emergencies

Any input on super potent indicas to breed with? I keep coming back to kolossus pollinating mad kush. White widow herijuana and bubba kush? Hit that with the vigor of kolossus. Sounds like fun.

i only pollinate one time

because pollen is strong enough(a little bit go s along way)

and imo you get beautiful seeds

why some people pollinate more then once i don't know

because the end up with different stages of ripe seeds

and deformed seeds(also when over pollinate)

imo

pollination is done as soon the pollen touches the pistils (look at bee s )

whit in the first few days you can see if you make here pregnant or not

one male can pollinate more then 20 female s easy

and still you have pollen left

pollinate to early

and the plant only make seeds

pollinate at the rite time

and the plant keeps making new pistils

so you see here potential as if it was unpollinated

seeds per meter 2

i think a few thousand

but imo

you should only make so many seeds from a proven/stable line

for example

if i was Sannie

and i make Sugarpunch

i pollinate a room full of clones from the mother of Sugarpunch

because both parents have already bin tru extensive testing

and Sugarpunch have proven itself to the world

there for its known as a stable strain

and you know 100 % wat you create

when you use the parrent clone s from Sugarpunch

because you already bin tru all the steps whit the parrents

and offspring

• Like 1

I'll tell ya, I used to breed seeds, thousands of them. Always outdoors, let them go and they will give you all you need for Years to come. Never got so serious with it as to work toward solid stabilization, but as churcha mentioned a stress test. I have Always used the stress test. It is indoors so I can see how much they can take. If the can't take it in the proving grounds (what call the indoor rounds)then they will never face up to the real bitch, mother nature. I've never heard of other people having the same practice, but it is definitely a must if you are serious about the outdoors........I leave the breeding up to the pros anymore. I don't have the time for it, and these guys specialize in it, so for a nominal fee I get top notch genetics, and they get their chance in the proving grounds. Good luck guys with your new crosses. Shits getting really funky in today's world.

• Like 3

I joined the Breeder Circle a good 2 yrs ago. My Aim atm is to create Dank Automatic Strains which can keep up with any Photoperiods out there. No Shortcuts in using backcrossing to ruderalis Parents ect is my Rule number 1.

Some of my Breedings get shown over here and thru this Hobby i even had the Honor to join a Autoflower Seedcompany from Spain. So watch out for some Future Stuff. Also one of my Aim is giving something Back to the Communitys that raised me as a Grower so time by time i will do some Limited Strains that make it as Freebees out on diffrent Forums. I hope Sannie would be Kind enough that i can send Him some of that Stuff over for the Freebees in the Shop.

Selection is the A and O if you want to create something that makes You proud. I mean i rather select 1 out of 100 Males then doing shortcuts using whats there.

Wishing all my Breeder Fellowsover here Good Luck May Your Crosses Rise!!!!

Can someone tell how many seeds can he pull from a 600w ?

I don't think anybody can answer that specifically. It depends on the strain and bud size and density. If you can pull 1g/watt with you females then you should be able to get 3-5 thousand seeds with 2500 being viable quality and another 1000+ that are viable but not quality and then the rest not viable.

1 Male that is a little larger than the 20 females will be plenty to pollenate them. Just make sure you put your females in upwards of a week before the male, that way they are good and ready to accept pollen when he drops - which will be sooner than most females are ready.

Your best bet is to put him in the middle and up a bit then when he starts really opening up and dropping - give him a good shake and the pollen will find it's way everywhere and give tons of seeds.

However, what you may want to do is take a clone of the male and a clone of the female and do a test - let him open up a few sacks and just pinch them over top the female - 1 bud or 2 buds - should give you 30-70 seeds and do a run of them to see if the cross is good. If it's good, do a large run and make thousands of seeds. Why bother having thousands of seeds of garbage.

• Like 4

Guest Provence

Thanks a lot spacemanspiff !! Intelligent answer and valuable knowledge !

Now I have another question. What are the less evident drawbacks of an InBredLine ? Apart from a loss in the genepool.

I've read that plant genetic material is not very different from human one, and if you breed

several generations over the same parents you begin to have serious problems in the offspring

Also, why to call selfed male BX and BX1 ? Are they acronyms ?

i just counted the lines i made (without the automatics) ... 89 lines.

making seeds is addictive, i reckon ... lol.

• Like 8