•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

colt91

Breed your own seeds

Guest Provence

Sannie, you should come with another hard-hitting cheese...Uberkush V2 !

If I were to breed, my first attempts would be hybrids of Madness (G13HP x Pre98 Bubba), Herijuana, and either a Cheese or a strong Skunk Afghani

-(Herijuana-M x F-Madness)-M x F-(Pot of Gold-M x F-UK Cheese)

-(Herijuana-M x F-Pot of Gold)-M x F-UK Cheese

-(Herijuana-M x F-Aiea)-M x F-Pakistani X18

So many interesting crosses....! :search:

• Like 2

I did like Uberkush. Little stubly girls with a punch! Problem with her overall, she had balls but I seen a very nice Uberkush for years but alas she is no more. Bigger and better took her spot but she lives on in nostalgia.

• Like 1

Yeah when i order my fugu kush they sent me an og kush fem pack and an original afghani as freebies. So the fugu (blowfish x bubba) is gonna sprinkle some of its dust on an afghani. Im really curious to see how that comes out.

The selene x heri and selene x sugar punch i think both have holy grail potential for different reasons. The next three months are gonna be epic.

• Like 1

Hey joker, would u give the gdp x u.c. to a member here to grow out ? you choose whoever you want to run it. they just have to agree to show it, that's all.

still would love to see how they produce, that's why i sent them ur way actually. I do understand ur reason for the seed give away though. I STILL THINK THE GDP x U.C. are a good shot at hidden fire. of 8 or above potential imho.

Folks i might as well announce it here since this is about breeding.

After at least 7 yrs or so i have finally gotten Mighty Mite seeds

approx 20, i think. finally got a major strain to shorten other strains outside. ironically i have only grown outside twice. one harvest and the other ripped up by forest leo's .

also got auto ak47 x mighty mite cross , and black domina f3's black d, has been on the hit list for a long time too, but didn't know anyone who had the serious cut. hopefully i'll be pleased with these when i run them.

there is going to be a change in grow possibilities after the lady that crushed my heart gets her stuff out of my place . thankfully because of all the drama my heart is on the mend. i'll always love her though. :(

• Sad 1

Emotion has a weird way of screwing with ones perceptions of things. Thankfully time and the rhythms of life will do much to correct the distorted view that emotion has cast upon you.

If you do not wallow in the emotional drama this will happen sooner than later.

Best of luck with your mighty mite! I do not think I have heard of that one so I am interested.

To better days as the future truly is bright!

Hempyfan,

Jah Bless!

• Like 1

I hope you enjoy :

A   007

..   001

..   003

..   011

..   009

..   008

..   007

..   010

• Like 2

THX for compliment Bigun :) ,-all is 100% organic (Terra-Preta Soil mix) for the best quality :yummy:

For those that are good at finding past magazine articles, I read a few that were very interesting. Surprisingly, in High Times. Back between 2007-2010ish. Articles were written by either Jay Generation of Next Generation Seeds, or G. Breeder from Vancouver Island Seed Company(G-spot, or G's-pot).His article on breeding the Burmese for several generations is GREAT. odd number crosses(F1,F3,F5, were much better than the even numbers(F2,F4,etc). Strange but very interesting. Jay's Romulan Joe cut and his backcrossing article is also very interesting. Most Romulan crosses he makes are using a male. This gives the Romulan high, but structure wise follows whatever chosen mom. Much more info about breeding, also. Just in a few articles! Might not be very hard to find. I'm sure y'all have read many of these and many more. Not promoting H.T. at all. Lol. Just great info! Wish I knew the exact dates. Keep it growing, Opengrowers. Peace-BK

• Like 2

I have a question bean chucking .I got some gogi og from Bodhi when it first came out. I took a male and made some beans. So are those considered F2's? When I grow them out I can expect plants that will somewhat resemble the mom and dad of Gogi. Is tht correct?

As long as I am on a roll I would like to ask something off topic. I have a three week old plant on which bottom leaves are turning gray/blck/ashen and they crumple/disintegrate up when touched.

I feed them some calmag and they perked up, look better.

Thanks

BHB,

if the goji og is stable then yes, it's F2 seeds you made. if not then only bodhi knows, but you should still do quite well with the seeds you made. i can't recall how many pheno's goji og expresses. regardless you choose the best females from the seeds you pop that turn out how you like them. they will become your mothers that you clone from. if u get something extra special keep two moms in diffrent palces for insurance and hit it with pollen form selected males just in case u need to hunt for fire again.

so far as ur sick plant. examine what you did from start to finish so far as your medium/what ur growing in is concerned. u need to mention more detials to get help. and pictures are always gonna be better to help with a proper diagnosis.

grow in good potting soil that doesn't have nutes in it already. then when you use nutes you'll know exactly what ur plant is getting or not. make sure that you have good aeration in the medium so the roots can do their job, and don't get chocked out from lack or air. do not over water & stay away from xtra shit until you good good at simple nutes .

you can check ur waters ph, and the run off too. if your using potting soil or a soiless mix the ph is good at 6-7 . her's a quick link that i just found online that should explain things better. http://www.growweedeasy.com/ph

give the plant the basics, of light, food, water, air circulation around the plant, and good aeration in your medium , and ur plants will thrive. use coco before going to hydro and save urself some hassle. treat the water like a hydro grow so far as ph , and use nutes that are suitable for coco coir and you'll get a boost/step up in plant in performance that aproaches hydro with the ease of soil growing. transition to hydro with a hempy bucket grow , it's simple cost effective, and low maitenance with excellent results once you're dialed in.

u can find plenty of help by crossreferencing topics . look at the grow info on this site to get a general idea and go from there. youtube videos can show you all sorts of stuff in real time. always keep it as simple as possble. plants don't need a miracle. they just need the basics , and for us to get out of the way. your mileage may vary, and their will be exceptions based on particular strains . i hope i made sinse to you, so u can make sinse for yourself.

So quick update. My breedings ended up being

Selene male x sugar punch, fugu kush, afghani and herijuana

Separately we had

Herijuana x selene, sugae punch, fugu and afghani

When this is done we are going to mix pollen with some elite clones. Most likely my fugu berry x girl scout cookies, gorilla glue and grand daddy purp but i also have a chem 4 blue dream that i wanna work in there somehow. 2016 is a big year.

• Like 2

Herijuana fugu has huge potental as well so i could cross that on girl scout cookies and gorilla glue to get some knock out indicas with interesting flavors

Hello, anyone have a male pollen they can send me, in dire need to cross, my male crapped out on me and really want to cross my Jack x Timewreck ! PLEASE ! :)

IMG 20160117 135612323 HDR

IMG 20160117 135526302 HDR

hey guys I have a question regarding choosing the right male....

I have one Sleestack x Skunk which I got as a freebee. Smilestyle's report about Sleestack excited me. Unfortunately I did only get a male. I thought I could cross it to one of my Lady Cane's which I'm selecting this grow.

Checking Sleestack on Seedfinder, http://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/SleeStack/Reserva_Privada/ I noticed that they are only available as fems. The Sleestack x Skunk is from Seedsman though and I wonder whether they crossed a male Skunk to a fem plant?

Sorry maybe this is a bit specific but I saw in a couple of peepz seed stashes that these freebees are also around here ;)

Would like to make a pure reg cross. :shifty:

Maybe the breeder behind Seedsman sourced the right cut and made a reg cross with a Skunk-male..

Otherwise he bought seeds from 'Ape Origin' in the past cause they offered 'Sleestack' also..

And I just saw this ; http://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/SleeSkunk/DNA_Genetics_Seeds/

I guess you just have to make your cross and keep an eye on possible weaknesses :search:

Sounds like an interesting cross d'ho !

makeing reg seeds with a fem mother is not that special. if the femed mother is a real female,there should be no issue.

My best strain so far was sannies jackberry male x with hazemans fugu kush. The offspring took the best of both parents and has a taste of a mouthful of skittles. Great yield and bud density. One of my favorite plants ever and i made it. It brings a whole new level of fun go this stuff

Reminds me of the freebie they use to have Jackberry x KO Kush. Was pretty good for a freebie

• Like 1

BHB,

if the goji og is stable then yes, it's F2 seeds you made. if not then only bodhi knows, but you should still do quite well with the seeds you made. i can't recall how many pheno's goji og expresses. regardless you choose the best females from the seeds you pop that turn out how you like them. they will become your mothers that you clone from. if u get something extra special keep two moms in diffrent palces for insurance and hit it with pollen form selected males just in case u need to hunt for fire again.

so far as ur sick plant. examine what you did from start to finish so far as your medium/what ur growing in is concerned. u need to mention more detials to get help. and pictures are always gonna be better to help with a proper diagnosis.

grow in good potting soil that doesn't have nutes in it already. then when you use nutes you'll know exactly what ur plant is getting or not. make sure that you have good aeration in the medium so the roots can do their job, and don't get chocked out from lack or air. do not over water & stay away from xtra shit until you good good at simple nutes .

you can check ur waters ph, and the run off too. if your using potting soil or a soiless mix the ph is good at 6-7 . her's a quick link that i just found online that should explain things better. http://www.growweedeasy.com/ph

give the plant the basics, of light, food, water, air circulation around the plant, and good aeration in your medium , and ur plants will thrive. use coco before going to hydro and save urself some hassle. treat the water like a hydro grow so far as ph , and use nutes that are suitable for coco coir and you'll get a boost/step up in plant in performance that aproaches hydro with the ease of soil growing. transition to hydro with a hempy bucket grow , it's simple cost effective, and low maitenance with excellent results once you're dialed in.

u can find plenty of help by crossreferencing topics . look at the grow info on this site to get a general idea and go from there. youtube videos can show you all sorts of stuff in real time. always keep it as simple as possble. plants don't need a miracle. they just need the basics , and for us to get out of the way. your mileage may vary, and their will be exceptions based on particular strains . i hope i made sinse to you, so u can make sinse for yourself.

Thanks for the great reply. I have arrested my problems. Maybe hot soil in some cases and cal=mag in others. I also started using distilled water instead of my well water which is great but it is hard. I have two moms from Holy Princess. One is shorter and bushy, more leafs. Other stretched a little more, less leaf and rounder buds

BHB,

Thanks for the great reply. I have arrested my problems. Maybe hot soil in some cases and cal=mag in others. I also started using distilled water instead of my well water which is great but it is hard. I have two moms from Holy Princess. One is shorter and bushy, more leafs. Other stretched a little more, less leaf and rounder buds

I forgot about how it works, but you will have to add something to the water or soil if using straight distilled water. Cal mag or something, i dont recall. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Carnivorous plants (nepenthes ,drosera,Chepalotus,pings,flytraps) and orchids love distilled water though!

Holy Princess is the bomb! And who knows if its ever going to be back in stock again.

• Like 1

Super nice project!!!

Those crosse sound so delicious !!

sannies jackberry male x with hazemans fugu kush & selene dad x sugar punches sound so good !!!

How are the project now ??

• Like 1

hey everybody,

I was just wandering whether you guys have any recommendations or clues how long the seeds should rest/ripen after the buds' harvest.

How long do I have to wait before I can sprout them? Is there a minimum time they need to rest?

Luma

I’d say a couple weeks but that’s just a guess I’ve been know to sprout fresh off the bud with  success ! Maybe a actual breeder can give a better time frame as to the proper rest period! 

• Like 3