•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

alaskagrown

Mr. Soul, and Brothers Grimm making a return!

I mean, man...I love talkin shop, talkin breedin etc. But gd it, Men Madmaster, MJS, Starin, Mota Rebel n his entire crew, if you'd filmed us that fuckin weekend? Shit, more funny and lively discussions about growin, breeders, sites etc...Fuck...These dudes are a snooze fest from hell...Adam Dunn I hear is cool, but gd hes a boring mofo on this show. Tell him Indican said so lol, let him listen to himself an hour and 50 min before having anything but a dude wantin to move to Colorado wantin money...fuckin everyone wants out there whos a stoner and ex felon and out in KY! Geeez, OK, I need more keif...lol

• Like 6

I think that site is bullshit and as for soul, why let all these breeders work the shit out if your stuff just to come running back saying look I'm here I still have everything. Believe what you guys want. I'm a skeptic. G

Besides all the work I did to find old shit. Kinda pisses me off actually

He got out of the game over a decade ago because people were getting busted left and right. I definitely don't blame him for that. And as far as him coming back...most if not all the people trying to recreate his gear have absolutely butchered it. Highly copied, but never replicated. ;)

And...he is working on new gear as well. So not just the same old same old.

I for one am extremely excited for his return. I still remember the good old days on Overgrow.

The same happened to me when BOG disappeared. Thought I had something very special until he came back...but I still have his old gear from 03_04, and it still is special. Vintage anyways! Haha

alaskagrown

• Like 5

There is a thread that was started in '09 on RIU about Arum Direct and them supposedly selling the Brothers Grimm genetics. In '09 it was even fishy that they supposedly had the genetics, here we are in 2015 and they are still claiming to have them. A few people ordered on the RIU site and either got nothing or got old useless seeds. Not a single person had a positive review so I'd stay clear of it myself. They are also selling prescription pills illegally as well right there on the site. The whole thing wreaks to me.

• Like 3

I grew out quite a few BG strains I got direct from Mr Soul way back in the original OG days.

Got cuts of BG strains from other people saying it was the shit.

They were all meh.....decent but nothing exceptional.

Mr Soul is cool and knows his shit, I respect him for that.

I won't be buying any BG new stuff though.

It took lots of effort to get some of those strains back when.

I guess the hunt was better than the kill :/

• Like 3

Sometimes in life, its best to stay legendary but I look forward to their future followings but I do not believe this ground breaking in terms of new genetics.

It will be difficult for them to rediscover their past as it will always be second guessed on what they are doing now and then have to be in the tier of high end quality. Though name recognition will help much. As a breeder, if I was them, I would of kept it quiet but for marketing, its valuable to dog and pony show aspects.

I never grew their stuff or as far as I know it even seen a real plant from them but speaking generically, their were not many seed options at that time compared to now. I really do not know how well these lines were worked and the breeding knowledge of today was far more rare then. I doubt these were highly worked lines. Not throwing stones but just saying I would not get overly excited as if this is a game changer.

I recall when I started seeing breeding. It took a lot of seeds in general to find potential breeding plants compared to now. Not speaking on their strains but generically on the state of seeds at that time if I recall.

I wish nothing but success, but they will have to do more to earn it than just coming out of the shadows and back to the industry.

Hempyfan,

Jah Bless!

• Like 3

Sometimes in life, its best to stay legendary but I look forward to their future followings but I do not believe this ground breaking in terms of new genetics.

It will be difficult for them to rediscover their past as it will always be second guessed on what they are doing now and then have to be in the tier of high end quality. Though name recognition will help much. As a breeder, if I was them, I would of kept it quiet but for marketing, its valuable to dog and pony show aspects.

I never grew their stuff or as far as I know it even seen a real plant from them but speaking generically, their were not many seed options at that time compared to now. I really do not know how well these lines were worked and the breeding knowledge of today was far more rare then. I doubt these were highly worked lines. Not throwing stones but just saying I would not get overly excited as if this is a game changer.

I recall when I started seeing breeding. It took a lot of seeds in general to find potential breeding plants compared to now. Not speaking on their strains but generically on the state of seeds at that time if I recall.

I wish nothing but success, but they will have to do more to earn it than just coming out of the shadows and back to the industry.

Hempyfan,

Jah Bless!

Well, if he has his original C99 seeds "which I'm sure he does" then all he has to do is release them and he's back on the map. All of these guys pushing C99 these days are falling way short. His original C99 is the real deal and it put a lot of very nice seed breeders on the map long after he was gone. A lot of the top genetics out right now have C99 infused in them somewhere. It really is close to the holy grail of cannabis. If you look deep into the genetic lines I'm pretty sure C99 has more hybrids than anything else out there. C99 brought us Space Queen "follow her hybrids, you'll be blown away" Headband, Cheese, Killer Queen, Girl Scout Cookies, Snowdawg and hundreds more household name strains. As you can see her hybrids have been the fundamental building blocks that have been the flagship line of many breeders. The original return of the genetic is awesome news to say the least.

• Like 5

I have tons of Apollo 13 and C99, down the F gens a lil...Apollo F6, C99 F4? Griot...Correct me. lol..Theyre on the fuckin labels lol

• Like 3

Shame he doesn't still have that DurbanThaiHighflyer. If he still had that one I would be REALLY excited. I will remain skeptical of the superiority of his plants until I see the plants grown from his "original" seeds. I grew his C99 that I purchased from Heaven's Stairway back in the day and I grew several other seed distributors versions and I found similar plants to his in most of the batches I grew after he left the scene. If he comes out charging more than 10$ a seed, and something inside is telling me that he most certainly will (BUT I REALLY HOPE I"M WRONG), I will just wait to get somebody else's F2's or a cutting from a friend instead of giving another seedy merchant 10$+ for a single bean, heh. I hope he does the right thing and follows the model that Sannie follows. Here endeth the rant.

• Like 2

I'll stick to what I have. They have been worked and are traceable back to soul. Now, anyone have Mendocino Durban? Maybe we can swap. Lol

• Like 5

available:

- apollo 11 (9th chamber's repro, f5 via griot)

- apollo 13 (mendel's f4, regular retail packs)

- cinderella 99 (various lines in F2 to 'IBL')

- rosetta stone f2 (by magilla)

(the rest of lines are mostly just repro's from other peoples work, like 'their' mtf & sweet skunk repro,

GHS widow f2, the NL-reproduction, some great white shark- and white russian redux-lines ... ect.)

then there are some clones like the "DCFtopskud"-clone from denmark that is around

since 2000 ... or the "kabuto cut" of apollo 11 that is very nice too. the cindy 'cannetics

grail' is around too (a real f1-lady) and heath robinson clone as well (dunno the filial

generation-stage of that one). mosca's cindy-works are ok too and there are a TON of

many, many other hybrids that combine genetics from BG in appealing forms (like for

example "eclipse", by tricloud genetics that combine the apollos or their "trifecta", that

got this 'eclipse' hit by c99-male ect ect ect).

it's not like some of the best things BG put out are vanished ... they are just a bit rare ;)

their other stuff like ice princess, sugar blossoms or green giant did not impress at the time

of release already so are not too exciting anyhow (otherwise people would still talk about it

like in cindy's case ect). DTC99 is tempting, but nothing xompared against the boner i have

for the pure dtc, tbh (cindy overpaints everything all the time, lol, get's a tiny bit boring when

you grow a lot of cindy-hybrids in a row).

about the high princing that is to be expected (somehow it is not a coincidence that he reappears

in this timely fashion to open up shop in a legal state ;)) and sometimes hope is enough to open

wallets and i also fear the prices might get pretty unjustified knowing that fanboys will sadly pay

whatever is asked for them, due to no access to the old stuff that still is around.

well, anyhoo ... i'll just wait for the results from the new stuff he is tempting us with.

cuz most of the old stuff that is worthwhile still is around and available plenty, imo.

• Like 6

Griot, I have heard good things about your c99. is it the old stuff. I , personally, like the new stuff but I need bigger plants for outside grow next year.

They are f5 traceable to Grimm. So I guess you would say they are orig or old. The f5 was made by Indi

• Like 1

He was posting, there was nostalgia, there was adoration and also trolling....

Then the mod said

He asked for his account to be deleted!

I hope the seeds are cheaper this time, 12 years ago they were $150 a pack...?!!

• Like 2

Nostalgia is for assholes ;)

Seems a lot surrounding the Bros Grimm story is a full on lie so I'll stay away from their shit like it's the plague.

They were legendary greedy, from what I heard it's impossible that they have their full line because of that greed.

BOG on the other hand….alaskan, if I hit him up and say you sent me is he going to say "who the fuck is alaskan"? :D

I need me some Bogglegum.

RM

• Like 6

Nostalgia is for assholes ;)

Seems a lot surrounding the Bros Grimm story is a full on lie so I'll stay away from their shit like it's the plague.

They were legendary greedy, from what I heard it's impossible that they have their full line because of that greed.

BOG on the other hand….alaskan, if I hit him up and say you sent me is he going to say "who the fuck is alaskan"? :D

I need me some Bogglegum.

RM

Just drop BOG an email, they respond quickly. They also offer a great deal, better than any seed bank that carries his genetics. It's $50 a pack and a pack is 13 seeds, minimum order is 2 packs. So you drop $100 but you get 26 seeds plus I'm sure they add freebies. When you email them they will tell you what's in stock. I'm not sure what their stance is on shipping internationally.

• Like 2

Any body here tried GTA seeds? Reviews seem a bit mixed at least the ones I can dig out from all the grand theft auto hits.

The prices on strains I've been shopping for are about right.

it'd be nice to have another reliable Canadian seed bank.

Stay Safe

BalzOut

can't imagine that BOG sends out links of untrustable re-sellers ... his stuff is very nice for sure (the older stuff anyhow).

looking forward to grow out the sour bubble and re-grow the BOGbubble :) some lifesaver-samples were great as well !!

• Like 2