•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

alaskagrown

Mr. Soul, and Brothers Grimm making a return!

postage/packing and labor hours might just make my 5 seeds former worth negative $150 :)

you da man

Nice idea, but I rather buy the genetics of a smoke I liked. Too bad I couldn't find any weed from Bros Grimm newest release yet.

Breeders with 20 strains is something that also tips me off, that's simply too much. There just aren't so many winners in selections, some GOT TO BE better than others and selling subpar genetics just to make your catalogue bigger is annoying.

With breeders that's been in the game for 30 years, maybe. For breeders of the last decade to have 20 strains is just calling for trouble.

If you'r not there just for breeding, judge the genetics, not the methods or brand. Some of my best mothers came from some of the sketchiest breeders.

I've paid more than 150$ per 10 pack before, but that shit got to be hella proven. As far as I am concerned, the new Bros Grimm gear is fairly untested - I'll let other people run the selections first with these prices.

Interesting. because, for example, eskobar has had 20 odd strains, and none of them (from what i've heard) have been short of awesome. I think I have heard the same about Bodhi's genetics, as well as Mr. Nice, but I agree - logically, the breeders who would have a better final product should be the ones who spend more time with fewer strains/crosses. Another one I have only heard good things about is Gage Green, despite the vast expanse of their menu. Of course, it's only word of mouth (word of web?) haven't tried for myself.

I am sure while there are lots of breeders who fill their catalogues up for the sake of making it larger, there are also probably plenty who fill it up because it's worth filling. The gene pool is actually pretty damn vast, I'm sure it's possible to have 20 good strains if you have high quality mother plants to begin with. the differences between one or two strains might be subtle, but I think that's not a problem as long as they're all good.

• Like 1

I think breeders with just a couple strains arent very creative, or they just like ridin the gravy train off 1 strain. Mota Rebel has sold how many strains thru the years? Breeds just as good as any breeder on the planet imo.. Idk. Library count means shit to me. I like comin up with new tastes n flavors n stones... Its an obsession.

• Like 2

My problem is running on your name alone. I know for a fact that they are using different breeds to create old strains. This is misleading and false advertisement. Rosetta Stone is cafe girl X white widow end of story. You want to make it better or whatever call it something else. You want to use tga genes to make Apollo. I must be better at acquiring their old stuff then they are. It only took a couple years to find it all legit. And asking 150.00 right out the box. Incredible! I have respect for both these dudes as breeders but as business men their model is to rake the hype and blow the pockets up. People have to make their own gut decisions and mine lay on the other side of the tracks. G

Just a little info, these guys wanted my DTHF. Not happening, I found it, be it two years looking, wasn't impossible.

• Like 3

Sounds like they are building a brand name, I say, more power to them, they've earned it. He gave us C99, and I'm smoking A11, so I owe him, anyway.

Relatively, speaking, no seeds costing $150 are any better than anything here, but that's not what you're paying for, or even a "better" high, you're paying for the "real deal". While you may not pay $150 for genetics, some will, that doesn't make it wrong. If I DID have the original stuff, and I wanted to make a good living, given what's happening with legalization, and all the crosses he's inspired, and someone wanted to back him, he'd be a fool not to use his name.

If the plants aren't worth $150 bucks, capitalism will bite him back, it's cruel that way. What I've been able to read about the guy, he doesn't sound like much of a scammer. Besides, within no time, the knockoff's or the originals of the originals, will be on Attitude, lol. It'll be like Back To The Future, C99, roflmao!

I think I paid almost $190 for my first pack of Sensi Jack, glad to have it. (Wish I'd found Sannie's sooner, though, lol) I don't know how many C99 crosses I've made. Crossed Mosca's with KO Kush that I haven't grown yet, thought that might be pretty good, as the C99 is pretty speedy, and the KO is a daydream.

When I see someone doing something new, absent them being a dick, I try and send them positive vibes. I'm going to look them up when I'm in the neighborhood.

• Like 1

I can see it as a customer and not caring to drop more cash than normal for nostalgic strains. But very few old strains will live up to the hype. C99 led to some great crosses. To me its not the holy grail as some claim. That holy grail is what makes every old grower, newbie, novice etc wanna buy em off a legendary tale. Thats ok I guess. But thats the business side of things. Personally, SAGE was the very last shit ill spend $150 on. That was 2007 and Sannies strains kicked SAGEs ass. Didnt take me long to do the economics in my head

I know of one guy who sent Mr. Soul a clone of his "Holy Grail" C-99, because Mr. Soul asked for it!! And this was recently......wonder why? Is it possible Soul really DIDN'T

have any of his original genetics? Makes one wonder.........

• Like 3

I know of one guy who sent Mr. Soul a clone of his "Holy Grail" C-99, because Mr. Soul asked for it!! And this was recently......wonder why? Is it possible Soul really DIDN'T

have any of his original genetics? Makes one wonder.........

Honestly, aren't we at the point where "original" is getting too vague to have any meaning? As I recall, the great "root ball rescue" took California genetics to the Dam, then the world. I've read quite a few stories of security shut downs, where clones had already been passed out, specifically to protect the line if someone got busted, er, I mean if he lost the originals.

Seems anything under 20% is looked down on, so it's the flavor wheel and various affects were after, a lot like the wine explosion.

In my view, if a breeder created amazing strains once, odds are, they can do it again. In fact, I found Sannies looking for old school highs. Seriously, I can get a Sour Diesel or Blue Dream all day long, but NO ONE has anything close to my SJ or Chuck, at least around here. Ya gotta go where the early genes are still decipherable, lol.

Kudos to all you guys who've kept the early lines growing into the best of the best.

Yep, I know people are givin back stuff to the bros grimm guys. Mr soul aaked my buddy for a cut of thai flyer just a cpl weeks ago.. Doesnt make me wonder.

• Like 1

he used the cindy cannazon grail cut to make the F2's that he sells now, lol.

sourced it from a fellow UK grower via a closed board (after he claimed that

he still has all his old clones and stock ?!?)

let me put it in german:

ich rieche barsch ... lol.

btw,

i grew that cut like three years ago.

... i didn't keep it *shrug*

• Like 3

...as i mentioned before: the mantra-like claiming that the old genetics are still the base for their projects where ever u read something about bros grimm was for me the clue that something isn't right...and then these prices...no thanks.

of course the credits for the c99 go to bros grimm cause they created it but that's it...life goes on

my2cents

:wave:

• Like 1

After reading back the original C99 story as told by Mr Soul and then looking at the new description of what they claim is the same genetics, I would also say bullshit at this stage. From the original genetics used,as stated, where has this high number of purple phenotypes per pack come from? I loved learning about Bros Grimm and was happy with Esko's C99 freebie and anything i've ever tried with it at as a parent. I don't ever remember any purple showing or indeed being mentioned in the original description or growers reports.

• Like 1

e$kob@r "C99 F3" = freebie ...

respect is given and earned at the same time B)

@big un

it translates to "i smell bass", lol (fishy) :lol:

• Like 4

This whole story and situation is nuts, lol. I'm just glad I found Sannie and his shop, and then through that you guys. I can't imagine being on a diff forum, at least not at this stage of the game. Maybe if I ever get "really good" at this weed growing business :P ;) I'll find my way to one of these invitation only joints.

The only reason I'm here is because one time in college I got some weed that I was told was Jack Herer, and I was hiking in the appalachians with my dad during a weekend at home, and unknowingly to him I was high; it was one of the best stones I'd ever had. As I searched for Jack Herer 8 years later, many said Sannie's Jack was close to the supposed original strain, but after growing and smoking my high wasn't comparable to that of my hike in the woods. Maybe my tolerance is almost zero now, so anything I smoke is almost too strong, but the sannie's jack is verrrrry strong to me. It was the Killing Fields that won me over, and the quality of those two strains is what kept me here, because I'm 100% certain anything else I get from Sannie or ya'll fine members will be fire as well. Please excuse me if I sound like a broken record, I know that's at least the 3rd time I've told that story on here hehehe...

yep, for an F2 that price is a joke, lol ... but that is nothing in comparsion of other seedmakers' very obvious GREED !!

on a austrian auction-site there were some lowlife canna-jesters that sold many F2-packs of 5 seeds for up to 500€ a pop.

insane ... *smh*

• Like 1

Fanboys and their money helps make the world go around.

• Like 1

People can pay any price they like it's none of my business but this Brothers Grimm hype is unrealistic bs that hasn't even been proven yet

I better put my C99 F5 from Indi in the fridge... precious cargo!

• Like 2