•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Griot

Land Races from around the world

Looking for landraces from around the world. thai, african, south american, mexico, central america, carib islands etc. Inbox me if you might have these please. thanks, G

• Like 4

The last time I let them out, they got bastardized.

You DO NOT cross a primo Columbian landrace to everything Jonny Wad from Amsterdam has.

It was flawless perfect the way it was.

Not the strongest, but a perfect high, you couldn't wipe the smile off your face with a belt sander.

Citrus taste, tight HUGE buds. dripping with resin.

I have never had a plant yield so well.

Search 'Farmers Choice' right here on this forum.

Yea, I let those out.

Yea, I regret it.

Yea, I have probably 100 other PURE landrace strains from the old days.

Yea, you can fuck right off if you think a guy like me is ever letting any others out.

OLU is the guy that felt the need to cross it with everything in his arsenal....blame HIM, not me.

• Like 1

Wow you reply to my post that you have all these landraces but fuck me? How about not even replying next time dickwad.

• Like 17

Wow, quite the harsh reply. Apparently n2ishun doesn't like to share. Ah well, you'll have that. What you got in the plans now Griot? Just jarred up the hippie99, very pleasant smoke. Slightly citrus with a nice burnt rubber, pine, and slight sweetness that carries through in the taste. Very relaxing with a clear head. And yields well. Another winner from you! And the durb99 has got that great anise,pineapple odd funk again. I love that odd smell.

• Like 4

Grew some huge Jamaican landraces I brought back, looked just like the Jamaican from Sannies Shop, but average smoke at best.

My best is World of Seeds Landrace Thai. Lots of people diss them in the forums, but the Thai I've got is kick ass, huge plants, rock hard tight hugs, 10-14 week flower time, and has that dirty chocolate smell, good stuff, and a hammering high. I used to smoke that stuff all the time in late 80's, early 90's when smuggling was still in vogue. And this definitely reminds me of the real deal

Colorado is destroying the last remnants of the landrace marijuana gene pool in record time, everything is some bullshit unstable cross by growers who can't even tell you what landraces Skunk #1 was made from. I was so disheartened! They actually look down on you if you ask for an "old fashioned" "AK47", or "White Widow", as if grandpa doesn't like the new stronger strains. They've peaked out on what a cannabis plant will actually produce in THC on the vine, and that's all that matters to them. If it doesn't test 20% and above, it won't sell, it's pathetic.

I would love to start a shop that advertises TRUE OLD SCHOOL MARIJUANA FOR THOSE LOOKING FOR THE HIGH THEY FOUND IN HIGH SCHOOL! Why in the hell, with a trillion baby boomers retiring and smoking again, is NO ONE advertising this?!!!!!

It has long been my view that the Indica invasion, with all good intentions for indoor growers, has pretty much nuked the sativa gene pool. Which is why I hang out at Sannies, there's lot's of sativa landrace type high's here.

• Like 9

I got a couple (hundred) seeds of South African (landrace) bud

Swazi skunk one is called and the other is called Lesotho African Sativa but i haven't grown any of 'em yet.

because i little selection will probably need to get done

peace

• Like 3

word ^^^^

just ignore the shit.. :yummy:

• Like 3

For the record these would be for me. No crossing, just preservation and personal smoke.

• Like 8

oy mate, He's a cranky one :)

I could be wrong but I seem to recall it's against forum rules to trade or beg for genetics on OG

Stay Safe

BalzOut

I hear what you are saying here friend but I remember a time when I was critical of the NL phenomena. They were crossing EVERYTHING to NL5 when I first got in this hobby and I resented it. I avoided ALL NL5 crosses like the plague back then and announced to everyone how Neville was ruining the genepool, being critical of any of my friends that purchased or grew ANY NL5 crosses. Then in 97 I smoked an NL5 x Haze cross and it made my eyes bounce! A few years ago I'm smoking with a friend and he packs something up and it hits me just right! I asked, "WTF was that?!" He says pure NL1 and gives me the story of who and where he got it from. It quickly became one of my favorite smokes. I also recently bought the Caramel Cough, so go figure.

With all of that in mind, even today these landraces are still around thank God! As a whole we will continue to both preserve and bastardize this plant, but thankfully a small percentage of us will ALWAYS preserve.

Grew some huge Jamaican landraces I brought back, looked just like the Jamaican from Sannies Shop, but average smoke at best.

My best is World of Seeds Landrace Thai. Lots of people diss them in the forums, but the Thai I've got is kick ass, huge plants, rock hard tight hugs, 10-14 week flower time, and has that dirty chocolate smell, good stuff, and a hammering high. I used to smoke that stuff all the time in late 80's, early 90's when smuggling was still in vogue. And this definitely reminds me of the real deal

Colorado is destroying the last remnants of the landrace marijuana gene pool in record time, everything is some bullshit unstable cross by growers who can't even tell you what landraces Skunk #1 was made from. I was so disheartened! They actually look down on you if you ask for an "old fashioned" "AK47", or "White Widow", as if grandpa doesn't like the new stronger strains. They've peaked out on what a cannabis plant will actually produce in THC on the vine, and that's all that matters to them. If it doesn't test 20% and above, it won't sell, it's pathetic.

I would love to start a shop that advertises TRUE OLD SCHOOL MARIJUANA FOR THOSE LOOKING FOR THE HIGH THEY FOUND IN HIGH SCHOOL! Why in the hell, with a trillion baby boomers retiring and smoking again, is NO ONE advertising this?!!!!!

It has long been my view that the Indica invasion, with all good intentions for indoor growers, has pretty much nuked the sativa gene pool. Which is why I hang out at Sannies, there's lot's of sativa landrace type high's here.

• Like 3

Yeah I don't wish to break forum rules do sorry to everyone. Disregard this post and please accept my apologies. G

• Like 2

fuck Griot you have nothing to apologize about. hell ive seen a lot of bean trading ect. on here.stay cool

• Like 2

Yeah I don't wish to break forum rules do sorry to everyone. Disregard this post and please accept my apologies. G

No worries M8, as far as I know trading/gifting via PM is fine, I don't think you want the wank.., um, er, members over on RIU seeing folks getting free beans here and showing up en masse to beg for beans any more than I do, that'd be worse than SpaceBalls :)

Stay Safe

Balzout

• Like 1

so anyways. good idea to keep land races around and in the stable, with all the crossing going on, it would do one a favor to have their own supply of the real deal.

Best of luck in your endeavors Griot.

• Like 2

I hear what you are saying here friend but I remember a time when I was critical of the NL phenomena. They were crossing EVERYTHING to NL5 when I first got in this hobby and I resented it. I avoided ALL NL5 crosses like the plague back then and announced to everyone how Neville was ruining the genepool, being critical of any of my friends that purchased or grew ANY NL5 crosses. Then in 97 I smoked an NL5 x Haze cross and it made my eyes bounce! A few years ago I'm smoking with a friend and he packs something up and it hits me just right! I asked, "WTF was that?!" He says pure NL1 and gives me the story of who and where he got it from. It quickly became one of my favorite smokes. I also recently bought the Caramel Cough, so go figure.

With all of that in mind, even today these landraces are still around thank God! As a whole we will continue to both preserve and bastardize this plant, but thankfully a small percentage of us will ALWAYS preserve.

Ditto on the NL, waiting on some of Bohdi's NL #5 open pollination. Didn't NL have some Thai in it? Given the intent of mixing indica with sativa in the first place, was to preserve the racy sativa highs, in less time, indoors. I personally never cared much for the more narcotic highs myself, but they have contributed.

Ditto on the NL, waiting on some of Bohdi's NL #5 open pollination. Didn't NL have some Thai in it? Given the intent of mixing indica with sativa in the first place, was to preserve the racy sativa highs, in less time, indoors. I personally never cared much for the more narcotic highs myself, but they have contributed.

Regarding the NL having Thai in it or not the answer depends on who you ask. If you ask Neville about the NL#5 (which was a clone he had from seed) the answer according to him was no. His NL#5 was a pure Afghan with absolutely positively no sativa in it according to him. If you ask the guy who he got the seeds from (a guy named Indian or something, can't remember exactly), he might say yes. It does seem that the Northern Lights (not NL#5) variety might have had a Thai added to it after Neville got the seeds he got from Indian which brought us the NL#5 and it's MANY crosses.

• Like 1

I like the idea of people keeping banks of strains and keeping them pure. We need more doing wish I had the space I would be doing the same.There are some many to collect.

• Like 2

Wow, I didn't even get past that nasty write up. Whoa dude, chill the F out.

Curious is there something special about the landraces that you are searching?

• Like 2

I guess I'm intrigued by old school weed. I know for a fact that all this hyped up shit today is just that. OG this OG that snow this cookies that. I'm not impressed by 27%thc. I'm impressed by what the high gives you and the challenge to grow some of the pickiest and trippy cannabis on earth. The highest I've ever been was on some outdoor mexi I grew. My feet never touched the ground. It was an experience not just I'm high giggle giggle or high and numb. Fuck that, I want it to take me places I've never been. ----G

• Like 12

I guess I'm intrigued by old school weed. I know for a fact that all this hyped up shit today is just that. OG this OG that snow this cookies that. I'm not impressed by 27%thc. I'm impressed by what the high gives you and the challenge to grow some of the pickiest and trippy cannabis on earth. The highest I've ever been was on some outdoor mexi I grew. My feet never touched the ground. It was an experience not just I'm high giggle giggle or high and numb. Fuck that, I want it to take me places I've never been. ----G

Once I went on holiday to the coast, we flew down so I did not take any smoke with me. After a few days I organised a bag from some random guys. I did not get to check it out when I got it as it was a quick swap in a car park with security all around. I got back to the apartment and was so pissed off when I checked it out. It look like I had be sold crap. Its was the thinnest wispyest nugs U had ever seen. I was really angry at the guy. After bitching and moaning for ages my gf told me to try or just shut up. I thought she was right might as well give it a try. It took about 5 of the biggest/longest buds to get enough to roll a joint. I would say nearly 4 times stems and seeds to what I got to smoke. I went down to the beach and had a smoke. I could not finish the joint I was so high(yes I know I had a few days maybe a week break before I had this but it was amazing) stumbled my way back with a grin from ear to ear.

Next day i thought damn this stuff must be tainted with some thing. I checked it out and could not see or smell anything(infact it smelt really good sweet/woody) I bumped into the guy who sold it to me. Told him what happened and what I thought he laughed, he took me to see where it was grown. They where not the best looking plants by any means very tall skinny hardly anything on them. I cant remember what it was called but said it as a strain his people had been growing for generations. It sure did the trick. I should have taken some seeds back with me.

Looks can fool you so easy as the say the proof is in the pudding

• Like 2