•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Griot

Land Races from around the world

Speaking of genetics, got my Bohdi Seeds Apollo 11, F4's today, big Snoopy Happy Dance!!!

These came through Attitude, they cleaned up their shipping, big time, impressive. These Apollo 11's go out of stock in a day or two, so was watching this one.

Another genetic addition scratched off my bucket list!

If I live long enough, I hope to create a stable C99/Thai/Sannies Jack/Chucky's Bride/Kali Mist/Thai/Columbian/Jamaican/Apollo 11/Black Widow/Beefsteak Tomato cross, lol.

Or maybe I should just grind them up together and smoke them that way to save time, lol.

• Like 4

I guess I'm intrigued by old school weed. I know for a fact that all this hyped up shit today is just that. OG this OG that snow this cookies that. I'm not impressed by 27%thc. I'm impressed by what the high gives you and the challenge to grow some of the pickiest and trippy cannabis on earth. The highest I've ever been was on some outdoor mexi I grew. My feet never touched the ground. It was an experience not just I'm high giggle giggle or high and numb. Fuck that, I want it to take me places I've never been. ----G

Amen to that, brother! Real Acapulco Gold was the trippiest weed I ever smoked, and most of that stuff was ratty looking as heck. But it was ALL pure Sativa, except for the hash, which was the closet most of us got to Indica's in 1971. Loved the blond Lebanese and green Moroccan, but don't plan on doing much afterwards!

• Like 1

My best friend lives in Thailand.......is there a certain area of thai you are looking for Griot

The most tastiest most potent shortest flowering kind. Lol

No really, am interested in landrace that has not been stepped on or fortified. Thanks

• Like 1

I guess I'm intrigued by old school weed. I know for a fact that all this hyped up shit today is just that. OG this OG that snow this cookies that. I'm not impressed by 27%thc. I'm impressed by what the high gives you and the challenge to grow some of the pickiest and trippy cannabis on earth. The highest I've ever been was on some outdoor mexi I grew. My feet never touched the ground. It was an experience not just I'm high giggle giggle or high and numb. Fuck that, I want it to take me places I've never been. ----G

Griot I know what u talking about!!!..

I was observing hundreds of buddhist in Lasa... in front of Dzsokhang

I wanted to join to do prostration with them..

one young monk did the prostration a little bit different from the others

I asked him why, but he cant speak english.

but was very happy when he realized i want to copy him.

when u come up from ur knees.. u should let down ur head.. and after this straighten ur body with one energetic movement.. leaded by ur forehead

I spent 3, 5 half hour with this guy.. and after the exercise when I went back to my hotel I understand why and what he do.

MY LEGS CANT TOUCHED THE GROUND!!!

hidro

• Like 2

Hey hey hey, don't go bagging on the OGs, story I get from the Nor Cal old timers is that OG is just some extra righteous Mexi crossed to some well-kept pre-Soviet Afghan, selected and bred to be grown indoors in an "ocean" (SeaOfGreen before it the phrase was coined), but I feel ya brother, all the pollution and dillution of so many genetics, it'd be refreshing to smoke a pure lineage landrace and see exactly what the plant's potential is without man's middling, plus, those unadulterated sativa highs........oh man oh man, no lame ass indica to make for more desireable growth structure or bloom time, or to weaken the sativa's ability to just fucking soar. I think you need some Morroccan genes too sir, you can see from my fruity little tag-line, I'm more into a few landraces than much of anything that isn't NYCD or an actual, honest-to-god Brothers Grimm C99 at this point, I have a shit-ton of modern strains from Sinister, E$kobar, and your breeding projects, I'm set on anything made after 1998 at this point.....

also, fuck that n2ishun guy, you didn't ask him specifically, if he can't help or add to the conversation, he oughta go heat up a coat hanger red-hot and fuck himself......with vigor!

• Like 3

Hey hey hey, don't go bagging on the OGs, story I get from the Nor Cal old timers is that OG is just some extra righteous Mexi crossed to some well-kept pre-Soviet Afghan, selected and bred to be grown indoors in an "ocean" (SeaOfGreen before it the phrase was coined), but I feel ya brother, all the pollution and dillution of so many genetics, it'd be refreshing to smoke a pure lineage landrace and see exactly what the plant's potential is without man's middling, plus, those unadulterated sativa highs........oh man oh man, no lame ass indica to make for more desireable growth structure or bloom time, or to weaken the sativa's ability to just fucking soar. I think you need some Morroccan genes too sir, you can see from my fruity little tag-line, I'm more into a few landraces than much of anything that isn't NYCD or an actual, honest-to-god Brothers Grimm C99 at this point, I have a shit-ton of modern strains from Sinister, E$kobar, and your breeding projects, I'm set on anything made after 1998 at this point.....

also, fuck that n2ishun guy, you didn't ask him specifically, if he can't help or add to the conversation, he oughta go heat up a coat hanger red-hot and fuck himself......with vigor!

"honest-to-god Brothers Grimm C99" Try Mosca's C99, it's the real deal, from an original Grimm cut, as I recall. Grown it twice now, second were f2's I made, both are kickass smokes. It goes out of stock quick when in.

• Like 1

Ive got two ladies from seed of Mosca's C99BX1 ready to bloom and assess, i hope the hype is worthwhile, id love a legit Cindy, she'll pair quite nicely with my snowdawg

• Like 4

Ive got two ladies from seed of Mosca's C99BX1 ready to bloom and assess, i hope the hype is worthwhile, id love a legit Cindy, she'll pair quite nicely with my snowdawg

One word of caution on the C99, it gets MUCH better after a long cure. Where most bud peaks out at a few months in jars, Cindy will knock you out at 6 months, just gets stupid potent.

• Like 3

Hi Griot

Unlike your first responder, I have a landfill worthy bag of landrace seeds from various locations in south india and am more than happy to donate for whatever the fuck it is you want to do with them. they are not, by any means, short flowering or economical to grow indoors, but if it's untouched genetics you're looking for, it won't get any less 'touched' than this. Finding a keeper is a bitch and a half of a procedure - it's no fun growing out a bunch of 18 week flowering sativas to see which one you like the best and which one is worth keeping. some will be mediocre some will be medical. if that's not a problem for you I would be happy to give you some.

Best Vibes

El Chupa

• Like 9

Any North Indian, Parvati Valley, Himalayan or Nepalese genes in there?

One word of caution on the C99, it gets MUCH better after a long cure. Where most bud peaks out at a few months in jars, Cindy will knock you out at 6 months, just gets stupid potent.

Thanks for the heads up, I'm a big fan of the long cure, but rarely have the luxury. I'll try to keep mine jarred for a long stretch if possible

• Like 1

"I love my bastard ass hybrids lol!"

Man, isn't that fun?!!! F1s Rock!!!! Everyone I've ever done, with pretty much zero selection, have been amazing! My fav was an old power skunk freebie crossed with my Kali Mist, grew like it was possessed. I've got a bunch of Sensi Mothers Finest crosses, and that weed you pull out to impress. Just did some C99 x a special skunk I've been running for 5-6 years x silver fields. The skunk got hit with my SF male by accident, just had a few seeds, but damn! Im hiding that from my buddies!

I started collecting old school stuff about five years ago, and that starts at Sensi, Mostly. The old landraces or early hybrids are out there, you just have to do the homework. Flying Dutchman, Ace, Gage Green, Mosca, Bohdi, Mr Nice, and of course Sannies, Eskobar, Dynesty.

The Brothers Grimm stuff is the closest I've come to the old school giggly racy Mexican pot we used to get, and it seems to be making a dramatic comeback. Good to see Eskobar working with those old landraces, and the pics sure look like the stuff we used to get. Ratty, seeds and stems! But yum.

Start with the great root ball rescue, and follow the genetics, not hard, and a heck of a lot of fun!!

• Like 2

hopefully in a few days. it all depends on one lazy friend who is (possibly literally) sitting on them as we speak. to top it off he got into a bike accident recently. nothing major...but if a stoner has a reason to stay in bed... -_-

• Like 4

' you couldn't wipe the smile off your face with a belt sander.' is a funny line, too bad about the rest of the post. obviously i'm not alone in the sentiment of offering a streaming hot cup of shut the fuck up. i think maybe you should focus on more indica leaning strains to smoke to hopefully turn down the dial on your antisocial communications.

i agree that it's vital to preserve strains, it's awesome their are guys who focus on that. but why the hell wouldn't you make crosses, or have an issue with someone else making crosses? if nothing they make is worthy then you still have the pure thing, and maybe something amazing comes from it's cross. weather incredibly useful in medical regards or something that stands alone in recreational use. the better the resulting prodigy the more proud to be that it's something that came from what you contributed

and if you communicated that you wished the strain(s) not to be crossed with other than land race sativas to the breeder that made the crosses with them, then your beef should be aimed at him. pointing your bad attitude at griot is unwarranted and

unacceptable. he's an upstanding dude that's been a positive contributing member to this online community and as you can see there's a number of us that take offense at someone taking a dump in one of his threads the way you have. and more than a little sad that you're so spiteful over shit you gave away that your compelled to play your childish 'i got what you want, but fuck you' game.

i sincerely wish you good luck in finding the person you could be. because the person you show your self to be now really sucks.

• Like 8

Thanks for the heads up, I'm a big fan of the long cure, but rarely have the luxury. I'll try to keep mine jarred for a long stretch if possible

My C99 and Sannies Jack have a half life of about a week and a half after they're dry enough to burn, lol.

• Like 2

My C99 and Sannies Jack have a half life of about a week and a half after they're dry enough to burn, lol.

I'm there right now, leaning heavily on my OGs and my P98 Bubba, as they come off the plant tasting great, I'm trying to preserve my Big Bud x C99, my "Lemon" Kush (tastes like Dutch Treat Haze, has a half-assed haze high too) and my HSO Blue Dream-esque type recreation strain in jars until they've had time to develop the deep fruity flavours I'm hoping like hell for.

• Like 1

I like the way you Think Griot :) Yea I could stick to a few strains and be perfectly happy, everyone always wanting the latest and greatest about drives me nuts. But I do have to say, That gorilla glue uh huh, that is some good stuff now lol.

Cindy will knock you out at 6 months

I don't know of anyone that keep out of it that long lol. I think the most cure I can get is about 3 months, maybe 4. I will keep this in mind, thanks for that.

• Like 2

My Cindy has been in a jar for 13 months now. Yum and oh gardenartus you know me right? Lol

• Like 5

Hoarder ^^^^

U see the 18 week selection process? Man, I dunno if I'll even be alive in 18 weeks lol...Another reason I like sub 60 day strains...Hey griot, 3/3 Grape Earth, MALES...

• Like 2

I honestly do not give a flying fuck what anyone thinks of me.

Wow, your simple words dig so deep.....heh, as if.

You all want want....like you are owed the privilege of obtaining beans that people have spent years and lots of dollars to get.

Sorry.

You earn that, it isn't given.

Go spend $5000 on a flight to an equatorial country.

Purchase dozens of samples in a sketchy 3rd world alley.

Risk life and freedom to obtain those samples.

Yea....and then watch some kiddie fuck ruin the strain by crossing it to shite arsed dutch trash.

Some day you'll understand....probably just after puberty hits.

Drool bitches.

gallery_1471_4963_66559.jpg

People like you in2ishun have no home here. We offer you nothing but despise because you believe everyone is the same. Spew your hate and filth elsewhere. Keep your dried up krinkle pics to yourself and go find new friends. I hear they need friends over at thc farm. Meanwhile I'll be acquiring a jungle landrace from Paraguay via Patagonia bitch. G out, oh and airfare was free. Lol

• Like 4