•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Griot

Land Races from around the world

I don't understand why, if you have an unadulterated landrace you don't make more beans? I can't imagine 100 percent of those growing them would "bastardize" them. Maybe an excuse to keep for self only. Hope not. I know that when something goes bad the first reaction is "Never again". There out there griot. Please don't give up on the post. Very interesting and I think much great info will pop up. Peace my friend.-BK

• Like 3

I'm not giving up on finding landraces. The few on here that know me know i will find whatever I set out to look for. I'm just not gonna be pushed around by grumpy ass beanhoarder or management. G

• Like 5

You seems to have a so great opinion of yourself Griot, I communicate a few with you until you left our conversation cause I don't have said you hey bro take this no problems... Also if you read some of the best MJ books like Marijuana Botany or magazine with DJ short interview you will understand that many of the best place (Sud America, Africa, Thailand India etc.) where landrace and great weed were/are have been crossed at minimum one time looooonnnngtimes ago ! Perhaps try to be friend with Dubi, Charlie Garcia or USC Cristallin/JGL (or maybe Shanti) and you will know why it's fantastic to see old pheno expression in "landrace" despite they've introduce hashplant in (when you was kid) and why they made also some crossing like Panama Red/Green with some Colombian punta rojo which is certainly very close ! You already grown landrace seriously ? lol

Also just for saying Seeds of Africa are at 20-25€ for 12 seeds with best review !

Sure many of the Mexican strains have traits of Lebanon in the south cost, growing zone like Guerrero Oaxaca or Acapulco very close as well as in Columbia... just for saying despite it's possible to find pure, you'll find your Graal but before you must growing then blooming for months and playing a few with transvestite !!!

I looked at the SOA site and couldn't see prices or any way to order

Is the drama going to end any time soon?

Stay Safe

BalzOut

• Like 1

Are there any real Landrace strains out there? I remember seeing an article on a grave site of a 2500 to 3000 year old shaman somewhere in China. He was dressed in leather jacket, pants, shoes, and had his pipe buried with him, along with a clay container with actual BUDS, still neat, nice, round buds. A closeup showed amber trichomes still attached. They didn't want to destroy the samples, I believe, so they never tested THC content. Would be neat if/when they can use the DNA to re-propogate this strain. It definitely had an Indica look to it. I think I saw it in High Times between 07-09. I think a landrace has to have been growing in the same area for at least 100 years. I'm sure many of you know alot more on this topic than me. Seek and you will find. Peace-B.K

• Like 1

Would be neat if/when they can use the DNA to re-propogate this strain.

Like in Jurassic Park?

Sam the Skunkman is collecting samples for a big DNA sequencing project to create an evolutionairy tree of all strais and landraces.

Skunkman want your seeds, dead or alive!

Using Next Generation Sequencing we are mapping the lineage relationships between the thousands of modern strains of Cannabis and their ancestors. An interactive genealogical map on our website will allow people to see how their plants are related to others and how traits have changed over time.

More...

• Like 4

See, that's why I don't like landrace...Wheres the density? LOL! I know u fuckers love it, but that huge bud is like, 3 fat joints lol...Probably weighs less than 6 grams DOG??? LOL. Im pure indi, sorry dudes lol

Griot If anyone offers me landrace on trades I'll hook ya up bro...I have had a few offers...Ill have to revisit these old convos

And you call your self a breeder ??? or want to be called i guess right pound seeds out like nobody;s business lol and you don't like landrace strains , With out land race strains,What would we have ???

but to the contrary we do have a huge Variety of quality strains ..

Thanks to Landrace strains

But today's market driven by our wide spread obsession with variety barely see's these pure land race strains thanks to people i refer to breeders and whom that will bastardized a strain you know them ones ?? that just will cross anything lol i do

And with this Bastardization leaves us with very few originals out there ...

Believe it or not the few pure un bastardized strains out there are worth millions times more then any strain on the market to day

Not everything is about Density :)

gallery_11738_4880_74323.jpg

• Like 1

Or at least Write it down...Same with the strains..the Origin should be mentioned.

I like this Forum and i like almost everyone here who is posting on regular base but what realy annoys me is that almost every theme is ending with a argument of good and bad, useful or useless, right or wrong...wtf is wrong with you (all)?!

Isnt it possible to just ignore "stupid" (only in your mind) posts to Keep it real...i mean everyone is doing the same here: growing and learning.

One can hand out Information or Tell One that theres a more efficent Way or anything else without insulting.

Especialy in 2015 i see this tendency...ground urselfs guys and do what ur about to do: stay above things! ;)

Happy Weekend all!

• Like 3

The above picture was published on Rollitup by Darth Vapour.

Stop using other people's pix!

I am darth vapour idiot

would you like to see another post ?? here my out door :)

http://www.rollitup.org/t/organic-feeding-101.510995/page-19

Keep putting your foot in the mouth at first i thought Fatrasa was kinda harsh on you but now i see he makes sense

• Like 1

small world. Atleast you know he was sticking up for you in a way!

• Like 3

Shit, I would love some Landrace seeds from India I would grow it in all the industrial hemp that grows around here. It would probably blend in with it but the ditch weed should b dead by the time the Indian ones are done. If u seriously will donate some I will seriously love some

Who wants to read a bunch of arguments. Just ignore the fuckin guy and talk about cannibis please. Isn't that why we are all on here?

Disguising reefer to look like ditch weed is a classic guerrilla grow method in the midwest. It was my main source of weed for years.

• Like 2

Wouldn't the ditch weed pollinate the good stuff? I was in Wisconsin once. Not sure you could ever grow outside without contamination... at least in some parts. lol

That shit was everywhere. Big, awesome looking monsters, dripping with resin. Wouldn't even stay lit. I threw a whole grocery bag of buds, a friend grew back there, out the window on my way back to Montana. It was that bad. Many seeds, too. heh

Angola red/roja is crossed with my Blue Hammer male...should bring some landrace sativa in the mix.

They are drying now and will be tested asap.

Just enjoy!

Poldergrower

• Like 6

Wouldn't the ditch weed pollinate the good stuff? I was in Wisconsin once. Not sure you could ever grow outside without contamination... at least in some parts. lol

That shit was everywhere. Big, awesome looking monsters, dripping with resin. Wouldn't even stay lit. I threw a whole grocery bag of buds, a friend grew back there, out the window on my way back to Montana. It was that bad. Many seeds, too. heh

In order to avoid pollination by ditch weed, there had to be no ditch weed within about 1/4 mile. You could do that by being very industrious or by choosing locations more carefully. Being lazy, the second way worked for me.

• Like 1

Pollination by ditch weed is common in parts of Europe too. In Germany, England, France, Spain, Austria, Switzerland, Hemp for fiber, Seeds, and Teas ( Aromatic Flowers with minimal psychoactive contents, but non the less very healthy terpene profiles) are grown since 50 years ( for example, in France).

It´s also a problem for outdoor growers in in Great Britain and the Netherlands. The male pollen of the industrial hemp ruins outdoor guerilla grows regulary, as the strong wind transports the pollen from the south of Great Britain to Belgium and France. The french male pollen travels up to Holland and Germany.

Facts not fiction.

smile

• Like 3

This town has a lot of outdoor growers here, being in a legal state, and I've heard of it being a problem here as well. I'm gonna try few here as I'm fairly isolated.

The Real Seed Company,Tropical Seed Company, Cannabiogen, Ace Seeds,E$kob@r, Underground Seed Collective, Seedheaven,firestax, delicatessen seedbank, manchester seedbank are good places to buy Landrace seeds.

But, as always... a good part of elite-clons are passed around in close circles.

Growing clandestine is still a must in most countrys in europe. That has lead to a very high differentation.

some produce clones, some seeds, others grow for cash some only for themselves and so on.

Since most hip strains are polyhybrids., there´s also an opposit trend back to landraces and this niche of growing makes money too.

smile

• Like 1