•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

mrgrowguy

Male Isolation Chamber (MIC1.0) test

Hi hempyfan , They look good : )

The first one says 100% : )

But the second one says only a reduction : (

The shrooms are good but I think they only comes in 4 inch or bigger , to big really for a chamber , more for the intake for a tent or bigger

Is there a certain grade or micron size needed , how small is pollen , just roughly

What filter did u use mrgg

And you have to smear a special gel on the shroom filter but then they are reusable

I bought my shroom filter after a battle I had with a relentless army of the dreaded spider mite , I didn't win that battle but luckily I moved house .......... phew

LOL, I had a spider mite battle once. I'm proud to say I WON! bitches...

THAT was a hellova fight. But the real reason I won was because I was able to keep killing all of the new generations. When they say to spray every 3 days, that is actually very good (likely required) advice. Most sprays don't kill the eggs (I used neem). But get them just before they can lay new eggs for a few cycles, and one more for good measure, and let's just say I got mine.

...I also pulled each plant out and sprayed every square millimeter.

• Like 1

I bought mighty white for the next time , it's like electrified water : )

Silicon I use as my ph up ( I feed this in veg only ) it makes the skin of the leaf shiney and tuff , hard for them to feed , it has other benefits too , I like it , but only in veg

Slightly lower temps , higher humidity and stronger air movement can really help too but that can create its own problems : (

Fresh clothes also

I do everything first thing in the morning , in my fresh clothes for that day : )

• Like 1

So this is a sneak peek into how I think I am evolving my seeding style... yet again.

This was an idea which I concocted, designed, and built in one day. I had all the spare parts laying around. I only had to buy clear totes. So far I've only invested $12 on 4 pods (only 3 made yet). At the moment, I can collect pollen from up to three small cloned males.

I call them Male Isolation Pods

gallery_14029_5204_1280327.jpg

gallery_14029_5204_2555188.jpg

Best part is they are minimally invasive in my limited area.

Next isolation chamber run, I might try putting 4-5 females into the MIC1.0 with a baggy full of pollen and dust the girls all at one time (maybe around 2.5-3 weeks into flower). We will see how this pollen harvesting goes first.

• Like 2

That's a great tweak to the system ........ two for the price of one ( sort of ) and tucked up out of the way ..... Nice : )

I would have to adapt it further as I'm in a tent with no solid walls , but deffo doable

Hard to beat that I recon

Noble prize contender there : )

How is the best way to collect the pollen ?

And how long does it stay active ?

Can it be frozen forever ?

That's a great tweak to the system ........ two for the price of one ( sort of ) and tucked up out of the way ..... Nice : )

I would have to adapt it further as I'm in a tent with no solid walls , but deffo doable

Hard to beat that I recon

Noble prize contender there : )

How is the best way to collect the pollen ?

And how long does it stay active ?

Can it be frozen forever ?

My tent walls actually pull in due to the negative pressure from the exhaust fan. But, I ran a back support that holds the tent out. I thought I might have a problem with the walls pulling in too, but the back on the stand does a pretty good job holding it off the pods. I zip tied the sides to the poles, so it holds the loose part of the tent pretty rigidly.

As far as I'm concerned, the best way to collect pollen is whatever works for you. I have done research on how long the pollen lasts, also. But that was well over a year ago. I know it lasts for a decently long time if kept well. I keep some in my computer desk drawer, close to a bunch of silicon pouches, and I just used pollen that was collected 10 months ago and the seeds seem to be setting. Not sure about freezing it. I don't know if there is a bunch of moisture or not in each pollen grain. If it were possible, it would probably be best to dry out that moisture. I think I remember people saying they freeze it too, but I know with seeds, at least, that freezing can deteriorate the seeds germ %, so I imagine it would be best to keep the sperm in a semi-cool, dark, dry place. But, if anyone plans to actually store pollen, I would suggest reading a few people's experiences, if keeping it as long as possible is important to you.

It's going to be interesting when the boys hit the roof and are forced to bend over. Actually, it should help the pollen to collect on the platforms I made since my stem holes are pretty large.

One more pic, for good measure. You can see most of the setup here.

gallery_14029_5204_72559.jpg

• Like 1

Hello all,

I bring bad news, not about the plants they are great, but my city Voted and banned cultivation entirely. So, I will be keeping a much lower profile. I'm not going to drop off the grid completely, but I'm not going to post my work so publicly until things change.

I will, however, send pics, give status updates, or answer any questions That come my way. Just send me a PM.

My other grow, the AK-47 crosses, is pretty much done anyways. But the alien apparition grow and my male isolation chamber grows will be Put on hold until further notice.

So, if you want pics or a Special update, just pm me.

Best of luck to you all! And one day the old people with old stigmas will pass away and the new generation of compassion and understanding will prevail. Until then...

Lots of love!

Mrgg*

Ps:thanks a lot, city counsel!

That's unfortunate mrgg

It's only legal to smoke in USA because of the money the government is makin

There's no tax to me made from people home growing

Maybe if they introduced a cultivation yearly liecence , to collect money , the government might consider it

What was the turning point in the campaign ? Or was it right to the wire ?

It's all illegal here , at least you had a shot at legalising cultivation : )

I doubt we shall ever get the chance

My plan is to move to Portugal or Spain when my son leaves school : )

With the new law starting in March, a lot of cities are banning everything cannabis related. Because if they don't, in March the city Statutes would revert back to state law, which allows home grows,deliveries, and dispensaries.

So people in my city can't get medicine even if they need it. Of course they could venture out of the city anger bring it back, but not everyone has the means.

I've already sent an email and formal letter to the city counsel letting them know they are non-compassionate monsters with a stigma best described as antiquated!

I basically called them, old dogs, in a Not too mean way.

An old Persian saying

I cried cuz I lost a shoe ........... Then I met a man with no shoes : )

Just peeking in real fast - wanted to share the results.

I got a total of 278 fully mature seeds. Not too much considering there were 4 tiny females, but more than what I was aiming for to begin with. Lots of immature seeds, but I chucked those already...

mature seeds:

STARBUD X CHEMK'D (MRGG*) 38

SOUR STRAWBERRY X CHEMK'D (MRGG*) 57

CHEMK'D F2 (MRGG*) 108

TANGERINE POWER X CHEMK'D (MRGG*) 75

• Like 2