•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

JetDro

Plant issue I need help with

I think you may have broad mites on your plants. Check with 100x magnifier you will see them sacking the life out of your plants ivermectin kills em dead. Also plant vitality. All the best friend

It's PH.

Soil *can* self regulate PH but only if YOU don't overwater and don't overfeed.

Fox Farms is hot out of the bag (only done a few hundred grows in the stuff, so yea, I could be guessing).

ALWAYS throw a handful of dolomite lime and mix in before putting a plant in the stuff.

Epsom will mask the issue but won't fix it.

Go get some dolomite lime, mix with hot water and let it sit till cooled to room temp and then water with it.

Use about 1/4 cup to a gallon of water.

Water the plant with this ONCE.

Then stop overwatering the poor plant.

You're loving it to death.

Overwatering in soil will ALWAYS throw off the PH....no matter the PH of the water.

Soil needs to cycle wet to dry to self regulate.

Pick up the plant and weight it.

How much does it weigh (soil and all) ?????

betcha 10-15 lbs.

Should be 5 or less.

Going to the store now............................they have had no water since Wednesday.......................will make the lime mix and hit them with it tomorrow.

Thank you for the advise bro!!!

Think I should also put in the Epsom salts or not????? Was thinking of a Tablespoon per gallon for the Salts??????

No Epsom, just the dolomite and just once.

The *claw* is always PH, no matter if hydro or soil.

To the guy that said mites ?!?

See any splotches on the leaves ?

That is what mite damage looks like, tiny brown spots on top, webs on the edges, and mites under the leaves.

Search my past posts...my soil recipe is in there somewhere and I said would never write it out again....I meant it.

You can find it if you take the effort.

It's nothing fancy, but it flat out works.

• Like 1

There are no mites, no Thrips, NO BUGS on the plants..............it is not a bug issue..................

No Epsom, just the dolomite and just once.

The *claw* is always PH, no matter if hydro or soil.

To the guy that said mites ?!?

See any splotches on the leaves ?

That is what mite damage looks like, tiny brown spots on top, webs on the edges, and mites under the leaves.

Search my past posts...my soil recipe is in there somewhere and I said would never write it out again....I meant it.

You can find it if you take the effort.

It's nothing fancy, but it flat out works.

Thanks for the response, gonna go hit them with it now.............

Looks like soggy soil to me. I use Ocean Forest + dolomitic limestone and have never had this problem with Sugar Punch, though I have with a few other strains. I used Happy Frog about 5 years ago and, if I remember correctly, it did not contain any Perlite. It did contain a heaping helping of Fungus Gnats, though. Have you seen any Gnats buzzing around?

I always mix lime and dry roots into my mixture. I never use anything else until the 3rd. week of 12/12.

I then give mine 600ppm of 0-50-30 and water with this 1 time a week until week 7.

after that it is h2o.only.

everyone does things different.

been using my method for years..lol

Hey jetdro. If you are starting to feel the love for soil growing, just do it and dive in. You will find the simplicity a nice weight off and the buds are fantastic. There are a thousand ways to mix up a great blend, you just need to find one, and stick to the script. This is tried and true:

http://buildasoil.com/blogs/news/17627464-build-a-soil-from-scratch-in-2-simple-steps

• Like 1

well....?

The two plants that had the issue stil do. They did not get any worse, but not better either. The others are all fine. I'll post some pics later today.

YES...............soil is much less headaches for me, I hope they all finish well. They have been under the flower cycle about a week now.

Peace,

Jet

• Like 1

There are drain holes in the bottom of the containers they are in......right ?

Mesh bottoms on these...........full drainage, they are "air pots"

Jet, as the pic I posted for u shows exactly the same problem u have. it helped mine but I think u said u weakened the mix. 1 tl per gal. is what I used..lol

There are drain holes in the bottom of the containers they are in......right ?

EPIC FAIL, LMAO

Next he will advise that you bottom feed them to cure fungus gnats.

n2ishun is an idiot that has posted idiotic things on more than a few threads. Assume it is hot nutrients, please. It is almost always hot nutrients with Killing Fields. Hooking is often caused by excess nitrogen that is not hot enough to burn the plant. I have seen it at pH 6.2 in soil, and pH 5.7 in DWC.

If you do not have a moisture/pH probe for your soil, it may be a good investment. At the very least it could help prevent over watering issues.

Guest Provence

Jet

Your plants look better than when you were doing hydro.

Your plants are doing fine to me.

Your watering schedule is good. Air pots drain a lot, and very quick. I would say it was a water shortage.

Don't wait for the soil to be crispy, it's not good for the roots and micro life. Water thoroughly and more frequently.

Your plants look good

:tu

Epic fail is not being able to see the bottom of the container in the pic and assuming anything....deuche.

I did not assume, I asked.

Some newbs think you have to have plates under the plant so it doesn't make a mess on the floor.

Does this guy do that....fuck if I know.

I didn't ask....but I do not assume he does or does not.

I don't get fungus gnats, never had them....hard to know how to cure a problem you do not cause by not knowing how to grow eh ?

You can follow that ....right ?

Simpleton.

It is obvious from the photos that air pots are being used, which are literally covered in holes from top to bottom.

This is the bottom of a 12.5L air pot. Are there any holes?

gallery_7190_3087_3928552.jpg

• Like 2

Seems like a bit of unprovoked school kid lunchroom shit to me overall. Lets move on please.

How are the plants?

• Like 3

Seems like a bit of unprovoked school kid lunchroom shit to me overall. Lets move on please.

How are the plants?

ALL getting worse................................10 SP's, 9 show these symtoms, 1 is HEALTHY..........DRIVING ME NUTS, about to lose them all.

AT A LOSS AS WHAT TO DO..............................THOUGHT i had a helper, but not.

IF I POST great shots of the issue, think Y'all can help me figure this out?????

Peace,

a VERY CONFUSED

Jet

Soil is to cold, without a doubt and you should always run in pure organic soil and ferts like Natural Guard 6-2-4, google it, but soil is to cold, you have to have enough light to help the plant suck up the water or that will happen every time, bigger pots will always help though :)

Guest Provence

Jet, the soil is too dry.

That's what I see on the pictures.

The top layer should never like it is on the pictures.

It has to stay somewhat spongy and wet.

Trust me. Plants wilt because of water shortage.

In air pots, it's hard to overwater, so don't hesitate.

If it's 70°F or more in your tent, then you should water everyday or at most every other day.

best vibes

Prov :wave:

gallery_11129_4849_706396.jpg

GreenPassion is spot on, overwatering leds to cold soil, which is not good :) Get some heating mats, growing during winter is always like this unless you have heat and air set to 75 everyday and out in the open. :) In a nice insulated house...............................