•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

steve

thought on 12/12 from seed to harvest

know of some folks that grow 12/12 (2400K) from seed to harvest, evening growing auto's from 12/12. One "auto" OG kush went 4 feet with many large cola's . Some sativa strains from breeders recommend you only veg the plant for 3 week and then flower. your thought's on and experience with ? (guess one would save money)

• Like 1

You save money and the plants only veg slower. My first grows were all 12/12 from start to finish.

If you plan to grow indicas I would veg them. They would stay too short, if grown in 12/12.

smile

• Like 4

Basically it has to do with growing strains that can get too big for indoors situations for most people.

I prefer a good veg to allow the plant to mature more normally but I do not genuinely know if their is a difference in quality other than working to control the size of plants.

• Like 4

this methode is not recommendable for Indica(dom.) plants,because they need a decent veg time to grow a good size with enuff branches.

My last run was 12/12 from seed to chop and it took me 13-14 weeks to chop´em...that´s about the same time,when one gives a 2-3weeks veg-time and 11-12weeks bloom-time....that means: you maybe save some power-bucks but you don´t realy save grow-time.

• Like 4

My experience -- similar to what saxo is saying -- is that a plant grown 12/12 from birth will not actually flower during the first couple weeks. I have yet to grow a varietal that is stable enough to consider siblings as clones, in the sense of having an experiment with controls. But my hypothesis is that plants given a short veg may finish at the same time, with with better results than their sisters started 12/12

If anyone does have, say herijuana or oaxacan and wanted to do some legitimate experiments...

• Like 2

Guest Provence

Well man, I'm growing this way right now, last round too, and it's simply the best method to grow huge yields.

You veg the seedlings under 12/12 in a small box until the previous round is mature and you directly put the seedlings in the bigger room.

I agree with saxo and smilestyle, you need at least a tiny bit of Skunk or Sativa in the mix, but woah the results.............

I did Blueberry from Seedsman and now I'm doing WW x Amnesia from Oaseeds.

You need approx 4 per sqfeet, that is 30/m2 and 36/120x120

I personally never put 30 in a m2 but 20-25.

There are strains that are perfect for that and strains that are less ideal. You want strains that don't grow "candelabra" structure.

So for example Cheeseberry Haze not ideal.

But SSH, SLH, Killing Fields, Jackberry, Kali Mist, Orange Bud, Blueberry, Power Plant, Chemdog, all these strains perform really really good under 12/12 fs.

I suggest you have a look at Cees website from No Mercy seeds. The guy sells seeds, at very acceptable prices, but on forums he also says that any strain can grow 12/12 fs.

This is a dutch growing Sannie's seeds grown 12/12 fs

https://forum.grassc...-1212-seed.html

http://www.nomercyse...2-12-system.htm

12/12 fs is a great method as long as you plant enough seedlings.

• Like 3

usually do a 60 day veg and then 12/12 - but know i think maybe only a 3 week veg then switch to 12/12. But plants in a longer veg time really grow (10 gallon pots) large with good yields. Yea ! see were indica's dominate strain would not work well as compared to hybrids and staiva's. also one really isn't gaining any less time but maybe a bit lower electrical bill. Thanks for all answers !!!!!!! Guess can't teach a horse new tricks - like "old" timers grow cycle 18/6 then 12/12

I tried my first experiment with 12/12 from seed with my own strain which I had 300+ seeds of so losing seeds wasn't a big deal.

It was good to get an idea of the strain but yield is pathetic. 5g per plant. Not worth the time/nutes and electricity. Also, IF I had found

something that was a crazy keeper, there would have been no chance to clone since the first few weeks were NOT normal as far as flower.

I think they have to get to a certain stage of maturity to even begin flowering.

I say Veg till you have a minimum of 5 nodes.

• Like 1

For me, I do everything I can do to keep plant numbers down.

So my satty dom strains, I just bend or shepherd hook branches, or top them early a couple of times to fit the space they have.

The Back To The Congo's I just cut, HAD to be tied crazy like a Dr Seuss character.

They would have grown through the tents ceilings, without sever bondage.

• Like 1

I tried my first experiment with 12/12 from seed with my own strain which I had 300+ seeds of so losing seeds wasn't a big deal.

It was good to get an idea of the strain but yield is pathetic. 5g per plant. Not worth the time/nutes and electricity. Also, IF I had found

something that was a crazy keeper, there would have been no chance to clone since the first few weeks were NOT normal as far as flower.

I think they have to get to a certain stage of maturity to even begin flowering.

I say Veg till you have a minimum of 5 nodes.

Makes sence ! maybe 3 week vegation time by then the plant might be 12 inches tall which is OK

I love it but labor intensive. Basically I ran a perpetual sea of green, best yields I've had for my space. Great for sati as, don't do a KO kush!! Lots of benefits in a small space as I veg and flower on same timer. It's faster, too. Drawbacks, you need to make your own seeds, be pricey to run 20 pots at a time. Try a Sannies Jack 12/12 from seed in 3 gal pots, or even 1 gal, you won't be disappointed. Also, check out Cees Seeds, he has a nice piece on 12/12 from seed that got me started. No clones, no fuss. Lol

• Like 1

You'll find Shanti from Mr. Nice strongly recommends 12/12 from seed for both SSH and pure Haze.

Indicas ?

Nope, veg for at least a month, maybe 2.

I've run every option on my timers over the years.

Some of my landrace sativas I start at 12/12 and turn down to 11 on, 13 off, then 10 on 14 off....and even down to 8 on, 16 off.

Yea, they get huge and flower for 16-20 weeks so you need all the help you can get to finish them faster.

There is not an indica on the planet that can compare to the mind bending power of a *real* pure sativa.

You'll probably never be able to find one (most everything these days has been bred for flower times to be short).

I don't care who sells the beans or what they call the strain.

It just ain't a pure sativa.

The Flying Dutchman (TFD) still sells a true Haze (I think they call it 'The Pure'?) but it still has some indica in it.

TFD is the only holder of the original Haze cut....everyone else has lost that true strain (save for some of us cagey old fuckers).

If it finishes in less than 14 weeks....I won't even smoke it, let alone grow it.

Waste of my time.

• Like 1

....The Flying Dutchman (TFD) still sells a true Haze (I think they call it 'The Pure'?) but it still has some indica in it....

...they call their Skunk#1 "the Pure" ;)

• Like 1

n2ishun what u think about the stuff ace seeds are offering? ever grown some?

ace seeds are NOT landrace genetics in the slightest.

I doubt they have ever seen a true sativa or know what one grows like.

They have made a name for themselves with kids that do not know what a landrace even looks like.

Ask the 50+ y.o. people...not many real strains since the late 70's.

Sam ripped off skunk and haze (yea, the little shit is worthless)...took it to A'dam.

Everything you will ever find has the genes from one or the other in it.

A real sativa will easily grow to 20+ foot outdoors.

Sometimes 30.

Yea....I know.

You've never seen one either and that makes my statement hard to believe.

Now you know why I will keep growing nothing but true sats....and I will never again let one single bean out.

Every stoopid mofo wants to cross them with this or that.

That is how the dutch fucking ruined everything.

Why people do not understand that.....?!?

Bah, I'll get shit for this post too.

Dunna matter to me.

I don't have a problem understanding why a true sativa needs to be true.

I seem to be the only one who does though.

• Like 1

If you have an unlimited supply of hybrid or sat-dom seeds this is the only way to grow. Yes you will yield less per plant BUT the plants usually grow in a fashion that will allow you to fit more in the same space. Under an HID 1oz each is easy and you can get 1-2 per sq ft.

If it is pure indica you'll probably end with about a half o or so. If i vegged a plant for 1 month from seed i could probably only fit 2 in a 4x4 so idk how you guys do it.

With just a little bit of planning you could utilize 12/12 from seed to increase your yield.

Google perpetual from seed and read the success stories.

@n2ishun

thanks for ur reply! its a strange topic with true sats. i guess i never saw one haha u have pics from some to post in here? and its not possible to get anywhere any seeds or do i have to crouch through a jungle myself to get some?

greetz

Guest Provence

Karma, this guy is full of....

ace seeds are NOT landrace genetics in the slightest.

I doubt they have ever seen a true sativa or know what one grows like.

Only you have great old beans, no one else does.

Ace, CBG, The Real Seed Company, Reeferman, Ben Dronkers..they can't grow for shit.

They've never had a 20 or 22 weeks Sativa from Thailand, Laos, Cambodia or Reunion Island.

They wouldn't even know how to grow them.

Such a bliss that you're here to help us.

• Like 3

Hey and don't forget that n2ishun can get 4g/w :D:D:D:d yet he hasn't proven even 2g/w grow. Every fucking time I read his post it makes me angry like now he's bashing ACE seeds who is one of the most reliable seed dealers and selling extremely exotic varieties.. Get over yourself n2 seriously.

4g/w ?!?! wtf?!?!

how is that possible?

i got me some ace-stuff and for floweringtimes and their decriptions i thought that they were landraces or at least hybrids of them...

greetz! :wave:

4g per watt isn't impossible by any means, but the catch is grams per watt doesn't give you enough information. What lighting, how many plants, how long in veg, how long flowered? Look up heath robinsons flooded tube vertical. If I'm not mistaken, he pulled 3 to 5 gpw with 2 600w bulbs in a cubic meter or so. Only 146 plants iirc. Lol.

There was a dude with all numbers for his name who claimed he regularly pulled 5gpw, it became known as the 57 tek. He grew out a sog style garden, and stripped every single bit of growth below the very top node, when the plants were put into flower. He didn't give final weights, but he did empirically prove that he wasn't completely crazy

i'd like to see such monster-grows. i will research it....u have to have some serious skills to put these numbers :D i think with a 400 Watt lamp, it's not possible but i would like to get corrected on this.

For real, 1600g with a single 400w, over the life of the bulb, sure. Lol, in a single grow though? I wouldn't believe it either.

Heath robinsons journal is still over at rollitup, and he keeps impeccable records.

• Like 1