Phuuu's IPA Project

AK47 Northern Lights Super Skunk Green Manalishi

325 replies to this topic

#1 BeachBud

Well Infused

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2498 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Old Cars, Computers and Growing Good Weed.

Posted 07 January 2016 - 04:46 PM

Hello and welcome to my current project. :)

After a year of running as many beans from my stash as I could I have chosen a different course for this new year. I plan to concentrate on the one cross I have grown to date that has been most effective for my chronic nerve pain. That is Phuuu's IPA, a wonderful cross made by friend and OG member Phuuu Ad. This cross of a AK47/Northern Lights mother with a Super Skunk dad has produced a cross that smells and tastes very much like an IPA beer. The resemblance to beer comes from Myrcene, a terpene present in Phuuu's IPA bud. In fact, the sample I had tested showed Myrcene as the only terpene present which is a bit unusual.

For whatever reason Phuuu's IPA bud gives me superior pain reduction compared to any other cannabis I've tried. Since I began using it as my main medicine via infused glycerin my quality of life has really improved. I have read with interest here on OG and other boards the stories of folks and the different crosses that have helped them with their conditions.

One of the names I kept seeing was Green Manalishi, a g13 based cross from Motarebel. The dudes at NAW seeds have made good use of GM in some of their crosses but they have concentrated on the female side. I am curious how Green Manalishi pollen might impact the Phuuu's IPA.

So, that is what I intend to find out in the following months. I currently have four IPA females that are 4 weeks into 12's. They came from the short pheno of IPA and are all under 30" tall. I took a cut from each of those and they are waiting in the veg area. I also planted 5 beans from the tall IPA pheno and they are just now coming up. I plan to ultimately choose one girl from each pheno to be hit with GM pollen. I have a small space to work in so I will run the IPA's first, make my selection and keep clones of the winners until I can grow out a nice looking GM dude.

I'll get some pics up and better introduce you to Phuuu's IPA in my next post. Cya then. :D

#NOTMYPRESIDENT

#2 bluebach

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 05:03 PM

I've been seeing those names too.

Look forward to your pics.

#3 Barrie84

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 05:06 PM

Nice looking forward to this project!!

You looking for some nice large and producing pheno`s..... :innocent:
Hybride Freak

#4 bigun

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3943 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 06:49 PM

I am in..looking forward as always to your new thread..have a good one.

#5 Phuuu Ad

ordinary member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:Growing, walking, breathing

Posted 08 January 2016 - 05:00 AM

Nice to see your love for them, it makes me so glad that they are helping anyone.
Take good care of them i know you will.

cheers
Phuuu
Honestly, I just came here for the HD apples.

#6 Hempyfan

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3606 posts
  • Interests:I have seen God! They never tell you what to do after that. So I vape on and I vape on..
    Jah Bless!

Posted 08 January 2016 - 10:12 AM

Wonderful and I look forward following this.

Was it a particular pheno that helped you more or was it the strain in general?

To Phuuu, that is the pat on the back you take! Bravo in your work!
I say Jah Bless. I say this I ask for blessing in all that I do and blessing to all those who take time to read me. If it causes a person issue, understand my meaning and I wish you well under whatever view or belief. To be simply happy and Joy in your heart is all I hope and mean!

#7 saxo

GroMagnon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5253 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 03:40 PM

...i´m in too,Beach ! it´s gonna be intrestin.... :popcorn:

greets saxo

#8 BeachBud

Well Infused

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 05:34 PM

Hello all and thanks for kicking off the new thread. :)

I have been anxious all day because I had to take our little 12 year old dog into the vet. He was going to try a surgery that he didn't know would work out until he tried and if if did not work then we would have a one eyed dog if we still had a dog. :o So, I have been pacing all morning until I got a call and was so relieved to hear all went pretty well. I am off to pick her up in a few minutes but wanted to take the time to respond before I do.

@Phuuu - it seems so random that a guy in the states with a bum leg somehow hooks up with a guy in europe who's seeds make such an impact on his life. Some things are meant to be it seems. :D

@hempyfan - So far all the IPA I've grown share the same aroma and effectiveness. The tall pheno can have a more volatile/pungent property but the overall smell is the same.

thanks again guys, now I'm off to pick up my little sweetheart. :)

#NOTMYPRESIDENT

#9 Nightmara

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • Interests:music,skate,ski, snowboard and fast n fly sativas

Posted 09 January 2016 - 09:51 AM

I think the fact that it only has Myrcene terpine might be the reason why it has so good pain relieving effects since myrcene is associated with "numbing" and "couchlock" effects.
Smelled friends AK48 yesterday and it had insane soda aroma :) doesn't still quite beat IPA aroma :D

#10 oldschoolsg

cannabis lover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2421 posts
  • Interests:music,guitar,nature in general,fishing,hunting,snowboard,good home grown organic weed :D relax outside and enjoy life with my Girl. I love beer and would love to brew some one day.

Posted 09 January 2016 - 02:20 PM

very excited about this project continuation, good luck beachbud!

good for you and your dog! enjoy every moment, the little things that matter the most!

will be watching!! good stuff man!

best of luck :wave:

#11 BeachBud

Well Infused

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 05:36 PM

@Nightmara - Yes, I have considered myrcene as being part of the reason it works well. The IPA does not have a couch lock effect though. It is more heady but definitely numbing.

@ oldschoolsg - thanks man :) I am much relieved today and the dog is sleeping a lot which is good because she really hates the cone head thing she has to wear. She was running into everything with it when we first got home but now she has learned to navigate with it much better. So far so good.

OK, now I'd like to introduce Phuuu's IPA to those who have not followed the Beach House threads. As I mention before I found 2 phenos when I grew out the my first run of Phuuu's IPA, #1 was the tall one and the short one was #3. Here's a look at each of them late in flower.

Phuuu's IPA #1

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Phuuu's IPA #3

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Number 1's buds were more cone shaped and #3's more rounded to flat on top. Number 3 may have a slightly better trichome profile. Otherwise they smell very similar and each share the same effect, a nice clear though somewhat narcotic head high accompanied by a very strong body buzz that is long lasting. More importantly to myself, it knocks my pain level down a good 2-3 points better than any other weed I've tried.

So those were the moms I made seed from. Now we jump forward to the babies from those seeds. First up are the progeny from #3. They are about 4 weeks into 12's now and they all turned out considerably shorter than the mother. Here's a look.

Posted Image

Phuuu's IPA #1

Posted Image

Phuuu's IPA #2

Posted Image

Phuuu's IPA #3

Posted Image

Phuuu's IPA #4

Posted Image

Number 2 is the short one of the bunch and her buds show little of the clawing that is normal for IPA. She also has the thickest frost at this point. Numbers 1 and 4 are like twins and #3 is the largest in the group with the most clawing and the second best frost production after #2.

In the veg area I have cuts from each as well as seedlings from IPA #1 seeds. I'll get a shot of them in the next update. Cya then....

#NOTMYPRESIDENT

#12 bluebach

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 06:26 PM

I thought I was getting a grip on things.

But you have just shaken everything I know to its core.

I can't even hit the like button, I'm too much in shock.

I won't be speaking again tonight, I'm going to find a dark corner...

#13 bluebach

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 06:31 PM

Except to say, that is some real exceptional photography there, even by OG standards.

Truly magnificent, on every level.

Bravo.

#14 Nightmara

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • Interests:music,skate,ski, snowboard and fast n fly sativas

Posted 09 January 2016 - 06:43 PM

#3 is looking very good! : )

#15 BeachBud

Well Infused

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 07:37 PM

Well thanks bluebach, your appreciation is indeed appreciated. :)

@Nightmara - yes, she is my fav so far but the shorty #2 has some impressive trich coverage. The next few weeks will show the winner.

#NOTMYPRESIDENT

#16 saxo

GroMagnon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5253 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 04:16 AM

beautyful ,fat bushes to choose from,BeachBro :tu Best of Luck with your Med-Selection !!

greets saxo

#17 BeachBud

Well Infused

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 10:22 PM

thank you my friend, I am looking forward to this new batch of IPA and am glad as always to have your input. :)

#NOTMYPRESIDENT

#18 bigun

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3943 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 12:41 PM

nice grow BB. those IPA's look very interesting. looks like some great outside gems.

#19 oldschoolsg

cannabis lover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2421 posts
  • Interests:music,guitar,nature in general,fishing,hunting,snowboard,good home grown organic weed :D relax outside and enjoy life with my Girl. I love beer and would love to brew some one day.

Posted 13 January 2016 - 12:11 PM

from your excitement and all the smell/taste/effect report you made over time on that one she really sound like a special one!

ak 47 was in the first homegrown I've tried smoking, really was something special!

sounds like a crazy lineage that ipa! long lasting is really an essential when dealing with nerve pain...

thank you beachbud for good content and awesome pictures, always a treat :icecream:

stay safe :wave:

#20 bigun

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3943 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 12:56 PM

BB&OS, I know about nerve damage and the pain, burning that goes with it. I have acute necropsy in my feet and legs. my doctor said if I quit cannabis he would give me medicine for it,tramaedol ,(sp) I told him I would keep my weed and he could give the drugs to other people that didn't have the good medicine. he said he understood and had another VN vet, tell him the same about more potent drug than he was offering me. take care and let us all protect our wonderful, drug free medicine. :wave: