•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Looks the business Worm, great job!

Its cool seeing the difference in bud development between LED and HPS. At 38 days the HPS buds look bigger. A lot more hairs. I won't say either looks better than the other. Both are frosty. :icecream:

Was it by coincidence or design that the Watt/area is almost the same in each of the grows respectively? I bet each is similar in umole/watt...would be cool if Wazzup was here to provide some lighting commentary. Miss that dude.

Looking back at the HPS plants, they seemed to have developed much bigger leaves even though they started out about the same size clones, and vegged about the same as the LED. I assume it's more related to heat than anything? HPS producing more....I didn't look back and pay attention to temps...

You noticed shorter internode development as well which I've seen too. Do you think this will hurt yield? Sometimes LED buds may be smaller, but denser.

BTW...I have used LED too...Similar equipment....36V @ 2.5 A. I like using them in conjuction with HPS or Induction. Your lower amperage way is much more efficient though. Mine throw a lot of heat along with the light :whistle:

Anyway, I'm new here. Been lurking for years, but couldn't help but say thanks for showing such a cool series of grows.

• Like 1

@Karma

:lol:

Don´t think you will fit in this little dr80 tent

@astronomikl

Thanks! Selene will not disappoint you.

@jetdro

Thanks!

@trimmer

Yep it´s nice to see the difference between hps and cob led. The hps buds are bigger and the pistels are also fatter then grown under cob led. The cristal production under cob led is way higher than under hps and the buds are sticky´er. We will see what the scale says in a couple of weeks tho.

No it wasn´t by coincidence that the umol/s/m2 is alsmost the same as in the gavtia 750W DE set up. I wanted to see/experience all those ´hps killer setup´ story´s for myself so i calculated to get the same amount of umol/s/m2 in cob led tent as in comparance with the hps set up. The plus for cob led is you will need less watt/area to get the same amount umol/s/m2. Well think Whazzup is busy at gavita, saw he posted on RIU a while ago, we all miss that guy even on wietforum he doesn´t comes around anymore... pittyfull...

The temps and humidity are round the same as in the hps tent. The plants under hps developed much bigger leaves with longer and thicker fingers, also the pistels were much bigger. Because of less radiation / ir output from the cob leds they evaporate less to stay cool so they don´t have to make big leafs. The plants ask less water under cob led, under hps 1 gave 7L tapwater on a 60L tube each other day under cobs it´s 4 L water every other day. So that´s an sign they evaporate way less.

No i don´t think shorter internode development will hurt the yield, it will make the buds denser. We will see in about 3 weeks when they are chopped and trimmed.

Some pics day 43

gallery_20993_18701_542875.jpg

gallery_20993_18701_492304.jpg

gallery_20993_18701_21878.jpg

gallery_20993_18701_489007.jpg

gallery_20993_18701_305959.jpg

gallery_20993_18701_622005.jpg

gallery_20993_18701_821487.jpg

gallery_20993_18701_380835.jpg

gallery_20993_18701_590004.jpg

gallery_20993_18701_487244.jpg

gallery_20993_18701_635702.jpg

spliff.gif

Worm

• Like 11

Thanks for the cool reply´s guys!!

Paar plaatjes day 48 12/12

gallery_20993_18701_362082.jpg

gallery_20993_18701_340511.jpg

gallery_20993_18701_26395.jpg

gallery_20993_18701_1110558.jpg

gallery_20993_18701_1174909.jpg

:spliff:

Worm

• Like 10

Worm

Thank you for your detailed response. Great insight on the leaf size. Such lovely colors on her. She's a beaut

How long does this pheno take to flower.....8 weeks? Can you describe the smells you're getting.

• Like 1

@gardenartus

Selene will not dispoint you, lots of nice stuff to find in a couple of beans!

@barrie

Bedankt man!

Yep they are very nice to see, wish you could smell them bitches, the smell freaking sweet at the moment.

@saxo

Vielen dank mein freund!

@bigun

It smokes even better then she looks :lol:

@astronomiki

The smell is very sweet floral/flowery, also has something earthy. Some peeps who smoked her also say she has something hazy and sweet chocolate in the taste. I´m not a star in discribing the flavour and smell.

@trimmer

No thanks :tu:

She takes about 8 / 8,5 weeks to finish, for the smells i would point you to reaction above :D .

@topic

Lady´s are nearing the end, leafs starting to yellow, buds are making bulges and the trips are sucking on the leaf juices. The plants will get another 5 days before they will be chopped.

Some pics

Day 53 12/12

gallery_20993_18701_221607.jpg

gallery_20993_18701_662706.jpg

gallery_20993_18701_1561810.jpg

gallery_20993_18701_1058879.jpg

gallery_20993_18701_2980586.jpg

gallery_20993_18701_301726.jpg

gallery_20993_18701_254722.jpg

gallery_20993_18701_589498.jpg

gallery_20993_18701_547348.jpg

gallery_20993_18701_1718709.jpg

Worm

• Like 8

Damn...it just keeps getting better..

bro, u sure have doen a great job. haven't seen any better.

u gonna have GREAT smoke shortly..

take care and b safe

• Like 1

First off....nice photo skills...great field of view for all the detail. Is that just an AF or a DSLR?

Second...boner alert!

You are close to the end. Good luck with trimming! :icecream: Selene looks to be a great strain Can't wait to pheno hunt it. These flowers look better than the HPS ones, just my 2 cents.

BTW....are you gonna sample during the whole harvest window? Maybe the COBs changed something to that? Or maybe I just put my tin hat back on.....

@bigun

Thanks for the nice reply!!

Much appreciated

:showoff:

@Trimmer

My photo skills are kinda poor, need to take a shit load of flicks to get a couple of nice and clear. This worm doesn´t know wat AF or DSLR means. :D . Camera is an Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ72 nothing really fancy tho...

Don´t think this flowers look nicer then grown under HPS, they are both nice, led buds are a little bit smaller and have more resin.

Nope don´t take samples what so ever.

@topic

Found a letter in the mailbox today.... Need everything cleaned up and stashed away cause there is some insurance/contractor guy coming to make an inspection because of construction on a nearby construction site in the near future. So i cut the ladys today...

Day 55 12/12

Selene upside down

gallery_20993_18701_175048.jpg

Will be back with some budshots and the end result when all is dry and manicured properly. Asked a independent person to do an smoke report, also asked if he would test out the difference between HPS and led grown Selene.

• Like 6

I would say the way to look at light is what is best for your environment. I personally have not seen a direct exchange for HPS but the LED's I have seen are a good second.

Price wise at, especially in initial price I like HPS and LEC MH for fuller spectrum and intensity. However, I cannot throw a stone at the full spectrum quality LED lights but I thus far I agree with you on them.

If one can handle the heat I recommend HPS and LEC MH, MH, LED or plasma for better spectrum if looking to add quality.

If only one light and can handle heat, HPS.

If heat is an issue I recommend LED, LEC MH, Plasma.

• Like 1

Totally agree hempy!

Final score

267gr

0,89 gr/w

417gr/m2

2 pica´s of the end product

gallery_20993_18701_220322.jpg

gallery_20993_18701_744773.jpg

Worm

• Like 7

Do you think both have the same amount of crystals , it just looks more on the led buds because they are tighter ?

Beautiful looking pics and bud : )

BEAUTIFUL BUDS..WOW :icecream:

I HAVE SMOKED IT AND LOVE THE SWEET TASTE LEFT IN MY MOUTH.

great job.forgot the caps was on.