•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

hobbs

Last resort guerrilla

So I was hoping to be in a more stable living situation by this time; I first started making plans to grow maybe five months ago.. Grr.. But things haven't worked out as neatly as I had hoped, and I am still living out of a 65L rucksack with no money, and worse still, no pot.

So the idea came to me just tonight.. I'm saying f*** it to the idea of waiting to get a job, saving enough to get a deposit for a flat, then saving some more to get some fancy gear to eventually start my growing adventure. I just wanna do it straight.. Get busy.. So I've decided to go scouting for a spot in the woods here at 48 degrees north.. tomorrow night, and start clearing some ground, preparing the soil for a round of autos.

It will be my first grow, and a low risk, low maintenance experiment. Also something to keep me from going crazy in this catch-22 bureaucratic nightmare world I'm living in. I'm interested in the microbe orientated approach to growing, and was thinking of clearing a small patch and putting some cow s*** on top and some mulch in preparation for spring. Gotta do something lol.

• Like 1

Doesn't sound half bad Hobbs.

I am fortunate to have been more blessed in this ridiculous system we live in, and bought the fancy equipment while renting. While I can say that the control of indoors is fun, I have packed away my tents and put the girls outside. So much less paranoid now that I won't be caught with a canna 'lab', and I love the outdoors; beats sitting inside looking at girls under a funny colour light with glasses on anyday! Also, all that electricity comes from mining and burning coal... What a fucked up world...

If your plan works out, you'll get to spend time with them in a forest! That's like combining two of my favourite activities :P If the soil's decent, you will probably need to worry most about pests getting to them. Our friend Saxo should have some guerrilla wisdom for you.

Keep us posted.

• Like 1

looks like,you´re in a good region to running some plants out in the woods. look for a nice,stealth place and prepair the ground,if needed.

good luck,hobbs!!

Guest Provence

yeah like saxo says, preparing the ground is of utmost importance.

if you need some pieces of advice, just ask and we'll do our best to help you.

good luck!

If you like fishing.... go fishing! :D

Back when wheels were square... ;)

We would have a fishing day. We would catch all of the pest species in the river, (which was Carp for us) and throw one or two fish in each hole we dug outdoors near our fishing spot.

Fill it back up with dirt, and put a cowpat on top of it.

Wait for the first rain of spring, and plant out :)

The fish breaks down over summer and is very available come Autumn when the roots hit it ;)

I think we used to do a few handfuls of chicken poo during the summer.

These days you have seaweed, worm castings, molasses, guano... it's an organic candyland :D

Work out your pest management plans... from garlic to Indiana Jones style traps

You never have to worry about questions... its your fishing spot ;)

There is always time for a quick fish during checkups and watering :P

• Like 1

....if you want to use the fish-in-a-hole methode,you may reckon that animals(fox...) smell the "Food" below the ground and dig it out to eat.....

we use to dig holes and fill it up with pre-fertilized soil from Gardencentre

Thanks for the encouragement folks! I went out this morning and found an area on a northwest facing slope that's just covered in nettles.. Lots of them. If I could find a way into the middle of there without making too much of a mess (of the bushes and myself), I doubt someone would accidentally stumble across it.. I worry about dogs though.. Do all dogs go crazy when they smell a pot plant? Or just the ones that are trained to? I didn't go as far out as I might have done, and there was a path and a lookout post (but facing the other way) at the top of the hill.. About 20m further up..

Fish in the hole sounds good, I've never been fishing but I think it would be right up my street.. In terms of pest control I'm thinking (after a browse of the threads on this forum) of using eggshells and piss so far.. Maybe also some sort of cage thing for when it's small.

How deep a hole should I be thinking of per plant? Fish in the bottom with some *ahem* free compost I found there and a soil drench of some fermented microbes from the local area (from theunconventionalfarmer) are what I have in mind for soil prep (plus some poop of course).. I was thinking Mother Nature would provide the rest..

It started to rain and I wasn't properly equipped (food, water, gloves, a knife and a spoon for digging with lol) this morning so I came back early, but I'll head out again soon and take some photos and maybe you guys could advise on pros and cons of a certain spot?

Anyway, it was nice to be back in a forest.. Fun times

• Like 1

Do all dogs go crazy when they smell a pot plant?

....No. only trained dogs and stoner dogs maybe :D

the hole should have the size of a 10L-Bowl,if you want to run auto-plants.for bigger(photoperiote plants) make a bigger/deeper hole

....if you want to use the fish-in-a-hole methode,you may reckon that animals(fox...) smell the "Food" below the ground and dig it out to eat.....

we use to dig holes and fill it up with pre-fertilized soil from Gardencentre

Saxo is right about "meaty" items being sought out by scavengers.

A whole, ungutted fish @ 2 ft usually doesn't permeate smell that badly whereas 'blood n bone' which is very active attracts everything within miles for a dig :)

That being said, I re read that you are using 'autoflowers'?

The life cycle may be too quick for the fish?

Your in good hands here with these guys ;)

... Chuck Norris's of outdoor cultivation :)

• Like 1

For the record, I didn't write this. Good ol copy n paste.

-----

--

-----

heres a style of geurilla growing that has been sucessful for 20 years for me. first off let me say this was passed down from a seasoned old school grower that has been growing 40 plus years

. first get a lightweight chainsaw and clear 20 feet by 20 feet plots well off the beaten path, and i mean way away from any place anybody ever goes. make sure its fairly close by a water source. do this in january and in february dig and till the soil adding lime if the soils ph is low add sulfur if its too high until it gets to around 6.5 . i add lime due to the red clay we have here being terribly acidic. if growing in clay you have to add perlite,peat,and make sure to cultivate it very well due to clay holdind way too much water and drying out like cement. this 20 x 20 plot holds 10 clones topped and trained to grow like bushes. tieing every branch down increases light penetration and keeps everything low . ive had choppers fly right over several plots like these and never notice anything. but if some hunter walks up on it you can bet you will lose them either they steal the rewards of your hard labor or they alert the cops. plant these only where you know no one else will go. then theres the monster trees that are planted in huge holes of peat,perlite, and well cultivated native soils. make sure your native soil is decent enough plant into. if not dig big holes and buy any good soilless mix and put that into the holes. you need a big hole too, 4 feet deep 4 feet across filled with your choice of quality soilless mix. sunshine mix, pro mix, fafards 3b are all top shelf for this. i use fafards 3b mix.

now as far as nutes are concerned i have been using advanced nutes heavy harvest. i was skeptical because of the hype but for geurilla growing, it works the best and is everybit as good as they say. biggest heaviest buds ive ever grown/seen thus far. this shit really works. but if price is a concern, jacks classic all purpose 20 20 20 for veg and blossom booster for flowering or better gro orchid plus for veg and their bloom booster for flowering. both are reasonably priced and have great results. the orchid food contains micro nutes too. the sunshine is what grows the harvests but proper feeding makes all the difference in the world. if the pigs find your pot, but nothing that can tie it back to you they cant charge anybody. indoors you are a sitting duck, i learned that the hard way. if you plant them in a low lying area they wont have to be watered much if any only problem with this is if you get heavy rainfall they could drown. not so much a problem here as summers get extremely hot and have very long droughts. i try to plant all my plots in low lying areas, i only really need to water to feed them this way. i do lug water in just not a lot. usually the first 3 weeks after transplanting are crucial and the young clones/seedlings can dry up at nothing. once they get their roots firmly planted they can get all the moisture they need without having to water them. plant in early spring during the rainy season and no need to carry water in unless they need food. you can also use some kind of time released nute such as osmocote from the start and only add nutes after they began flowering

. if the trees from seed get too big tie them down and top them several times to prevent that typical christmas tree shape. the guys in the sky look for that x mas tree shape. also dont leave bare naked freshly broken ground exposed. i cant express this point enough! a former cop and now a med pot user told me this. never leave trails also. go a different route everytime you visit the plots. also give surrounding vegetation some nutes as well to blend them in. blackberry bryers and honeysuckle vines stay green after the frost too. if you dont have either of these find another plant species that stays green after the frost. if not your pot will be bright green surrounded by a bunch of brown vegetation! picture this from the air! sticks out like a sorethumb. always dress in full camo and never be seen! do your work very very early in the morning. scout the place out before planting anything there and use trail cams to see who or what comes around your chosen spot. this makes sure its a safe location before you go wasting your time.

when flowering begans start feeding with any good flowering nute and feed them 3 times a week until harvest. these are all tried and true methods but you just have to accept that theres alot of shit that can an probably will cause you to lose some of your harvest. how much you lose depends on luck and how skillfully you plan everything out. even still you could lose it all but its highly unlikely you will lose it all. have several plots and dont have all of them too close. meaning put them miles and miles apart. an atv is a godsend to a geurilla farmer too. how big you go is completely up to you. never have a partner unless its a family member that you completely trust. its best to just work alone whenever possible though. ive had family members rip me off too! tell no one! show no one! and try to grow early finishing indicas and a few earlier finishing sativas. remember , sativas will get huge! plan for it and top and train them to stay low and bushy. if ive missed anything just ask away but that should pretty much cover all the basics of geurilla growing. peace and happy growing amw

• Like 1

I have seen drones this fall flying like lawn mowers in the air. I wonder what they were looking for? Maybe some study on global warming or farming or whatnot but these things I think you should account for.

@youngsta

Yeah that's a good post.. Pity I don't have a chainsaw ha..No exposed freshly broken ground and no Christmas trees.. Sounds like good advice.. Don't be seen, yeah.. I might just end up sleeping near the patch come summer. Stake it out.. Just think; if you saw a wild man dressed like tarzan capering through the forest your first reaction would be to steer clear right? Could defend a spot near harvest time this way. stealth by audacity haha.. "this is my HOME!" it could get political.. Misdirection!

@hempy

Ah.. That sounds annoying. I'm mostly concerned about the smell come flowering though to be honest.. If I'm careful enough my plant(s) will just look like another bush in a big green forest.. I'm leaning towards indicas strain-wise because of the faster turnover, shorter plants and type of stone (from what I've READ.. Bloody hell I've only ever smoked schwag).

@rose

I mentioned autoflowering plants because I'd prefer a faster growth cycle, and looking at some of the outdoor grow reports on here I'm frankly a little bit intimidated by the yield you can get from a plant that's been in veg three or four months lol. I'm operating on my own; I'm not sure how I'd be able to handle multiple kilos lol. That said, whatever I manage to grow I will turn into hash, so growing a big tree could work out.. Also, the danger of having a bush becoming too visible because of surrounding falling leaves does not appeal really.. Ai.. I don't know yet.. Perhaps an auto trial run, to get the hang of growing.. I don't have any seeds yet, I'm mostly focusing on soil at the moment..

Today I started preparing my homemade bacto, I'm gathering microbes from grassland and woods (cooked carbohydrate source left in a container with holes to gather mould).. I'll check on those in a week and if they're all good I'll feed them up with honey :) and then use that to speed up composting.

Haven't dug my hole yet.. It occurred to me today that it's actually still winter.. Scouting around for free amendments.. Leaf mold, Rotting wood, cardboard, coffee grounds etc.. I'm still liking the fish at the bottom of the hole thing though, could be an incentive to grow a photoperiod monster.. There should also be some stables nearby for some horse crap woo!

• Like 1

.... I'm operating on my own; I'm not sure how I'd be able to handle multiple kilos lol....

... :rofl :rofl "multiple kilos" is one of the major problems in growing

• Like 4

... :rofl :rofl "multiple kilos" is one of the major problems in growing

Yeah.. I'm gonna just try and ignore logistical issues relating to harvest and drying for now, and just hope for the best..

Today I refound the first spot I was considering.. After doing some reading on the gc forums on guerrilla technique, it occurred to me that I Really need to know my way around the place where I intend to grow.. It's easy to get lost in a forest, and the wilderness is no joke. So I've been exploring.

I also refound the compost pile and filled a rubbish bag with it. Very dark, fine.. I'm pleased:

gallery_14521_5377_788189.jpg

I dumped my bag full in a kids park near where I'm staying in the city.. It will have to do as a compost spot.. I'm figuring the worst that can happen is that someone takes a whizz on the pile, which is no bad thing..

I got some coffee grounds from a starbux (I hear they have to give them away for free, if asked), and another rubbish bag full of fallen leaves.. I'm gonna just keep adding stuff to the pile in the hope it'll grow me some tasty bud.

And once my microbe stew is complete I'll feed that to the pile too. I'll add pics and method if it goes right with the breeding..

Got to keep scouting for grow spots now :)

Strain-wise I'm leaning towards critical kush.. might as well start with something that's at least supposed to be good for hash and forgiving of mistakes when grown.

• Like 3

Make sure you cover that ground when your done so it does not stand out, your soil color will give you away. That is like a light house to eyes in the sky. make the ground look same.

Depending on where you live they will go out spotting in spring and look for this kind of thing. This is in part how they find the really good hidden ones. They were not hidden well during prep.

If this is any potential. I would go plant a tree and look for another area. Well, unless you did conceal area after pic than its all good.

That there is a community compost pile, situated at one of the entrances to a public green space (forest).. That's a community shovel as well, I believe.. I didn't steal it though, much as I need one.

I'm guessing the park rangers put the compost there; they are pretty active in these woods, there are nature trails and reforestation areas all over. So the pic is of their pile, not mine lol, I only took a little bit. But yeah, I did cover my pile with the surrounding soil when I dumped it in the park hempy :)

These woods sound too populated for my liking, even though they cover a very large area. Got to be careful, or go further afield, or both. Soil is on hold too now while I focus on making fertilisers.. I'm starting a lactobacillus serum today..

when digging the holes ,don´t put the new soil straight in the hole. put soil in a Plastic(Garbage)-bag,( prevents flushing out the nutes by rain)

• Like 1

Thanks for the tip, saxo.

I'm still active on this, haven't given up :)

I'm going to have to retry BIMs.. First go didn't work out. I'm a few days into the fermentation stages of a lactobacillus serum, though I've no idea how it's going.. Time will tell.

Finding a spot is proving more difficult than I thought, I followed a watercourse upstream the other day and came upon a beautiful clearing in the forest.. Tall grass, rotting logs.. And then I found where someone had dumped the used soil from a past grow.. lol.. The perlite gives it away. So I need to keep going. It's a bit frustrating.

Strain-wise I'm now leaning back towards autos. I see more likelihood for a successful harvest. So, automazar is currently top of the list (Dutch passion currently have a 2 for 1 deal going on these).

And i think I'm gonna do a very very simple grow. Mostly local soil boosted with my own natural ferts, mycorrhiza and mulch. I'd love to go deeper into organics, but I've got to think practicality.

when digging the holes ,don´t put the new soil straight in the hole. put soil in a Plastic(Garbage)-bag,( prevents flushing out the nutes by rain)

or just the plastic on the bottom of the hole , it will dissolve easy not go away but like holes in it and the roots after a while can penetrate the bag , i never do this thou,

small plants dont like so much food any way , so i just add top layers, :book:

the roots under is more tap roots and stabilizing roots the most eating food roots is near the surface small spider net roots i use to scratch these so new will come they can take up more food :mobile:

i would add coco and perlite to that mix you have there make it airier you know and some myccoriza in there too

and one more thing dont digg much make em on a hill its better so in general you just need a scratcher

gallery_9754_4269_1797.jpg

this goes to a stik dont need to bend down u know

and you can make island i like islands best more space like this bro the scratcher is the way to make your life easier

gallery_9754_4261_75994.jpg

you water in the outer lane so no moist will touch your main stem and roots hunt a little for water that way and you protect from fungi

gallery_9754_4261_176392.jpg

and then protection if you like and a nice scrog at the same time

net the net

gallery_9754_4261_98851.jpg

i really think you need to find the nets in green color for more protection from the choppers but could work ......

and after a while you be like this

gallery_9754_4261_52665.jpg

i hope this helped jah bless folks :wave:

• Like 6

Hey fatrasta, thanks for the advice.. Yeah digging holes with a spoon is no fun, i should try a fork instead!

I've been experimenting with making my own organic fertilisers, and not without success.. I completed a batch of lactobacillus serum, which i then lost (stashed it outdoors but i guess someone removed it).. Made another batch and it turned out alright, but i haven't kept the results.. I'm happy just getting used to the process for now, i intend to go pretty hard with organics once i have my own space.

I actually found a coco brand that includes some mycorrhiza, i was thinking of adding that to the soil mix.. I'm worried about location though.. I found a lovely spot (not too easy to get to, and it's very close to a good water source, maybe too close), but people definitely go there.. There's a lot of litter.. So the search continues.. Was seriously considering growing up a tree, since the problems with common pests can be avoided that way, but i think the plants would be healthier in the ground, especially when it comes to sourcing water. I would have to visit them way more if they were in a tree, so in the end which way is more stealth? Its no question which is more effort..

And the police here are stopping and searching an awful lot.. I hate to say it but i might have to put growing on hold.. Or just keep looking for a patch of fucking dirt to put a seed into.. Arrgh!

security first bro, yea do what you need to do man :wave:

if you have any issues just shoot bro

jah bless bro

Fatrasta's advice a couple times have upped the quality of my outdoor & indoor herb permanently. Much good karma to him. Regular good advise from a competent outdoor grower who knows his climate and plants. If you been doing this a while Hobbs, most of what he says rings true, some of the details (like brix and hillside planting) yep. The guy can farm. :)

-safety first though

-Passion