•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Ben Tokin

Ben Tokins staggered harvest pics

Beautiful plants there. The shackzilla and msu1. Are gorgeous

• Like 1

Back for an update. Its been a while. I went to colorado last month and have been lazy with updates(and growing) ever since. Everything is cured up nicely. Got some more bushes going. 2 sour secret clones, a salmon river (#2) that i didnt have room for last run, 2 chemical desires by mota (#2 and #5) and soliloqueen #6 from last round. Theres also a crypt keeper but i didnt care for the first one i grew last round so i have been neglecting it. These are about 3 weeks in

2 secrets and 2 chem desires all in 7 gallon fabric pots

gallery_16155_5847_959953.jpg

Salmon river #2 in a 10 gallon with soliloqueen #6 in the upper left corner Could have been trained better but should have some solid arms when done

gallery_16155_5847_3472020.jpg

Some pics from recent ski trips for the hell of it

gallery_16155_5847_885378.jpg

gallery_16155_5847_3852897.jpg

gallery_16155_5847_2359256.jpg

First to get in the woods in the morning after 6 inches...a skiiers dream

gallery_16155_5847_5163755.jpg

• Like 5

Awesome thread Ben... I just went though this whole thread again, from the beginning.

You are a very good grower, my friend... the proof is in the pictures.

I love the color of your purple Sugar Punch and hope you find the "hot pink" pheno next time, bro! I have pics of one in my gallery.

You have a very impressive trichome per square inch ratio in most everything you grow... this is not just genetics, it's experience and skill too.

I have to say, the plant I would have kept going all this time is from your March 08, 2016 post of the plant with too many leaves coming from the nodes... to me, it looks like it started out as a whorled phyllotaxy and morphed into a tetraploid. Four leaves coming from each internode doesn't necessarily mean that it is a tetraploid, but it would be fun to grow it anyway.

A tetraploid plants THC level can be twice as powerful as a normal plant. I have two whorled phyllotaxy cannabis plants, but would absolutely love to find a tetraploid. You may have heard of a strain called Diablo Pink Kush... the seeds from this strain are known as "terminator seeds" because the parents of the cross are a diploid and a tetraploid... this makes DPK a triploid, which is sterile due to chromosomal mismatch. If you want to grow it, you must buy seeds every time as these plants can't be bred.

Damn, I'm sorry for rambling on your thread man... I think the three blunts of Platinum Kush may have been a little overkill this morning... probably gonna have to make another pot of coffee.

Have an enjoyable weekend all!!

• Like 2

Thanks for the compliments. I learned a long time ago to just give the roots some room and a couple microbe teas and a light feeding in week 3 and the shit grows itself. And im big on the guano. Its seems to me to bring the smell and flavor out. Thats interesting to hear about the genes. Ive had my share of triploids and ive read up on the whorled phylotaxy before but didnt know about the whole "terminator" genes due to a mismatch. I can say i learned something new today, which is always a good thing.

Anyways stay safe everyone. Ill be back with an update in a couple weeks when i get some real nuggets forming. And since i dont have a full room this run i can get some individual true color shots when i pull them out. Im excited for the chem desire. Its my first mota strain and they are some branchy bushes. Should be a nice yield. Just gotta cross my fingers for something special i guess

• Like 1

hey Ben, could you break your soil process down real quick? Also the ms universe and shackzilla, do you have close ups of cured bud? Still my favorite thead

I keep it simple. Roots organic soil with an extra handful of earthworm castings and a pinch or two of guano. With me its all timing. Start in 4 or 6 inch pots about a month for veg. Transplant into a 3 or 5 gallon and give it a week to settle and flip. Ill usually brew up some castings and guano with molasses once a month for them along with sannies bacto. And ill feed once in week 3 with bac bloom. Also week 5 or 6 if its a 10 week plant. I really like roots soil. I find if i use a big enough pot u can grow it in straight roots soil with just water and get some pretty top shelf stuff. The shit really does grow itself if u let it. When my plants look like shit its usually me trying to do too much.

Ill get some pics of the zilla and ms uni's. Give me a couple minutes

• Like 3

Shackzilla. This is def a stable strain. All the ones ive done have pretty much been the same smell looks and tastewise. And a solid yielder

gallery_16155_5847_751474.jpg

gallery_16155_5847_1718752.jpg

Ms universe #1 and #2. I was indifferent to this strain at first but the number 2 is definitely something special. Desstar pheno with a sweet cherry/grape scent. Super sticky. Never feels dry. Fades red and purple. Lower yield but this is one i kept so ill be seeing what i can do with her. Gonna try her outdoors this summer. This is def a pheno hunter strain. Funny too because ive had these seeds for years and just never ran them. I think i still have a half a pack or so actually. Im wondering what the f2 prof p just put out is like.

# 1 on bottom #2 on top

gallery_16155_5847_1584901.jpg

gallery_16155_5847_2083962.jpg

gallery_16155_5847_572715.jpg

****please excuse the shitty trim job****

• Like 13

I am running a half pack of the f2 now, so far they are all showing the same narrow sativa looking leaves, but they are babies yet. Ill post um up later down the road

your shkzlla, sorry if i read over it and didnt see, but how many weeks does your run from clone.

Quick update. Pics are from a little under 6 weeks. Around day 40.

Salmon river og#2

gallery_16155_5847_1914174.jpg

gallery_16155_5847_689246.jpg

gallery_16155_5847_3929775.jpg

2 sour secrets in the back and 2 chem desires by moterebel in the front...#5 on the left and #2 on the right

gallery_16155_5847_4845876.jpg

Chem desire #5

gallery_16155_5847_62846.jpg

Chem desire #2

gallery_16155_5847_991352.jpg

Sour secret

gallery_16155_5847_2063405.jpg

This one is soliloqueen #6. A cut i kept from the first flowering earlier this winter. She had a nice stretch that created a big head nug last run but she yellowed out too early so i decided to give her another try. Had vanilla smells that cured into a coffee type scent after curing. Def a slow flowering one. She takes a bit to get started budding. Shes a little better shape this run.

gallery_16155_5847_4329287.jpg

gallery_16155_5847_99717.jpg

Last pic is something odd i noticed ive never seen. Went into my mountain temple #3 jar and noticed what appears to be resin or oil on the top of the lid. Thought it was just residue from the lid of the jar but its sticky and smells just like the weed in the jar does. Does anyone know if resin can evaporate or have any explanation for what or why this is going on?

gallery_16155_5847_3167528.jpg

• Like 8

That is weird indeed, sorry can't help on that.

Your plants look great :)

Greetz

looks like they may have got damp or something..looks like condensation ..

enjoy your threads Ben..take care

The sticky stuff is the oils dosing ( breaking down , not good ) the sprayed plastic paint type sealer stuff on the inside of the lid

There are two types of jars

One is for pickling and jams (for non oil based , inside lid has sprayed on paint type sealer )

and coffe jars ( inside of glass lid is regular hard plastic not sprayed stuff ) or preserving jars , both these are for oil based : )

I had to sand off , the sprayed paint sealer stuff of the inside of the lids of my 2gal pickle jars to use , or that's what happens : )

Bringing buds in and out of jar leaves oil on the glass jar rim , when you screw the lid down the oil makes contact from the rim to the lid .......... look closer .......... that where it is dosing or breaking down sprayed paint sealer back to its liquid form , that ring of contact I think is like a bad chemical sticky residue : (

• Like 1

I don't know this is correct , is just what I came up with at the time it happened to me , maybe someone more knologable will know for sure : )

@ ifish I think ur right and that was what i originally thought...that it had something to do with the seal of the jar. These were jars a friend picked up at an estate or garage sale he happen to drive by. He knows im always looking for big jars. A couple do have some sort of fruit label that looks really old. I just thought it was weird that only 1 out of like 10 jars did this and the residue smelled exactly like the bud.

@stanky i could say the same for you and your planter of seeds thread but i guess they can only grow so fast. Im just really fired up about that lineup in that thread. Cant wait to see what comes out of those packs. But anyways i should have some harvest shots of these this week. Friday was only 7 weeks so ive been trying to hold out on cutting these despite the fact that some looked done since around 6 weeks. The chems are bushes. I dont even think they will fit thru the door. The salmon has 5 tops that are all hard as a rock and at least a foot long and a soda can around. And the secret is just lovely all around as usual...pure lemon kush funk. Itll turn purple too if u leave it on the plant long enough.

Oh and i made my first batch of ice water hash in years yesterday. Was bored and have a bunch of trim laying around. My amateur hash making skills showed so im sure some is of average quality. Under mignification i could see some plant material here and there but i did run the trim 3 times. Ill get a pic later when i get home.

• Like 1

My Salmon River OG looks EXACTLY like yours do. Do they REEK like mine do????? Stem rubs are stupid stinky on them.

Whats up jet. I cant tell how stinky this one is. I have a terrible sense of smell sometimes. Plus i have so many strains down there. sugar leaf rub smells like berries and maybe a little lemon. Really nice. This one has huge fans and no side branching. Ive had 4 females out of 7 or 8 seeds ( i think i have 3 left, not sure if there was 10 or 11 in this pack) theyve all been really good at minimum. This one has been the most indica as far as structure is concerned

Here is the hash. 5 bag setup. The tan is the 3rd bag, brown the 4th, and black the last bag

gallery_16155_5847_2917770.jpg

• Like 8

One branch of secret....

Before

gallery_16155_5847_1460110.jpg

gallery_16155_5847_772087.jpg

After

gallery_16155_5847_4069492.jpg

gallery_16155_5847_2251146.jpg

gallery_16155_5847_2006409.jpg

gallery_16155_5847_1519295.jpg

gallery_16155_5847_363619.jpg

A nice top of chem desire #5 cut as a tester. Verdict...im stoned

gallery_16155_5847_461853.jpg

gallery_16155_5847_1858325.jpg

gallery_16155_5847_1267332.jpg

More coming soon. Salmon river up next

• Like 7

Salmon river pre-chop. Huge dark green leaves when growing. Big nugs with no side branching.

gallery_16155_5847_2274197.jpg

gallery_16155_5847_374852.jpg

gallery_16155_5847_3356813.jpg

gallery_16155_5847_3650509.jpg

gallery_16155_5847_4665877.jpg

Ill post some more up later after trimming to show just how big these things are. Kinda tough to tell in the pics

• Like 4

MY Salmon River are different! Same big leaves, but mine branched well. It is a different pheno all together.