•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

GreenJesus

Problem with my plants! Help Needed

Hello,

I need some assistance with my [HAZE X] (Sensiseeds) plants.

First some INFO:

Light: 4 42watt 2700 CFLS

Pots: 1 gallon for first 25 days, then transplanted into 3 gallon pots with %30 Perlite

Soil: Universal planting Compost

Temp: 25c (Stable)

Water: Mineral drinking water (PH-7.4) 500ml per plant every 3 days.

Nutrients: I only fed twice, i put two teaspoons of 12-12-17 into 500ml of water and divided it equally to all three plants, i did this procedure twice, once every other watering i did.

Three days ago I noticed some browning on the tips of some edges. as another day passed, the brown tips occurred on other leaves too, usually midway through the plant. Also, now the brown tips are starting to form on new leaf growth. ALSO, there are a few random white patches on some leaves(1 inch patches at max). Leaves at the middle of the plant have also started to fade in color. This problem is only happening to two out of three plants, even though they are the exact same grow.

INFO: I transplanted a week ago because since sprout, I have never seen any run off of water, this included the two times i fertilised. I got worried so i transplanted.

INFO: I just flushed the plants yesterday to try to eliminate the possibility of Nute and salt Buildup, there was a bit of a boost in growth today but maybe i am just imagining it.

INFO: ALL plants look extremely healthy and have fast Growth rates.

IMPORTANT: One of the plants are starting to form similar to PURPLE? coloring on the side stems...

LINK TO ALL PICS:

http://postimg.org/gallery/14ar6im8g/

Welcome To OG Green :wave:

your plants look happy and healthy to me.

fertilizer mix sounds really hot, 2ts/500ml = 20ml/l is about ten times what most nutrients mix at, crazy hot especially considering your soil should have everything they need for several weeks.

PH 7.4 is a tiny bit high, but not enough to worry about, your soil should have enough buffering agents in it to bring it down.

yes, that's nutrient burn on the tips of the lower leaves, your plants are storing nutrients there to keep them from burning new growth, looks like she'll be ok. if you don't fertilize again for a while.

Purple stems can be caused by low nitrogen or lockout, but more often are just a genetic predisposition of the plant.

the lights in the picture are 6500k not 2700, good thing, plants grow much better under 6500k and flower better under 2700k although you can use either for both it doesn't work nearly as well.

not sure why you're concerned about runoff water, it's a safe bet that if you had seen runoff water from a seedling in a one gallon pot you would also have seen the seedling die, seedlings really don't like really wet soil.

for the most part the best thing you can do for your plants is leave them alone, feed them when they look hungry, water them when the pot gets a bit light, they'll take care of the rest.

If you MUST fuss then fuss over ONE plant only, after the ones that you don't fuss over out yeild the one you do by 2 or 3 to one you'll see what I mean.

And remember the golden rules

Don't Tell

Don't Smell

Don't Sell

Stay Safe

BalzOut

• Like 4

X-Haze (breeder) White Label

//Fresh from the breeding labs to your grow-room - here is a suberb, feminised Haze strain with all the qualities you expect from a Sativa. Plants fill out beautifully, so that by the end of flowering the upper 50% of their stems and main branches are completely obscured by long, crystalline flowers. The Indica influence is subtle, giving extra density and a rich citrus flavour to the buds of X-Haze.

FLOWERING: 65-80 days

HEIGHT: 150-180cm

YIELD: up to 100g

Feminised Sativa/Indica

//copy paste

I mostly agree with Ballz also "haze" strains are notoriously sensative to excess nutrients. Nitrogen specifically. Isn't that planting compost already enriched with nutrients out of the bag?

-Passion

The leaf on the last pic, have you turned it over to see if any bugs? Could be nothing but looks like maybe a start of a bug in that pic.

The leaf on the last pic, have you turned it over to see if any bugs? Could be nothing but looks like maybe a start of a bug in that pic.

i was thinking same thing, little white/silver spots could be damage from unwanted guests. some, like russet mites, can be very very hard to spot, you need at least a 40x scope and some patience. focus on single area of leaf underside for several minutes and look for any movement.

fingers crossed that's not the case. good luck and welcome to og.

• Like 1

damn man thanks guys....didn't think so many replies would be sent, <33

and ya i just read the compost bag, comes with 0,75 kg of NPK per squared meter, i don't really know what that means but ya. And btw i spotted a silver spot on one of my leafs! it looked bright silver, could that be a bug? i did see a huge fly lurking around, killed it though. And if anyone else sees this post, if i switch to flowering right this moment, how big of a yield could i be expecting per plant? and would the flowering phase take roughly 2 months?

You are asking basic questions and thus you need to learn the basics. We are glad to help but we are not going to hold your hand through a grow. I say this not out of meanness but to help you.

Here is a good link on the life of cannabis: http://leg.mt.gov/co...-life-cycle.pdf

Here is a good video link on basic lifecyle of cannabis:

Also look up what the plant wants to eat during its stages of development and how it does it.

And look up cannabis plant deficiencies and problems.

I will let you work out the searches for those, they are not hard to find.

• You are too worried about your plants. Take a break relax, they are kinda hard to kill and this is going to be more about learning than anything else.
  • Need to know genetics before we can tell you what the plant will do once it flowers.

Those coloring stems are either due to cold temps and/or calmag issues, you probably need to add it. Do not flush anymore. Get in the mindframe of flushing is worse case scenario kind of thing.

We need strain/genetic information, name of seeds.

what are your height restrictions, I see your using cfls so I assume not very much. Do have flowering lights or just those? If so, you are going to want to make some changes in the future. I would lst (low stree training) bush them but in the future, for now, just learn the basics.

In the mean time, give a bit of veg fertilizer and not strong, better to have her hungry and burned. If you do not have EC pen then do 1/4 of the bottle recommended dosages or get some worm castings and just put a handful around each plant.

Read and do what I said and we will see how serious you are. Best of luck and I hope I see happy healthy plants.

I am stupid, I see you posted strain name, I am looking into it.

I have only seen one post on it and says good yield but medium effect. Good yield mid grade would be my take but only one review so not much. You can search out reviews of it and judge it. It claims a fast flowering but you have to take these with a grain of salt. You do not have ideal conditions and with weak light you will have a different flowering than what is stated but perhaps in the 7-9 week period is realistic with more likely the 9 week side of it.

• Like 3

Ya i guess i am asking way too many specifics, i already know a shitload about growing, through over 30+ hours of research. And i am not going to introduce any ferts, as the ferts here are without a brand and just come in bags written with 12-12-17. I cant trust that stuff..and i haze zero limitations to height, i am only limited through time, as i am leaving for uni in a few months. Thanks for the tips

Hempy your a great teacher and I thank you so much for being on open grow:))

• Like 1

Wow!

That makes you an expert!

Im just saying i know about basic stuff like temp, humidity, lighting, and stuff like that. No experience though ;)