•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Lotus

Holy Princess, Shackzilla, Killing Fields F4|Classic Seeds - C99 x Strawberry Diesel;Urban Menace;Cin City;Frost Berry Chem

Greetings fellow cultivators!

2 Cabs, 7 Strains. Both cabs with 330w CMH. 3 Feminized, 4 regular. If males, then pollen collecting/chucking is planned.

Ok so here's the deal. I started with popping:

-5 Holy Princess (Santa Maria x C99 freebies) - E$kob@r Seeds

-2 C99xStrawberry Diesel Reg - Classic Seeds

-1 Urban Menace ((Jack Frost x Fast Thai x (NL#1xThai)) Fem - Classic Seeds

-1 Cin City (C99 F2 x Soma NYCD) Fem - Classic Seeds

-1 Frost Berry Chem (Classic Jack Frost x P.O.A.) x (Classic Strawberry Diesel x Alphadog) Fem - Classic Seeds

Only 2/5 Holy Princess sprouted, so they were replaced with:

-1 Shackzilla Fem - Sannie's Seeds

-1 Killing Fields F4 Reg - Sannie's Seeds

The killing fields is there, because I couldn't help myself. It's a Sannie staple strain I haven't seen grow yet so even if it's male, I'm sure I can make use of the pollen, say...by dusting Shackzilla? :blink:

I just ran my first Shackzilla, but pitifully. I aim to do it justice this time...as the high is amazing, and I'll need to replenish!!! :shifty:

So all is going okay, except one of the two HP is stunted somehow and has frozen in time after about the second day after it sprouted. I think the seeds were quite old, as the germ rate was bad...I really hope it springs back with love and care, because I REALLY was hoping to get lucky and make more HP seeds hehehe. :dribble:

Also...I will never start seedlings under fluorescent lights. They will always germ under the CMH, or whatever HID they are going to veg under. When that's the first light source they experience, they don't have a standard to react to, so they just do whatever to survive, without realizing it. But I swear, when they first feel a nice, clean, easy to absorb weaker light source, they like relax or something, then shit their pants and panic, while burning the wilting while they readjust and realize what "light" actually is!!! Both Frost Berry Chem and the Cin City had this light stress effect. The new seedlings all across the board are simply eating the light up! So yeah...

I'm excited to give Classic Seeds a go, opinions seem to vary to a great extent of his work or words, but I have faith, my instincts tell me he's legit, and I guess the proof will be in the pudding!

Basically this will be my first attempt at making some seeds too, so hopefully that will be a success if the opportunity presents itself! =D

Without further ado, it begins:

Various Days of Seedlings (Also a C99 Clone/mother that just won't fully revert and is shooting pistils like crazy...

gallery_15626_5435_697067.jpg

gallery_15626_5435_397647.jpg

gallery_15626_5435_599522.jpg

gallery_15626_5435_381892.jpg

gallery_15626_5435_271962.jpg

gallery_15626_5435_786730.jpg

gallery_15626_5435_480263.jpg

gallery_15626_5435_726005.jpg

gallery_15626_5435_1143262.jpg

gallery_15626_5435_500746.jpg

gallery_15626_5435_600116.jpg

gallery_15626_5435_414066.jpg

gallery_15626_5435_120778.jpg

gallery_15626_5435_364489.jpg

• Like 6

Nice setup, you hatch your babies much diff from me.

Nice setup and good luck to you!

• Like 1

Nice setup, you hatch your babies much diff from me.

Nice setup and good luck to you!

What's your method @starinhazy? I've been contemplating whether i should alter mine or not. The reason i do it this way is because the robust and extremely viable seeds always seem to hatch in unison. If they're not up by the 3rd day, they're usually a dud. I have a heat mat under them ss i try to replicate sannie's method the best i can! Always open to suggestions or other successful methods for consideration!

P.S.

Anyone ever have a seedling stunted/frozen in time that has eventually come back full force? Everything is identical to its sibling Holy Princess, i can only imagine root complications. Any feedback is appreciated!

P.S.

Anyone ever have a seedling stunted/frozen in time that has eventually come back full force? Everything is identical to its sibling Holy Princess, i can only imagine root complications. Any feedback is appreciated!

Yes, I tried something crazy one time, and it worked.

I had three seedlings that stopped growing, due to a wet root zone. Drying them out didn't help. I transplated one into new soil, and it died. With the last two I added water mixed with Rootone-- the liquid kind that is used for transplanting trees and shrubs.

It burned the plants, but then they started growing again, and they grew normally after that. It literally burned the tops so that the only green parts were the little growing points in the leaf axils.

• Like 1

Yes, I tried something crazy one time, and it worked.

I had three seedlings that stopped growing, due to a wet root zone. Drying them out didn't help. I transplated one into new soil, and it died. With the last two I added water mixed with Rootone-- the liquid kind that is used for transplanting trees and shrubs.

It burned the plants, but then they started growing again, and they grew normally after that. It literally burned the tops so that the only green parts were the little growing points in the leaf axils.

Lol wow haha nice! How much did you mix? I have rootone, so i may be forced to give this a try if no activity happens in a couple days. I've been feeding root stimulators with beneficial bacteria/microbes. I've had this once before... Stayed small and green for like a month, like it died but remained green, like almost biologically petrified. Just enough water to stay green, but no life in it. But this is supposed to be the center of this grow, I've been dying for more Holy Princess seeds, everytime i request them as santa maria x c99 i get something else instead. Lol if any have their homemade beans from a random HP grow I'd be willing to pay for some...

I don't remember if I mixed it as directed, or cut the dose in half.

Thinking back on it, I transplanted all three, and hit them with Rootone after one died. In my experience, young plants that are stunted due to wet roots always die, so I had nothing to lose.

• Like 1

I had poor germ rates on sm x c99 also, and my method is beyond reproach.

That sucks, such a shame. Lol funny how scarcity makes things seem more legendary. I don't know why I'm so intrigued by Holy Princess... Guess I'll have to grow my Boudicas and hope to find a pheno that leans away from the Exodus Cheese...

I don't remember if I mixed it as directed, or cut the dose in half.

Thinking back on it, I transplanted all three, and hit them with Rootone after one died. In my experience, young plants that are stunted due to wet roots always die, so I had nothing to lose.

Yeah this is what I fear. Nothing was overwatered, but then again nothing at all is taking any water up like the others if the roots are in trouble. I think I'll give your method a go when i get home... At this rate it won't be ready for the flip with the others...

Nice set up dude. Really like the C99 Straberry Diesel cross, havn't seen that yet, when I imagine a taste, the old organic hippie Odwalla Straberry Super C comes to mind, with some diesel in it...(not the garbage Odwalla/Pepsi that is now today).

I wonder why your Holy Princess didn't sprout, they were in the same conditions yes?

• Like 1

Nice set up dude. Really like the C99 Straberry Diesel cross, havn't seen that yet, when I imagine a taste, the old organic hippie Odwalla Straberry Super C comes to mind, with some diesel in it...(not the garbage Odwalla/Pepsi that is now today).

I wonder why your Holy Princess didn't sprout, they were in the same conditions yes?

Hey man thanks. And yeah classic's Strawberry diesel crosses have great reviews as well as his c99 crosses, so to me this was a no brainer!

Yes all seeds were in identical environments. Lol the c99 x sd that you can see toppled over was actually upside down lol i had to manually flip it! Lol i put the seed wrong orientation and the taproot was coming out the top. As you can see even flipping its world upside down couldn't hold that baby back!! In fact all the others germed like clockwork in unison. I've trusted this germ method so much that i knew to be weary of seeds that don't sprout in 2 days. I only doubted the method out of panic and dread due to a strain I've been planning to pop for so long that it has become legendary to me lol!

From reading posts of the SMxC99 freebees, the dates go back 3+ years. With how Esko made it sound, he wasn't going to spend time on HP other than selecting for Boudica. So i suspect he had one huge batch of Holy Princess seeds left over, but they were labeled "santa maria x c99" so were accidentally listed as freebees and then when they realized it they just left it. So if the seeds i have were in fact a 3+ year old batch... I can understand these germ rates...

• Like 1

Why the clear cups? This is not best practice. You want soil life to be strong and exposing the sides to light is detrimental to this end. Also, your roots are not a fan of light.

With that said, it will not be the end of the world but keep in mind when you do in the future. For now, I would cover the clear cup sides with a non clear cup or tape some colored paper around them or something to get them out of light.

Minor issue but establishing strong early growth is best and if you add bacto and myco to your mix than you want it to be effective.

The above may of been a role in the issue but it might be from watering in too cold of water. Rule this out by ensuring your water is at room temperature. When putting cold water into a new media the temperature can drop faster than you appreciate and this can slow things down.

Do you notice how some of the seedlings are leaning to one side to reach the light. She wants to be closer but that is not my point, turn her so she is leaning away from the light. She will move back and this helps develop strong stems. Keep rotating like that and I like this before putting direct air on them.

• Like 2

Hey hempyfan, clear cups are so that i can check when roots are coiling at the bottom. If you look again all cup sides are taped up. At first i added no bacto and they were in the uncovered cups for maybe a day when roots were nowhere near the sides. My water is distilled ice mountain and it's always room temperature. The leaning was only happening under the 100w cfl... Now under the cmh there really isn't too much lean. The oscillating fan is blowing just above the seedlings, as they age, they grow into the wind. =D

• Like 2

Good deal, my blind ass is more mr. magoo and than anything! I did not notice the tape.

Keep on keeping on!

• Like 1

Good deal, my blind ass is more mr. magoo and than anything! I did not notice the tape. Keep on keeping on!

Lol admittedly, I just realized that they were in clear cups for like 4 days...I actually waited to see them through the side of the cup...I was aware of the clear cup drawback, but I was curious to observe the rate and nature of the roots after transplant. As soon as I saw roots on the sides I taped them up, leaving the bottom open so I can see when to transplant. I do appreciate the advice, all good and would have been very helpful a couple years ago haha! I'm convinced the damage on the first 2 sets of leaves on the FBC and CC are because those leaves were "born" under the CFL light. I think there must be some mechanism that senses what the next leaf needs in order to "survive the light." Perhaps it creates more terpenes, hairs/fuzz, and oils when new growth emerges in a high intensity, UV rich environment. All new leaves look as healthy as the seedlings that sprouted under the CMH.

Regarding the current grow, not much to report...regarding the previous grow, 5 smokes to report!! =D

Hey Lotus, good luck.

I had poor luck with a heating mat. I use a mini heater with good luck now.

gallery_7552_4147_2240823.jpg

gallery_7552_4147_306774.jpg

gallery_7552_4147_1150449.jpg

I try to get the seeds up to 80 f to crack, then keep the soil at 72 f for the first week or two.

• Like 3

Oh nice man thanks! I'm just gonna try and stick a thermometer into the perlite I have the rapid rooters in to get an idea of actual temperature. Both the Shackzilla and Killing Fields F4 are taking forever to germ. I did have a thought, many of these seeds were bought in winter and were perhaps damaged or frozen during that time...and I know constant thawing and refreezing is not ideal. I'm gonna try my best to only order beans in non winter months...lol.

Can't change topic name...but I decided to give the C99 clone away. It smelled/smells incredible...somehow the high has too much heavy in it. With speedy trip hitters like Shackzilla, Jack and Delahaze, I can't justify a space for her. The Sugar Punch, btw, is an intensely complex high. The first night I enjoyed her, I could not fall asleep, yet the pleasure filled body high was so unexpected with the up type high. It was an alert euphoria, doing things, or laying down, different parts were brought out. (This reminds me I must do smoke reports)...

P.S.

Please excuse the Sannie's Jack influenced ramblings here. What I meant to say was that somehow, my second Killing Fields F4 is a dud...so I decided on Eskobar's Fem Oaxacan and a single regular seed of his Jalisco Jaze. I can't change the post title...soooooo....yeah...This will be one of those confusing sources of semi-reliable information based grow reports...lol.

Oh P.P.S.

Shackzilla germed and is starting life.

~Lotus~

Edited by Lotus
  • Like 4

Officially revised topic title:

***Holy Princess, Shackzilla, Jalisco Jaze|Classic Seeds - C99 x Strawberry Diesel;Urban Menace;Cin City;Frost Berry Chem;Headband***

Looong story short:

Other cab is done. The regs got flipped to 12/12 today, Jalisco Jaze will be flowered from seed. The Oaxican fem didn't germ...I replaced with Classic's version of Headband (nycd x og k clone) Fem, which gets lucky because I'm letting my fems grow a bit more than previous run to use more of the verical space. I will do a detailed progression of crap, or maybe not, not sure how interesting it will be lol. I meant to document more of the cab build but jesus life is nuts! Lol so this is a super quick update for those who care. =D

Fem Cab

Upper Left: Cin City

Lower Left: Frost Berry Chem

Up Middle: Urban Menace

Up Right: Shackzilla

Down Middle (small blue cup): Headband

gallery_15626_5474_917103.jpg

Reg Cab (1st day of 12/12)

Left to Right: SD x C99 #2, SD x C99 #1, Jalisco Jaze, Holy Princess

gallery_15626_5475_713469.jpg

~Lotus~

• Like 4

Small update...

Good news is my single Holy Princess is FEMALE! Better news is that I just got the santa maria x c99 freebie i asked for in my last order!! They were in smaller bags than usual...I feel it was some sort of incognito restock from esko! Lol. Ummm....yah not much else to say... :mellow:

Fem Cab

gallery_15626_5474_1092793.jpg

Reg Cab

gallery_15626_5475_1186659.jpg

Holy Princess

gallery_15626_5481_246267.jpg

gallery_15626_5481_105253.jpg

~Lotus~

• Like 3

Nice genetics you have there.

Where did you get the Headband fem from ? Is this the Sour Diesel x OG kush ?

Thanks. Yeah the Headband is Classic's version using Sour Diesel x OG Kush...some of these bud shots of this strain look insane...there's supposed to be a super frosty pheno in the same class of frost as GG#4. Very exciting...especially knowing that it isn't the hermie pollinated accidental headband lol!

• Like 1