•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Growboy

20 Sannies Jacks + 2 Sannies Jack Heribei

Hi Guy's and Girls,

Out of curiosity what do you do to boost the bud development any tips based on experience?

IMG_3198.jpg

Grtx,

Growboy

• Like 2

Growboy....Nice thread! You can do something as simple as Water x Molasses. 1/4 tblsp for 1 gallon of water. Mix & water your plants. Or you can get any of the big names Nutrients like GH Koolbloom or whatever. There's a ton of products easily available. I'm using a Mars-Hydro II 700 watt LED light for my grow. I'm getting there but not as fast as a 600W HPS. Nicely done Growboy!

Nice Growboy ! What week are your Jack girls at ? Are they still stretching ?

I have 2 fem Jack girls starting after 3 weeks of veg.

Nice green lady`s, there enjoy it :tu

Maybe some guano poo?? I`ll shall save it for later there green enough!! maybe in a week or 2....

Nice Growboy ! What week are your Jack girls at ? Are they still stretching ?

I have 2 fem Jack girls starting after 3 weeks of veg.

Hi Barney to be honest don't know what week I'm @? Start March 19th - seeds in soil

• Like 1

Hi Barney to be honest don't know what week I'm @? Start March 19th - seeds in soil

Question when you talk about "flowering time 10-13 weeks" when do you start counting?

• when the clock is set to 12/12
  • when you see the first signs of flowering

Wow, gotta be the most intriguing plant to grow, ever. I never get tired of looking at them. And, I love growing them.

Nice thread Growboy. thanks!

If there are preflowers present and the nodes are starting to zig-zag when you start 12/12, then I go by the start of the 12/12 cycle. If you start flo before she is fully mature, start when there are preflowers and asymmetrical nodes. You basically always start at he beginning of 12-12 on clones.

• Like 1

Beautiful Growboy! one of my other passions is photography, although I have no sophisticated gear with me at the moment. Do you use a mono-pod or a tripod?

Beautiful specimen, too. Awesome, and perfection. Wonderfully healthy.

Hey Mr Goodfellow, (totally off topic :)

I am using a tripod but a very old Canon camera 450D same for my lens 70-200mm sigma. About 2 years ago I have sold all my high-end camera stuff Canon 1DX and all my lenses, flashes and so on. Most of my pictures on this forum are taken with lights on & custom white balance settings (take a shot of a white area in your room as reverence). Here some off topic shots:

g8lTcSY.jpg

EV76zgR.jpg

RF9Vnfq.jpg

6aVWBr7.jpg

• Like 5

I had a Sigma 70-200 also. Cheap workhorse. Man, you're work is spot on. Very cool. Thanks for sharing!

I didn't top the one at the back and is so much taller hoping for one big bud!

So glad I switched day to night as it is extremely hot lately in this part of the world!

m7TcsE8.jpg

• Like 3

You go away for a few days, and this is what the kids get up to?

Outstanding!

Truly exceptional work. I'm never gonna have to search for a desktop background ever again.

Thanks for sharing GB.

Keep 'em coming.

Can't wait to see what justice you do to your final harvest. You really are going to have to pull one out of the bag for that (with regard to the photography) - you have set the bar so high for yourself. I have every faith you will do it proud.

cheers.

I didn't top the one at the back and is so much taller hoping for one big bud!

So glad I switched day to night as it is extremely hot lately in this part of the world!

How much longer for flower? Month? 6 weeks? Beauty, man. I would gladly trade all clothing to have my closet filled with that!

Thanks for the comments guys,

Recap:

Started with 20 Sannies Jacks & 2 (freebies) Sannies Jack Heribei.

Was hoping for 10 or 12 females and I got 12 Sannies Jacks

The 2 Heribeis turned out to be males as for 4 Jacks. I only have room for max 12 females had to donate 4 Jacks to a friend.

Using the Bio Bizz range not a 100% sure but another 4 weeks to go.

Due to work I always change day to night and night to day, at 7 in the evening the lights turn on and switch off at 7 in the morning.

So no lights on during my work absence (I think its safer) an other benefit is that we have extreme temperatures at the moment so no heating needed when the lights are off during day time and less heat extraction needed when the lights are on night time!

Keep you posted!

• Like 4

Okay random white balance question for you.

First these are taken with lights on under MH or HPS?

I can never seem to get it right under hps, but might actually use a white card this time haha.

Your grow is looking top notch and even though I have yet to grow out the Sannies Jack, I am betting you will love it.

Keep the pics coming bro! !!

I can never seem to get it right under hps, but might actually use a white card this time haha.

Depending what camera you have I used Canon only:

1. Format your SD
  2. Set your Cam to full auto
  3. Take a picture of something white in your room (close-up so you only see white) (A4 sheet, place it near/close to your subject.
  4. Set your Cam to AV or Manual any other then full auto
  5. Set your WB (white balance) to "Custom"
  6. Goto settings
  7. Set WB and select your shot of the A4 sheet (should be yellow/orange (ish))

Now your set and will see it works!

FYI

How to use a White Balance Target.

No matter what make or model or DSLR you are using you will need to take a picture of your white balance target at some point. We will discuss below how to set custom white balance on a Canon or Nikon DSLR but there are some rules that apply to all cameras.

First, set up your target in the exact lighting that you are going to be shooting in. This means that you will be calibrating your camera to the exact lighting temperature that is going to be falling on your subject. When taking the sample photograph, make sure that the target fills the frame as much as possible and be extra sure that your shadow does not cover any part of the target. When capturing the sample image it is best to get your exposure correct there and then, as this will also affect how your camera records the white balance. The Seamless White Balance Target consists of grey, white and black a white segment. To get the best results when setting a custom white balance on your camera, fill your frame with the white segment.

How to set a custom white balance on a Canon DSLR.

The principle is basically the same no matter what type of DSLR camera you are using, it is only the method that changes. On a Canon DSLR capture an image of your White Balance Target as described above and press the play button so you can review the image. Next, press the menu button and scroll through the settings until you find the “Custom WB” tab. Select it and you will see your image yellow/orange (ish). Then simply press “set” and the camera will automatically make the changes to your custom white balance settings. Then all you have to do is select the custom white balance setting from the white balance menu and you’re all set to go.

How to set a custom white balance on a Nikon DSLR.

On a Nikon DSLR camera, hold down the “WB” button until you see the letters “PRE” flash on your LCD screen on the top of your camera. Then take a picture of the grey card using the guidelines above. The LCD panel will then flash the word “good” to let you know that the custom white balance has worked. Similar to the Canon camera, simply select the custom white balance from the white balance menu and start shooting.

• Like 1

Good stuff. Lots of details in the shadows. So nice that i wish I knew your address, I would bring you a fruit cake, case of beer, naked woman, .... etc. You get my drift. I would be there bearing gifts! I would however have to buy new tires to make the drive across the Atlantic.

• Like 1

Good stuff. Lots of details in the shadows. So nice that i wish I knew your address, I would bring you a fruit cake, case of beer, naked woman, .... etc. You get my drift. I would be there bearing gifts! I would however have to buy new tires to make the drive across the Atlantic.

Well, Mr Goodfellow... I think James Bond has got the perfect solution for you!

gallery_9590_4320_29910.jpg

Anyways, the pictures are amazing Growboy - I'm glad I caught up with this thread! Very professional!

What kind of sensors are you using, and how do you incorporate the wireless into your method of environmental control... I guess my question is, could you elaborate on your grow room set-up from the temperature & humidity control perspective.

Thanks,

Damar

• Like 1