•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Happyman

Report suggests end of prohibition

Look what I found on leafly today:https://www.leafly.com/news/headlines/blockbuster-report-backs-un-cannabis-regulation-end-to-prohibitio

Happy! This took so

long!

nixon top advisor came out recently and said that the war on drugs was set up to criminalize protesters, hippies and african americans...its been a complete crock of shit for 3 decades

lets hope they knock down the wall, so to speak!

• Like 1

This adviser should go to a islandlonelyislandome back once the victims of his 'it's just a job' thing forgave him.

Easy to get angry here.

What is wrong I think is the people who seperate private from job.

It's all private..

Cannabis is "Technically" legal here in Canada since the Liberals were elected, it'll be legal in fact as soon as the feds figure out how to roadside test for it and how much is too much, unfortunately that may take a long while since next to no research has been done on the subject due to prohibition.

I'm actually more interested in the roadside testing to get the impaired off the road than legalization.

Stay Safe

BalzOut

• Like 1

who needs permission? ;) (lol)

they can "legalize" it or not ...

it won't change a thing in my growing or smoking habits, hehe.

it's like medipuff said ... they did that BS to stop opposing forces.

now that that the majority turned sheep and is not effectively

'opposing' anything anymore (except the TVprogramme, lol),

it does not matter anymore ;)

• Like 8

.....roadside testing is a good point.

over here,when you had 1-2 beer and you get caught,cops will say: "good evening,Sir...please drive carefully!". when you smoked a joint @ saturday night and they roadside test you monday morning,they take your driving licence and you´re in big trouble getting it back.

• Like 2

Yeah saxo, like you say. Its disgusting!

I drive always on that monday and ask myself why the fuck do i have to think about it!

It could happen every day..

• Like 1

Hell If we didnt know weed prohibition was a racial thing (Reefer Madness, funded by DuPont, inventors of NYLON rope to get HEMP out of govt hands) , then we dont know the history of it at all. The poor have suffered for its use the most...U ever had to go to court for weed when u were out of work? Eber when u had a good job? I have on both. When ur broke n smoke, Judge says fuck u..When u got a job and money, I was commended by the judge for being a hard workin guy that musta been in the wrong place at the wrong time. Its not only racial, its economic status. Think about alcohol prohibition in the US....Whites went to war with the govt with illegal booze...Guess who won? whitey...U think minorities had a voice back then? Shit..Ok, Im HAF....Pimp out...LOL!

Oh, weed will ALWYS be illegal somewhere in the US. Its not legal in all areas of legal states...Gotta know local laws too

I will never stop driving high

I wont drive anywhere unless I am high lol

• Like 2

I will never stop driving high

If I had a nickel for every time I've heard a drunk say much the same, well, I'd have a lot of nickels.

3rd impaired driving charge here is 6 months and a 5 year suspension, that'll stop stoners from driving high, since I have many loved ones who drive I think it's awesome.

but then some folks are so self centred they don't give a shit who they endanger, or stop to consider that others of the same character defect are endangering them.

@ San, I'm not going to change my smoking habits either, but then it's not my habit to drive impaired.

Stay Safe

BalzOut

• Like 1

Smoking and driving is not the same as drinking and driving on any scale... Unless you're dabbing and driving, that's OD.

My argument is always the same, if you were truly so high that you were a danger to those around you the cop wouldn't need a cannabis DUI law to take you off the road. You don't have to be drunk to fail a sobriety test. The cannabis DUI laws take advantage of the long half-life to give police an excuse to fuck with people, it's not about public safety

• Like 2

yes, and driving under the influence of alcohol is not the same as driving under the influence of heroin, so everybody should be allowed to drive around pissed to the gills?

give your heads a shake. Impaired is Impaired, doesn't matter how one got there.

Stoned drivers are exactly the same as drunk drivers in that the feel their personal gratification is more important than the lives of the people on the road with them.

if one is unable to pass a sobriety test then one should not be driving whether one is impaired by drugs, exhaustion, old age, huntington's chorea or something else entirely.

if cops do fuck with stoned drivers it's most likely because they've responded to at least one accident in which some jackass who thought he could drive stoned has mangled an innocent family.

While I don't expect to change anybodies mind, I'm not going to stop trying. Impaired driving is wrong, no matter how you try to justify it.

Stay Safe

BalzOut

• Like 1

If cops harass somebody it's because they are indoctrinated morons. I smoke and drive everyday and have for twenty years. I think I have an intimate understanding of my situation. It's not out of control compared to "benign" conditions like driving mad, or tired, or excited.

I have a family and a love of life I would not risk if I thought I was in danger.

You should try it. You might like it.

yes, and driving under the influence of alcohol is not the same as driving under the influence of heroin, so everybody should be allowed to drive around pissed to the gills?

give your heads a shake. Impaired is Impaired, doesn't matter how one got there.

Stoned drivers are exactly the same as drunk drivers in that the feel their personal gratification is more important than the lives of the people on the road with them.

---

I smoke and drive everyday and have for twenty years. I think I have an intimate understanding of my situation. It's not out of control compared to "benign" conditions like driving mad, or tired, or excited.

These may sound like contradictory statements but they both make the same point, impaired driving isn't a matter of drugs, because anger and cell phones are probably two of the biggest driving impairments. Impairment is impairment, and cops are already allowed to take you off the road for being impaired without being allowed to take you off the road just because you smoke weed.

For people with a regular cannabis consumption, impairment isn't likely, especially for anyone who uses the same amount of cannabis each day.

https://www.mainstreet.com/article/marijuana-positive-drivers-increase-fatal-motor-vehicle-crashes

^

This link says the number of car accident victims in Colorado, testing positive for cannabis, has doubled.

But this link says the number of car accidents has gone down despite that fact.

v

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-watch/wp/2014/08/05/since-marijuana-legalization-highway-fatalities-in-colorado-are-at-near-historic-lows/

(There are better links with actual data, but I'm on a time limit)

• Like 2

Yes, on paper information is not as informative as experience. It's hard to quantify something like this though.

My situation is unique in that I live in a very secluded area. I can often drive for an hour with out seeing another vehicle.

And I wouldn't want to be high driving in bad weather.

so yeah, If I lived in a city I wouldn't enjoy it at all.

"The bone cruise" is a very popular past time around here because it's awesome.

If cops harass somebody it's because they are indoctrinated morons. I smoke and drive everyday and have for twenty years. I think I have an intimate understanding of my situation. It's not out of control compared to "benign" conditions like driving mad, or tired, or excited.

I have a family and a love of life I would not risk if I thought I was in danger.

You should try it. You might like it.

I Did, then I realized that I was endangering everybody on the road with me, or to put it another way, I grew up, you should try it, you might like it

Also I would never drive drunk. That's when people get hurt.

people get hurt when they or others drive while impaired by a mind altering drug, you know, like cannabis.

For people with a regular cannabis consumption, impairment isn't likely, especially for anyone who uses the same amount of cannabis each day.

so that's how you justify driving impaired to yourself, interesting.

also totally irrelevant, since there's no way test everybodies tolerance and since tolerances change, limits are based on those with the lowest tolerances, idea being to keep impaired drivers the hell off the road, not to enable addicts to stay as stoned as possible.

Stay Safe

BalzOut

• Like 2

it is absurd to think if I get high on weed it does not impair my driving..BULL SHIT!!.

impaired is impaired. I never drive while smoking . I guess that is why I don't smoke until evening or when I know I have 0 places to go.

the reason they say cannabis along with alchol is the cause of said accidents. hell I can smoke a joint 2 weeks ago and get a blood test ,they will say I was smoking weed..lol

• Like 3

i just wish it would get taken off schedule 1 and decriminalized. i feel it's a crime for government to restrict or remove it's peoples freedom for pursuing happiness in a way that causes no harm to others.

but i also worry about if and when it goes federally legal and big corporations and big big money investors get fully involved.

another mental gear in my head thinks... uh, what was i gonna say?

phew comboned some selene and some of indi's smacked out bitch in a bowl. i would say you shouldn't drive on either one, and especially not when they're comboned. what ever the hell that is.

I use my push bike as transport , I only drive if going far and never stoned , anyother time I get my wife to drive : )

It's not about me , weather or not a think I am capable of drivin , it's about respecting other people and setting the right example to others

Tho I feel driving with a cold/bug affects drivin too lol

... some folks are so self centred they don't give a shit who they endanger ...

@ San, I'm not going to change my smoking habits either, but then it's not my habit to drive impaired.

i don't drive, bro ... but i promise to endager everybody in other ways, lol :)

• Like 3

Lol I got pulled over with a dank joint burnin. Cop asked if i had narcotics, I said FUCK NO!! I figured Id get searched, he came back to my car n said Have a good night sir... This was about 5 weeks ago. And no, its not legal here. But everyone knows weed isnt fuckin like alcohol, or better yet, u fuckers that text or answer ur gd cells while drivin. U fuckers suck.

Ill leave yall with a lil more common knowledge... There are many places across the US where alcohol is straight up banned. The counties where Jack Daniels, Jim Beam, and a few others are "dry" counties... So as Hunter S Thompson said, in a closed society where everyone is guilty, the only crime is getting caught.... ;)

• Like 2

I did my driver's license completely high.

When it is raining and there are lights from a construction site on the street and the water is running down my helmet it can cause some problems

@happyman , that's mad even without being stoned

My worst experience on motorbikes was when I got a dark tinted visior put on my helmet

At night I had to lift the visor too see lol and if it was raining it felt like someone stabbin your face with a screwdriver

Drivin a car well takes skill

Ridin a bike well is an art

Oh and pillions fallin asleep on long journeys and sliding off is another good one lol

On a motorbike you are very focused , but in a car there is a lot of distractions for stoners ( like heat haha ) the possibility of being wiped out fairly focuses the mind on two wheels

If every one had to do 2 years first on a motorbike before applying for a car liecence , there would be less on the roads and people would be more considerate of other drivers I think